Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,131)

Showing posts 442,601 - 442,620 of512,950
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>So according to you I won't shut up because I have a Bible. That's fine but what's your excuse?
I don't need an excuse to post on a forum. It's a free for all affair.

I never have used a bible to try to claim that my interpretations of words were worthy of consideration. I recognized long ago the idea that if Catholics and Protestants had killed each other while bragging that their renditions of words from that book were based on truth ... there was something very wrong with that picture.

People suck words from that book as play-things for their own egos.

When it pertains to words in a bible ... truth seems to be anybody's guess.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

When people take the bible in hand, read the words and then argue about the meanings of the words, that ought to be a red flag for all that if you understood truth, you wouldn't BE arguing ... you would be agreeing.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>another twisted man who started a cult going back to 1973, how come after all these years we are just seriously hearing about him now? why didn't he come forward back in "73" when Jesus first entered his body? this shows how easily people can be fooled, and organized religion counts on that. I WILL NOT change my mind to that FACT, unless someone can come up with positive undeniable 100% accurate proof A god truly exists.
Matthew 24:23-28

King James Version (KJV)

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Matthew 16:27

King James Version (KJV)

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Acts 1:10-11

King James Version (KJV)

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Revelation 1:5-7

King James Version (KJV)

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need an excuse to post on a forum. It's a free for all affair.
I never have used a bible to try to claim that my interpretations of words were worthy of consideration. I recognized long ago the idea that if Catholics and Protestants had killed each other while bragging that their renditions of words from that book were based on truth ... there was something very wrong with that picture.
People suck words from that book as play-things for their own egos.
When it pertains to words in a bible ... truth seems to be anybody's guess.
And you suck words from other books written from atheist, etc, as if it were gospel.
You say your hate religion in fact you are the most religious person on these board.
You believe every ant-Christ word written by men.
Your as Phony as a 9 dollar bill.
Go preach your anti-Christ propaganda some where else.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Imagine the arrogance of this Puritan preacher, who was certain that his interpretations of the bible were the be-all and end-all concerning "truth."

He was nothing but a dictator, wanting to enforce his own rules of conduct by using words from a bible as though a god "approved."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

The clergy became a powerful class, dominant through their learning and their fearful denunciations of the faithless. They wrote the books for the people to read—the famous Cotton Mather having three hundred and eighty-three books and pamphlets to his credit. In cooperation with the civil officers they enforced a strict observance of the Puritan Sabbath—a day of rest that began at six o-clock on Saturday evening and lasted until sunset on Sunday. All work, all trading, all amusement, and all worldly conversations were absolutely prohibited during those hours. A thoughtless maid servant who for some earthly reason smiled in church was in danger of being banished as a vagabond. Robert Pike, a devout Puritan, thinking the Sun had gone to rest, ventured forth on horseback one Sunday evening and was luckless enough to have a ray of light strike him through a rift in the clouds. The next day he was brought into court and fined for “his ungodly conduct.” With persons accused of witchcraft the Puritans were still more ruthless. When a mania of persecution swept over Massachusetts in 1692, eighteen people were hanged, one was pressed to death, many suffered imprisonment, and two died in jail.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe in the gap theory, I am not swayed by every doctrine preached.
All I know for sure is that God by His Amazing Grace, Mercy and Love. Sent His son to die for my sins.
Exactly ..I agree ..it is a simple belief IF YOU BELiEVE IT.

The Spirit opens our Eyes to the Word.

Jesus taught the Way to the Father was through HIM..And the Spirit is inattentive us.

He gave us the free gift if Grace b y taking our sins to the Cross.

All this added on stuff may be interesting..thought provoking ..

Was Mary a MOTHER of surrogate

Did Jesus have siblings

Seven sacraments or two..

Thud ritual or that.

We will find out in heaven IF GOD CHOOSES to dignify our differences with answers..

But the basic truth lies in His Shed blood and if we accept it.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Many devout religious believers of today are certain that the world is drenched in evil ... all except for them of course, as they perceive they are pure and holy because of the grace of a god.

Never have so many people been allowed to live as occurs today, and that is because those such as the Puritan Preachers can not use the bible to put others to death.

The problem "stemmed" from putting faith IN the religion itself.

The theologians were killing people for the least little "grievance" in the name of gods.

May we never suffer from religion running government ever, ever again!!!
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps a good dose of garlic would open the minds of these ignorant, arrogant and narrow-minded fundies?
Actually a old fashion revival, where the Holy Spirit renews and refreshes those of us who claim we are Christians.
We have become slugs, lazy, lack power,'BECAUSE WE HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO WE ARE IN CHRISTS JESUS'

IF WE ARE THE BODY OF CHRIST, WHY ARE WE GRAVELING WITH THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD. WHO WANT NOTHING MORE THEN TO ARGUE WITH US AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD.

WE DO NOT HAVE TO ARGUE GODS WORD; JESUS SAID TO PRESENT IF THEY ACCEPT IT GREAT IF THEY DO NOT WIPE YOU FEET AND GO ON.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you suck words from other books written from atheist, etc, as if it were gospel.
You say your hate religion in fact you are the most religious person on these board.
You believe every ant-Christ word written by men.
Your as Phony as a 9 dollar bill.
Go preach your anti-Christ propaganda some where else.
If you had the chance, on your orders, I would be put to death as an offender of "your" specialized god.

There's no question about your motives.

Dictators idolize dictating, and bibles are very handy in that regard.

"THIS IS WHAT GOD COMMANDS ... AND YOU WILL FOLLOW HIS WILL ... OR ELSE!!!"

And they preach and they preach and they preach that all they care about is LOVE!

Shysters in god-garb!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a old fashion revival, where the Holy Spirit renews and refreshes those of us who claim we are Christians.
We have become slugs, lazy, lack power,'BECAUSE WE HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO WE ARE IN CHRISTS JESUS'
IF WE ARE THE BODY OF CHRIST, WHY ARE WE GRAVELING WITH THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD. WHO WANT NOTHING MORE THEN TO ARGUE WITH US AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD.
WE DO NOT HAVE TO ARGUE GODS WORD; JESUS SAID TO PRESENT IF THEY ACCEPT IT GREAT IF THEY DO NOT WIPE YOU FEET AND GO ON.
Shout it out preacher. You can no longer use that bible to burn me at the stake for contradicting your interpretations.

I understand your disappointment!!!

On another thread of a forum a frustrated devout died in the wool Catholic wrote the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Post 42246 Oct 9, 2008 Bob wrote

"We need another Inquisition!!!The Old Timers here where I live agree."

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you meant "inquisition." Burn a few people here and there at the stake, for adultery, homosexuality, taking "god's" name in vain, stealing, et cetera.

Any occasion to devout Christians was good enough to celebrate Jesus' supposed presence on earth.

Sarcasm intended.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

This was a prime example of how Christians celebrated Jesus' supposed presence on earth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The following is from the book titled “ONE CANADA … memoirs of the right honorable John G. Diefenbaker.”

Great-grandfather told my mother a story of life in the early 1830s which I have always found instructive. The greatest celebration of all in Upper Canada,(my note- now in the province of Ontario) one that brought all the people together within a reasonable distance, was a public execution. He himself had been present at one. The pioneers arrived a day ahead for the festivities. With whiskey selling at less than a dollar a gallon, liquor became a source not only of exhilaration but of inspiration for the assembled, enabling them the more to enjoy the spectacle. The condemned man was a teenager whose offence had been pickpocketing. The death penalty was then imposed for some fifty or sixty offences. The law was less harsh than it had been: no longer were prisoners drawn and quartered. But the theory was that punishment must be imposed so that the criminal would understand the gravity of the sin he had committed. Also, deterrence was then the argument and still is among those who advocate capital punishment. On this occasion, the young man made a speech in the traditional style of condemned criminals in Upper Canada: he admitted his guilt and asked forgiveness. He was not restricted to a fixed length of time, since time really meant nothing. While he was making his testimony of guilt, four of the assembled pioneers found that their pockets had been picked.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

The Christians were considerate that those being put to death always had the chance to first get their selves "right" with "god" before they were killed by the LOVE of the Christians.

Sarcasm intended.

Your religion should sicken you ... if you had any conscience left with which to function!!!

Instead you revel in it, as pigs revel in slop!

Despicable.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

I don't detest a god, as I don't believe in a god.

But I do detest religion, as it has been used for every crime under the sun, and all by humans who pretended to love one another.

What a shame!!!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

The man who now refers to his self as the second coming of Jesus preaches a loving gospel. He claims that all people are loved by GOD ... that there is no sin and no hell and no devil.

He needs body guards to protect him. My guess is, his worst enemies are Christians that put complete faith in hell, evil, and a devil "for others."

They want heaven ALL for their selves.

Religion is BUNK!

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Christian science monitor:Vatican sex abuse scandal: Priests paid to leave.....jethro the church prays to god yet money is the answer to their prayers every time, why is that?

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Okay. Qyestion for you Christian folks. When Adam and were formed and placed into the garden which entity at that time was the first entity that knew both good and evil? Even he was good at one time.........TILL INIQUITY ( evil ) was found in him as we are told in scripture. He didn't become evil by eating from some tree that made him aware of evil by eating its fruit. Scripture tells us that iniquity was found in him. Why? He is called the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. Are the lessons I give on this forum really too difficult for you guys?
you went way over their heads, I put a few simple questions to HOJO who claims to have done extensive research, yet he so far has not answered them, I still have a few more pages to go through, but so far I have not seen any answers to my questions.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and more....
Look at the title of this thread.
Then look at the behavior and recent legacy of the RCC.
Faith must be lived, if one believes in the teachings of Jesus.
Yesterday, 2 more Vatican officials were arrested in the ongoing Vatican bank scandal. And these poor brainwashed Catholics believe that has nothing to do with their church or Jesus.
WOW!!!! How brainwashed does one have to be to believe that Jesus allows His (supposed) only "church" to own a bank, yet alone make a mockery of His name.
How many RCC diocese in the USA and worldwide did Jesus want to be bankrupted by child sex abuse?
How many Cardinals need to be honored and protected by the Vatican for refusing to tell the truth about sexually abusive Priests?
What kind of people ignore such things, while at the same time claiming the churches of all others are not real churches of Jesus?
How else does one define evil?
Oops, I forgot. It's a problem for all church organizations.
**** Note how it becomes "all churches" instead of "one true church" when child sex abuse is the topic.
simple, the church is run by man, fallible man, that is the excuse you hear from Catholics, god knew that man would errr on his path to the promised land, so if he makes a mistake it's ok.....what rubbish. like it can be that simple, I highly doubt it, and anyone who supports the church supports child abuse as being ok for church clergy to do. it's a crime worse than killing a child, a child suffers briefly when being killed, an abused child suffers a life time and we are suppose to turn our backs to the problem because it's the pagan/Christian church? the so called true church? it can commit acts of hideous proportion one after the other and we are suppose to say " it's ok it is gods church it can do what ever it pleases"? again I repeat 1000+ times show me one sentence of undeniable proof that the headline of this forum is true. it can not be done.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

The late Pope John Paul II moved closer to sainthood on Tuesday after a commission of cardinals and bishops credited him with a second miracle since his death, Italian media reported.

A canonization ceremony for the Polish-born pontiff, who died in April 2005, could come as soon as December, news agency ANSA said. That would be the fastest progression to sainthood in modern times.

The remaining stage in the ancient procedure is a signature from the current pope, Francis, confirming the decision.

Vatican officials declined to comment.

The Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Vatican body that reviews candidates for sainthood, decided the pope's intercession was behind the healing of a woman from Costa Rica on May 1, 2011, according to the reports.

**DECIDED THE POPE'S INTERCESSION WAS BEHIND THE HEALING**

How does a normal sane person believe something like this? Cult members maybe????

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a hereafter, I wish the best for Mussolini.
I believe that just as theologians allowed power to go to their heads to in turn order the torture and killing of others ... although not because of religion, the same happened to Mussolini.
Having too much power over others corrupted him.
I don't believe that human behavior offends a creator, but I DO believe that whether in or not in religion, humans are all too often offensive to other humans.
Power corrupts.
~~~
ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY...

GOD has absolute power.

BUT

He never has and never will corrupt any person place or thing.

Why do you hate him so much?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 442,601 - 442,620 of512,950
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

463 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Dang It 110,123
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessarily so 682,204
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 8 min THAMILAN 367
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Buck Crick 217,745
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 17 min Joe Fryday 191,379
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 250,584
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 50 min NUTS AMERICA 37,963
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min pusherman_ 596,710
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 89,733