Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
442,961 - 442,980 of 533,460 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Jews who walked with Jesus and joined His new religion would disagree.
You wouldn't just happen to be a Catholic ... would you???

Silly!

To claim that Jesus supports your Catholicism and works in Catholic confessionals means that if he lived he became a traitor to Judaism and his own people.

I suggest we all know what would you think of the pope if he became a Protestant. Well that is what the faithful Jews would have thought of Jesus, if he had become a supporter of Catholicism.

You can see it ... but you don't want to see it, as you place very high value on that word "salvation."

Religion is bunk!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
Battling Ego
Is YOUR ego still UP for preaching words that supposedly came straight from a god???

:)

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph Smith was a casualty of the Bible alone movement.
It's just as possible that he received new revelations from a god, as that the early Catholics received new revelations from a god.

Let's be fair. Either god spoke to all of those "prophets" or to none of them.

My guess is, that no god or goddess ever spoke to humans. It was just a "matter" of egos gone wild.
Wendy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

True religion does not condone molestation of millions of kiddies.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Popes instigated the idea into gullible minds that a god wanted heretics and witches put to death ... and the people believed it, as they didn't question that the pope might not be speaking for a god at all.

Ignorance is NOT bliss.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

we not care for nice lips and nice words.its some they judged you nice and killed you nice way..
it is written
they not honor me less love me..its lips
Anthony MN

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

OldJG wrote:
Salvation is not obtained by good works, but by living faith in Christ and His finished work. Ephesians 2:8-9, 8 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast." The Roman Catholic church teaches people that their salvation depends primarily on themselves, and that it is of works. It puts people under a system of endless rules and obligations. Those under law are not under grace.(Galatians 5:4; Romans 6:14). Unlike the early Christians John wrote to, a Roman Catholic cannot "know" that he "has" eternal life.(1 John 5:12,13).
I Timothy 2:5-6, 5 "For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time." To believe we need priests, saints, Mary or anyone to get to God except Jesus Christ is heresy. It means to disbelieve God's Word and create our own religious system. It is to invite spiritual deception. It takes away from the centrality of Jesus Christ.
God said that beside him there is no other Savior. Isaiah 43:11, "I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no savior." This certainly tells us Mary is not a Savior, in spite of what popes and priests have taught by word and example for centuries! No wonder many Muslims think that Christians believe that Mary is part of the Trinity. Millions of Roman Catholics treat her as a Savior and as a goddess.(The same spirit that led the Hebrew women into the idolatrous worship of the "Queen of Heaven" is responsible for the Mariology of today's Roman Catholics. Jeremiah 44:17-19)
Mary had other children after Jesus according to the Scriptures (yet only Jesus had a virgin birth). "Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?" (Matthew 13:55-56) See also Matthew 12:46-49; Mark 3:31-34; Mark 6:3; Luke 8:19-21; John 7:5; 1 Corinthians 9:5, Jude 1. The prime example was James, the brother of Jesus, became the leader of the church in Jerusalem!(Acts 15:13; compare Acts 12:2 - a different James)
The Bible nowhere teaches that Mary was sinless , as it does concerning Jesus. On the contrary, the Bible says that "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
God forbids the bowing down to graven images and pictures in the Ten Commandments!(Exodus 20:4). The Roman Catholic church has tried to change this commandment, but it remains in the Bible for all to read. This is idolatry. This idolatry has brought spiritual blindness upon multitudes.
The Mass taught by the Roman Catholic church is idolatry and blasphemy. To worship something, like a cracker, which is not God is idolatry. To call something which is not God to be God is blasphemy.
Baptism does not make you a Christian. The disciples were first called Christians in Antioch (Acts 11:26). There is no Biblical evidence the disciples were baptized. You need to be a disciple of Jesus before you have Biblical right to call yourself a Christian. Why did Paul say that Christ did not send him to baptize, but to preach the gospel?(1 Corinthians 1:17).
No church on earth can be rightly called our mother. Galatians 4:26, "But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother." Rome was prophesied by John in the Book of Revelation chapter 17, and is described as "The Mother of Harlots and of the Abominations of the Earth". Revelation 17:9, "This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated;". Rome has seven hills!
"a man is justified by works and not by faith alone"

Where does Revelation say Rome is "The Mother of Harlots and of the Abominations of the Earth"?

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

When I was under the spell of religion, I used to believe that God was real and had influence over my life.

After I left religion, I understood that from childhood on I was simply trained to believe that way.

Religion is very self-serving and creates nothing but trouble among the varying cults who are trained to defend only their own dogmas at all costs.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Wendy wrote:
What IS a true religion? Is it one that brags to be a favorite of a god?

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Pierre Berton … Starting Out 1920-1947

As religious editor I lost the final shreds of a tattered faith. I covered the major sermons of the day or at least procured transcripts or briefs, interviewed evangelists and priests, and came to the conclusion that religion was bunk. As Clem Davies, the local Bible thumper, told the press in a rare piece of off-the-record candour:“Boys, I found there was money in this God stuff.”
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Creator not created you for any wicket sabath
as well Creator not created you for suffering..
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

If you can't be a relatively kind human without religion, it is my guess you certainly won't be at all kind when you get a taste of religion.

Power corrupts and when preachers grab those "holy" books and start right-fighting ... as history proved again and again ... trouble is sure to follow.
Clay

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't just happen to be a Catholic ... would you???
Silly!
To claim that Jesus supports your Catholicism and works in Catholic confessionals means that if he lived he became a traitor to Judaism and his own people.
I suggest we all know what would you think of the pope if he became a Protestant. Well that is what the faithful Jews would have thought of Jesus, if he had become a supporter of Catholicism.
You can see it ... but you don't want to see it, as you place very high value on that word "salvation."
Religion is bunk!
I can see it just fine. There is no doubt the Jews in the first century saw Christians as 'Protestants' so to speak.

Religion is bunk you say?
I think most religions point people in the right direction. But there can only be one fullness of truth. I see no reason to believe that the Catholic Church is not who they say they are.
I was raised Catholic, but unlike many, I tried to move away from Catholicism. I desperately wanted what the born agains were preaching. I wanted to believe that the religion I grew up in was bogus so I could justify my new approach to life.
But that truth thing can be a real pain in the ass.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
Having been under the spell of religion I am fully aware of the fuzzy warm emotions that comfort a believer in the idea that a creator is a buddy to whom one can confide feelings of despair and joy.
But when I would step back and observe the harm caused by religious right-righters, suddenly the fussy warmth mattered no more.
I studied for years and the more I studied, the more I found religion as a whole sadly lacking in substance and having no bearing on nailing down absolute truth whatsoever.
Religion is bunk!
By the MOST part, people of any particular belief system are so because their family jammed it down their throats from infancy.

Born to a catholic or protestant family at 55 main street anytown america you were indoctrinated into Jesus being the one to worship, with the attitude "we are right and you are not"

Born to a Muslim family across the street at 56 main street anytown america one is taught to believe Allah is who we worship above all.

Religious belief is just a hand-me-down family tradition to appease mom and dad, as they appeased their parents and grandparents who came before.

Very few people today find religion on their own. Many who do leave their family faith often pay the price of being SHUNNED by their own family for not carrying the religious banner of their families faith.

.......very sad!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see it just fine. There is no doubt the Jews in the first century saw Christians as 'Protestants' so to speak.
I think most religions point people in the right direction. But there can only be one fullness of truth. I see no reason to believe that the Catholic Church is not who they say they are.
I was raised Catholic, but unlike many, I tried to move away from Catholicism. I desperately wanted what the born agains were preaching. I wanted to believe that the religion I grew up in was bogus so I could justify my new approach to life.
Clay says..........I can see it just fine. There is no doubt the Jews in the first century saw Christians as 'Protestants' so to speak.

Michael says.......Don't forget, the man you worship according to scriptures ONLY! was a jew for his entire earthly life, loving and practing his jewish faith, then became a traitor to his life long jewish belief leaving behind many of those who also believed in their jewish faith as he did. Dumping your life long loving belief system is not the work of any all loving God.

......something is wrong Clay!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
If you can't be a relatively kind human without religion, it is my guess you certainly won't be at all kind when you get a taste of religion.
Power corrupts and when preachers grab those "holy" books and start right-fighting ... as history proved again and again ... trouble is sure to follow.
Right this minute jails/prisons in america are full of christians.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>

Clay says......I think most religions point people in the right direction. But there can only be one fullness of truth

Clay says......I think most religions point people in the right direction. But there can only be one fullness of truth.

Michael says........REALLY!

Todays news: Your church leaders.......America's most senior Catholic cleric obtained permission from the Vatican to move US $57 million of church funds into a trust to shield it from sexual abuse victims seeking compensation.

Catholic churh leaders hiding church funds so victims could not get what is rightfully theirs.

So much for your hirearchy being TRUTHFUL and HONEST Clay. Total disgust,

.... and catholics will remain SILENT about this issue as usual.

Why do you Clay continue to accept what your church leaders do?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I think most religions point people in the right direction.
Then why did the Catholics put all those in other religions to death as heretics?

You refuse to think on your own, and that onus is on you.

As did so many others you sold your self OUT for that one word ... salvation.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Right this minute jails/prisons in america are full of christians.
Christians were taught that Jesus took care of all their "sins."

That gave them a message that they had a free pass to heaven even if they committed horrible crimes against other humans on earth.

Imagine putting homosexuals to death as god-offenders because it was written in a book of supposed truth.

Their crimes against other humans continue as though the crimes are justified by a god.

Religion is horrible stuff!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Wendy wrote:
It was always the victims and their families who called 9-1-1. Thousands of priests/bishops kept these dirty secrets to themselves, all the while standing up in the pulpit at every mass pointing their fingers at the followers for the trivial sins they might commit.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

636 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min An NFL Fan 115,590
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Aura Mytha 224,564
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 min bottom1980 424
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 16 min andet1987 5,269
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min Aura Mytha 256,931
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 25 min thewordofme 722,020
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 25 min yon 1,592
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr reree 86
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 3 hr evanssean 122