Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600288 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Perth, Australia

#458861 Jul 4, 2013
prison is for good people where wicket people try set up anything against honest people

remember justice and diploma scribe phareesse this and that live from that..
dipla=mjesina para= huuuuuuuuuuuuuuu its words which they think they remove curse from themself..
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo
dipla=alp id
'id'
1.miracle
2.death=htaed htadeus see read proply where is there Jesus..

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458862 Jul 4, 2013
If regurgitating religious scriptures is all it takes to earn rewards in a hereafter ... most people of earth will be rewarded.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#458863 Jul 4, 2013
Every religious nincompoop on earth drags out old religious literature as proof that THEIR religion was all about truth.

It doesn't get any sillier than THAT!

Prince George, Canada

#458864 Jul 4, 2013
"BEHOLD ... TRUTH is mine" sayeth the beholder of human-created religious gossip.
chuck

Ashburn, VA

#458865 Jul 4, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh ...
The Church does not decide who is in heaven and who is in hell; that judgement is reserved to God alone. She declares very few people to be canonized saints, and she can only make such declarations by the authority given to her by her founder, our Lord Jesus Christ. There are many saints in heaven that are not canonized saints and whose eternal destiny is not known to the Church.
You said the Church declares someone a saint...not who is in Heaven.

The Bible says God declares who are saints.

Oh yeah before I forget....sigh
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458866 Jul 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
My guess is, that those who bank on religion are quite certain that without religion they would STILL be HOLY.
As they dwell in their religions ... they DO like to flatter their selves as holy servants of "god" ... while serving the evil to others they perceive are less fortunate.
THAT WOULD BE YOU THEN June, BECAUSE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS BANK ON JESUS CHRIST AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS NOT OUR OWN.
there ISN'T ONE PERSON ON THIS EARTH WHO WILL BE GOING TO HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN MERITS.
IT WILL BE ON THE MERITS OF JESUS CHRIST.
FAITH IN GOD, AND RELIGION IS 2 DIFFERENT THING.
RELIGIONS ARE MANS IDEA, FAITH IS GOD'S.
Religions make it all about man, faith makes it all about Jesus.
You are doing nothing more then making a fool out of yourself June, when you walk in darkness you see nothing and know nothing.

Prince George, Canada

#458867 Jul 4, 2013
If I were a creator and had religious nincompoops bragging and arguing about human literature owning truth ... I would resign myself to the fact that humans are the most stupid of all animals, and give rewards in a hereafter to all non-human animals.

Prince George, Canada

#458868 Jul 4, 2013
Christians more often than not adore ONLY their own flavor of religion and belittle all other flavors of religion.

Yet when I belittle all religion they refer to me as evil.

So let me get their "reasoning" right on this issue. If I belong to their religion I will be holy ... but if I belong to any other religion, I will be evil.

No thanks to all religion. It's bunk.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#458869 Jul 4, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible Verses About Dinosaurs
Bible Verses About Dinosaurs from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance
- Sort By Book Order
Job 40:15-24 - Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.(Read More...)
Isaiah 27:1 - In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that [is] in the sea.
Job 40:15 - Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
Psalms 104:26 - There go the ships:[there is] that leviathan,[whom] thou hast made to play therein.
Job 41:1-34 - Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord [which] thou lettest down?(Read More...)
Genesis 1:24-31 - And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.(Read More...)
Romans 8:20-22 - For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,(Read More...)
Psalms 104:1-35 - Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.(Read More...)
Genesis 7:8-9 - Of clean beasts, and of beasts that [are] not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,(Read More...)
Genesis 7:2-3 - Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that [are] not clean by two, the male and his female.(Read More...)
Genesis 6:14-20 - Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.(Read More...)
Genesis 6:13 - And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Genesis 3:14-19 - And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou [art] cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:(Read More...)
Genesis 3:1-7 - Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?(Read More...)
Genesis 1:29-30 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.(Read More...)
Psalms 104:25 -[So is] this great and wide sea, wherein [are] things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
Job 40:1-24 - Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,(Read More...)
Genesis 1:1-31 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.(Read More...)
Some scripture references/categories courtesy of Open Bible .info under CC BY 3.0
for some reason part 2 of my post did not post, wonder why????? have to figure it out later, have an errand to run be back shortly.
truth

Perth, Australia

#458870 Jul 4, 2013
ha ha ha drugs coming from grass..did dinosaur eat grass ..o geeeeeee..lots of grass ..did you call stupid green dinosaur..no no no..they are very nice gentle animals..

Prince George, Canada

#458871 Jul 4, 2013
Religion is rather like farts. Our own farts are enjoyable ... while the farts of others stink!

Brain farts = religion.

Prince George, Canada

#458872 Jul 4, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT WOULD BE YOU THEN June, BECAUSE BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS BANK ON JESUS CHRIST AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS NOT OUR OWN.
there ISN'T ONE PERSON ON THIS EARTH WHO WILL BE GOING TO HEAVEN BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN MERITS.
IT WILL BE ON THE MERITS OF JESUS CHRIST.
FAITH IN GOD, AND RELIGION IS 2 DIFFERENT THING.
RELIGIONS ARE MANS IDEA, FAITH IS GOD'S.
Religions make it all about man, faith makes it all about Jesus.
You are doing nothing more then making a fool out of yourself June, when you walk in darkness you see nothing and know nothing.
You just keep on using your favorite scriptures to teach your imaginary "god" what "he" believes.

You are not even close to the first preacher to try to pull off such magical stunts.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

In fact the Buddha is often portrayed as a teacher of the gods,[20] and superior to them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Buddhism

Prince George, Canada

#458873 Jul 4, 2013
"I'm telling you what GOD wants you to believe."

"But you said knowing the mind of GOD is not possible as God is above human awareness."

"I go by what it says in the Bible."

"But who wrote the Bible."

"Men who were inspired by God."

"But if God is beyond all knowing, how could the men have received messages from the GOD?"

"I don't know, but it happened and it's true."

"Well ... it makes no sense to me."

Prince George, Canada

#458874 Jul 4, 2013
From the book “God’s Bullies,” by Perry Deanne Young comes the following

You realize, then, that people see God through mirrors—and the reflection is often that fearsome, intolerant beast inside all of us.
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#458875 Jul 4, 2013
chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the Church declares someone a saint...not who is in Heaven.
The Bible says God declares who are saints.
Oh yeah before I forget....sigh
Are you just trying to jerk my chain? What is so hard to understand?
Oh, I get it. It is not that you can't understand but rather, you WILL NOT understand ...
Only SAINTS are in heaven, canonized by the Church or not.
If one is not saintly or holy, one WILL NOT enter heaven (Matt. 5:48: "You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."). This is why the Church exists and will exist until the end of time-to continue Christ's work of redemption of the human race through her sacraments, which confer God's sanctifying grace, by which a soul is gradually transformed and made perfect, that is, holy.
Now, you can continue on your hatred of the catholic Church, and risk your own salvation, or you can humble yourself and accept that the Catholic Church is the only Church that Christ founded.
Your choice ...
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#458876 Jul 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind words..you seem gentle also.
I BELUEVE there are saints in every denomination and some in no denomination..I understand why the Church wants to honor him..He is by far the best Pope I have known in my decades if life.
I knew he was g king to be canonized as soon as he died..him and Mother Theresa.
Thing I s he was most likely a saint the minute He left this earth.
But praying TO HIM .And people do PRAY TO SAINTS ..I or a need h is as a child ...now the Church says it never did ..And that is NOT true
We had feast days.processions to crown Mary...patron saints ...And we prayed TO them..
But as I came to the true faith o f the heart ..I learned it is wrong to pray TO anyone but Jesus..the Fath e r or the Holy Spirit....in other words only pray TO GOD.
http://www.catholic-saints.info/catholic-sain...
THAT link is a prayer TO PETER..THE whole site is full of prayers TO Saints.
If I BELUEVE my neighbor is in heaven ..I might pray to God to bless him..But not TO HIM.
RoseSesz:

I understand your position. And I say for me as a converted Catholic, it is at times for me difficult to "pray" to the saints.

I say "pray", because I consider communicating with saints as more like talking with them. I don't pray to angels, I talk with them.

Consider Jesus talking with Elijah and Moses on the Mt. of Transfiguration. Are we forbidden to do what Jesus did?

I think most of us consider that prayer is a form of worship. So when in heaven, will we not be able to communicate with other saints? Why would we be prevented now with communicating with them?

usa

#458877 Jul 4, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>'
If Catholicism is in dispute, one would use Catholic sources to first locate what the disputed Catholic teaching IS.
Then, use YOUR source to argue against the teaching.
that's called "informing your argument".
Easy, huh?
well the dispute is simple the church states it is the true church, their is no history that supports that statement, only in Catholicism that lie exists, nowhere else in history or in scripture does the catholic beliefs exist, and considering it's ugly gruesome past, there is no way it vcan be the true church of jesus/god. it's all a man made scam for money an profit, and the big factor is why would a Jew build his church in a country he has never been to and also tried to wipe out his people? they stole just everything people owned in Israel, and a lot of it is hidden inside the walls of Vatican city, you either joined the church or you lost everything you owned to the church including your life, now does that sound like something the true church of god will do?

Prince George, Canada

#458878 Jul 4, 2013
All preachers preach what the gods WANT us to believe, how we must behave, how we must not behave, and how we will be rewarded, or punished.

Religious preachers are scam-artists. They come in disguises as tellers of truth.

You will never hear such preachers say "I don't know the answers ... I just have questions."

usa

#458879 Jul 4, 2013
hojo wrote:

<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Marge--but you and Confrinting---"KNOW NOTHING" when it comes to the Apparitions at Fatima!!! I've been there and experienced the revelation!! JETHRO:13th of October 1917, YOU WERE THERE HOJO? GEEEEEZZZZ HOW OLD ARE YOU? 100 WHAT?
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#458880 Jul 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
Americas prisons are filled with rapists and murderers and many of them were raised by Christian parents.
You religious ones always favor pointing outward at nasty stuff and pointing at your selves as HOLY-ones.
Silly people NEED religion to puff their egos to grandiose proportions.
June:

I suppose the point is that a person is affected by the society in which they live. And being part of the Commonwealth, you may deny it, but you exhibit its schizophrenic response concerning Islam. Modern Britain more or less denies religion, so that it can contain religion. And you do this as well.

Christians consider themselves as being sinners, and unworthy of God's Gift. No ego involved. What you want to see, is what you see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min -Stray Dog 6,565
Gay sex in raigarh 12 min Deepak 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min lightbeamrider 866,233
The Christian Atheist debate 20 min ChristineM 2,140
evidence the earth does not rotate 1 hr Richard Paulson 3
I don't wanna stay on the line! He's gonna beat... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 272,475
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 10 hr imr 48
More from around the web