Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,175)

Showing posts 443,481 - 443,500 of512,296
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
socci

Lawson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Michael wrote:
Wasn't too long ago people were set on fire just because they disagreed with someoneelses take on God.
Today we still kill people in the name of God, but mostly sling mud at each other instead, ALL because by chance we were born into one particular belief, that teaches we are right and everyone else is not.
Is that the desire of an all loving God?

Some religions are violent, not all. Most wars today are fought for world govt; even the islamic revolutions are ran by the secular muslim brotherhood backed by the west.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Fratricide

Religion and mythology

According to the story of Cain and Abel, fratricide was the first type of murder to be committed. In the mythology of ancient Rome, the city is founded as the result of a fratricide, when the twins Romulus and Remus quarrel over who has the favor of the gods, and Romulus becomes Rome's first king and namesake after killing his brother.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fratricide
socci

Lawson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
All the imaginary gods in which humans believed before Christianity were vilified by the Christians as evil ... while the image of the god that the Christians stole from the Jews was portrayed as the only REAL god in the universe.
How handy and devious was THAT???

All but one: Jehovah. The Messiah was foretold.

Atheism was also rejected.

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to your trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith." 1 Timothy 6:20

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." Colossians 2:8

"But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
and you would be another victim of the state.
Muslims are not free to choose their religion or convert. Most Christians are not born into it. We were educated in secular state schools.
argument fail.
You are a Christian, and you are every bit as indoctrinated to your Christianity as are the Muslims to Islam.

If you had been born a Muslim, you would believe as a Muslim ... so there is no "reasonable" need for you to put on AIRS of superiority.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Children should never be taught that they are born as sinners ... weak and evil.
They should be taught that they are whole and that if they treat others as they want to be treated life will work better for them and for all involved.
Jesus said we must be come like little children to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
That tells me Jesus is saying, Children are innocent.
So whoever tells children their sinners and evil, Is lying to them.
Matthew 18
King James Version (KJV)
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

The "if ONLY it could occur" scenario

Muslim ... "Allah will send you to hell if you don't become a Muslim."

Christian ... "Not if our god beats you to it and sends you to burn in hell first."

Muslim ... "But isn't there only one god?"

Christian ... "That's what I was taught."

Muslim ... "I think we've both been hoodwinked."

Christian ... "I agree."

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

socci wrote:
<quoted text>
All but one: Jehovah. The Messiah was foretold.
When will you let it penetrate your brain that ALL theology was compiled by men of different religious "persuasions?"

They wrote whatever they believed would personally benefit their own egos and stations in life.

There was big money to be made in the varying fields of theology.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Men also wrote the stories of the three little pig and Goldilocks and the three bears and Santa Claus and many other fairy tales.

The only difference is ... those tales didn't promise that devout believers would be saved from hellfire and damnation by a Jew.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for helping the our Sacramental Priesthood in the rape of little boys, and for leaving the USA forever, instead of staying to testify."
Pope Benedict
From your link:(obviously not all Catholics are so disapproving.)
"I think it's EXTREMELY important to know the truth, especially if one is Catholic. What he did (in shifting abusive priests from one parish to another, FULLY knowing they were raping children who were entrusted under the Church's care by believing and trusting parents) is beyond my imagination, and frankly, my forgiveness. I was an active, praying Catholic who adored him before all this - and I feel betrayed. Still."
The quote is referring to Law, not Pope Benedict. This "blogger" wants gay marriage and wymyn priests. What does ole' Jack think of that?

Over 96% of Catholic priests during the period in question were not involved in any sexual abuse. Fundie protestant preachers have much worse record than that.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Men also wrote the stories of the three little pig and Goldilocks and the three bears and Santa Claus and many other fairy tales.
The only difference is ... those tales didn't promise that devout believers would be saved from hellfire and damnation by a Jew.
~~~

NONE OF YOUR FAIRY TALES BRING HOPE TO THE LOST SINNER..

NONE OF THEM INCLUDE GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION.

---

God has given us hope...

But in order to activate the hope that He has given us...

Heb 11:6 But -->without faith it is impossible to please him: for

==>he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. <--

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Jesus said ...

Mat_11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

When ask

Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him(Jesus) What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Note

Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them,

This is the work of God, that ye believe on him (ME) whom he hath sent.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
That tells me Jesus is saying, Children are innocent.
So whoever tells children their sinners and evil, Is lying to them.
Matthew 18
King James Version (KJV)
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
I thought "all have sinned"?

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

The fact that Christian theologians made and make their own rules by using the scriptures that fit their own "desired" formats is common practice among these disagreeing right-fighters.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Beginning of Human Personhood

Some Christian theologians, such as Marsilio Ficino, hold that ensoulment occurs when an infant takes its first breath of air. They cite, among other passages, Genesis 2:7, "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beginning_of_hum...

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
NONE OF YOUR FAIRY TALES BRING HOPE TO THE LOST SINNER..
I don't believe I am a lost sinner. If you believe you qualify ... then stick to it and beg and plead for mercy from an imaginary Jew.

That is your right, but don't try to make me swallow such lies.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 96% of Catholic priests during the period in question were not involved in any sexual abuse. Fundie protestant preachers have much worse record than that.
Are you now in a contest over who raped and molested the most children and which church covered up the most crimes.

Even one cover-up is one too many.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought "all have sinned"?
Apparently (even within the theology) that Jew's death had no meaning.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Ann Coulter has the fully righteous Christian attitude.

As a Christian she is certain that she is a perfected Jew ... and all because she believes in the existence and the saving power OF a Jew.

That theology becomes a bit tricky because it means that Jesus has to first become a Christian before he can become a perfected Jew ... but don't let tricky theology bother you. It never has before, so why start now!

Sarcasm intended.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why don't you stop trying to get others to join your religious cult and stop insisting that others are evil when they won't join your cult?
The bigger question is: If you REALLY believe that what you think is the truth----then "Why don't ALL of you atheists, agnostics, bible only Protestants and other "anti-catholics denominational "fundies" (or whatever you call yourselves) just take your own (opinionated---editorialized) beliefs or disbeliefs and just go "live them" in the confines of your own isolated "closet" instead of "complaining about the Catholic Church). NONE OF YOU--are EVER going to convince ANY of us Catholics to change, reject and "deny our TRUE FAITH and Salvation in Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Catholic, because we know that Jesus Christ initiated, established and formed HIS CHURCH biblically and historically over 2000 years ago!!... "Go argue" among yourselves!! There is "nothing to dicuss, debate or deliberate over!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you now in a contest over who raped and molested the most children and which church covered up the most crimes.
Even one cover-up is one too many.
Thousands of protestant fundie posts ranting and raving about sex abuse by Catholic priests and the minute one mentions they have thier own problems it becomes a contest. Funny there's never a peep from you June when they're screaming. Not really an equal opportunity religion hater are you?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of protestant fundie posts ranting and raving about sex abuse by Catholic priests and the minute one mentions they have thier own problems it becomes a contest. Funny there's never a peep from you June when they're screaming. Not really an equal opportunity religion hater are you?
Where was your voice Anthony everytime a priest was exposed and another bishop caught in lies, deceit and coverup?

Where were your calls of condemnation?.........SILENCE!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting for you to explain Ezekiel 31:9 where it states that trees can envy,LOL.
This entire chapter speaks of Pharaoh king of Egypt not satan. You have a very vivid imagination. Between the "serpent seed" doctrine and the two creations you are lost in the forest of ignorance.

II Timothy 2:14, "Remind them of these things, and charge them before God not to quarrel about words, which does no good, but only ruins the hearers."

This verse was written for you Tony17.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 443,481 - 443,500 of512,296
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

663 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Divinity Surgeon 680,776
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min pusherman_ 596,618
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Dang It 109,755
chat with demi lovato 112 (the real official de... (Jan '09) 9 min Demi Lovato 1,908
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min Liam 38,028
How come the president doesn't use his BIRTH NAME? 16 min who 14
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min ChristINSANITY is EVIL 217,176
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 34 min erectnipples69 276
•••
•••
•••