Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600197 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

rosesz

Gainesville, FL

#459391 Jul 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Hermi where all the Glory goes Seri.
I didn't mean to rise some up and bring others down, just want all of us(who believe) to speak with grace and truth. xoxox
I am trying to catch up on some older posts .looks like you may have Explored problems ..I n e over update ..use Firefox instead.

Marge ..if you are having a problem with Internet Explorer.
Sometimes when they update it as and you h a v e an older computer it's messy.

I have Windows seven. And will not a allow updates unless I okay them..

I use FIRE FOX. It's,a ,much better browser ..easy to install..
Just try TH a t name or Mozilla
Google it ..It's Free

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#459392 Jul 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. You are as arrogant and misled in your ignorance of computers and browsers as you are in your religion. What else could I expect from you?
You are totally "careless".
You prove that with your own words, and inhibit anyone else from helping those in their troubles or problems.
Congratulations on your ignorant carelessness.
Surely not someone I would consider following.
never asked you or anyone else to "follow" me.

the SECRET in this life is to follow Jesus

Location hidden

#459393 Jul 6, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/john-paul-miracle-woman...

how pathetic can this woman get. to give credit to a picture instead of giving God the Credit and the Glory.

wonder how much she was paid to make these statements. if you read of other patients that had this problem, and read how they reacted or didn't, in several cases, you find no sembalance of factual behavior in her story.

Location hidden

#459394 Jul 6, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>A divorced man can serve in the office of deacon or pastor....IF HE HAS REPENTED. Divorce you ignorant people,is NOT the unforgiveable sin. All a divorced person need do is REPENT and on repentance that places him back in good standng with God. Lucky for us God is not as judgemental and unforgiving as a bunch of self righteous hypocrites that loves to point fingers and say look what you did,look what you did. I can't stand them.
I dont control the Bible, it controls itself and I didn't write that letter to timothy, Paul did, under the Authority of the Holy Ghost. there is nothing hypocritical about those words. people can use them as a guideline or choose not to

of course, some SBC churches ordain men who have been married before and some SBC churches don't. that isn't the issue here which is that Oxbore is not a Godly man and therefore isn't Spiritually Qualified to be a deacon, JUST AS YOU ARENT QUALIFIED TO BE A TEACHER, AND EVEN OXBORE HAS STATED THAT TO YOU.LOL.

Oxbore only wishes to argue with people on his agenda of thinking that he knows what is right and what isn't. and he loves to twist the Word of God to suit his nefarious cranial assult on us.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459395 Jul 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I dont control the Bible, it controls itself and I didn't write that letter to timothy, Paul did, under the Authority of the Holy Ghost. there is nothing hypocritical about those words. people can use them as a guideline or choose not to
of course, some SBC churches ordain men who have been married before and some SBC churches don't. that isn't the issue here which is that Oxbore is not a Godly man and therefore isn't Spiritually Qualified to be a deacon, JUST AS YOU ARENT QUALIFIED TO BE A TEACHER, AND EVEN OXBORE HAS STATED THAT TO YOU.LOL.
Oxbore only wishes to argue with people on his agenda of thinking that he knows what is right and what isn't. and he loves to twist the Word of God to suit his nefarious cranial assult on us.
99.99 percent of everythign Paul stated is beyond your understanding. And if someone commits a sin and repents of it it is over and God forgives and doesn't want to hear about it ever again. You humans are stuck on stupid and glued to dumb when it comes to the word of God and understanding it .

Since: Nov 08

usa

#459396 Jul 6, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Written by shepherding the little town of Bethlehem. About a Monster who killed their children. And was loved by Rome. Those records???
The most likely burial of those babies was with their families..not dumped in a mass grave
either way there is no evidence of a mass murder of that type ever taking place,no supporting history.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#459397 Jul 6, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-human animals don't have ego-problems as do humans.
Non-human animals struggle to survive until they die.
we are doing the same thing struggling to survive until we die, ut along the way we destroy the world with us.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#459398 Jul 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are more than welcome to contest them. but be prepared to offer more than foolish rhetoric in your retort.
Have at it!
Okay, I'll try.

Please explain other than by rhetoric how you know that a third dimension actually exists.

Terrace, Canada

#459399 Jul 6, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
People do not have to beg a friend:
Are you claiming that in a hereafter I wouldn't have to beg "god" to not send me to hell, as he would be my friend forever???

That really IS good news.

Maybe pope Frances is right. Atheists are redeemed for not believing in the existence of a god. In fact maybe I will be "blessed" for not believing in the existence of a god.

Wouldn't that be nice?

:)

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#459400 Jul 6, 2013
paqw

Terrace, Canada

#459402 Jul 6, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He took every l a st din on that cross..including mine and yours.
But it's a gift of faith thru grace .
And you must reopen t those sins
I can give you a bottle if water if you are thirsty
But if you don't take off the cap a nd drink..you will still be thirsty
I understand that you are certain Jesus came to save you from your self ... but please respond to my questions.

Do you believe that as Jesus was dying on the cross that he proclaimed his Judaism as the only true faith to follow, or do you believe he supported Christianity as a new religion?

And also ... do you believe that without any religion whatsoever in your life, you would be evil?

I would appreciate straight forward reponses to these questions.

So far I have had no responses from any Christians to these questions.

Terrace, Canada

#459403 Jul 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>never asked you or anyone else to "follow" me.
the SECRET in this life is to follow Jesus
When you ask others to follow the Christian belief of Jesus, you ARE asking people to follow your way of believing.

It is no secret that you believe only those belonging to your Christian faith will be saved and other will be doomed to go to hell.
old perve

Rolling Meadows, IL

#459404 Jul 6, 2013
hotiebritanny wrote:
hey i am BRITANNY MADISON !! im a freelance model,
pageant woman and at the same time a student published model, Student, Lover & Dreamer !!:) and a part time web performer if you want to have fun come and join me!!:)
lets go to your fantasy ------>> :):* add me on skype hotiebritanny
Ok now britney sweety.Are you aware of the term tea bag.Ok the lie on your back and close your eyes. BOOOOOOM!!!!

Terrace, Canada

#459405 Jul 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>we are doing the same thing struggling to survive until we die, ut along the way we destroy the world with us.
Those in religion struggle to survive AFTER they die. Non-human animals don't suffer from such arrogance as do humans.

Part of the religious arrogance is believing that humans CAN destroy the world. All we can destroy are the people and the other forms of life ... but we can't end the world by physical actions, OR by religious beliefs that a god is going to end evil ... of all the silly nonsense!

My guess is the earth will survive unless natural catastrophes end it's existence, but it will not BE because of humans should that occur.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#459406 Jul 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>If you can produce a new observation about Paul, lets hear it.
this "poor eyesight" claim has been around long before you were ever born. yet THERE IS NO BIBLICAL EVIDENCE THAT INDICATES HE HAD POOR EYESIGHT AND THEREFORE THE devil ATTACKED HIM CONSTANTLY BECAUSE OF IT.
use some common sense, many of us wear glasses, yet satan doesn't attack us because of them.
and if you address that statement, then you will see how foolish it is. lol CHECKMATE.
because if you say, but yeah, this is paul not people that wear glasses, then you must agree that it is something that makes him different than we are and then that leads into the fact that God revealed much and Blessed him much.
NOW SEE HOW EASY THAT IT IS FOR ME TO EXPLAIN WHY PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WRONG.
NO COMMON SENSE AND MORE IMPORTANT, NO SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT
I imagine anyone over forty would then and now have trouble reading..I doubt eyesight was his thorn..But might be h a rider to read the scrolls ..And write letters..??? But that wouldn't have affected the young Paul

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#459407 Jul 6, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I stand by my words, one way or another God can shut her mouth up when she hasn't the sense to keep quiet herself.
MY IE DIDNT SHUT OFF, SO WHY WOULD HERS?
If her computer is older and it updates the new IE automatically ..it can certainly cause problems ..all updates should be looked at but you have to set your computer that way..

Or use Mozilla FIREFOX..ITS much better than IE

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#459408 Jul 6, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not very computer savvy are you?
I got rid of the trash you people call a "browser" a long time ago.
It is nothing but heartaches...as is all microsoft products.
FireFox rules

I've seen people's comps mess up with new so called improved IE .

I won't get THe New one as I never use it ..

Terrace, Canada

#459409 Jul 6, 2013
I have encountered more than a few Christians who believed Jesus belonged to a group of believers known as the Essenes.

The character of Jesus was pushed from pillar to post by whoever wanted to believe whatever they believed.

The Catholics got into the act of melding Jesus' character as being acquainted with the Essenes and John the Baptist who within the theology leaped from the old testament across a span of hundreds of year into the new testament to baptize Jesus.

The myths are flamboyant ... to say the least.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

JESUS AN ESSENE.

Jesus is recorded to have frequently rebuked and denounced both the Sadducees and Pharisees, but it is not related that he once mentioned the Essenes by name. Yet we are informed by both Philo and Josephus that at the period in which John the Baptist and Jesus were born the Essenes were scattered over Palestine, and that they numbered about four thousand souls.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/jae/jae03.htm

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#459410 Jul 6, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>either way there is no evidence of a mass murder of that type ever taking place,no supporting history.

History is written by those in power.
Luckily we have the scriptures protected by God and His people.

Any other book this old w ouldwould be celebrated not scorned

Terrace, Canada

#459411 Jul 6, 2013
The Catholics had full power over other religions in the Roman empire and that meant they had the copy-RIGHT to change the stories to suit their own intentions.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

JESUS AN ESSENE.

Josephus was contemporary with Philo, but lived to a somewhat later period. There is a reference to the Jesus of Scripture in the pages of this historian, but it is considered by many

p. 3

to have been interpolated and fathered upon this Jewish writer by some early Christian copyist.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/jae/jae03.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 3 min ffj 2,094
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Charlie Sheen 272,456
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min scaritual 865,990
READ! Tuxedo Crew is OFFICIAL! They are the BEST (Jun '14) 12 min dfsdvseefr 7
The eight most important things to look for on ... 26 min casablanca 1
Can tablet give you more nutrition than food? 32 min casaoui 1
INDONESIA VS MALAYSIA and KRISTEN VS ISLAM (Oct '11) 48 min Burke Devlin 12
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 9 hr Malcolm 46
More from around the web