Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the Jul 10, 2007, CBC News story titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#458980 Jul 4, 2013
Sodom and Gomorrah are full of wickedness..
Is your science there?..yep
https://www.google.com.au/search...
https://www.google.com.au/search...
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458981 Jul 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That is why there is a DAY of Judgment June.Just because people claim to be Christian and they murder at will,and destroy many people because they abhor them,it does not bar them from the wrath to come.
Many claim things that they are not.But I cannot answer for the years of historical carnage against any type or group of people.I know what I believe from the Word.It is obvious to me that Jesus is the most perfect and loving Master of the human heart,a great Shepherd who would lay His life down for His sheep.He is opposite of what so many who represent Him do,which is righteous indignation or evil against others they do not understand or hate.
You want to blame Jesus for what so many have done in His Name.Well we can blame Jesus,but that does not change the fact that He lived in humility,was hated of men,despised,and rejected,and laid down His life for our sins.That is not a person who inspires evil linching,forcing people from their homes,and destroying whole races of people.The same cowards who kill and use His holy Name to condone their acts,will meet Him face to face and find out everything He said about His Father's wrath was true.
Jews have known suffering since God chose them,from their ranks we have seen the greatest men and women who proved by their actions that God is Great and greatly to be praised.Faith in the true God was begun by the Jews,and we know that no group on earth has known God in the way the Hebrews experienced Him.If I was with a group who watched the parting of a sea to save us from annihilation, I can't tell you how awesome that would be.
The Jews are the physical glory of God on earth who are still here,and He will use them in the last days to confound the wicked in their plans to destroy them.The Jewish Arab struggle will be solved,but not without great upheavel.Thank God,that He is still on the throne,He will bring the Jews to a place where they will know He chose them,and His plans incude their greatness on the earth.BUT He loves the Arabs too,and many of them are coming to Him in droves.
Only God can prove to the homosexual how much He loves them,many gays are finding out they need God,and they are resistant to Him,because they believe God rejects them.It is a hard issue,and to my estimation one of the hardest areas of human conflict in the world today.
Christians are God's plan to make the world aware of His Spiritual design for us all,in spite of our history,and He will use Christians in these times to show His glory,the fact we are divided is because of our sins,not so much our theology.The RCCh claims that it is the one to unite us all,but their sins are what has divided us all through the centuries.Prots have their sins as well,liberalism amongst them will be their curse in the end.continued:
wonderful post Pad.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#458982 Jul 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your post here strikes a helpless cord in me,and I would agree with you,I could
The society along with so many health care indthe truth is it is far better that women who ignore God should use contraception,rather than abort an unwanted baby.
You hit the nail on the head there ,Pad.

I came on Topix to post on an abortion forum.

When I was sixteen ..thought it was love..We would get married.was in the sixties...No contraception..No knowledge if a darn thing.

Was love so why nit..only five months til we got married when I graduated ..the thing to do back then.

Go t pregnant..guess what ..He was a fool ...And I was left..almost got kicked out of school ..had to move out of my house ..So grammatically would not find out.

I wanted to let others know ..I thank my Lord Jesus that there was at the time no Roe decision..I was far from religion at the tIMe..And I pray THAT I would never have done such an awful thing..But let me tell you..m y boyfriend would have welcomed it..judging by His actions which I will skip.

It was my sin..for sure ..But as,soon as I felt him move ..He became real to me ...He was a baby..m y child and I talked to him every night.

By Gods grace he went to a good family...real secretive then.I mean realm y secret ...not like today..everything locked away .But the thing is..30plus years later..by a series of interactions that to me at e God's hand in m y life..We met..I went to his wedding and was at the hospital the d a y after my grand child was born.

Had I aborted my child there would h a v e been no life for that boy..

And I know that as soon as I was pregnant and felt the life of my second child ..it would have just about killed me to t think of the life I ended.

They tell women today it's just a clump of cells but it's a lie..It's a baby formed in the womb by God.

Pro choice people see only the woman..And most are sincere in Belo e f.

But I see the woman ..girl as well as her baby ..They are both victims of a lie..perpetrated by politicians and groups paying them ..using talking points and euphemisms.

We have come so far ..know so much..But half these women do nit even try contraception.some are irresponsible..some have no education on just what to d o..the men too need it just as much as the women .

And yet the Catholic s..God bless them think contraception is wrong..But call it ND O it's just fine..They are birth control ..barriers of no eggs or different times of the month..

And abortion is the great Sin that could be prevented.

Yes educate teens to respect their persons by all means..But kids are foolish ..And there is peer pressure..And little luves list and diseases that can affect th.......she takes the Eucharist is out on picket lines trying to talk to pregnant women.

But judging women who chose adoption ..also judging a woman who had an abortion decades ago..

And of course no contraception..it's a sin while 800 thousand abortions go on

Attitudes like this supposedly Godly woman's are one reason women seek abortion..to hide in the first place from bring judged.

SORRY TO unload here but I have never been so angry as at this backward thought.

My Saviour forgives

And loves me despite my many mistakes ...

And your lovely post from a man's view brought all this out .

She says I should keep my past to.myself.

Well I have shared it many times..written it out and Sen t it to my favorite Crisis center ..And another Catholic one..had a l in k to a website I had made from my old ISP.

DO I want this secret ...NO

IF I could I influence one girl not to abort ..to make the sacrifice ..despite how hard it is...and despite judgemental do called Christians

IT WOULD BE WORTH BARING MY SOUL .

HOLIER THAN THOU PEOPLE fill the earth ..That is why Religion can be harmful andcthiscperdon..holy and Catholic is a disgrace ..

But belief I n your heart and soul on your Saviuir Jesus Christ

Is no t religion it's FAITH AND HAS NO DENOMINatION..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458983 Jul 4, 2013
Though I am not a supporter of the Catholic church,I often see where they are accused of being the church where the Anti-Christ will rise, namely in their Pope. I need to take some time out to demonatrate from scripture that the Pope cannot be the AC given the description from scripture of what the AC is gonna do when he arise. In Daniel 4:17 we are given a description of some of the things he will be able to do and then in Revelation 13 we are given further description of what the AC will be able to do. In one verse we shown that the AC will be able to call fire from heaven etc. Now unless the Pope can do this then he is NOT the AC that is described in scripture. Though the Pope of the RCC may well be "AN" Anti-Christ, he is not "THE" ANTI-CHRIST.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458984 Jul 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Though I am not a supporter of the Catholic church,I often see where they are accused of being the church where the Anti-Christ will rise, namely in their Pope. I need to take some time out to demonatrate from scripture that the Pope cannot be the AC given the description from scripture of what the AC is gonna do when he arise. In Daniel 4:17 we are given a description of some of the things he will be able to do and then in Revelation 13 we are given further description of what the AC will be able to do. In one verse we shown that the AC will be able to call fire from heaven etc. Now unless the Pope can do this then he is NOT the AC that is described in scripture. Though the Pope of the RCC may well be "AN" Anti-Christ, he is not "THE" ANTI-CHRIST.
Oops. Made a little faux pas here folks. I stated Daniel 4:17 in my post above gave an idea of what the Anti-Christ would be doing when he airse but it's not Daniel 4:17 but rathere Daniel 8:23. Sorry bout the mistake. Daniel 4 though does give insight to an entity referred to as a TREE. Compare the lesson I was giving a few days ago when I linked to Ezekiel 31 that describes yet another "TREE" that I pointed out to you guys was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil AKA.........SATAN, THE SERPENT.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458985 Jul 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>That is why there is a DAY of Judgment June.Just because people claim to be Christian and they murder at will,and destroy many people because they abhor them,it does not bar them from the wrath to come.
Many claim things that they are not.But I cannot answer for the years of historical carnage against any type or group of people.I know what I believe from the Word.It is obvious to me that Jesus is the most perfect and loving Master of the human heart,a great Shepherd who would lay His life down for His sheep.He is opposite of what so many who represent Him do,which is righteous indignation or evil against others they do not understand or hate.
You want to blame Jesus for what so many have done in His Name.Well we can blame Jesus,but that does not change the fact that He lived in humility,was hated of men,despised,and rejected,and laid down His life for our sins.That is not a person who inspires evil linching,forcing people from their homes,and destroying whole races of people.The same cowards who kill and use His holy Name to condone their acts,will meet Him face to face and find out everything He said about His Father's wrath was true.
Jews have known suffering since God chose them,from their ranks we have seen the greatest men and women who proved by their actions that God is Great and greatly to be praised.Faith in the true God was begun by the Jews,and we know that no group on earth has known God in the way the Hebrews experienced Him.If I was with a group who watched the parting of a sea to save us from annihilation, I can't tell you how awesome that would be.
The Jews are the physical glory of God on earth who are still here,and He will use them in the last days to confound the wicked in their plans to destroy them.The Jewish Arab struggle will be solved,but not without great upheavel.Thank God,that He is still on the throne,He will bring the Jews to a place where they will know He chose them,and His plans incude their greatness on the earth.BUT He loves the Arabs too,and many of them are coming to Him in droves.
Only God can prove to the homosexual how much He loves them,many gays are finding out they need God,and they are resistant to Him,because they believe God rejects them.It is a hard issue,and to my estimation one of the hardest areas of human conflict in the world today.
Christians are God's plan to make the world aware of His Spiritual design for us all,in spite of our history,and He will use Christians in these times to show His glory,the fact we are divided is because of our sins,not so much our theology.The RCCh claims that it is the one to unite us all,but their sins are what has divided us all through the centuries.Prots have their sins as well,liberalism amongst them will be their curse in the end.continued:
I am waiting for your reply....

The Holy Trinity before Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit...

The Holy Trinity while Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the incarnate Son, the Holy Spirit..

The Holy Trinity after Christ ascended into Heaven: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.

Show me the Holy Trinity....at any time that shows Jesus Christ as being God....

Location hidden

#458986 Jul 4, 2013
Pad wrote:
Whadda bouit Pad?????????

And Pad......

Do you deny that these verses teach that Christ is the Son of God???

As Scripture teaches:
But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

Then, after speaking in many and varied ways through the prophets, "now at last in these days God has spoken to us in His Son":(Heb. 1:1-2).
For He sent His Son, the eternal Word, who enlightens all men, so that He might dwell among men and tell them of the innermost being of God (see John 1:1-18).

Jesus Christ, therefore, the Word made flesh, was sent as "a man to men." He "speaks the words of God" (John 3;34), and completes the work of salvation which His Father gave Him to do (see John 5:36; John 17:4)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#458987 Jul 4, 2013
"RoSesz"
When I was sixteen ..thought it was love..We would get married.was in the sixties...No contraception..No knowledge if a darn thing.
Was love so why nit..only five months til we got married when I graduated ..the thing to do back then.
Go t pregnant..guess what ..He was a fool ...And I was left..almost got kicked out of school ..had to move out of my house ..So grammatically would not find out.
I wanted to let others know ..I thank my Lord Jesus that there was at the time no Roe decision..I was far from religion at the tIMe..And I pray THAT I would never have done such an awful thing..But let me tell you..m y boyfriend would have welcomed it..judging by His actions which I will skip.
It was my sin..for sure ..But as,soon as I felt him move ..He became real to me ...He was a baby..m y child and I talked to him every night.
By Gods grace he went to a good family...real secretive then.I mean realm y secret ...not like today..everything locked away .But the thing is..30plus years later..by a series of interactions that to me at e God's hand in m y life..We met..I went to his wedding and was at the hospital the d a y after my grand child was born.
And I know that as soon as I was pregnant and felt the life of my second child ..it would have just about killed me to t think of the life I ended.
They tell women today it's just a clump of cells but it's a lie..It's a baby formed in the womb by God.
But I see the woman ..girl as well as her baby ..They are both victims of a lie..perpetrated by politicians and groups paying them ..using talking points and euphemisms.
We have come so far ..know so much..But half these women do nit even try contraception.some are irresponsible..some have no education on just what to d o..the men too need it just as much as the women .
And yet the Catholic s..God bless them think contraception is wrong..But call it ND O it's just fine..They are birth control ..barriers of no eggs or different times of the month..
Yes educate teens to respect their persons by all means..But kids are foolish ..And there is peer pressure..And little luves list and diseases that can affect th.......she takes the Eucharist is out on picket lines trying to talk to pregnant women.
But judging women who chose adoption ..also judging a woman who had an abortion decades ago..
Attitudes like this supposedly Godly woman's are one reason women seek abortion..to hide in the first place from bring judged.
SORRY TO unload here but I have never been so angry as at this backward thought.
My Saviour forgives
Well I have shared it many times..written it out and Sen t it to my favorite Crisis center ..And another Catholic one..had a l in k to a website I had made from my old ISP.
IF I could I influence one girl not to abort ..to make the sacrifice ..despite how hard it is...and despite judgemental do called Christians
HOLIER THAN THOU PEOPLE fill the earth ..That is why Religion can be harmful andcthiscperdon..holy and Catholic is a disgrace ..

And this Catholic woman. tells me I am selfish to give up.my child to adoption ..Is like no Christian I know

And I pray the Catholic church has not fallen that far
says women of the sixties BEFIRE the pill who don't wait are branded

Location hidden

#458988 Jul 4, 2013

Would a Catholic share with me the message in the following:

Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#458989 Jul 4, 2013
"RoSesz"
My Saviour forgives

And this Catholic woman. tells me I am selfish to give up.my child to adoption ..Is like no Christian I know

And I pray the Catholic church has not fallen that far
says women of the sixties BEFIRE the pill who don't wait are branded ..And that is wrong

Jesus saves

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458990 Jul 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Trinity before Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit...
The Holy Trinity while Christ was incarnated: God the Father, the incarnate Son, the Holy Spirit..
The Holy Trinity after Christ ascended into Heaven: God the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.
Show me the Holy Trinity....at any time that shows Jesus Christ as being God....
Well now Christ is called God in the scriptures. Even Thomas, one of His disciples called Him God.
marge

Ames, IA

#458991 Jul 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oops. Made a little faux pas here folks. I stated Daniel 4:17 in my post above gave an idea of what the Anti-Christ would be doing when he airse but it's not Daniel 4:17 but rathere Daniel 8:23. Sorry bout the mistake. Daniel 4 though does give insight to an entity referred to as a TREE. Compare the lesson I was giving a few days ago when I linked to Ezekiel 31 that describes yet another "TREE" that I pointed out to you guys was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil AKA.........SATAN, THE SERPENT.
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

The above is a done deal Tony for all of us, we have no excuse but to receive Jesus and follow Him. Love you Blessings.

Location hidden

#458992 Jul 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My Saviour forgives
0126 edit for space

Rosesz!!!!! Why are you not talking to me??????

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually GOD said thousands,shalt not EAT of it.
Adam threw in the NOT TOUCH..And thus when the serpent touched it and did not die..the door was open for Eve yo doubtlessly ADAM told her God said..
------

You got my curiosity....

Where are you finding info that God actually said: thousands,shalt not EAT of it.

Where are you finding info that the serpent touch the tree...
marge

Ames, IA

#458993 Jul 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
Would a Catholic share with me the message in the following:
Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
not a catholic but, This is about His heavenly hosts, angels, and His ministers in the desert even, we might even entertain an angel from heaven here on earth.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458994 Jul 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow my friend, what will you do with the following scripture is Christ is not God?

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

If Christ is not God then why did He receive worship from the angels? The angels were ordered to worship Him. Isn't only deities supposed to be worshipped? Hmmmm!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#458995 Jul 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
"RoSesz"
...It was my sin...
I see no sin.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458996 Jul 4, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:
What is the difference between knowing about evil ( AS ALL THE HEAVENLY HOST DID) and actually committing evil acts ( AS ONLY SATAN AKA the tree of the knowledge of good and evil did)?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#458997 Jul 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>....The angels were ordered to worship Him....
Ton, give that statement a little thought.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458998 Jul 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ton, give that statement a little thought.
Did you read Hebrews 1:6? KJV. It stated...LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM. Then in verse 8 Christ was called a God. It stated...Thy throne "O God" is forever. The verse was referring to Christ.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458999 Jul 4, 2013
And why did Thomas refer to Christ as """MY LORD AND MY """"GOD """"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 4 min tarale 1,361
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 6 min sangili karuppan 6,309
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min WasteWater 270,683
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 8 min WasteWater 5,801
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 9 min WasteWater 3,622
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min PELE78 828,867
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 37 min thetruth 9,344
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Peace_Warrior 611,843
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 hr karl44 442,889
More from around the web