Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 554,571
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#459651 Jul 7, 2013
Religion taught that humans were evil sinners. And it was those in religion who took it upon their selves to decide WHO was evil. Yet for brutalizing and killing others they didn't perceive that their selves were at all evil.

If you don't see, you don't choose to see ... and the onus is on you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The most infamous trials were conducted by the Court of Oyer and Terminer in 1692 in Salem Town. One contemporary writer summed the results of the trials thus:

"And now Nineteen persons having been hang'd, and one prest to death, and Eight more condemned, in all Twenty and Eight, of which above a third part were Members of some of the Churches of N. England, and more than half of them of a good Conversation in general, and not one clear'd; about Fifty having confest themselves to be Witches, of which not one Executed; above an Hundred and Fifty in Prison, and Two Hundred more acccused; the Special Commision of Oyer and Terminer comes to a period,..."

—Robert Calef[1]

At least five more of the accused died in prison.

Terrace, Canada

#459652 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
LOVE THE FATHER
LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU .
We disobey!!!!
Love the imaginary father by torturing and killing evil sinners.

THAT was their motivation.

Terrace, Canada

#459653 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the Way
God so loved the world .
Surely you jest!

Terrace, Canada

#459654 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take an afternoon off from Topix.
Am I interfering with your sermons?

How tragic for you!

"_

Terrace, Canada

#459655 Jul 7, 2013
The god of the Jews so loved the world he sent his only son to earth to be murdered because the god couldn't figure out any other way to communicate Christian LOVE to his followers.

You are idiots and choose to BE so!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#459656 Jul 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my statement again; "I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ."
Tell me what you think this means.
Anyway you want to slice it....it does not change the facts:

If I have told you once, I have told you a dozen times. The first, most basic rule, in the art of lying, is not to tell a lie that can be easily proven as such...

You first make a statement about the blood of Christ...you then deny having said such...I show you your own words that proves you said what I say you said...and for that I am an idiot!!!!?????

Terrace, Canada

#459657 Jul 7, 2013
But for that ONE word "salvation" there would be no Christians on earth.

And THAT is the truth.

Location hidden

#459658 Jul 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not George Washington.
Then, among other things, you are guilty of adultery....

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#459659 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't say I have compared them in entirety ..But a,few times I liked things up in both .
They were the same ...except of course the apocryphal books.
Which even the Jews did no acknowledge as pure scripture.
But the ones I looked at read the same ...weird huh??
The Jews also do not acknowledge Christ. That's why those books are not in the Jewish canon, they point to Jesus as the Messiah and to Christian practices (e.g., praying for the dead). That's also why protestants use that same OT, although why they would want to disavow Christ as the Messiah is odd. The Church who compiled the canon of Scripture uses the Septuagint.

Terrace, Canada

#459660 Jul 7, 2013
Christian ... "As long as he gives me salvation, I'm able and quite willing to worship a Jew."

"Would you worship a Jew otherwise?"

"HELL NO ... but he's got what I want."

"Isn't that a shallow attitude?"

"Of course ... but I must worship Jesus the Jew, or I can't be saved. It's as simple as THAT!"

Terrace, Canada

#459661 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible wasn't kept from anyone. People were free to enter the Church for Mass and hear the Gospel.
You keep on trying to protect the image of an institution that was based on crime and lies from its beginnings.

You have nothing of which to be proud.

Terrace, Canada

#459662 Jul 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews also do not acknowledge Christ. That's why those books are not in the Jewish canon, they point to Jesus as the Messiah and to Christian practices (e.g., praying for the dead). That's also why protestants use that same OT, although why they would want to disavow Christ as the Messiah is odd. The Church who compiled the canon of Scripture uses the Septuagint.
Jews used many variations of scriptures and to this day fight about who are the real Jews ARE "concerning the correct religion."

All religion is about right-fighting ... who has the best chance of being blessed with eternal bliss in an afterlife ... blah, blah, blah.

Terrace, Canada

#459663 Jul 7, 2013
Who the real Jews ARE

Terrace, Canada

#459664 Jul 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you for one moment thought he wasn't going to give you salvation, would you worship a Jew???

I suggest you be honest with your self ... if not with me.

Location hidden

#459665 Jul 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God wants us to sing the psalms. The psalm addresses the angels. The angels are in heaven. Your dead dog is not in heaven.
You first say: We're addressing the angels.

Now you say: The psalm addresses the angels.

Which shows you trying to extract your foot from your mouth...

I see Psalms speaking of angels.......but none that shows Psalms speaking to angels....where are you reading?????

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#459666 Jul 7, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not see them as authentic..I have not read them.But J may..

However I know what I need to about Jesus ..He saved me by His sacrifice .

God gave His Only begotten Son so I may live ...
Clay

United States

#459667 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They did not see them as authentic..I have not read them.But J may..
However I know what I need to about Jesus ..He saved me by His sacrifice .
God gave His Only begotten Son so I may live ...
Who didn't see them as authentic? Caiaphas?

The official Jewish canon came after the crucifixion. Luthers and your KJV Bibles were decided by the very same men who killed Our Lord.

Read the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Qumran Jews had Tobit and Sirach in their collection, just like the Catholic and Orthodox Churches do.

You guys on not have enough Bible to even be Sola Scripture.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#459668 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible wasn't kept from anyone. People were free to enter the Church for Mass and hear the Gospel.
What would Jesus Christ say to all the Christianities out there today?
Its amazing. Our Lord was crucified; His Apostles killed as well, to bring the faith to the world, only to have some idiots with their highlighted Bibles undoing what they died for!
The Bible is a Catholic Book. The Protesters want to claim it as their own, but it ain't.
Right now, someone is doing a Bible study in the basement of Maplewood Community Center,(MN) trying to figure out the latest revelation of the faith to them via the Holy Spirit. They come to a different Christianity than OldJG. Even though OldG did the same thing (via the Holy Spirit). That's madness. That perverts the sacred scriptures.
The Bible is NOT a catholic book...Your church began in 1054 remember....

Terrace, Canada

#459669 Jul 7, 2013
If we took the word DEITY out of all languages the world over and replaced that word with the word LOVE ... would people still fight over religion?
marge

Ames, IA

#459670 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who didn't see them as authentic? Caiaphas?
The official Jewish canon came after the crucifixion. Luthers and your KJV Bibles were decided by the very same men who killed Our Lord.
Read the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Qumran Jews had Tobit and Sirach in their collection, just like the Catholic and Orthodox Churches do.
You guys on not have enough Bible to even be Sola Scripture.
The early Christian church debated the status of the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals, but few early Christians believed they belonged in the canon of Scripture. The New Testament quotes from the Old Testament hundreds of times, but nowhere quotes or alludes to any of the Apocryphal / Deuterocanonical books. Further, there are many proven errors and contradictions in the Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals. Here are a few websites that demonstrate these errors:
http://www.justforcatholics.org/a109.htm
http://www.biblequery.org/Bible/BibleCanon/Wh...
http://www.johnankerberg.org/ankerberg-articl...

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/apocrypha-deutero...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min onemale 263,360
Last Word + 2 5 min andet1987 942
Last post wins (May '13) 8 min andet1987 522
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 12 min Johnny 887
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 12 min Ed Teach 63
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 15 min andet1987 4,404
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Dave Nelson 763,392
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 55 min Lyndi 175,003
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Innocent Holy dr ... 603,507
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 11 hr prakash singh 134

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE