Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654035 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#460033 Jul 8, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>So, what is the right answer and who has it?
If you are desperately in need to cling to one or another religion, then you are indeed lost to the idea that you can be whole without religion.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#460034 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A post can be deleted and re-posted to say something entirely different that the original...
How to Delete Posts on a Topix Website
by Shawn Farner, Demand Media
Topix is a website comprised of thousands of message boards, each focusing on a specific region. Users can post messages on their local Topix boards to share news and gossip but cannot delete posts. Deletions can only be done by Topix staff. If you'd like to have a post removed because you believe it's inaccurate, or if you feel the content is slanderous, you can request this action by following a few steps.
I can see Topix deleting a,post ..But NOT changing it ..why would they bother
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460035 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I judge other humans all the time. If that were not so I would not be on a forum.
I don't pretend to be HOLY. It saves a lot of time and stupidity, because we all know that we judge others.
June:

Judge not lest ye be judged....

No pretense on my part.

But I do use my brain for more than mere intellectual distractions. Its the difference of being in the world, but not of the world.

Your complaint is simply of the world. While you hold yourself aloof from the world, you complain also about it. That's two strikes, then you deny God's existence. Strike three! Your out.

You play baseball sincerely, be graceful in defeat as well as winning. If you can't..., I understand.(smile).

Prince George, Canada

#460036 Jul 8, 2013
Truthsayer777 wrote:
<quoted text>Same old unproven tune. Might makes right? That's not the way the Kingdom of God works, Howie.
OH PLEASE ... do give us YOUR rendition on how the invisible god runs his kingdom.

Silly people!

People in religion believe they travelling along with gods or they wouldn't pretend to know what the gods THINK ... of all the idiotic things.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#460037 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A post can be deleted and re-posted to say something entirely different that the original...
Topix is a website comprised of thousands of message boards, each focusing on a specific region. Users can post messages on their local Topix boards to share news and gossip but cannot delete posts. Deletions can only be done by Topix staff. If you'd like to have a post removed because you believe it's inaccurate, or if you feel the content is slanderous, you can request this action by following a few steps.
So you're saying I had the Topix staff delete my original post and re-word it. You may be that devious, but I'm not.

Again, for anyone who's interested in seeing how much of a phony, cheat and expert liar Oxbore is; Post #458779, page #22150.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#460038 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a prime example of the crowd that makes up the average Southern baptist. I'm still convinced he's a 60 year old mouth-breathing nose-picker sitting in mom's basement giggling at his brilliance.
No comment on any one here but stereotypes are not very nice ..Or accurate ..

The SBC,church I have attended ..was full of warm nice people with great bible sense.

The pastor. Amazing in His faith ..He was called up to full full time active duty .

I too has miscondeption about Baptists ..I was,happily wrong ..And I was a born and bred NEW YORKER

Prince George, Canada

#460039 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I and the Father are One.
How many gods are there in your universe?
Yes indeed. The theology states that Jesus the Jew and his extremely religious Jewish father are one. Judaism is their mainstay.

Too bad for Christians!

Ridiculous blather.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460040 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You presume that a god favors you while agreeing that others deserve hell, and then added to that arrogance you brag that you are indeed humble.
Your blindness to your own arrogance is amazing.
June:

Sorry June, you are wrong. It is not my presumption. It is your working thesis, upon which you judge.

I know you can't accept it, because your world-view does not take into account, that Christians can be humble. This world view is very difficult for you to resolve with others, and so you substitute other "authorities", as a source for your working model of humanity and Christianity. That's a tough sell, and most of the people on the thread know it. I don't think you even buy it, as you need to keep convincing yourself.

You seem obsessed with arrogance(pride). When aware of it, a Christian is obliged to get rid of it. So, I humbly thank you for constantly reminding me, your faithful service it gratefully noticed by me. There is a tendency for it to creep into one's soul.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460041 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see Topix deleting a,post ..But NOT changing it ..why wouldnt they bother
you(or anyone) can change a post. see?

I can see Topix deleting a,post ..But NOT changing it ..why would{n't} they bother I added two letters on your original post

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#460042 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying I had the Topix staff delete my original post and re-word it. You may be that devious, but I'm not.
Again, for anyone who's interested in seeing how much of a phony, cheat and expert liar Oxbore is; Post #458779, page #22150.
look, the guy is a kook, and should be treated as such by ALL of us.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#460043 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No comment on any one here but stereotypes are not very nice ..Or accurate ..
The SBC,church I have attended ..was full of warm nice people with great bible sense.
The pastor. Amazing in His faith ..He was called up to full full time active duty .
I too has miscondeption about Baptists ..I was,happily wrong ..And I was a born and bred NEW YORKER
Anyone who doesn't scowl at you would seem warm to a New Yorker. If you went to a baptist community building with an Oxbore, I have no doubt he'd be all smiles and very pleasant, but he's a phony. He said he was an expert liar when he was Catholic but when he met with an SBC pastor he was shown the light and left his lies and immorality behind. Based on his behaviour here and his stated denial of the Divinity of Christ I can only assume he's an even better liar and is morally bankrupt.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460044 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying you opened that door....

You said page 22150 has post 458779. Post 458779 is not on page 22150. It is on page 22153.

Conclusion...the original post you refer to as being on 22150 was cancelled, and re-posted to reflect the info in 458779 on page 22153..

Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460045 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:

It is possible, and we assume that they would not.

It is more probable posts are rewritten by people to deceive. It is a rather easy thing to do. It has happened to me. I confronted the individual, and they disappeared from Topix.

That is why you should be careful in what you write, so that it makes sense to you. If you notice a rewritten post, that doesn't make sense, you can go back and find the original. Also you can complain to Topix, and they can/might do something about it.

I am reminded of Kruschev in the USSR, "releasing" documents about Pius XII, after his death, in order to undermine his work. The documents were later found to be lies, but the effect of this set of lies deceived many, and still do so today.

Location hidden

#460046 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who doesn't scowl at you would seem warm to a New Yorker. If you went to a baptist community building with an Oxbore, I have no doubt he'd be all smiles and very pleasant, but he's a phony. He said he was an expert liar when he was Catholic but when he met with an SBC pastor he was shown the light and left his lies and immorality behind. Based on his behaviour here and his stated denial of the Divinity of Christ I can only assume he's an even better liar and is morally bankrupt.
You are a coward....you will not respond "yes" or "no" to my question: Does the following verses teach that Christ is God??????

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).

For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#460047 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Well lol on New,Yorkers..I WAS born a yank buy have been in Fla,for decades

And not commenting on Ox .as He confuses me with his posts.

Just saying my SBC church ..full of Christian people who
.walk the walk..
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460048 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you(or anyone) can change a post. see?
I can see Topix deleting a,post ..But NOT changing it ..why would{n't} they bother I added two letters on your original post
Preston:

Yes. That was what was done to me a few years ago. But it was to deceive. It is a good lesson to know one can be have their post rewritten.

It is also frustrating in a way, to know one's posts can be "rewritten".

But in a way, it makes a person, police their own posts.

Location hidden

#460049 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I will approach your question at your intelligence level..

A. Rosesz post some info.
B. Rosesz gets Topix to delete it.
C. Rosesz re-posts info that is completely opposite of her original post...

Any questions???

BTW...am not accusing you of same...this is only hypothetical...

Location hidden

#460050 Jul 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz:
It is possible, and we assume that they would not.
It is more probable posts are rewritten by people to deceive. It is a rather easy thing to do. It has happened to me. I confronted the individual, and they disappeared from Topix.
That is why you should be careful in what you write, so that it makes sense to you. If you notice a rewritten post, that doesn't make sense, you can go back and find the original. Also you can complain to Topix, and they can/might do something about it.
I am reminded of Kruschev in the USSR, "releasing" documents about Pius XII, after his death, in order to undermine his work. The documents were later found to be lies, but the effect of this set of lies deceived many, and still do so today.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#460051 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying you opened that door....
You said page 22150 has post 458779. Post 458779 is not on page 22150. It is on page 22153.
Conclusion...the original post you refer to as being on 22150 was cancelled, and re-posted to reflect the info in 458779 on page 22153..
My computer shows post #458779 on page #22150. I'm sure it's the same for everyone else here.

I used the phrase "Never said that" on only one post and it was in response to your question "And you said you knew of no Catholics whom drinks the blood of Christ......why is that????"

You changed it when you pasted the post in order to avoid looking like the idiot we all know you are. You've been caught. Go find the forum for liars and cheats.

Location hidden

#460052 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>look, the guy is a kook, and should be treated as such by ALL of us.
Because you cannot deny the truth in Scripture, that makes me a kook????

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>it is not a belief that you are searching for.
in this verse, we find that the Author is given [CONFIRMATION] THAT JESUS IS THE MESSIAH[CHRIST].
the Author is not saying that Jesus is NOT God. stupid.
----------

Christos, anointed, i.e. the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus:--Christ.

Christ, being the Messiah, does not change the message in that verse...that Christ is not God...but is the Son of God...

As noted: But these are written, that ye might believe that the Messiah, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min here 64,069
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Student 45,239
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min pusherman_ 973,811
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min DebraE 106,509
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr And as for you 3,811
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,870
What is your most embarrassing photo? 1 hr Aliciasilver 5
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 9 hr Clive 80
More from around the web