Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
443,081 - 443,100 of 538,573 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition of "addressing" which means "speaking to" does not limit "speaking to" only to angels. So, every time I speak to my dog, I am following your Catholic teaching!!!!!
Arf Arf!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It is. Protestant preacher abuse could be, probably is, a lot higher. Of course, the only time I ever mention abuse in a religious setting is when your husband or other fundies (and the occasional Catholic-hating Orthodox) are throwing priest abuse in our faces. But you (and they) can go on pretending it doesn't exist in your communities.
Hey Tony...the only problem I have with you all right now is the bragging done about the Catholic church being the TRUE CHURCH..which ALL Orthodox will disagree.So that word Orthodox should be plural..lol

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You DO believe that Jesus was a real man connected to the Essenes ... don't you?
Yes, I do. Sources(contemporary) other than church writings have indicated that he actually existed...so I must give credence to that end. I also believe that he was a "Nazar"...(radical).
See, that is what "education" and research can do for you June. You prefer to remain completely ignorant, so one can not have any rational discussion with you regarding anything that would require research or knowledge...you have neglected both.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church right around the world has had a perverted sub-culture within the ranks of their clergy.
http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...
Check your own state? Check Anthonys state of Minnesota and all the dioceses there..........and these are ONLY the ones we know about.
UNBELIEVABLE!
SSSSH! The world is not supposed ta know all them terrible things!
Problem is, I grew up in and with them all...they all but killed off my family tree...so I know. The more they push my buttons, the more I will reveal...so long as I do not incriminate myself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do take notice Seraphima, that he still did not provide a source for his rhetoric...
That is all I need to say --isn't it?
Whatcha Talkin Bout Willis?..lol...I noticed...
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
The catholic church right around the world has had a perverted sub-culture within the ranks of their clergy.
http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/Pri...
Check your own state? Check Anthonys state of Minnesota and all the dioceses there..........and these are ONLY the ones we know about.
UNBELIEVABLE!
I see your favorite subject has come up, so will come back on to discuss child sexual abuse!

You're the king of trash internet outlets. In fact, they only exist because of gullible bigots like yourself.

(6 guilty Priests last yr, Tom. Six)
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Dust Storm says.......Catholic priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other Missing and Exploited Children.
Michael says.......We don't know how many thousands of priests/bishops molested our children. They kept it all a secret, from the very followers who trusted them to always do the right thing.
Look at the """BIG" "" PICTURE!
http://www.awrsipe.com/patrick_wall/executive...
An organization that claims to be the advocates of MORALITY and JUSTICE, and yet the thousands of clergy who did not molest, looked the other way as more of our innocent children became prey to the ones who did molest.
Church leaders never dialed 9-1-1, it was always the victims and their families.
unbelievable!
Shame on them!
More fodder and conjecture. Show the facts not your word games. Show the independent studies. Quote any credible news organization who says its way worse in the Catholic Church. You can't Tommy Boy. No real Christian would listen to your garbage let alone anyone with intelligence. Long live your obsession. You need a new hobby and a life.
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do take notice Seraphima, that he still did not provide a source for his rhetoric...
That is all I need to say --isn't it?
Its the same link Dust used. I thought I explained that already.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Correction to Anthony...Hermi just corrected me on the word Orthodox being both singular and pural...so I must take that last statement back...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Whatcha Talkin Bout Willis?..lol...I noticed...
Just wanted ta make the point sis...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your favorite subject has come up, so will come back on to discuss child sexual abuse!
You're the king of trash internet outlets. In fact, they only exist because of gullible bigots like yourself.
whispers....and how many swept under the carpet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the same link Dust used. I thought I explained that already.
Try a neutral site...

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do. Sources(contemporary) other than church writings have indicated that he actually existed...so I must give credence to that end. I also believe that he was a "Nazar"...(radical).
See, that is what "education" and research can do for you June. You prefer to remain completely ignorant, so one can not have any rational discussion with you regarding anything that would require research or knowledge...you have neglected both.
You can give credence to any religious theory that pleases you, but your religious theories are still theories as are all religious theories.

Your insults are duly noted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
In such an "impeccable organization.
Your deity should be so proud...
NOT!

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

I don't believe that Jesus existed, but if I believed he had existed, I would believe he was a peace-promoting rabbi, faithful to Judaism.

Of course the whole of religion is fraught with inconsistencies and down-right lies.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.themediareport.com/fast-facts/ IT'S NOT ABOUT CATHOLIC PRIESTS
FACT: Catholic priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other American male population, but Allen says a conservat
"If anyone believes that priests offend at a higher rate than teachers or non-celibate clergy, then they should produce the evidence on which they are basing that conclusion. I know of none. Saying 'everybody knows' does not constitute scientific methodology."
Dr. Philip Jenkins, Pennsylvania State University.
2THE GRAND CONSPIRACY THAT WASN'T
FACT: You would never know it from the media's lurid coverage, but the vast bulk of reported cases of abuse stem only from a historical anomaly, as most allegations occurred during only a small sliver of time during the Sexual Revolution from the 1960s to the early 1980s. And despite media suggestions of dark conspiracies and cover-ups, the Church like every other institution at the time simply followed the then-prevailing view of experts in the field that offenders could be successfully rehabilitated and sent accused priests off for treatment, rather than reporting them to police, which resulted in a temporary spike in recidivism.
Read more
Catholic Church Abuse Graph 1970-2009
From the 1950s through the 1970s, the Catholic Church, following the then-prevailing societal practice, sent suspected abusers to psychologists rather than calling the police.
In this respect, the Church was far from alone.
When the Church was sending accused priests to psychological treatment, "the criminal justice system was doing the very same thing with convicted offenders sending them to treatment instead of prison."
"From the 1950's to the 1980's, these treatment-based interventions for sexual criminals were not only enormously prevalent in the United States, but surveys of ordinary citizens showed that they were enormously popular
"[T]he science of human sexuality and sexual offending is extraordinarily young. Virtually all of the information we utilize today regarding the treatment and supervision of sexual offenders has been discovered since 1985."
Dr. Monica Applewhite, Ph.D.
Yet in almost every media account, the media has failed to provide this important historical context that the Church was following the then-reigning advice of experts in the field to send accused priests to treatment.
"No one would hold a brain surgeon to today's standard of care for professional decisions he made in 1970. Yet the decisions made in 1970 by Catholic bishops, who routinely consulted with mental health professionals about sick priests, are being judged by today's standards. Today, the confidence of the mental health community about the likelihood of curing sexual disorders is far less than it was in 1970."
L. Martin Nussbaum, "Changing the Rules" (America magazine, 2006)
Yet these 149 men represent only one-tenth of one percent of all priests who served in the Catholic Church in the United States between 1950 and 2002. Most accused priests (56%) have been the subject of only one allegation.
3THE REAL NEWS: CURRENT ACCUSATIONS AGAINST CATHOLIC PRIESTS ARE EXTREMELY RARE
What I personally do not understand ..And let me say growing up I had wonderful nuns and priests.

And abuse is all over.

But why in the name of all that is holy dud they NOT JUST SEND TBEM TO MONASTERIES..get them counselling ..great ...But the CC is perhaps the only organization that could have found PL a car,for them to repent ..do service...AND NOT HURT ANOTHER CHILD.

WHY move then to parishes. With kids??

That is what I do not understand.

Priests have a special relationship.with parishioners. Why give them another bite of the Apple so to speak..when it's CHIKDRENS LIVES ST STAKE..

If they had..the world would never have heard a thing..children would be safer and the CC REPRESENTING OUR LORD would not get spit on ..

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not only about the child sex-abuse ... it's about the centuries of cover-ups by men who were entrusted to take care of children and failed to perform their duties.

You seem to sweep that issue under the carpet with all the other atrocities performed by those men in a god's name.

If you really worshipped a god, you would condemn the men who blasphemed the god's name ... but instead you defend them.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Seraphima wrote:
Correction to Anthony...Hermi just corrected me on the word Orthodox being both singular and pural...so I must take that last statement back...
No biggie. And you won't see any triumphalism coming from me as far as the Orthodox are concerned. Protestantism is another story.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
HIV is 4 times higher in your church structure than in the general public---FACT!
All the rhetorical excuses you wish to provocate is erroneous or outright lies.
SIMPLE AS THAT!
Your church is an infestation of sin, and should NOT be the teacher of anyone or anything in this society.
I am sure you will push the buttons to throw your church into even more PUBLIC scrutiny as I speak...you just don't even know when to shut up!
Carrion!
The topic is abuse. You lost. I answred the homosexual question. Your deflections doesnt change that.

Terrace, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
In such an "impeccable organization.
Your deity should be so proud...
NOT!
If a deity exists it needs to carry all the shame for creating such a horrible mess that it knew beforehand would occur.

And I have no remorse for having such an opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min JudgeNJury 257,744
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 4 min Some1 Else 1,240
Jermain Taylor is EVIL 8 min Doctor REALITY 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Buck Crick 732,407
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 15 min Doctor REALITY 2,403
These Honorable Men 21 min paul shykora arts 6
McConnell Promises Billionaire Donors He Won't ... 43 min discocrisco 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 49 min KiMare 94,600
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr dirty white boy- 599,723
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 173,252