Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Jul 10, 2007 Read more: CBC News 582,440
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Read more
Clay

Chicago, IL

#459205 Jul 5, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Please state your source...thank-u
We were talking about Dust Storms link. So that would be my source.
Amazing huh? The media balloons every single accusation to smear the Church so bigots like Black 42 and Michael can eat it up.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#459206 Jul 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing huh? The media balloons every single accusation to smear the Church so bigots like Black 42 and Michael can eat it up.
I am not a bigot. I am an interpreter of rhetoric, much of which is blasphemy of the ALL.
You are a great contribute to that cause.
You despise truth and actuality, else you would address it with proof to the contrary...you do not...

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#459207 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what "religious cult" have you deluded yourself into believing that I exist?
My guess is, you don't explain the connection of Jesus and the Essenes as does the following author.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Jesus and the Essenes

At the time when the Master Jesus was present among his disciples, he had already named the Master St. John as the leader of and the person responsible for this inner and secret School. It is the Master St. John who was put in charge of teaching in this School and of ensuring that the exercises were done correctly.

Thereafter, the Master St. John continued his task, even after Jesus' departure. He remained faithful and opened inner Schools in most European countries. These Schools continued to exist in secret and have propagated themselves right up to our own time, keeping Christ's teaching pure, exactly as the Essenes had kept pure Moses' secret and authentic teaching. Today, parts of this Teaching and of its techniques are being extended to the outside world because a new time of harvesting and sowing has arrived.

http://www.essenespirit.com/jesus.html

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#459208 Jul 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that Atheism is a religion now?
It most certainly is .
And they use it to club Christian s in every venue they can.

Travelling thousands of miles to protest a nativity long held tradition..on the basis it offends them.

IF they font like what the people on the town..who pay actual taxes there...They should stay HOME. THEY WON'T see anything t h at offends their delicate sensibilities

Terrace, Canada

#459209 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The universe has always existed...just not as the "matter" you know of in 3 dimensions.
Just as do those in other religions, you have a theory. And theory is not proof.

Location hidden

#459210 Jul 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do take notice Seraphima, that he still did not provide a source for his rhetoric...
That is all I need to say --isn't it?

Terrace, Canada

#459211 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a bigot. I am an interpreter of rhetoric, much of which is blasphemy of the ALL.
What do you mean by the "ALL?"

Terrace, Canada

#459212 Jul 5, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
We should study reality in stead of antiquated books about reality with all kind of backward ideas that do immeasurable harm to life on earth. Christianity was created for a slave society in which their was no escape from suffering. That is why it is safety pod to leave the planet, and they do not care about this world. Lets make a world in which people can be happy and let the doom thinking die.
All religion was created to enslave the minds of humans, and it succeeded.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#459213 Jul 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
True, the thought of a vile Priest handling the consecrated host makes me ill.
But that's on him not me. He'll have to deal with God. Jesus doesn't hold back His gift in the Eucharist based on the moral standing of the Priest.
Clay here is a real question.

Many Christians of all denominations sin.

But if taking the Eucharist every day or week is supposed to reinvigorate and renew Jedi s inside you ..how can a Catholic ..supposedly a regular recipient ..be vile and nasty t o people .

You do not post this way ..But I know at least one who clobbered people with lies and a accusations because they do not agree eith her take on things .And I mean vile things

Just cannot reconcile t hat the Eucharist as you all take it makes one better than s born again believer
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#459214 Jul 5, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN"
Roughly 4% were guilty of abuse, abuse which included using inappropriate language or putting a hand on the shoulder. The innocent 96% are being broad-brushed by you in an unChristian slanderous indictment.
Conversely, protestant ministers, which include pentecostals, admit to adulterous and sexually inappropriate contact with congregants at a rate of 3-4 times higher than Catholic priests.
Look to the sins of your own confrinting, they are many.
I think 'admit' is the key word...
KM
It is. Protestant preacher abuse could be, probably is, a lot higher. Of course, the only time I ever mention abuse in a religious setting is when your husband or other fundies (and the occasional Catholic-hating Orthodox) are throwing priest abuse in our faces. But you (and they) can go on pretending it doesn't exist in your communities.

Terrace, Canada

#459215 Jul 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It most certainly is .
Atheism is not a religion.

re·li·gion

Noun

1.The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Location hidden

#459216 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess is, you don't explain the connection of Jesus and the Essenes as does the following author.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Jesus and the Essenes
At the time when the Master Jesus was present among his disciples, he had already named the Master St. John as the leader of and the person responsible for this inner and secret School. It is the Master St. John who was put in charge of teaching in this School and of ensuring that the exercises were done correctly.
Thereafter, the Master St. John continued his task, even after Jesus' departure. He remained faithful and opened inner Schools in most European countries. These Schools continued to exist in secret and have propagated themselves right up to our own time, keeping Christ's teaching pure, exactly as the Essenes had kept pure Moses' secret and authentic teaching. Today, parts of this Teaching and of its techniques are being extended to the outside world because a new time of harvesting and sowing has arrived.
http://www.essenespirit.com/jesus.html
What is your point here?
I am not even familiar with your "source"...yet you attempt to equate me with it...You are quite dishonest in your endeavor and intent.
The Abrahamic religions are the worst of all "priestly" inventions in the history of mankind.
It is not any of "my" making. All I can do is expose it for what it is. Your attempt to associate my person with that proposition is the lowest of accusations, and shows just how despicable you can be in your hatred of all other than yourself.
Have you eaten your own kin? You are not far from it right now...
I am about 1 millisecond from never acknowledging another of your posts.

Terrace, Canada

#459217 Jul 5, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The media balloons every single accusation to smear the Church
The church has smeared it's own history.

It was based on lies, and the lies just grew more and more lies.

The fact that you still try to protect the lies says more about you than you can "imagine."
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#459218 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY fool can look up the fact that the incident of HIV is 4 times higher in your church structure than in the society in which it resides.
WHO do you think you are fooling?
If your argument was that homosexuals need to go from the priesthood I agree and so do lots of Catholics. No one with any inclination of homosexual tendencies is allowed in the seminary compliments of Pope Benedict. The laxing of the policy to allow those who struggled with it has shown the results. You however are like a homosexaul supporter and will ignore the facts that the abuse was largely committed by acknowledged homosexuals. Call it Ebophilia or whatever you want the victims were largely post puberty and male. Not Pedophila.

Second, abuse at its height still way lower than the general population. Predators are everywhere where they have access to their victims and often in a position of authority.

3rd ignore the facts from both liberal and conservative news sources and independent organizations and insurance companies and honest protestants because its easier to spew unfounded bile as Dr. Jenkins (protestant) Says paraphrased saying everybody knows it is not proof. You have none, because there is none. Agree that even 6 accusations are too many. 1 is too many, but it most certainly is not the image you want to believe. Then again we all know you are such a caring person. lol

As has been said many times societies around the globe need to implement programs to prevent these types of things and have a course of action, but its easy to play Monday morning quarterback and spew nonsense rather than the facts. There would be no need for churches if everyone was perfect like you, but alas we are not.

But if you want to continue on your tirades prove that abuse is a Catholic thing with facts. Show the teachings of the church that it is ok or a doctrine. The news is about cases decades ago and the church didnt deal with it any differently than most and if they had been convicted they would have gotten treatement not prison. You have a big fat zero. The sins of men are not the teachings of the church.

Terrace, Canada

#459219 Jul 5, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay here is a real question.
Many Christians of all denominations sin.
How can that BE, when Jesus died for your sins in exchange for your belief in "him?"

Lies upon lies.

Terrace, Canada

#459221 Jul 5, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point here?
You DO believe that Jesus was a real man connected to the Essenes ... don't you?

Location hidden

#459222 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by the "ALL?"
I have already explained it ALL to you before...Are you suffering from memory loss or dementia?
You seem to have no problem at all remembering what YOU want to...

Location hidden

#459223 Jul 5, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It is. Protestant preacher abuse could be, probably is, a lot higher. Of course, the only time I ever mention abuse in a religious setting is when your husband or other fundies (and the occasional Catholic-hating Orthodox) are throwing priest abuse in our faces. But you (and they) can go on pretending it doesn't exist in your communities.
Well then, do provide the actual accusations and statistics to back up your rhetoric.
Tom

Hamilton, Canada

#459224 Jul 5, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.themediareport.com/fast-facts/ IT'S NOT ABOUT CATHOLIC PRIESTSthan calling the police.of human sexuality and sexual offending is extraordinarily young. Virtually all of the information we utilize today regarding the treatment and supervision of sexual offenders has been discovered since 1985."
– Dr. Monica Applewhite, Ph.D.
Yet in almost every media account, the media has failed to provide this important historical context that the Church was following the then-reigning advice of experts in the field to send accused priests to treatment.
"No one would hold a brain surgeon to today's standard of care for professional decisions he made in 1970. Yet the decisions made in 1970 by Catholic bishops, who routinely consulted with mental health professionals about sick priests, are being judged by today's standards. Today, the confidence of the mental health community about the likelihood of curing sexual disorders is far less than it was in 1970."
– L. Martin Nussbaum, "Changing the Rules" (America magazine, 2006)
Yet these 149 men represent only one-tenth of one percent of all priests who served in the Catholic Church in the United States between 1950 and 2002. Most accused priests (56%) have been the subject of only one allegation.
3THE REAL NEWS: CURRENT ACCUSATIONS AGAINST CATHOLIC PRIESTS ARE EXTREMELY RARE
Dust Storm says.......Catholic priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other Missing and Exploited Children.

Michael says.......We don't know how many thousands of priests/bishops molested our children. They kept it all a secret, from the very followers who trusted them to always do the right thing.
Look at the """BIG" "" PICTURE!
http://www.awrsipe.com/patrick_wall/executive...
An organization that claims to be the advocates of MORALITY and JUSTICE, and yet the thousands of clergy who did not molest, looked the other way as more of our innocent children became prey to the ones who did molest.
Church leaders never dialed 9-1-1, it was always the victims and their families.
unbelievable!
Shame on them!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#459225 Jul 5, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.themediareport.com/fast-facts/ IT'S NOT ABOUT CATHOLIC PRIESTS
FACT: Catholic priests abuse at a rate far lower than that of other males in the general population.
Read more
Newsweek magazine, April 7, 2010:
Missing and Exploited Children …
"Experts disagree on the rate of sexual abuse among the general American male population, but Allen says a conservative estimate is one in 10. Margaret Leland Smith, a researcher at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, says her review of the numbers indicates it’s closer to one in 5 …
"Since the mid-1980s, insurance companies have offered sexual misconduct coverage as a rider on liability insurance, and their own studies indicate that Catholic churches are not higher risk than other congregations … It's been that way for decades."
USA Today, June 6, 2010:
"If anyone believes that priests offend at a higher rate than teachers or non-celibate clergy, then they should produce the evidence on which they are basing that conclusion. I know of none. Saying 'everybody knows' does not constitute scientific methodology."
– Dr. Philip Jenkins, Pennsylvania State University.
2THE GRAND CONSPIRACY THAT WASN'T
FACT: You would never know it from the media's lurid coverage, but the vast bulk of reported cases of abuse stem only from a historical anomaly, as most allegations occurred during only a small sliver of time during the Sexual Revolution from the 1960s to the early 1980s. And despite media suggestions of dark conspiracies and cover-ups, the Church – like every other institution at the time – simply followed the then-prevailing view of experts in the field that offenders could be successfully rehabilitated and sent accused priests off for treatment, rather than reporting them to police, which resulted in a temporary spike in recidivism.
Read more
Catholic Church Abuse Graph 1970-2009
From the 1950s through the 1970s, the Catholic Church, following the then-prevailing societal practice, sent suspected abusers to psychologists rather than calling the police.
In this respect, the Church was far from alone.
When the Church was sending accused priests to psychological treatment, "the criminal justice system was doing the very same thing with convicted offenders – sending them to treatment instead of prison."
"From the 1950's to the 1980's, these treatment-based interventions for sexual criminals were not only enormously prevalent in the United States, but surveys of ordinary citizens showed that they were enormously popular …
"[T]he science of human sexuality and sexual offending is extraordinarily young. Virtually all of the information we utilize today regarding the treatment and supervision of sexual offenders has been discovered since 1985."
– Dr. Monica Applewhite, Ph.D.
Yet in almost every media account, the media has failed to provide this important historical context that the Church was following the then-reigning advice of experts in the field to send accused priests to treatment.
"No one would hold a brain surgeon to today's standard of care for professional decisions he made in 1970. Yet the decisions made in 1970 by Catholic bishops, who routinely consulted with mental health professionals about sick priests, are being judged by today's standards. Today, the confidence of the mental health community about the likelihood of curing sexual disorders is far less than it was in 1970."
– L. Martin Nussbaum, "Changing the Rules" (America magazine, 2006)
Yet these 149 men represent only one-tenth of one percent of all priests who served in the Catholic Church in the United States between 1950 and 2002. Most accused priests (56%) have been the subject of only one allegation.
3THE REAL NEWS: CURRENT ACCUSATIONS AGAINST CATHOLIC PRIESTS ARE EXTREMELY RARE
And you guys believe this candy coated poison?? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min dollarsbill 2,949
I Want a Chick to Kickme In The Balls (May '11) 3 min josh 15
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Paul Porter1 825,019
O.J. Simpson's 'last attempt' to call Paula B... 4 min Doctor REALITY 4
Poll Biggest Liar on topix is 11 min Hingle McCringleb... 0
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min Paul Porter1 611,754
Scientific proof for God's existence 16 min Doctor REALITY 810
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,792
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 hr Blagoja 442,391
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 14 hr puspamishra130 190