Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
442,741 - 442,760 of 532,930 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
Americas prisons are filled with rapists and murderers and many of them were raised by Christian parents.
You religious ones always favor pointing outward at nasty stuff and pointing at your selves as HOLY-ones.
Silly people NEED religion to puff their egos to grandiose proportions.
June:

I suppose the point is that a person is affected by the society in which they live. And being part of the Commonwealth, you may deny it, but you exhibit its schizophrenic response concerning Islam. Modern Britain more or less denies religion, so that it can contain religion. And you do this as well.

Christians consider themselves as being sinners, and unworthy of God's Gift. No ego involved. What you want to see, is what you see.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Yesterday I asked the question and I see that no "answer" was forthcoming.
I will ask it again and see if any of you devout religious believers will respond.
Do any of you believe that without religion ... you would be evil???
~~~

It is quite evident ....You ask loaded questions...because you want

to make conversation...

Evidently you don't read the answers...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Marge--but you and Confrinting---"KNOW NOTHING" when it comes to the Apparitions at Fatima!!! I've been there and experienced the revelation!! JETHRO:13th of October 1917, YOU WERE THERE HOJO? GEEEEEZZZZ HOW OLD ARE YOU? 100 WHAT?
~~~
I don't deal in fairy tales fantasy..and novel subjects..

They don't empress me..

Joh_8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Joh_8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

lapsteel wrote:
Although I have grown to believe that a large part of the Roman Catholic organized religion is more about power and control than spiritual enlightenment, it is difficult and sometimes emotionally disturbing for me to think that everything about organized religion is corrupt. Coupled with the evangelical and fundementalist view of scripture, it would appear that evil has it's hooks firmly implanted in our spiritual development. When I consider the dark side of the "organized" church, I turn to the new testament and remember the ways of Jesus. He was forgiving and his gospel is love. Although I am having my own personal issues with same sex marriage, Jesus calls us not to be judgemental, to love, to forgive, even our enemies. I'm stuck with this human condition and can only try harder.
evil has it's hooks firmly implanted in our spiritual development. When I consider the dark side of the "organized" church,JETHRO: AND HOLDING THOSE HOOKS IS MAN. same sex marriage, who cares, does it impact your life in anyway? not religiously, but just your Dailey life? if it doesn't why care or worry about it? like every thing else it's a money maker, marriage licenses cost money and nobody loves that word more than religious groups and politicians, and once the catholic church see's other churches who have excepted same sex marriages, and start making money, the catholic church will change their stand on same sex marriages. you wait, watch an learn.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
All preachers preach what the gods WANT us to believe, how we must behave, how we must not behave, and how we will be rewarded, or punished.
Religious preachers are scam-artists. They come in disguises as tellers of truth.
You will never hear such preachers say "I don't know the answers ... I just have questions."
~~~

You should know you from personal experience have preached 56,828 sermons

and commentaries on the web...and still going strong...

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

nap time, be back later.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text> evil has it's hooks firmly implanted in our spiritual development. When I consider the dark side of the "organized" church,JETHRO: AND HOLDING THOSE HOOKS IS MAN. same sex marriage, who cares, does it impact your life in anyway? not religiously, but just your Dailey life? if it doesn't why care or worry about it? like every thing else it's a money maker, marriage licenses cost money and nobody loves that word more than religious groups and politicians, and once the catholic church see's other churches who have excepted same sex marriages, and start making money, the catholic church will change their stand on same sex marriages. you wait, watch an learn.
~~~

God made earth Holy with out the pollution of sin

The whole earth reacts to sin. and it effects all inhabitants...

It convulses with earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes,plagues

Volcanic eruptions etc...

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

who="jethro8" Science has never disproved anything in the Bible and it never will.....jethro: that's not quite true LT,it has proven no great flood took place, the massacre of thousands of new born's by herod never took place, the earth is older than 10,000 yrs. which religion states it is, it's million/billions of years old, dino's and man never lived side by side, except the wooly mammoth, and lacking the technology, we can't prove if anything in the sea was alive the same time man was except the whale, sharks, whale-sharks, anything else would be a guess right now until something is found.... continued.

Jethro...you are reading too many 'modern' history books. People of this century are imagining what went on thousands of years ago.

Archaeologists are turning up new proofs continually. You say that Herod never murdered the babies? And you have PROOF? Funny, your only 'proof' is that you don't have any proof...either way!

Pharoah's chariot wheels have been found in the Red Sea. Abraham's home city of UR was recently uncovered by archaeologists.

Keep your eyes open. It ain't over till it's over...

KayMarie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Evidently the Roman Catholics believe that the redemption of the body takes place when some one dies..

The believe that the dead are in the presence of Jesus

as mediators between Him and themselves..

Question

What profit is it to die and go to be with God

if one has to continually be aware of the ungodliness and sin upon the earth...

That would not be heaven,,,

Heaven is supposed to where

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

In religion, pride comes before the admittance of "I don't know the answers. I only know what I have been taught to believe by other humans."

Devotees to the cults are warned of such pride, but because they are IN religion they don't perceive that their preaching stems FROM pride.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible Verses About Dinosaurs
Bible Verses About Dinosaurs from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance
- Sort By Book Order
Job 40:15-24 - Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.(Read More...)
Isaiah 27:1 - In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that [is] in the sea.
Job 40:15 - Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
Psalms 104:26 - There go the ships:[there is] that leviathan,[whom] thou hast made to play therein.
Job 41:1-34 - Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord [which] thou lettest down?(Read More...)
Genesis 1:24-31 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.(Read More...)
Romans 8:20-22 - For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,(Read More...)
Psalms 104:1-35 - Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.(Read More...)
Genesis 7:8-9 - Of clean beasts, and of beasts that [are] not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,(Read More...)
Genesis 7:2-3 - Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female.(Read More...)
Genesis 6:14-20 - Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.(Read More...)
Genesis 6:13 - And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Genesis 3:14-19 - And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:(Read More...)
Genesis 3:1-7 - Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?(Read More...)
Genesis 1:29-30 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.(Read More...)
Psalms 104:25 -[So is] this great and wide sea, wherein [are] things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
Job 40:1-24 - Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,(Read More...)
Genesis 1:1-31 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.(Read More...)
Some scripture references/categories courtesy of Open Bible .info under CC BY 3.0
behemoth: a water-ox, i.e. the hippopotamus or Nile- horse:--Behemoth.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
I suppose the point is that a person is affected by the society in which they live. And being part of the Commonwealth, you may deny it, but you exhibit its schizophrenic response concerning Islam. Modern Britain more or less denies religion, so that it can contain religion. And you do this as well.
Christians consider themselves as being sinners, and unworthy of God's Gift. No ego involved. What you want to see, is what you see.
Maybe you could try addressing the content of what I posted.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
What's your point?
Americas prisons are filled with rapists and murderers and many of them were raised by Christian parents.
You religious ones always favor pointing outward at nasty stuff and pointing at your selves as HOLY-ones.
Silly people NEED religion to puff their egos to grandiose proportions.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

I barely escaped religion before I died.

Seventy years is a long time to be led around and around and around by conflicting theological baffle gas.

What a relief it's been to not have to cater to such ridiculous nonsense.

When I die, I will find out the truth ... or not!

But until then, my mind is at peace with the concept I have that religion is not at all necessary and it's more often than not the worst disturber of peace to even infect the human race.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
God made earth Holy with out the pollution of sin
The whole earth reacts to sin. and it effects all inhabitants...
Is THAT why the hornets are so mean as to sting me???

Were so fortunate to have you explain all those mysteries.

Silly blathering fool!!!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Had you never been taught religion ... would you be EVIL ... or would be just another mortal human trying to survive each day without being eaten or killed by another animal ... human or non-human???

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Did your "god" create this tree being fully aware that it would cause horrific suffering to non-human animals ... because humans sinned???

If you believe that, you are indeed a "willful" idiot!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The Grapple Tree (Harpagophytum procumbens) of South Africa produces a fearsome fruit called the “Devil’s Claw” which has been known to kill a lion. The fruit is covered in fierce hooks, which latch on to passing animals. In trying to shake the fruit off, the animal disperses the seeds but at the same time, the hooks sink deeper into the creature’s flesh. If the animal touches the fruit with its mouth, the fruit will attach itself to the animal’s jaw, inflicting great pain and preventing it from eating. Antelopes are usually the victims.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Evidently the Roman Catholics believe that the redemption of the body takes place when some one dies..
The believe that the dead are in the presence of Jesus
as mediators between Him and themselves..
Question
What profit is it to die and go to be with God
if one has to continually be aware of the ungodliness and sin upon the earth...
That would not be heaven,,,
Heaven is supposed to where
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
AMEN

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

I watched a program about a young woman who survived a horrific life in war-torn Bosnia. She escaped to America where she found a job cleaning rooms in an upscale hotel. She worked hard, was well accepted and respected by other staff and felt safe in her new environment.

A man who previously worked at that same establishment as a maintenance man broke into a room where she was cleaning. He raped her first and then strangled her with a coat-hanger twisting it tighter and tighter around her neck.

He killed a few more women in other hotels before the police caught him and he is now incarcerated.

Such was the life of this poor woman who caught a glimmer of happiness before dying a horrible death.

The creator (according to theology) saw it all unfold and decided that as a sinner she deserved to suffer her horrible fate.

Stupid dogmas!!!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

Amon, or Amen (the mysterious), an Egyptian divinity, whose name occurs in that of No-amon. Nah 3:8. Amen was one of the eight gods of the first order, and chief of the triad of Thebes. He was worshipped at that city as Amen-Ra, or “Amen the Sun.”

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.

Mark Twain
- What is Man?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

711 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Krackerjacks 115,297
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Porkpie Hat 256,661
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 19 min It aint necessarily so 721,161
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Larry 599,096
Nine Eleven 23 min passing by 19
I Hate Satan [believers only} (Nov '08) 27 min Zazz 83
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 57 min shyam 503
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr bad bob 172,474
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr kalei 79