Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603712 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#459613 Jul 7, 2013
Casting Crowns - If We Are The Body

If We Are The Body by Casting Crowns with lyrics. Please visit www.CastingCrowns.com or www.youtube.com/user/CastingCrowns for their youtube channel.*I am n...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#459614 Jul 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
You can't use "all have sinned" as ammunition to insist Mary was a sinner then cite infants, children and mentally handicapped as an exception.
Knowledge of accountability...ever hear of it? None are born sinless, else there would have been no need for a Savior.
Infants, and children are not sinless by nature; they just don't become accountable until they understand right and wrong.
I'm sure that Mary was an adult. No one is saying that she was a sinful woman...just that she had the same carnal nature as the rest of us.
KayMarie
I've heard of it, it's just not in the bible.

"None are born sinless"

What happens to infants, children and the mentally handicapped when they die without being born again.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#459615 Jul 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
well said, Praise God for His righteousness and His common sense justice that can never be refuted. The Holy Scriptures agree with your wise sayings kay marie my big big sister.
There's nothing in the bible about "age of accountability" or even "common sense justice". I thought you guys were sola scriptura?
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#459616 Jul 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If I have told you once, I have told you a dozen times. The first, most basic rule, in the art of lying, is not to tell a lie that can be easily proven as such...
You first make a statement about the blood of Christ...you then deny having said such...I show you your own words that proves you said what I say you said...and for that I am an idiot!!!!?????
Read my statement again; "I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ."

Tell me what you think this means.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#459617 Jul 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have lied?????
I'm not George Washington.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#459618 Jul 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is....my addressing my dog will be a fruitful as you addressing the angels....
The Bible teaches we are to pray to God the Father in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ....Not to Christ's mommie....not to the angels of God....not to dead people...
God wants us to sing the psalms. The psalm addresses the angels. The angels are in heaven. Your dead dog is not in heaven.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#459619 Jul 7, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>No one especially Christians expect religious Jews to support christianity.
Those are my exact sentiments.

Had a Jew named Jesus even existed, he would not have supported Christianity. And when he reappeared, he still would have been a Jew ... faithful to Judaism.

You insult the Jews when you claim that one of them left Judaism to follow a new religion.

And yet you demand that you receive "salvation" for your insults.

Fools!

You deserve NOTHING for your stupidity.

Terrace, Canada

#459620 Jul 7, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Since none of us live forever,the world since its beginning holds the memory of each and every generation,and what basically occurred,events and all!
Did you also find that in the bible?

:)

Terrace, Canada

#459621 Jul 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS SAID
THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS LIKE CHILDREN...INNOCENT
What happened to your sermon that humans are all born in sin?

Terrace, Canada

#459622 Jul 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All have sinned...only a Catholic would call God a liar!!!!
When did KayMarie become a Catholic???

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459623 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a link where it says the Roman Catholic Church banned the Bible?
Yes, I believe the Apostles thought Christ was fully present in the bread and wine.
Let me ask you a question, do you believe Christianity really started in the 16th century, after the Bible became published? Because that's what it sure sounds like.
One of many..........
http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/...
Clay

United States

#459624 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
One of many..........
Do you have any links where the Roman Catholic Church BANNED the Bible?

Terrace, Canada

#459625 Jul 7, 2013
Imagine Christian parents holding their new-born baby and thinking that the baby is a sinner.

That is what Christian theologians taught their followers.

The teaching is still alive and unwell ... but most Christian parents ignore that archaic teaching as not being based on truth.

It's just too bad that they don't ignore ALL the archaic Christian teachings as being based on trouble-making words that came from the mouths and pens of ignorant men.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459626 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. The other writings were destroyed or lost! That could be the only answer to justify your theology. Wow, you are completely nuts.
Caly said, quote, "No, the first Christians recognized that the word of God came through an ark. Mary." End quote.
This quote proves you know nothing of Jesus Christ. NOTHING!!! You are having a love affair with mary.
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you telling me with straight face, that the only thing the Apostles wrote, are the 27 Books that became the NT?
How ignorant does one have to be in order to be an evangelical born again?
-Two letters of the Apostle Paul are missing (Corinthians and Laodiceans)
-over half of the Apostles didn't contributed any documents to the Bible. I guess they were illiterate eh. what they preached wasn't as important as Paul?
-None of them wrote anything until 25-50 yrs after Christ died and rose. I wonder what all those Christians did for so long, with no Bible verses!!
What does Old Jeep do with info like this? He simply pretends it ain't true and continues believing his KJV fell out of the sky for him to interpret.
Cly said, quote, "-Two letters of the Apostle Paul are missing (Corinthians and Laodiceans)" End quote.

My response....BOLOGNA

Cly said, quote, "-None of them wrote anything until 25-50 yrs after Christ died and rose. I wonder what all those Christians did for so long, with no Bible verses!!" End quote.

No Bible verses? Was there ever an Old Testament? When Jesus was being tempted by satan in the wilderness what was He referring to when He said "it is written"? Why didn't Jesus say "it is tradition"?

FISHERMEN

Andrew, Peter, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, worked as fisherman. Matthew 4:18-22 relates that Andrew and Peter were fishing, plying their trade when called. James and John were mending nets with their father when Jesus called them. The Bible states that these two men weren't just fishermen, but business owners with their father, for they employed others in the business. Thomas, Nathaniel, Philip and one other may have also worked as fishermen, for they were all together and fishing when Jesus appeared to them in John 21:2-8 following his resurrection.

TAX COLLECTOR

Matthew, called Levi in Luke, worked as a tax collector for the Roman government according to Luke 5:27-29 . He would have acquired some education and reputation to achieve this job. His job provided him with considerable wealth, because tax collectors earned a portion of what they collected, as noted in the story of Zacchaeus, another famous tax collector who followed Jesus (Luke 19:1-9). Matthew invited Jesus home and threw a party that included many of his sinful friends.

A ZEALOT

Simon was known as the Zealot, not strictly a profession. Zealots engaged in politics and anarchy, attempting to overthrow the Roman government. He may have been a politician or a revolutionary. When he joined Jesus, he remained zealous, but with allegiance to Jesus rather than political revolution.

A THIEF

Judas served as the treasurer in Jesus band, and John 12:4-6 identifies him as a thief and an embezzler. The Bible doesn't tell us what he did prior to joining Jesus. Each of the gospels identify him as the one who betrayed Jesus. Matthew's gospel (Matthew 27:3-10) notes that Judas suffered remorse over his betrayal and hung himself after he tried to give the money back to the high priests. They used 30 pieces of silver to buy a burial site for the poor.

THE OTHER APOSTLES

The Bible provides no information on the professions of Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Thaddaeus or James, the son of Alphaeus. It does provide information about Paul, who became an apostle after the death and resurrection of Jesus. He was a Pharisee and may have taught religion or worked in political office. During his missionary journeys, Paul supported himself as a tent maker according to Acts 18:1-3.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459627 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
http://withchrist.org/archives.htm

Terrace, Canada

#459628 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
One of many..........
Of course the hierarchy didn't want the followers to learn to read the bible as they knew that there would be too many different interpretations of the words and that would cause the followers to break away and start other religions.

The hierarchy knew that would occur, because it was exactly what occurred in Judaism when some Jews read the old testament and decided to start a new religion that later became Christianity.

Protestantism did to Catholicism what Catholicism had done to Judaism.

And the Jews did the same before them and on and on back through religious history.

Religious right-fighters keep having babies and the babies grow up to be religious right-fighters that start more and more religious right-fighting cults.
Clay

United States

#459629 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
One of many..........
from your link: Pope Pius VII "It is evident that the Holy Scriptures, when circulated in the vulgar tongue, have through the temerity of men, produced more harm than benefit"

Amen Pope Pius. I'm conversing with one of them right now. If you could only see what sola scripture has done to Christianity.(we're at 45,000 now)

Terrace, Canada

#459630 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
They banned the reading of the bible for their own followers, and they hoped that all people of the words would become followers of their own brand of Catholicism.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book,“The Papal Conspiracy Exposed, and Protestantism Defended,” by Rev. Edward Beecher, published in 1855, comes the following……

In England the penalty for daring to read the Bible in the vernacular tongue was TO BE BURNED ALIVE. The inquisitors and ecclesiastics carried on a persecution against the disciples of Wickliffe, for a century and a half on this ground, and many were burned alive. In 1519 seven persons were burned alive at Coventry, having been convicted of the crime of having the Scriptures in their possession, or portions of same. Such scenes were extensively repeated.

Terrace, Canada

#459631 Jul 7, 2013
People of the world would become followers
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#459632 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
What would you do if your pastor came to your service today and started preaching from a Catholic bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 881,433
Has anyone ever heard of the Coudenhoven-Kalerg... 15 min Truthiness 7
The Christian Atheist debate 33 min thetruth 4,112
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min Torgo2 272,911
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 38 min WasteWater 25
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 40 min curtjester1 41,175
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 40 min WasteWater 6,414
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 42 min WasteWater 8,382
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 49 min waaasssuuup 7,693
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Freebird USA 177,902
More from around the web