Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683939 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459599 Jul 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "I desire to do good like Christ commanded and look forward to the day He comes again to judge the living and the dead." End quote.
Where did Jesus command us to DO GOOD?
You speak as did your supposed first pope, Peter.
Matthew 26:34, "Jesus said to him, "Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times."
Wasn't this directed towards Peter?
Cly, you deny Jesus every time you eat Him and believe He is a cracker. You deny who He really is and what He has really done. A cracker did not die on a cross did it?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Christ never commanded anyone to do good?
Here are a few examples:
Thou shall not kill.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not bear false witness.
I do not deny Christ in the Eucharist. Neither does any Christian before the reformation. I've had the Eucharist, and if somebody held a gun to my head and ordered me to deny it, they can just pull the trigger.
What would you do if a madman ordered you to burn your KJV? You'd just get some other Book or start your own!!
The abyss is endless with sola scripture.
Cly said, quote, "Are you saying Christ never commanded anyone to do good?
Here are a few examples:
Thou shall not kill.
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not bear false witness." End quote.

Christ commanded these? Didn't Moses bring these down off the mountain as described in Exodus 20? Hey, Cly, you forgot one, but of course you would. It goes something like this..........Exodus 20:4-5, 4 "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me."

Oops Cly, you do bow down to graven images of mary, saints and angels and on and on. Oops Cly, you are visiting your iniquity on your children to the third and the fourth generations. God does not make this declaration about any other of the REAL TEN COMMANDMENTS. How did you forget this one Cly?

Oops Cly, now what?

Cly said, quote, "I do not deny Christ in the Eucharist. Neither does any Christian before the reformation. I've had the Eucharist, and if somebody held a gun to my head and ordered me to deny it, they can just pull the trigger." End quote.

Actually Cly, the pope and your beloved Roman Catholic church has been holding a gun to your head for years and years. In fact they have most certainly pulled the trigger and killed you spiritually. How you say? By lying to you and telling you that you have received Christ the day you ate your first Jesus cracker. According to you, you have received Jesus over and over and over again in a cracker, wafer or elements. Your priest never told you that you only need receive Jesus once. ONCE!

My, my Cly, what will you do?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#459600 Jul 6, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic religion is exactly like the Bible.
The problem is that somebody told you that Christianity was distributed in verse verse verse verse verse verse and more verses.
Read the Bible like it was given to us, and you'll quickly realize how new and strange the born again evangelical movement is.
Now I'm not taking away from your individual Christian experience. I'm sure when you wave your hands around singing born again Christian rock songs, God blesses you. God is good indeed.
But you guy need to get out of the business of scripture interpretations asap.
guy?

i'm a girl who trusts in God alone through Jesus alone to teach me. And so does my husband. Blessings to you and your family Clay.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459601 Jul 6, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Cly said, quote, "I desire to do good like Christ commanded and look forward to the day He comes again to judge the living and the dead." End quote.
Matthew 26:34, "Jesus said to him, "Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows, you will deny me three times."
Cly, you deny Jesus every time you eat Him and believe He is a cracker. You deny who He really is and what He has really done. A cracker did not die on a cross did it?
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
And Please Old Jeep, don't ever think you are somehow insulting Catholics by continuously calling it a cracker. Nothing could be further from the truth!! You are insulting Christ and Christ only. Trust me, we Catholics didn't read Bible verses and thunk, "golly it look like da Jesus is in the bread duh"
Our religion came from Christ and the Apostles. It came to fruition before there was a Bible.
Do you comprehend that fact?
Cyal, really? You think the apostles believed Jesus was a cracker? You believe the apostles watched the Romans crucify a cracker and not Jesus Christ? Strange, did Peter ever refer to Jesus as a cracker? After all, wasn't Peter your first pope? Some people say Peter referred to Jesus as the Christ, the Son of the living God, right? Whoa, that's right, it is in the Bible. Do you actually own a Bible or are you still honoring the "ban on the Bible" as commanded by the Roman Catholic church some years ago? Why would Rome "ban the Bible"? Was Rome afraid the people would learn the truth about the pope and his cronies?
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#459602 Jul 6, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
guy?
i'm a girl who trusts in God alone through Jesus alone to teach me. And so does my husband. Blessings to you and your family Clay.
Marge, well said. Salvation is by faith alone in Christ alone.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#459603 Jul 6, 2013
My husband of 31 years today, all thanks be to God!

he told me i was not right with God and i finally had ears to hear, again all glory to God!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#459604 Jul 6, 2013
One can know whether or not they are Right with God.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#459605 Jul 7, 2013
marge wrote:
One can know whether or not they are Right with God.
The official Hollywood Catholic 101 teaching in chapter one is: One can know whether or not they are Right with the man upstairs.

Chapter two is: Get ready to meet your maker....

Catholics will quote these words as a sign that "they know their Bible"!!!!!
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#459606 Jul 7, 2013
lucifer an pray too..yep..eauty wic nobody discribe as develis satanic deat=fall..

they can nice speak too..who ..followers of corupt organization..is that sin or error..yes it is..

Whats problem my childrens with you..oh..did you sold your soul..to whom?
why for what?..to be nice and rich..
Whats so ever ou have on the end you will lose include your soul too.

now
Did your Yew religion tell you..trough mother you are in-hereditary..not father.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#459607 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. The other writings were destroyed or lost! That could be the only answer to justify your theology. Wow, you are completely nuts.
Caly said, quote, "No, the first Christians recognized that the word of God came through an ark. Mary." End quote.
This quote proves you know nothing of Jesus Christ. NOTHING!!! You are having a love affair with mary.
Are you telling me with straight face, that the only thing the Apostles wrote, are the 27 Books that became the NT?

How ignorant does one have to be in order to be an evangelical born again?

-Two letters of the Apostle Paul are missing (Corinthians and Laodiceans)

-over half of the Apostles didn't contributed any documents to the Bible. I guess they were illiterate eh. what they preached wasn't as important as Paul?

-None of them wrote anything until 25-50 yrs after Christ died and rose. I wonder what all those Christians did for so long, with no Bible verses!!

What does Old Jeep do with info like this? He simply pretends it ain't true and continues believing his KJV fell out of the sky for him to interpret.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#459608 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Cyal, really? You think the apostles believed Jesus was a cracker? You believe the apostles watched the Romans crucify a cracker and not Jesus Christ? Strange, did Peter ever refer to Jesus as a cracker? After all, wasn't Peter your first pope? Some people say Peter referred to Jesus as the Christ, the Son of the living God, right? Whoa, that's right, it is in the Bible. Do you actually own a Bible or are you still honoring the "ban on the Bible" as commanded by the Roman Catholic church some years ago? Why would Rome "ban the Bible"? Was Rome afraid the people would learn the truth about the pope and his cronies?
Do you have a link where it says the Roman Catholic Church banned the Bible?

Yes, I believe the Apostles thought Christ was fully present in the bread and wine.

Let me ask you a question, do you believe Christianity really started in the 16th century, after the Bible became published? Because that's what it sure sounds like.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#459609 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTHING!!! You are having a love affair with mary.
OldJG said: "You are having a love affair with Mary"

Wow. Did I mention I get on my knees and thank the Lord I didn't hear the Gospel from your kind?

I seriously thank Jesus you are not any authority on His Ministry. You're just some guy who highlighted Bible verses in his personal KJV and declared himself a deacon.
Men like you have come and gone the last few hundred yrs. The Catholic Church has remained.

Preston can take note of that fact too.

Since: Jul 13

Central Point, OR

#459610 Jul 7, 2013
I don't know about the "true" church, but I know this ... the Vatican's residents seem to have an unhealthy fixation on young nubile boys.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#459611 Jul 7, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your MORONIC IGNORANT ROMAN perspective. You are a professional liar and have perfected your trade. Your theology is well equipped to fool idiots like yourself. Anyone who owns a Bible and has studied it will be able to expose you for the pagan pitiful lost satan worshiper you truly are. Go hide in a hole with your father, the devil!!!!!!!!!!
So instead of a reasoned and biblical defense the fundie responds with "your father, the devil!!!!!!!!!!" How childish. The fundie loser who wrote your piece doesn't know Catholic teaching, if he did he would have quoted it. If I was a fundie I would at least expect the defenders of my faith to accurately portray the Catholic teaching if they were going to attack it.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#459612 Jul 7, 2013
Welcome To All!

July 7, 2013 — by Cindy Hess Kasper

Subscribe on iTunes
Play MP3 (Mobile)

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: Isaiah 55:1-9

Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.—1 Samuel 16:7

Bible in a Year:
Job 34-35; Acts 15:1-21

A beautifying project on the main road of my town prompted the demolition of a church built in the 1930s. Although the windows of the empty church had been removed, the doors remained in place for several days, even as bulldozers began knocking down walls. Each set of doors around the church building held a message written in giant, fluorescent-orange block letters: KEEP OUT!

Unfortunately, some churches whose doors are open convey that same message to visitors whose appearance doesn’t measure up to their standards. No fluorescent, giant-size letters needed. With a single disapproving glance, some people communicate:“You’re Not Welcome Here!”

How people look on the outside, of course, is not an indicator of what is in their hearts. God’s focus is on the inner life of people. He looks far below the surface of someone’s appearance (1 Sam. 16:7) and that’s what He desires for us to do as well. He also knows the hearts of those who appear to be “righteous” but are “full of hypocrisy” on the inside (Matt. 23:28).

God’s message of welcome, which we are to show to others, is clear. He says to all who seek Him:“Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters”(Isa. 55:1).
Thank You, Lord, that You welcome all into
Your family, and You have welcomed me. Show me
how to be as accepting of others as You are.
May I reveal Your heart of love.

No one will know what you mean when you say,“God is love”—unless you show it.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#459613 Jul 7, 2013
Casting Crowns - If We Are The Body

If We Are The Body by Casting Crowns with lyrics. Please visit www.CastingCrowns.com or www.youtube.com/user/CastingCrowns for their youtube channel.*I am n...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#459614 Jul 7, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who=" Anthony MN"
You can't use "all have sinned" as ammunition to insist Mary was a sinner then cite infants, children and mentally handicapped as an exception.
Knowledge of accountability...ever hear of it? None are born sinless, else there would have been no need for a Savior.
Infants, and children are not sinless by nature; they just don't become accountable until they understand right and wrong.
I'm sure that Mary was an adult. No one is saying that she was a sinful woman...just that she had the same carnal nature as the rest of us.
KayMarie
I've heard of it, it's just not in the bible.

"None are born sinless"

What happens to infants, children and the mentally handicapped when they die without being born again.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#459615 Jul 7, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
well said, Praise God for His righteousness and His common sense justice that can never be refuted. The Holy Scriptures agree with your wise sayings kay marie my big big sister.
There's nothing in the bible about "age of accountability" or even "common sense justice". I thought you guys were sola scriptura?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#459616 Jul 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
If I have told you once, I have told you a dozen times. The first, most basic rule, in the art of lying, is not to tell a lie that can be easily proven as such...
You first make a statement about the blood of Christ...you then deny having said such...I show you your own words that proves you said what I say you said...and for that I am an idiot!!!!?????
Read my statement again; "I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ."

Tell me what you think this means.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#459617 Jul 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have lied?????
I'm not George Washington.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#459618 Jul 7, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is....my addressing my dog will be a fruitful as you addressing the angels....
The Bible teaches we are to pray to God the Father in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ....Not to Christ's mommie....not to the angels of God....not to dead people...
God wants us to sing the psalms. The psalm addresses the angels. The angels are in heaven. Your dead dog is not in heaven.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,534
MESSAGE 4 Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers 14 min Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Why Canada sucks (Oct '10) 1 hr quebec sucks 573
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 983,266
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,711
Girl snapchat names (Feb '15) 2 hr eli_mitchell137 2
Looking for girls to snapchat 3 hr aldenmorgan737 3
More from around the web