Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,135)

Showing posts 442,681 - 442,700 of513,497
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
"So how do Catholics differ from Koresh's followers"
Wow, I really don't know how to respond to that, Chuck. That's a very bizarre connection you're trying to make.
We Catholics follow the same Church who established the Bible.(382-417 AD)
The SDAs followed a man who took that Bible and read it and said he was the Messiah.
Now back to you and the authority you've bestowed upon yourself through private interpretations....
Book, chapter and verse where Christ wants you to determine His Ministry based on a particular set of Books?
It's only bizarre because you're neck deep in it Clay. The connection is both followers believe whatever the one leading them says.

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think June about your president Obama who is aiding the Morsi regime that wants to impose a Sharia gov.t on its people?Now the Egyptian people and their army are opposing the Muslim Brotherhood and Morsi,and Obama and Kerry are sending tear gas grenades to help Morsi to squelch demonstrations. It is sad that our president is everyday tearing our nation apart whether home or abroad.
Maybe YOU could run for President next time, and create your idea of a utopia on earth!

:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Such ignorance and narrow-mindedness is appalling ...
Certain individuals are declared saints by the Church because she has Christ's authority and therefore the capability of binding and losing, as given to Peter by Christ himself. Declaring someone a saint is not the result of capricious decisions in the Church or mind reading. Rather, the Church declares someone a saint after the exhaustive study of the person's life and the corroboration of miracles.
Bringing up the unrelated issue of Church scandals says much about your character: You cannot defend your position because it's not sed on truth. You have to attack the Church in order to validate your erroneous position, because you can certainly not do it based on truth, for you don't have it ...
I understand the rant but here is my question again...thanks

If the catholic leaders can determine a dead guy(Paul John Paul) was behind the healing of a woman half a world away two years ago, why didn't they know someone was stealing money and molesting boys????

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Every one has a sin nature June..And is in need of a Saviour
REALLY???

If you have been perfected by your belief in Jesus, your debt should be paid and done with ... shouldn't it???

Otherwise Jesus' supposed death was all in vain!

Silly dogmas.

Do you believe that without your religion you would be evil?

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Depending on which religious group ruled the kingdoms, through history, homosexuality went from being legal to being punishable by death and back to legality again.

Men gave the orders, and the imaginary gods simply obeyed.

Religion in a nutshell!

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace & Conflict … volume 2 ,,, Academic Press. Published 1999.

History of violence against homosexuals.

During the latter half of the 13th century, the pendulum regarding homosexuality swung from complete legality to punishment by death in most of Europe.
Vote for Pedro

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo entiendo....you are a catholic and never read the Bible.
Mary did not make the Word flesh since Jesus was already walking in the garden of Eden with Adam and Eve.
4gvn was merely making a comparison to explain the absurdity of Mary having the word in her belly.
Entiendes ignorame canto quieras.
Will someone get some fluids in this child? It is an emergency and should be done through an IV. He is now saying that the "Word was made flesh" in the garden of Eden. Wow, what a tragedy!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I would rather be shot in the head than to belong to such an organization of religious thugs.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace & Conflict … volume 2 ,,, Academic Press. Published 1999.

History of violence against homosexuals.

During the latter half of the 13th century, the pendulum regarding homosexuality swung from complete legality to punishment by death in most of Europe.

In Spain, the new law proscribed castration followed by death by hanging from the legs. In France, male sodomites were punishable by castration for the first offense, dismemberment for the second, and burning for the third, whereas women were punishable by dismemberment for the first and second offenses and burning for the third.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

A same-sex marriage between the two men Pedro Díaz and Muño Vandilaz in the Galician municipality of Rairiz de Veiga in Spain occurred on April 16, 1061. They were married by a priest at a small chapel. The historic documents about the church wedding were found at Monastery of San Salvador de Celanova.[61]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriag ...

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I suggest you keep in mind that heterosexuals could perform anal sex on their wives with no offense to a supposed god, as THEY were never tortured or put to death for their behavior by the men of the cloth.

Men made the rules and heterosexual men chose to use a bible to ply their hatred of homosexuals on innocent people.

THAT was the reason for their religion.

Only NOW do we hear some preachers of religion preaching that "god" loves homosexuals.

Centuries of torture and torment to innocent people by those in religion has taught most people nothing of value.

They cling to their organized crime-units as HOLY institutions.

What a shame!

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Although I have grown to believe that a large part of the Roman Catholic organized religion is more about power and control than spiritual enlightenment, it is difficult and sometimes emotionally disturbing for me to think that everything about organized religion is corrupt. Coupled with the evangelical and fundementalist view of scripture, it would appear that evil has it's hooks firmly implanted in our spiritual development. When I consider the dark side of the "organized" church, I turn to the new testament and remember the ways of Jesus. He was forgiving and his gospel is love. Although I am having my own personal issues with same sex marriage, Jesus calls us not to be judgemental, to love, to forgive, even our enemies. I'm stuck with this human condition and can only try harder.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Confrint,
Could you provide Book, chapter and verse where Christ tells us which Books to include in the Bible?
Why are the KJV the correct collection and the Orthodox and Catholic Churches Books are not?
~~~

.....YOU ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT

THE SUBJECT IS

( personally I do not believe the Roman Catholics ever compiled it)

WHY DID THE ROMAN CATHOLICS CLAIM TO COMPILE THE BIBLE AND

THEN SET ABOUT TO DISCLAIM IT?

WHY DO THEY NEED A SCRIPTURE (from the Bible)TO GIVE

CREDITABLE/validate...

TO the books ...THAT THE SUPPOSEDLY CANONIZED THEMSELVES?

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
"There is no verse in the Bible that says the Bible is the Word of God. NONE."
THE ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE A BUNCH OF INFIDELS...
THEY HAVE NO FAITH...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
THEY DO NOT HEAR THE WORD OF GOD....
THEY DO NOT BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD..
THEY SEARCH FEVERISHLY TO FIND A REASON NOT TO BE OBEDIENT TO THE WORD OF GOD
___
JUST WHAT IS A PREACHER SUPPOSED TO PREACH
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
2Ti_4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
___
JUST WHAT IS A PREACHER SUPPOSED TO STUDY..
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
___
I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOME ROMAN CATHOLIC WOULD TELL ME WHERE GOD
SAID
WRITE A CATECHISM...A BOOK...
THAT THEY HAVE REPLACED THE WORD OF GOD WITH...
HOW FOOLISH CAN A BUNCH OF INFIDELS GET?
Ummm, Gospel of John, verse 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Koresh's followers believed he had authority from God and therefore they believed everything he said (get this part)..."everything he said". Catholics do the samething with the vatican.
So how are they different?
No one mentioned benny hinn or lots of fundies.
Would you say the pope and Koresh are cult leaders???? Their followers look at them the same.
Your question is uninformed. I don't think you know the first thing about the Koresh cult. Catholics are obliged to believe the pope when he speaks ex cathedra.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Pad wrote:
<quoted text>What do you think June about your president Obama who is aiding the Morsi regime that wants to impose a Sharia gov.t on its people?Now the Egyptian people and their army are opposing the Muslim Brotherhood and Morsi,and Obama and Kerry are sending tear gas grenades to help Morsi to squelch demonstrations. It is sad that our president is everyday tearing our nation apart whether home or abroad.
,four billion promised to the Pales
tinians to upgrade their economy.

Like where are their rich neighbors doing that ..their kinsmen.

And what will that money be used for..I wonder
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
again here is the question...
the catholic leaders can determine a dead guy was behind the healing of a woman half a world away two years ago but they didn’t know someone was stealing money and molesting boys????
**Tony...I think we both know the intersession of pope john paul is bogus. I guess if you say it's not, you can answer my question. thanks
Here's the answer; Yes, they can declare Bl. John Paul is in heaven. No, the pope and the Vatican doesn't always know what happening in a parish under the supervision of a bishop on another continent.

Here's my question for you; Why do you think you have the authority to declare the old guy in your congregation who died last month and who was "saved" is in heaven (even though you have no clue about his personal life) and then turn around and mock the Catholic Church for declaring someone in heaven?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

who="lapsteel" Although I have grown to believe that a large part of the Roman Catholic organized religion is more about power and control than spiritual enlightenment, it is difficult and sometimes emotionally disturbing for me to think that everything about organized religion is corrupt. Coupled with the evangelical and fundementalist view of scripture, it would appear that evil has it's hooks firmly implanted in our spiritual development. When I consider the dark side of the "organized" church, I turn to the new testament and remember the ways of Jesus. He was forgiving and his gospel is love. Although I am having my own personal issues with same sex marriage, Jesus calls us not to be judgemental, to love, to forgive, even our enemies. I'm stuck with this human condition and can only try harder.

The evangelical/fundamentalist view is that man was created in the image of God. Man fell victim to the devil...a spirit of darkness...that caused sin to spoil his nature.

I don't believe that anyone could argue that mankind do some pretty horrible things...even being 'addicted to evil'.

Jesus came to earth to show that God the Father can redeem men; He will forgive our present sins and present us to the Father WITHOUT sin. Even in this life, a REAL Christian will live godly. He will (with God's help) overcome ungodly things. Those things may be as simple as disrespecting parents (yes...sin), or perverted sex,etc.

You can live with a pure conscience...and an admirable character...if you will trust Him to keep you.

KayMarie
Human Being

Kinder, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
Many devout religious believers of today are certain that the world is drenched in evil ... all except for them of course, as they perceive they are pure and holy because of the grace of a god.
Never have so many people been allowed to live as occurs today, and that is because those such as the Puritan Preachers can not use the bible to put others to death.
The problem "stemmed" from putting faith IN the religion itself.
The theologians were killing people for the least little "grievance" in the name of gods.
May we never suffer from religion running government ever, ever again!!!
June:

You are part of Canada, Canada is part of the Commonwealth, the Commonwealth is headed by the Queen in England, the Queen is the head of the Church of England.

You and your government(Canada) is run by religion.

By the way, I just saw an interesting problem in England, on the television(not mainstream). In England there are rape gangs, raping young girls. They all have a similar feature, that the gangs are of Muslims, and victims are non-Muslims. The government(the Queen) will not admit that there is a problem with the religion of Islam that teaches to treat women as less than cattle.

Doesn't this all tie together in your contradictory opinions.(smiles)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

“If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.” Thomas Jefferson

KayMarie

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the answer; Yes, they can declare Bl. John Paul is in heaven. No, the pope and the Vatican doesn't always know what happening in a parish under the supervision of a bishop on another continent.
Here's my question for you; Why do you think you have the authority to declare the old guy in your congregation who died last month and who was "saved" is in heaven (even though you have no clue about his personal life) and then turn around and mock the Catholic Church for declaring someone in heaven?
Fyi I think he is in heaven..by His actions he reflected Our Lord.He was humble and tried to make up for things in the past that were less than what they should have been.

Do you think God is waiting on the Church to let him in??

We believe saved people go to heaven .. That is what Jesus said .

It is ultimately up to Him to decide ..Nit us and not the Church

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

lapsteel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, Gospel of John, verse 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
AMEN

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 442,681 - 442,700 of513,497
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

580 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Dr_Zorderz 250,725
Should Black People in the USA Leave America an... (May '13) 11 min yon 425
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min this1then 3,360
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min lovewithin 38,069
Homosexuals are the shame of their families 17 min Doctor REALITY 25
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 21 min yon 447
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min USA Born 110,368
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,810
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 40 min thewordofme 682,945
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 54 min EdmondWA 89,782
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 218,166
•••
•••
•••