Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,167)

Showing posts 443,321 - 443,340 of512,288
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>a teacher that doeSnt know the difference between Figurative Scriptures, and something literal.
LOL@U.
Tony, why don't you quit while you are so far behind?
you need to get Saved and then you would know that murray is the devils worker.
You certainly know nothing about God.
And Pookie, it's not about who knows more about God. It's about glorifying God with what you do know. Even if you know only one thing about God, use that one thing you know to glorify God to the highest,not to glorify your own ego. You feel me?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

i logged on through google...

internet exployer was in a (reguested time out),

wonder who made that call...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Orthodox & the Bible

How Should We Read The Bible?

Prayerfully and reverently, for in each word there is another drop of eternal truth, and all the words together make up the boundless ocean of the Eternal Truth.
The Bible is not a book but life; because its words are "spirit and life" (John 6:63).

Therefore its words can be comprehended if we study them with the spirit of its spirit, and with life of its life.

It is a book that must be read with life - by putting it into practice. One should first live it, and then understand it.

Here the words of the Savior apply: "Whoever is willing to do it - will understand that this teaching is from God" (John 7:17).

Do it, so that you may understand it.

This is the fundamental rule of Orthodox exegesis.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I posted this explaination before I saw that you did indeed say it was his eyesight. no Bible Scholar would believe it was his eyesight.
lol
Me:please don't give us any info that has been debunked many times.
it was not his eyesight nor his allegedly small stature.
the devil always attacks those Who God chooses to reveal much to them, which is what Paul is trying to tell people.
but some, like you don't and cant understand. the mysteries of God are not revealed to carnal minded people
You're right. Most "BIBLE SCHOLARS" wouldn't agree that it was Pauls eyesight. But that's not really saying much because most Bible Scholars don't really know cat doo doo from apple butter when it comes to understanding Gods word in-depth. If todays so called Bible Scholars agreed with me that it was Pauls eyesight then I'd start to worry about what I believe about Pauls affliction. Whew. Thank God most "BIBLE SCHOLARS" disagree with me.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No biggie. And you won't see any triumphalism coming from me as far as the Orthodox are concerned. Protestantism is another story.
Are you still denying you said: I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ???

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that.

Oxbow wrote:
072 Anthony MN wrote: We've been receiving the chalice in every mass, weekday and Sunday for a number of years in my parish.
----
If the Catholics base their practice of eating what they say is the actual body of Christ, and drinking the what they say is the actual blood of Christ...why did it take them that long to "get it right"...

Did not Christ say "eat my body AND drink my blood????
When I were a Catholic...the congregation only got the "body"...why were they not also given the "blood"????
------
I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh Tony...I would have to ask...do you know the 42 questions you will be asked when you expire before progressing to the next stage of your existence?..or have you succumed to the lies your "priests" have
fed you?
I bet you haven't even a clue.
LOL. Well I'm touched by your genuine concern about my existence.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You claim I know nothing about God. But I still know more than you,lol.
I would that you did, however YOU DONT!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Thank You....
AH! Sad but true. It is too bad you find solace in an infidel and his words. That shouldn't be... I am truly sorry that your own do not show the support you should be receiving, and such a character as I should feel the need to supply that support...but I do...because I care.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And Pookie, it's not about who knows more about God. It's about glorifying God with what you do know. Even if you know only one thing about God, use that one thing you know to glorify God to the highest,not to glorify your own ego. You feel me?
you tried to make a point, a point that you couldn't prove.

You didnt know the difference or you tried to act like the devil, you pick

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

What was one significant difference between the prophet Elijah and the prophet Elisha. This is an easy one. Sometimes I ask really easy ones that some of you can actually answer. And when I say answer, I MEAN ANSWER CORRECTLY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

marge wrote:
i logged on through google...
internet exployer was in a (reguested time out),
wonder who made that call...
my IE has not quit,

Maybe God is trying to show YOU something.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Instead of you trying to attack everyone on here about the Scriptures , why DONT you tell us what you are wanting to prove?
then it can be discussed if anyone cares what you are wanting to prove. as for me, I don't care what you might wish to Prove.
I believe in the trinity,
God the father;
God the son;
God the Holy Ghost.
those are Biblical Truths that IF you are a Christian, are not arguable, nor should ANY person try to discredit this Dogma
You are a coward....you will not answer my question....it is a simple one word answer. "yes" or "no"...

Do you deny that these verses teach that Christ is the Son of God???

As Scripture teaches:
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).
For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).
Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I have learned in life that the ones that flap their gums the most and strut their stuff, are mostly the bull you know what.It is not whether someone has the same Faith as me or even no Faith,I go by how they treat me as a person.I don't expect people to believe as I do. Everyone has their own right to worship or choose not to.For me, I believe and chose the Orthodox faith.
That is your right...so long as you do not decide to "cram" it down another's throat, or threaten them with your beliefs.
You have not. I respect that in you, as I am considered "heathen"...yet you are my "sister" in humanity.
It is what it is.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Marge,Preston behaved like a TRUE CHRISTIAN to me when Hermi was life flighted.He and Confronting and his wife were l there for me!!! They gave me the support and prayers that Hermi and I needed to get through this and still do. So I would humbly have to disagree with your statement of Preston....you know who your friends are when you really need them.
Ask Hermi where all the Glory goes Seri.

I didn't mean to rise some up and bring others down, just want all of us(who believe) to speak with grace and truth. xoxox

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Yesterday, my hometon was going to have a festival and my friend(91) was going to be honored, for his service in WW2. He told about what He had went thru and then he gave his Testimony in front of Hundreds of People.

and it rained most of the day, and around noon or so, I prayed and asked God to stop the rain, AND HE DID.

WE WERE ABLE TO HONOR HIM FOR HIS SERVICE, and Holly sang for the large crowd, and then the fireworks were able to be fired.

and around 10:15, I pulled into home and stepped on the porch and God opened up His Heavens and the rain came down.

and as I stepped on my Porch, I said; THANK YOU LORD.

in my heart, I was blessed that God was Honored by my friends Testimony

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
By we ..do you mean you and the 143'999 others who think Cain was the child of the serpent ..th a t we.
Umm no thanks on your conjecture on Paul.
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
By we ..do you mean you and the 143'999 others who think Cain was the child of the serpent ..th a t we.
Umm no thanks on your conjecture on Paul.

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Read it ..now you are just looking to argue. And about what or what point you are trying to make. Not a clue..

==========

I read it..quoting your words and asking you to show support for same is not arguing....

You said:"The serpent was at the tree with her ..He has been depicted on the tree."....Ah said: answer the question....where are you reading this????

You said: "The rest is in the fall in Genesis clearly stated"...Ah said: answer the question...where are you reading this????

You said:Gen 2:16. God speaks to Adam.
Ah said: So?????

You said: Gen 3. Eve tells the serpent what she has been told
Do not eat. Do not touch

I said: Ge 3 has 24 verses....where in Ge 3 are you reading this????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Well I'm touched by your genuine concern about my existence.
I am glad. I hope it will make you look deeper into the reality of it all...seriously.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Who else but the US government would make a 'reguested time out' of 'internet exployer?

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
How Should We Read The Bible?...
As critically and sceptically as any other tome proffered as the "Word of god.'

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you tried to make a point, a point that you couldn't prove.
You didnt know the difference or you tried to act like the devil, you pick
I often play the devil's advocate...just to provoke one to actually think...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 443,321 - 443,340 of512,288
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••