Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665064 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Bassendean, Australia

#459937 Jul 8, 2013
god don't liked righteosness and good people..
its written
they will be accuse abuse asult spit push over put in prison and killed..not save

its written evil is evil they liked be bigger then real Creator..
byyyyyyyyy

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#459938 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do explain how "supernatural" DNA could interact with "natural" DNA and survive the biological interface without "spontaneous abortion".
Be "specific" the biologists and doctors of the world would be quite interested in your "proof".
:)

I suggest that a god's DNA would be invisible as is the imaginary god.

Prince George, Canada

#459939 Jul 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again--I ask you!! "Why are you wasting your time",(on this forum)--
If I was a devout Catholic would you then believe I was wasting my time by posting on this forum?

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459940 Jul 8, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn, BM, you never change. Read the document again and stop lying. And stop calling me and everyone else who exposes you a liar. That's a bad habit you people have. Always name-calling. Be grateful I've condescended to answer you as everyone else has chosen to ignore you. Again.
Truth #1: No one denied the churches of anyone.
Truth #2: Bishop Carroll did not believe that Christ taught more than one set of truths. i.e., He did not believe that it was all good just because people were "nice" to him. Fawn, flutter, flutter. Your implying that he did is the big lie here.
You're just as boring in "San Francisco" as you were in Florida. Get lost.
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Satanic name-calling is typical. If you cannot refute, attack the messenger.
One at a time. John Carroll's stance regarding Vatican rule is easily researched, but you first lie is refuted by nothing less than the article of this thread.
Angry Catholic proclaims...
"Truth #1: No one denied the churches of anyone."
Now read the article of this thread....
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2007/07/10...
Quoting word for word...
"The document adds that Protestant denominations — called Christian Communities born out of the Reformation — are not true churches, but ecclesial communities.
"These ecclesial communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood … cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called 'churches' in the proper sense,"
More links...
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questio...
"Catholics hold that Protestants who have these dispositions, and who have no suspicion of their religion being FALSE, and no means to discover, or fail in their honest endeavors to discover,...."
Question for Regina... what do words such as "false" and phrases such as "not true" mean? LOL
Either #1... Regina lies, or #2... Catholic sources such as www.ewtn.com and the Vatican lie?
Aren't facts supported by credible links wonderful!!!!
Nice try, but those are the facts. Now in true Romanist fashion, it's time to belittle and demean the messenger again.
Go for it. It's amusing to read such angry words from such a dark mind. It just makes me appreciates the light of truth even more.
Want to discuss John Carroll next? He wouldn't fit your definition of "Roman Catholic" for sure. He loved America too much.
Very well said and thank you. OldJG.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#459941 Jul 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to try to convince you of ANYTHING Seraphima!!! The proof has existed for over 2000 years of TRUE (documented) Church History and it is All the proof, we as Catholics need--including the 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world. The "Catholic Church" has been "authenticated, proven, and verified" over and over and over again--throughout TRUE Church History that it is One True Apostolic Catholic Church established by Jesus Himself!!! You can believe (all of your) "legendary, fictitious and (made-up) Orthodox Church History, that you want, however, it won't change the TRUTH of the chronological and historical narrative accounts that the majority of Apologist historian authors and writers have recorded throughout history of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.
What does "Orthodox" mean?

(Heads spin)

It must be tough trying to convince even oneself that one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet is somehow appointed and guided by Jesus.

Hats off to the new Pope for attempting to reign in the excess and corruption.

Prince George, Canada

#459942 Jul 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that Atheists, agnostics and bible only Protestants, cannot exist on their own beliefs (or unbeliefs) and their own "opinionated doctrines" without attacking our Catholic Faith and the Catholic Church!!!
When you brag that Catholics are the only creatures in the universe worth saving ... that calls for opposition of opinions, and so ... we are here to "service" your arrogance and for your own good try to deflate it.

Prince George, Canada

#459943 Jul 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know what you believe is true? Just because one believes something to be true does not mean that it is true.
I agree. How do any of us know that what we believe is based on truth ... or even if absolute truth exists?

If we would all admit that we don't know, the right-fighting would cease immediately.

It seems that human nature is such that humans prefer right-fighting. I suggest it's based on arrogance and nothing but arrogance.

"God loves me ... NOT you!!!"

Silly stuff in thought and deed.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#459944 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said believe as you wish.. I just did not want to see another 48 hours wasted on arguing a MYSTERY of faith .We will find out in heaven
You believe your way I'll believe mine
If you choose to keep arguing it go ahead.
That's what I meant by NOT AGAIN .
Somethings like the actual how are mysteries.
I will take my clues on this from scripture..
And for the record ..That ..not arguing is what I discerned when I prayed .2weeks ago ....to not argue this with you ..it was getting to heated. So I said God bless you brother and moved on
So I'm not .going to keep at it now ..
You may do as you choose.:)
Rosesz:

I am so glad you have learned such a valuable lesson.

I take it as quite a compliment from Preston, when he ignores my concern for his Christology.

You are doing something right, when humbly applying yourself to God.

Prince George, Canada

#459945 Jul 8, 2013
OldJG wrote:
That's a bad habit you people have. Always name-calling.
But we learned it from preachers of religion who taught that we are heretics, evil demons and fodder for hell.

We had to learn to fight back with words that counter-act such vile insults.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#459946 Jul 8, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not post it...you did:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that.
You can find the number you seek...between: page 21875 and the current page number....
Your original question:

Did not Christ say "eat my body AND drink my blood????
When I were a Catholic...the congregation only got the "body"...why were they not also given the "blood"????

I replied:

"I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ. "

You replied:

"And you said you knew of no Catholics whom drinks the blood of Christ......why is that????"

I replied:

"Never said that."

Sounds to me like you have comprehension issues.
Human Being

Kinder, LA

#459947 Jul 8, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since I am several times smarter than you are.
I believe that He is God and was God in His[ Surrogate] mothers womb. it became Biological after a few days.
wanna argue with me, Bring your Masters Degree in Biology with you.lol
Preston:

Proverbs 26:12

"Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him."

I am so glad to be a fool. You can be wise with your biology.

Prince George, Canada

#459948 Jul 8, 2013
I was pondering this morning on why when I was under the spell of religion, I felt no need to preach my religion at others. I believed that "god" loved everyone, so there was no need for me to preach that a devil and hell existed and that I must warn others of the tragedy that they would encounter if they didn't believe as I believed.

It's that teaching of negativity in religion that causes all the trouble and right-fighting among believers. And what's more ... they (YOU) seem to LOVE it.

Without the negativity of the devil, evil and hell that stems from your religions ... you wouldn't have anything over which to right-fight.

You cling to the negative dogmas because you don't WANT peace on earth, as you would rather right-fight ... and from my perception, that is the truth.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#459949 Jul 8, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to try to convince you of ANYTHING Seraphima!!! The proof has existed for over 2000 years of TRUE (documented) Church History and it is All the proof, we as Catholics need--including the 1.168 Billion Catholics around the world. The "Catholic Church" has been "authenticated, proven, and verified" over and over and over again--throughout TRUE Church History that it is One True Apostolic Catholic Church established by Jesus Himself!!! You can believe (all of your) "legendary, fictitious and (made-up) Orthodox Church History, that you want, however, it won't change the TRUTH of the chronological and historical narrative accounts that the majority of Apologist historian authors and writers have recorded throughout history of Jesus Christ and His One True Catholic Church.
The Apostles and other Jewish believers. We're more closely related to
Messianic Judaism. NOT CATHOLIC.
They were trying to get p people to follow the WAY ..the followed Jewish dietars laws ..the Sabbath ..holy days ..preached in synagoaues and were considered a,sect of the JEWS

Not Paul as he taught..ate and lived. Among the Gentiles
Imo

http://www.mjaa.org/site/PageServer...

Now,I wish I Had a temple near me to st least go to a service.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#459950 Jul 8, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>...given the FACT thAt Christ was NOT a Jew....
Why do you tell such lies about our beloved Jesus ?

You surely are a demon straight from hell.

Prince George, Canada

#459951 Jul 8, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<
You are doing something right, when humbly applying yourself to God.
There is no such issue as being humble and at the same time believing others deserve hell while you deserve heaven.

That attitude is based on total and supreme arrogance.

Mother Teresa suffered from such an arrogant blight ... hoping that if she became a saint she would come back to earth and strive to save lost sinners from having to go to hell by teaching them Catholicism ... the one true faith.

Ridiculous teachings.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#459952 Jul 8, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure he did...just before he went through the space-time continuum gate that he had the 3 fellas set up for him.
If he was a "servant", it surely wasn't of "your" deity.
BTW- what plane of existence did he go to? We might as well ALL play the game of hypothetical non reality here.
I think Tony drops acid before posting.

Prince George, Canada

#459953 Jul 8, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The Apostles and other Jewish believers. We're more closely related to
Messianic Judaism. NOT CATHOLIC.
They were trying to get p people to follow the WAY ..the followed Jewish dietars laws ..the Sabbath ..holy days ..preached in synagoaues and were considered a,sect of the JEWS
Not Paul as he taught..ate and lived. Among the Gentiles
Imo
http://www.mjaa.org/site/PageServer...
Now,I wish I Had a temple near me to st least go to a service.
The Jews were just as obnoxious with their beliefs of "righteousness" as were the Catholics, and they still are the same.

They are split into many factions and choose to right-fight over whose flavor of Judaism is the right one.

Give people a religion about which to brag, and trouble is sure to follow.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#459954 Jul 8, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Satanic name-calling is typical. If you cannot refute, attack the messenger.
One at a time. John Carroll's stance regarding Vatican rule is easily researched, but you first lie is refuted by nothing less than the article of this thread.
Angry Catholic proclaims...
"Truth #1: No one denied the churches of anyone."
Now read the article of this thread....
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2007/07/10...
Quoting word for word...
"The document adds that Protestant denominations — called Christian Communities born out of the Reformation — are not true churches, but ecclesial communities.
"These ecclesial communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood … cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called 'churches' in the proper sense,"
More links...
http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questio...
"Catholics hold that Protestants who have these dispositions, and who have no suspicion of their religion being FALSE, and no means to discover, or fail in their honest endeavors to discover,...."
Question for Regina... what do words such as "false" and phrases such as "not true" mean? LOL
Either #1... Regina lies, or #2... Catholic sources such as www.ewtn.com and the Vatican lie?
Aren't facts supported by credible links wonderful!!!!
Nice try, but those are the facts. Now in true Romanist fashion, it's time to belittle and demean the messenger again.
Go for it. It's amusing to read such angry words from such a dark mind. It just makes me appreciates the light of truth even more.
Want to discuss John Carroll next? He wouldn't fit your definition of "Roman Catholic" for sure. He loved America too much.
Free Mind/BM lies.

If you want to place your trust in what an online reporter for the CBC says, well, that says more about you than I'm sure you care for anyone to know. I'll stick with the truth, thanks. This is correctly what this thread is based on:
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregatio...

If you don't like it....oh, well.

Now take your belittling, demeaning, name calling, and lying elsewhere. It's just as childish now as it was when you called yourself BM/Free Mind/Black Thunder Bird/RAD/and half a dozen other sock puppets. Gene had it right....rotflmao! Maybe one of the fundies will stroke your feathers for a while!! No wonder all the men dismiss you, lol.....

Prince George, Canada

#459955 Jul 8, 2013
Approximately 38,000 split denominations of Christianity ... all bragging about owning truth, and yet the devout ones keep on right-fighting.

What a shame.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

“So many Gods, so many creeds,
So many paths that wind and wind.
When just the art of being kind
Is all this old world needs.”

Victor Segno

Prince George, Canada

#459956 Jul 8, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you tell such lies about our beloved Jesus ?
You surely are a demon straight from hell.
Here is an example of how Christians "love" each other.

There is that negativity again ... accusing others of being a demon straight from hell.

That attitude is what caused people to be burned at the stake, and the attitude is still alive and very unwell.

If you believed that the supposed god's love was unconditional for everyone ... you wouldn't be able to right-fight over religion ... would you???

You enjoy pointing your fingers at others as low-lifes, as you believe you already ride high in the sky, assured of the god's love for you.

Religion is BUNK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Jedi Mind Master 977,156
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Rider on the Storm 87,809
The Future of Politics in America 8 min It aint necessari... 117
Need Gay under 16 Facetime numbers ;) (Feb '14) 19 min Dan sky 12
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 25 min Truthiness 405
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 35 min gundee123 1,206
Bruce Lee practising Wing Chun in San Francisco 41 min andrewsmith85 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 46 min Rider on the Storm 184,647
More from around the web