Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 642098 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#460011 Jul 8, 2013
EACH IN HIS OWN TONGUE
by: William Herbert Carruth (1859-1924)
FIRE-MIST and a planet,--
A crystal and a cell,--
A jelly-fish and a saurian,
And caves where the cave-men dwell;
Then a sense of law and beauty,
And a face turned from the clod,--
Some call it Evolution,
And others call it God.

A haze on the far horizon,
The infinite, tender sky,
The ripe, rich tint of the cornfields,
And the wild geese sailing high,--
And all over the upland and lowland
The charm of the goldenrod,--
Some of us call it Autumn,
And others call it God.

Like tides on a crescent sea-beach,
When the moon is new and thin,
Into our hearts high yearnings
Come welling and surging in,--
Come from the mystic ocean
Whose rim no foot has trod,--
Some of us call it longing,
And others call it God.

A picket frozen on duty,--
A mother starved for her brood,--
Socrates drinking the hemlock,
And Jesus on the rood;
And millions who, humble and nameless,
The straight, hard pathways plod,--
Some call it Consecration,
And others call it God.

"Each in His Own Tongue" is reprinted from The Little Book of American Poets. Ed. Jessie B. Rittenhouse. Cambridge: The Riverside Press, 1915.

Prince George, Canada

#460012 Jul 8, 2013
Men fear Death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased with tales, so is the other.

Francis Bacon, Essays

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#460013 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Here's the post;
Anthony MN
Minneapolis, MN
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Wednesday Jul 3 Judged:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And you said you knew of no Catholics whom drinks the blood of Christ......why is that????
Never said that.
Same book...same page....

Wrong.

Here's the post;

Anthony MN
Minneapolis, MN
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Wednesday Jul 3 Judged:

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you denying that you said: I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ.

Never said that.

Since: Apr 13

Oakdale, PA

#460014 Jul 8, 2013
Everyone has an opinion. But what is truth on this subject? Truth is that no one is perfect, we all fall short and need Christ in our lives. No matter if you're catholic, prostestant, jew, hindu, muslim, or pagan.

Prince George, Canada

#460015 Jul 8, 2013
From my perception there is nothing to fear from a supposed creator ... but there is plenty to fear from people who believe in the existence of a creator that in turn teach such stupid theology.

Religion has driven more than a few people to insanity.

Imagine jumping off cliffs trying to escape your own "evil" body, or torturing and killing others because you believe they are offending a god!

Religion is NOT good.

Prince George, Canada

#460016 Jul 8, 2013
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

Moreover, madness was an excuse and a way of fleeing the wracking problem of sin that so affected Luther’s generation. Pursued by poverty, death, and the incubus of sin and hell, humanity set sail on the ship of fools.
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#460017 Jul 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to try to convince you of ANYTHING Seraphima!!! The proof has existed for over 2000 years of TRUE (documented) Church History and it is All the proof, we as Catholics need--including the 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world. The "Catholic Church" has been "authenticated, proven, and verified" over and over and over again--throughout TRUE Church History that it is One True Apostolic Catholic Church established by Jesus Himself!!! You can believe (all of your) "legendary, fictitious and (made-up) Orthodox Church History, that you want, however, it won't change the TRUTH of the chronological and historical narrative accounts that the majority of Apologist historian authors and writers have recorded throughout history of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.
Same old unproven tune. Might makes right? That's not the way the Kingdom of God works, Howie.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#460018 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Here's the post;
Anthony MN
Minneapolis, MN
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Wednesday Jul 3 Judged:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
And you said you knew of no Catholics whom drinks the blood of Christ......why is that????
Never said that.
No you didn't. I wonder if when people talk to Ox if he put his finger in his ear it wouldnt go out the other side and maybe latch onto a surviving brain cell with deformities and come out with something that resembles any sense. To sum it up you are right to infinity. Oxes argument would be I am right to infinity x infinity gradeschool style. Not even infinity x infinity squared plus one could argue with that man's inescapable conclusions in a land far far away where reality becomes whatever you wish and logic and sense are non existent.
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#460019 Jul 8, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
What does "Orthodox" mean?
(Heads spin)
It must be tough trying to convince even oneself that one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet is somehow appointed and guided by Jesus.
Hats off to the new Pope for attempting to reign in the excess and corruption.
Mere window dressing to suck in the unsuspecting, lost souls of the Earth.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#460020 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an example of how Christians "love" each other....
I am not a Christian.

I do, however, know how to insult people in terms that they will understand.

Prince George, Canada

#460021 Jul 8, 2013
While Catholics feigned to worship an invisible Jew ... their hatred of real Jews was based on the real truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Consultation Room—Frederic Loomis M.D. 1939

For the first time I realized what it must mean to be a Jew in an anti-Semitic country. He told us of the underground tunnels and caves into which whole families retreated during the Christian holidays, where they literally cowered in terror while they heard the processions glorifying Christ. In vivid words he made us see the priest of the Holy church, as he had seen him in living fact, with the cross in one hand and a sword in the other.
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#460022 Jul 8, 2013
Here's a snapshot of the coming apostate religion that will bring forth a global dictator:
www.scribd.com/doc/152453059 ...
Truthsayer777

Location hidden

#460023 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
How about this ... an honest theologian!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
The tendency to claim God as an ally for our partisan value and ends is the source of all religious fanaticism.
Reinhold Niebuhr ... theologian
So, what is the right answer and who has it?
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460024 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying anyway..I hate when posting goes from healthy debate to name calling ..
RoSesz:

I think it is a balance of the will, the intellect, and passions. And for some who think they have their passions under control, is revealed when the ad hominem attacks come out.

It becomes rather obvious to all reading the posts, and at times tedious to get past them.

So, I just keep my focus on Jesus. Its the best Way....

Location hidden

#460025 Jul 8, 2013
Aunt....where art thou????

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word was God.... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

You are a coward....you are terrified of the simple truth!!!!

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you deny that these verses teach that Christ is the Son of God???

As Scripture teaches:
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days

God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).
For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#460026 Jul 8, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe with humility that you deserve to go to hell ... RIGHT Robert F???
Who do you believe you are fooling with your ACT?
June:

Yes.

Complex question: I am not fooling anyone. Its not an ACT.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#460027 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Same book...same page....
Wrong.
Here's the post;
Anthony MN
Minneapolis, MN
Reply »
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Wednesday Jul 3 Judged:
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you denying that you said: I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ.
Never said that.
Post #458779 is there. It doesn't lie. It can't be changed. You can change it on your comment screen, but it's still there on page #22150.

Not only are you an expert liar but you're a cheat as well.

Prince George, Canada

#460028 Jul 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a Christian.
I do, however, know how to insult people in terms that they will understand.
To which religion do you belong?

Location hidden

#460029 Jul 8, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Post #458779 is there. It doesn't lie. It can't be changed. You can change it on your comment screen, but it's still there on page #22150.
Not only are you an expert liar but you're a cheat as well.
A post can be deleted and re-posted to say something entirely different that the original...

How to Delete Posts on a Topix Website
by Shawn Farner, Demand Media

Topix is a website comprised of thousands of message boards, each focusing on a specific region. Users can post messages on their local Topix boards to share news and gossip but cannot delete posts. Deletions can only be done by Topix staff. If you'd like to have a post removed because you believe it's inaccurate, or if you feel the content is slanderous, you can request this action by following a few steps.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#460030 Jul 8, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't. I wonder if when people talk to Ox if he put his finger in his ear it wouldnt go out the other side and maybe latch onto a surviving brain cell with deformities and come out with something that resembles any sense. To sum it up you are right to infinity. Oxes argument would be I am right to infinity x infinity gradeschool style. Not even infinity x infinity squared plus one could argue with that man's inescapable conclusions in a land far far away where reality becomes whatever you wish and logic and sense are non existent.
He's a prime example of the crowd that makes up the average Southern baptist. I'm still convinced he's a 60 year old mouth-breathing nose-picker sitting in mom's basement giggling at his brilliance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Ooogah Boogah 38,935
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min trifecta1 970,173
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Malone 618,452
Play "end of the word" part 2 31 min ImFree2Choose 1,748
Poll Should Brother + Sister marriages be legalized ? (Dec '07) 37 min mahmud 811
Christian Lies Exposed (Sep '07) 51 min Johnny Manziel 45,872
Gay sex in raigarh (Jun '15) 1 hr nitish rathor 712
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 104,781
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web