Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665388 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Garden City, MI

#459636 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Banned?? No sir, the Bible is entwined with the Catholic faith, it could never be banned.

The Church forbade private interpretations because knuckleheads like you, were interpreting Christianity themselves and undoing what Jesus Christ taught. Heck, the first batch of fundies who read Revelation when their new handy Bible arrived, ran off in a rabid frenzy that still hasn't subsided.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#459637 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any links where the Roman Catholic Church BANNED the Bible?
Duh!
OJG just gave them to in the papal edicts and "bulls".
Banning the word from the public is no different than banning it in it's entirety...it is nothing more than an attempt at domination through mind control (or lack of) by the control of available information..
It may have been better had they succeeded in that effort. When the theocracy collapsed, the errant teachings would have gone with them. There is a good chance that the pedophilia of the RCC may never have developed as it's doctrines and rituals wouldn't even exist, or would have been minimal.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#459638 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
One of many..........
http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/ ...
<quoted text>
You and mojo should team up. The only thing he can say in defense of Rome is, "there are 38,000, 40,000, 42,000 denominations". LOL LOL Hey cly, list these denominations or shut your pie hole. I will wait(but not hold my breath)for your reply. Get with mojo. He can be your resource for excess BOLOGNA. LOL
Why are you defending Protestantism???

The Puritans were cruel dictators that also wanted their own versions of the bible to be THE rules followed by All.

Thomas Jefferson (Lutheran) who wrote his own version of the bible owned slaves and was no prize either.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

About.com Civil Liberies.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson proposed a law that would mandate castration for gay men and mutilation of nose cartilage for gay women. But that's not the scary part. Here's the scary part: Jefferson was considered a liberal. At the time, the most common penalty on the books was death.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gendersexual ...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459639 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
http://withchrist.org/archives.htm
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Banned?? No sir, the Bible is entwined with the Catholic faith, it could never be banned.
The Church forbade private interpretations because knuckleheads like you, were interpreting Christianity themselves and undoing what Jesus Christ taught. Heck, the first batch of fundies who read Revelation when their new handy Bible arrived, ran off in a rabid frenzy that still hasn't subsided.
Apparently English is not your native tongue. Or could it be you are far too ignorant to understand the truth when it is presented? http://withchrist.org/archives.htm
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459640 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you do if your pastor came to your service today and started preaching from a Catholic bible?
Roman or catholic (small "c") universal?

Prince George, Canada

#459641 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You also take only your own interpretations of scriptures from the bible.

That is WHY Catholics and Protestants killed each other. And that is why Protestants killed other Protestants.

The bible has been used as a weapon since its compilation and nothing has changed.

People are determined to try to force others to what they personally believe "god" expects of human behavior.

Idiocy in action!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#459642 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
One of many..........
http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/articles/ ...
<quoted text>
You and mojo should team up. The only thing he can say in defense of Rome is, "there are 38,000, 40,000, 42,000 denominations". LOL LOL Hey cly, list these denominations or shut your pie hole. I will wait(but not hold my breath)for your reply. Get with mojo. He can be your resource for excess BOLOGNA. LOL
Here is a recent one I saw: "Maplewood Church of Christ"
The sign outside the community center where they hold worship service says : "the first century Church in the 21st century"

They have a Bible just like you. They believe in the necessity of water baptism and faith+works.
You disagree right?

The church of Christ (like the born again movement) picked up their bibles and saw a verse or two and decided to launch a religion. Theirs is Romans 16:16. Yours is John 3:3.

Maybe you ought to provide a verse where Christ says the Bible is the only thing revealed about His Ministry. Perhaps you'll cease trashing His Mother if you realized He didn't!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#459643 Jul 7, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh!
OJG just gave them to in the papal edicts and "bulls".
Banning the word from the public is no different than banning it in it's entirety...it is nothing more than an attempt at domination through mind control (or lack of) by the control of available information..
It may have been better had they succeeded in that effort. When the theocracy collapsed, the errant teachings would have gone with them. There is a good chance that the pedophilia of the RCC may never have developed as it's doctrines and rituals wouldn't even exist, or would have been minimal.
The Bible wasn't kept from anyone. People were free to enter the Church for Mass and hear the Gospel.
What would Jesus Christ say to all the Christianities out there today?
Its amazing. Our Lord was crucified; His Apostles killed as well, to bring the faith to the world, only to have some idiots with their highlighted Bibles undoing what they died for!

The Bible is a Catholic Book. The Protesters want to claim it as their own, but it ain't.
Right now, someone is doing a Bible study in the basement of Maplewood Community Center,(MN) trying to figure out the latest revelation of the faith to them via the Holy Spirit. They come to a different Christianity than OldJG. Even though OldG did the same thing (via the Holy Spirit). That's madness. That perverts the sacred scriptures.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#459644 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Roman or catholic (small "c") universal?
Cute. Another fundie playing word games.

A Catholic bible. It has 7 more books than your bible.

Prince George, Canada

#459645 Jul 7, 2013
Many people are under the impression that the Salem witch-trials were motivated and committed by Catholics ... but I believe that was not the case.

Catholics were not welcome in America at the time of the Salem witch-trials, so it was the Protestants that committed those crimes against each other.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

The Salem witch trials were a series of hearings and prosecutions of people accused of witchcraft in colonial Massachusetts, between February 1692 and May 1693

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_tria...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Considering that the population in the first federal census of 1790 totaled 3,939,000, the Catholic presence was less than one percent, certainly not a significant force in the original 13 British colonies.

http://www.traditioninaction.org/History/B_00...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#459646 Jul 7, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you do if your pastor came to your service today and started preaching from a Catholic bible?
Can't say I have compared them in entirety ..But a,few times I liked things up in both .

They were the same ...except of course the apocryphal books.

Which even the Jews did no acknowledge as pure scripture.

But the ones I looked at read the same ...weird huh??

Prince George, Canada

#459647 Jul 7, 2013
Protestants are fond of shifting the blame on to Catholics for all the brutality ... but I suggest that people in all religions were brutal.

Those who dictate "god's" RULES believe they have the RIGHTS to the kingdoms on earth AND in the hereafter.

Religion is NOT good!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#459648 Jul 7, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You also take only your own interpretations of scriptures from the bible.
That is WHY Catholics and Protestants killed each other. And that is why Protestants killed other Protestants.
The bible has been used as a weapon since its compilation and nothing has changed.
People are determined to try to force others to what they personally believe "god" expects of human behavior.
Idiocy in action!!!
You should take an afternoon off from Topix. Perhaps go for a stroll and enjoy the fresh air?

Sometimes you can be like a pesky fly. We already know you're an atheist and you don't like religion. You've definitely made your point on this forum. It doesn't appear you're going to get any Christian on here to snap at you, so you may as well call it a day.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#459649 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible wasn't kept from anyone. People were free to enter the Church for Mass and hear the Gospel.
What would Jesus Christ say to all the Christianities out there today?
Its amazing. Our Lord was crucified; His Apostles killed as well, to bring the faith to the world, only to have some idiots with their highlighted Bibles undoing what they died for!
The Bible is a Catholic Book. The Protesters want to claim it as their own, but it ain't.
Right now, someone is doing a Bible study in the basement of Maplewood Community Center,(MN) trying to figure out the latest revelation of the faith to them via the Holy Spirit. They come to a different Christianity than OldJG. Even though OldG did the same thing (via the Holy Spirit). That's madness. That perverts the sacred scriptures.
I am the Way

God so loved the world .

What more ritual is needed

His words ..simple yet complex unless you have the Spirit to guide you .

You do not get that from statues...or holy water ..Or the pope...

Though I do like John Paul ..Francis,I think will make more changes.

But that's not the point .

We need to unite in belief in Our Saviuir who shed His blood for us..took all sin onto that Cross. And suffered horribly for it .

He rose from the dead ..He conquered the grave and Sin debt..just for US.

Despite the history we have a moment here ...We could be one ...But are not...WHY ???

God is using us,ALL to spread Jesus love around the world ...

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#459650 Jul 7, 2013
LOVE THE FATHER

LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU .

We disobey!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#459651 Jul 7, 2013
Religion taught that humans were evil sinners. And it was those in religion who took it upon their selves to decide WHO was evil. Yet for brutalizing and killing others they didn't perceive that their selves were at all evil.

If you don't see, you don't choose to see ... and the onus is on you.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The most infamous trials were conducted by the Court of Oyer and Terminer in 1692 in Salem Town. One contemporary writer summed the results of the trials thus:

"And now Nineteen persons having been hang'd, and one prest to death, and Eight more condemned, in all Twenty and Eight, of which above a third part were Members of some of the Churches of N. England, and more than half of them of a good Conversation in general, and not one clear'd; about Fifty having confest themselves to be Witches, of which not one Executed; above an Hundred and Fifty in Prison, and Two Hundred more acccused; the Special Commision of Oyer and Terminer comes to a period,..."

¬óRobert Calef[1]

At least five more of the accused died in prison.

Prince George, Canada

#459652 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
LOVE THE FATHER
LOVE ONE ANOTHER AS I HAVE LOVED YOU .
We disobey!!!!
Love the imaginary father by torturing and killing evil sinners.

THAT was their motivation.

Prince George, Canada

#459653 Jul 7, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the Way
God so loved the world .
Surely you jest!

Prince George, Canada

#459654 Jul 7, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take an afternoon off from Topix.
Am I interfering with your sermons?

How tragic for you!

"_

Prince George, Canada

#459655 Jul 7, 2013
The god of the Jews so loved the world he sent his only son to earth to be murdered because the god couldn't figure out any other way to communicate Christian LOVE to his followers.

You are idiots and choose to BE so!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 15 min Seentheotherside 589
3 Newspapers in Eagle RIver AK 15 min eljay577 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min RiversideRedneck 977,399
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min RiversideRedneck 88,252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Pegasus 284,577
The Future of Politics in America 37 min Nohweh 259
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 37 min Ewa 8
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Nohweh 176
More from around the web