Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
443,501 - 443,520 of 536,914 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who didn't see them as authentic? Caiaphas?
The official Jewish canon came after the crucifixion. Luthers and your KJV Bibles were decided by the very same men who killed Our Lord.
Read the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Qumran Jews had Tobit and Sirach in their collection, just like the Catholic and Orthodox Churches do.
You guys on not have enough Bible to even be Sola Scripture.
The early Christian church debated the status of the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals, but few early Christians believed they belonged in the canon of Scripture. The New Testament quotes from the Old Testament hundreds of times, but nowhere quotes or alludes to any of the Apocryphal / Deuterocanonical books. Further, there are many proven errors and contradictions in the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals. Here are a few websites that demonstrate these errors:
http://www.justforcatholics.org/a109.htm
http://www.biblequery.org/Bible/BibleCanon/Wh...
http://www.johnankerberg.org/ankerberg-articl...

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/apocrypha-deutero...
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not see them as authentic..I have not read them.But J may..
However I know what I need to about Jesus ..He saved me by His sacrifice .
God gave His Only begotten Son so I may live ...
That is not entirely true. The Jews had no set Canon nor a notion of one. Christians were quoting from those books to bolster support that Jesus is the Christ. Furthermore many references to those books can be seen in the writings in the NT. The Septuigant had those books included and it was what the Apostles used. The Ethiopian Jews still accept those books today. It was at the council of Jamnia in AD 90 that certain Jews decided what would be included. Before that time they were accepted as scripture. Furthermore Christ celebrated Hunukah found in Maccabees and its still celbrated today. It is not accurate to say Jews as in All do not accept them. Finally as Regina said they did also reject Jesus. Today some Protestants are rejecting Paul as scripture. Protestants often condemn each other to hell each of you proclaiming your own personal gospel. Luthers new Doctrine was never taught before him. His bible was missing books which protestants now accept for 200 years. He rejected James calling it an epistle of straw. He rejected revelation, he rejected Jude. I really dont see how any Protestant can randomly decide which books should be included or not since your authority is your personal interpretation of scripture alone and the bible never had an index of which books are scripture and that it it alone and the personal interpretation of each individual is the truth. The Church is the ground and pillar of the truth. The Apostles taught and appointed others. Paul tells Timothy not to lay hands on or ordain just anyone to quickly. One Protestants in here said that meant to beat them up. WOW! No Paul says to remember what you have learned and from whom you have learned it. Scripture says to obey those who are over and do not give them grief. Protestants disregard this. The Apostles put people out. You say all believers are the church. False teachers and apostles cannot exist in your fancy free world where each individual picks their truth and proclaims their authority to do so often passing out judgment cards to others proclaiming your truth is higher.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible wasn't kept from anyone. People were free to enter the Church for Mass and hear the Gospel.
What would Jesus Christ say to all the Christianities out there today?
Its amazing. Our Lord was crucified; His Apostles killed as well, to bring the faith to the world, only to have some idiots with their highlighted Bibles undoing what they died for!
The Bible is a Catholic Book. The Protesters want to claim it as their own, but it ain't.
Right now, someone is doing a Bible study in the basement of Maplewood Community Center,(MN) trying to figure out the latest revelation of the faith to them via the Holy Spirit. They come to a different Christianity than OldJG. Even though OldG did the same thing (via the Holy Spirit). That's madness. That perverts the sacred scriptures.
Which were perverted from the onset...by omission and redaction, and very likely in the very original writings, because they were nothing more than the "perceptions" of imperfect human minds to begin with.
Any omnipotent deity would(should) have realized that, and given an indestructible and completely understandable record of it's intentions in the first place.
Your argument(accusation) is self convicting.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

The Apocrypha / Deuterocanonical books teach many things that are not true and are not historically accurate. While many Catholics accepted the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals previously, the Roman Catholic Church officially added the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals to their Bible at the Council of Trent in the mid 1500’s A.D., primarily in response to the Protestant Reformation. The Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals support some of the things that the Roman Catholic Church believes and practices which are not in agreement with the Bible. Examples are praying for the dead, petitioning “saints” in Heaven for their prayers, worshipping angels, and “alms giving” atoning for sins. Some of what the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals say is true and correct. However, due to the historical and theological errors, the books must be viewed as fallible historical and religious documents, not as the inspired, authoritative Word of God.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who didn't see them as authentic?
If you thought that Jesus refused to give you salvation, would you still worship that Jew?

If your answer is "NO" ... then your "faith" is based on fraud.

It's not about the Jew
It's only about what you are certain
The Jew will do for YOU

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Many people are under the impression that the Salem witch-trials were motivated and committed by Catholics ... but I believe that was not the case.
Catholics were not welcome in America at the time of the Salem witch-trials, so it was the Protestants that committed those crimes against each other.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
The Salem witch trials were a series of hearings and prosecutions of people accused of witchcraft in colonial Massachusetts, between February 1692 and May 1693
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_tria...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Considering that the population in the first federal census of 1790 totaled 3,939,000, the Catholic presence was less than one percent, certainly not a significant force in the original 13 British colonies.
http://www.traditioninaction.org/History/B_00...
The point is that it is all the result of the belief in absurdity of the abrahamic cults, culminating in atrocity perpetrated by it's adherents.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The official Jewish canon came after the crucifixion. Luthers and your KJV Bibles were decided by the very same men who killed Our Lord.
Read the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Qumran Jews had Tobit and Sirach in their collection, just like the Catholic and Orthodox Churches do.
Hey Clay ..I honestly don't care about extra,books .

And no Caiphas was not even supposed to be High Priest .And no real JEW would take his word on anything ..He was a tool of Herod ..Nit even of AARON ..I THINK

He was not a,scholar ..And the BIBLE I use has the OT AND NT..same as yours. Besides those books ..was my point .

And Caiaphas had NITHING to do with MOSES.....OR ABRAHAM. OR MY NEW TESTAMENT .

it disseminate JESUS any less my Saviour in whom I believe than your book does.

I coukd read only JOHNS gospel and still be a Christian.

Chinese and others who are persecuted protect and live the pieces of bibles they can get...much as the early Christians loved and protected their letters from the Apostles and Paul etc

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
091 096
Clay said:

I'm a Roman Catholic and I profess Jesus Christ to be my savior and to which no other name can one be saved.
--------

Please share your testimony with us... Tell us how and when Christ became your savior (small "s")..

Tell us about being baptized after you were saved...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not see them as authentic..I have not read them.But J may..
However I know what I need to about Jesus ..He saved me by His sacrifice .
God gave His Only begotten Son so I may live ...

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine anyone over forty would then and now have trouble reading..I doubt eyesight was his thorn..But might be h a rider to read the scrolls ..And write letters..??? But that wouldn't have affected the young Paul

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
By we ..do you mean you and the 143'999 others who think Cain was the child of the serpent ..th a t we.
Umm no thanks on your conjecture on Paul.

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it ..now you are just looking to argue. And about what or what point you are trying to make. Not a clue..

==========

I read it..quoting your words and asking you to show support for same is not arguing....

You said:"The serpent was at the tree with her ..He has been depicted on the tree."....Ah said: answer the question....where are you reading this????

You said: "The rest is in the fall in Genesis clearly stated"...Ah said: answer the question...where are you reading this????

You said:Gen 2:16. God speaks to Adam.
Ah said: So?????

You said: Gen 3. Eve tells the serpent what she has been told
Do not eat. Do not touch

I said: Ge 3 has 24 verses....where in Ge 3 are you reading this????

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

A genuine gift would be to give the highest honors to a Jew without any expectations of receiving anything in return.

But we all KNOW that Christians lust for salvation FROM Jesus in return for the worship.

Now ... if that Jew exists (within the theology ... tongue in cheek) he knows you are playing him for a fool!

If the shoe were on the other foot ... YOU would KNOW that those who want something from you are only giving you adoration for what they can take FROM you.

It's called "scamming" ... NOT worship!

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that it is all the result of the belief in absurdity of the abrahamic cults, culminating in atrocity perpetrated by it's adherents.
Of course! And they also believe they can charm an imaginary Jew with their cunning charms of "worship."

Maybe the serpent (that they vilified by their own wills) will (in the end) use his forked tongue to turn on THEM.

:)

However ... I believe all religion is a scam.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
080<quoted text>
Hello Pad!!!! Speak to me!!!!
I am waiting for your reply....
The Holy Trinity before Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit...
The Holy Trinity while Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the incarnate Son, the Holy Spirit..
The Holy Trinity after Christ ascended into Heaven: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.
Show me the Holy Trinity....at any time that shows Jesus Christ as being God....
ONLY ONE THING IS CERTAIN AND THAT IS THIS.

The Trinity is not the Father, Mary and Jesus.

IT IS A SHAME THAT AS OLD AS YOU ARE, THAT YOU HAVE NEVER LEARNED NOT TO ARGUE.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

marge wrote:
My husband of 31 years today, all thanks be to God!
he told me i was not right with God and i finally had ears to hear, again all glory to God!
I didn't EVEN KNOW you, and I knew that as soon as you came on here,

Now go find you a good Bible Believing Church and get Saved, because you are just like Clay,

You Profess but don't Possess!

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

"WHAT ... are you telling me that a savior is coming to earth to save those who believe in him."

"YES ... it's absolutely true. You just have to believe in his name and he will take all your sins away and you will be ready to receive your reward of eternal bliss in a hereafter."

"Who IS this savior anyway."

"He's a Jew."

"I hate Jews ... but oh well ... this one time I can overlook my hatred of Jews and pretend I love this particular one."

"Good idea ... I'm with you on that PAGE!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard of it, it's just not in the bible.
"None are born sinless"
What happens to infants, children and the mentally handicapped when they die without being born again.
they are in Heaven,

and you will never meet them and unlike you, they will be laughing and Loving their God. the handicaps they have down here will be taken away with their NEW Glorified Body.

any Reasonable thinking person that Loves God knows that.

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

The irony IS, that while the Catholics were pretending to love, idolize and worship a Jew, they were busy torturing and killing Jews century after century as Christ-killers.

What a scam.

The idea that faithful Jews would kill the most faithful Jew of all Jews is absolutely ludicrous.

The Catholics were the traitors to Judaism, and there was NO Jesus TO die on a cross!

From all I have studied that is my perception.

And consider that even if a few Jews HAD killed a man named Jesus ... the very idea that all Jews thereafter should be tarnished with the same brush is absolutely insane, as they wouldn't even have been at the scene of the crime.

Religion is nothing but rubbish.

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>they are in Heaven,
Faithful Jews don't believe they go to heaven. So even if Jesus lived, he would not be waiting at any pearly Christian gates for you or anyone else.

Silly people!

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The early Christian church debated the status of the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals, but few early Christians believed they belonged in the canon of Scripture. The New Testament quotes from the Old Testament hundreds of times, but nowhere quotes or alludes to any of the Apocryphal / Deuterocanonical books. Further, there are many proven errors and contradictions in the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals. Here are a few websites that demonstrate these errors:
http://www.justforcatholics.org/a109.htm
http://www.biblequery.org/Bible/BibleCanon/Wh...
http://www.johnankerberg.org/ankerberg-articl...
Hey Marge did you get my post about using Firefox instead of IE.

THE newer IE versions sometimes mess up computers a bit older .
I set my updates to ask me ..I have Windows seven and don t get the new IE ...But then I always usr MOZILLA FIREFOX.

IT updates just fine. And is much better

Like I have an older 3 model of IPhone ..Eli not get the new Ios 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! And they also believe they can charm an imaginary Jew with their cunning charms of "worship."
Maybe the serpent (that they vilified by their own wills) will (in the end) use his forked tongue to turn on THEM.
However ... I believe all religion is a scam.
For all intent, all organized religions are a product of one agenda or another.

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Creating a mythical Jew as a savior that supposedly was put to death on a cross by other Jews, gave the Catholics the excuse they needed to century after century torture and kill REAL Jews.

What a shame!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••