Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646664 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#459004 Jul 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no sin.
Should have waited..been smarter ..as this Catholic woman who posts here said..We were branded ..sinful etc.

But giving up my baby was not a sin..He has a good life ...And wife and child ..And I do not regret that part despite what holier than thou people say.

But thanks..

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#459005 Jul 4, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Had Jesus existed, his story would have been quite a variation from that told by the Catholics.
By the way, are you aware that pope Frances is converting to a world religion, where even Atheists are pleasing the sensitive "nature" of that finicky Jew name of Jesus???
:)
It's quite a revealing revelation.
I wish at least one news reporter had the nerve to ask the new Catholic pope when "time-wise" he received this new word from Jesus.
Jesus appears to be turning over a "new leaf."
:)
The canonical gospel writers were not Catholic.

But you are correct: Jesus was a Jew -- probably an observant one.

Though I'm still trying to figure out why the Jews hated his followers so much.

You know, despite the tradition that John lived a long life and wrote the fourth gospel in Ephesus, according to an early tradition reported by George the Sinner and one other writer, he likely died at the hands of his fellow Jews in Jerusalem before the fall of the second temple.

James, Stephen, John -- why?

Wafer?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#459006 Jul 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I ANSWERED you before ..there were NO THOUSANDS,..That was the auto correct on my kindle.
I call her MADAME KINDLE on another forum as she posts with a mind of her own.And comes up with odd things
Adam told Eve that God said do not eat and do not touch.
But God had told Adam only do not eat .
When the serpent tempted Eve he knew this ...he was at or under or on the tree....and did no die..this was part of the temptation ...
She saw the serpent did not die when Adam.had told her touching the tree would kill.
So she decided to believe the lies of the serpent ...
The question was and still is: Where are you finding info that the serpent touched the tree...

Where are you finding info that says: Adam told Eve that God said do not eat and do not touch.

Where are you finding info that says:God had told Adam only do not eat.

Where are you finding info that say the serpent he was at or under or on the tree....

Columbus, OH

#459007 Jul 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you read Hebrews 1:6? KJV. It stated...LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM. Then in verse 8 Christ was called a God. It stated...Thy throne "O God" is forever. The verse was referring to Christ.
You're not actually giving that statement any thought, are you, Ton?

By the way, Hebrews is a pseudograph.

I think Origen writes of that problem in the early 3rd century.

Correct me if I'm wrong there.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#459008 Jul 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Oxbow my friend, what will you do with the following scripture is Christ is not God?
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
If Christ is not God then why did He receive worship from the angels? The angels were ordered to worship Him. Isn't only deities supposed to be worshipped? Hmmmm!
The challenge was: Show me the Holy Trinity....at any time that shows Jesus Christ as being God.

There is nothing in your babbling that addresses my request....Go give some man a douche...enjoy....
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#459009 Jul 4, 2013
it is written All christens will be prosecuted accuse abuse rest and killed according paul saul davle pavle..

Are you for sure is not like that?

'o you diploma scribe Pharisee judges this and that..'

Its heavy critic over accusers prosecutors and judges from Jesus Christ.

Columbus, OH

#459010 Jul 4, 2013
Fun fact: Speaking of the KJV, most fundies don't realize the original version of the King James Bible included the Apocrypha.

(Wait till the find out James was gay.)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459011 Jul 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The challenge was: Show me the Holy Trinity....at any time that shows Jesus Christ as being God.
There is nothing in your babbling that addresses my request....Go give some man a douche...enjoy....
Most people talk about the Trinity and they in reality don't really understand the Trinity. Now do I really need to teach you about the Trinity as well? And why do you get so offensive everytime I correct you on something.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459012 Jul 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
Fun fact: Speaking of the KJV, most fundies don't realize the original version of the King James Bible included the Apocrypha.
(Wait till the find out James was gay.)
I already told the forum some time ago that the 1611 KJV included the Apocraphal books. And as for King James being gay....well,LOL.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459013 Jul 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. However I tend to let the word of God speak for me. Does Origen accept John 1:1. It reads..."In the Beginning was the word,and the word was with God.....AND THE WORD WAS GOD". There is one God but He holds THREE OFFICES. The office of the Father, the office of the Son and the Office of the Holy Spirit. Ond God, three offices. Now I know I really just confused some people on this forum,LOL.

Columbus, OH

#459014 Jul 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I already told the forum some time ago that the 1611 KJV included the Apocraphal books. And as for King James being gay....well,LOL.
Well, LOL right back to you, Ton:

“Christ had his John; I have my George.”*

Don't make me go there, Ton.

* Erickson, Carolly, Royal Panoply: Brief Lives of the English Monarchs (St. Martin’s Press, 2006), p. 192.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#459015 Jul 4, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was and still is: Where are you finding info that the serpent touched the tree...
Where are you finding info that says: Adam told Eve that God said do not eat and do not touch.
Where are you finding info that says:God had told Adam only do not eat.
Where are you finding info that say the serpent he was at or under or on the tree....
The serpent was at the tree with her ..He has been depicted on the tree.
The rest is in the fall in Genesis clearly stated

Gen 2:16. God speaks to Adam.

Gen 3. Eve tells the serpent what she has been told

Do not eat. Do not touch

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#459016 Jul 4, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct.

The word "pseudograph" is a clever sounding word meaning "blatant fraud".

If the Bible is the word of God, why does God need to lie so much ?

Good to see you here CJ.

Columbus, OH

#459017 Jul 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting....
Truly.

But you still haven't given your statement any thought, have ya, Ton.

Let me help you out: "forced" to "worship".

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#459018 Jul 4, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. However I tend to let the word of God speak for me.....
ROFLMAO

You religious folk always get that backwards.

You all pretend that your opinions are the Word of God.

Please prove that the Bible is the Word of God.

The Jews and Muslims claim their book is. Neither of you have any more proof than the other....IE: NONE WHAT-SO-EVER.

Columbus, OH

#459019 Jul 5, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Bible is the word of God, why does God need to lie so much ?
Mythology is a tough job.

But someone has to do it.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459020 Jul 5, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, LOL right back to you, Ton:
“Christ had his John; I have my George.”*
Don't make me go there, Ton.
* Erickson, Carolly, Royal Panoply: Brief Lives of the English Monarchs (St. Martin’s Press, 2006), p. 192.
Heck there is even evidence that king David and Jonathan,king Saul's son may have had an homosexual relationship with each other. In my house the court is still out on that one because I'm studying those verses a bit closer. I found tyhe following about King James.

http://www.wayoflife.org/index_files/was_king...

I have a comment but I think I shall reserve that statement at this time.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#459021 Jul 5, 2013
Was King James really a homosexual or was this gossip merely an attack by the powers of darkness on him? I'm am sure that given the fact that King James had authorized the word of God to be translated so that the common man could read Gods word, that must have set all the minions of hell against King James to try and destroy him.

Rahab in the scriptures was called a harlot but I doubt that she really was. What she was was an astute business woman and surely some jealous people set out to destroy her because of them being jealous of her success so how can they try and discredit this astute business woman? Call her a harlot.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#459022 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.
Mark Twain
- What is Man?
animals are probably looking at us and calling us dumb, they live with their environment, we destroy it. how smart is that?

Since: Nov 08

usa

#459023 Jul 5, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I suggest you keep in mind that heterosexuals could perform anal sex on their wives with no offense to a supposed god, as THEY were never tortured or put to death for their behavior by the men of the cloth.
Men made the rules and heterosexual men chose to use a bible to ply their hatred of homosexuals on innocent people.
THAT was the reason for their religion.
Only NOW do we hear some preachers of religion preaching that "god" loves homosexuals.
Centuries of torture and torment to innocent people by those in religion has taught most people nothing of value.
They cling to their organized crime-units as HOLY institutions.
What a shame!
like I stated before, beliefs are based on profits not prophets, religious groups will see other churches who perform same sex marriages making money, they will change their tune, the catholic church claims to be desperate for money, so I bet the Vatican council is working on a way to weave same sex marriages into their beliefs, just like they have done in the past, changed their beliefs as the times have changed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Happy Lesbo 48,785
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min The Hangman 971,706
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 14 min LetsRoleplayThen 23
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 35 min Joi C 2,066
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 36 min ChristineM 445,725
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Buck Crick 281,266
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Student 44,697
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Annaleigh 105,621
More from around the web