Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,126)

Showing posts 442,501 - 442,520 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>simple, the church is run by man, fallible man, that is the excuse you hear from Catholics, god knew that man would errr on his path to the promised land, so if he makes a mistake it's ok.....what rubbish. like it can be that simple, I highly doubt it, and anyone who supports the church supports child abuse as being ok for church clergy to do. it's a crime worse than killing a child, a child suffers briefly when being killed, an abused child suffers a life time and we are suppose to turn our backs to the problem because it's the pagan/Christian church? the so called true church? it can commit acts of hideous proportion one after the other and we are suppose to say " it's ok it is gods church it can do what ever it pleases"? again I repeat 1000+ times show me one sentence of undeniable proof that the headline of this forum is true. it can not be done.
If there just happens to BE a creator ... that creator would know that these people sold their consciences out for the cheap promise of salvation.

No preacher ever managed to con me into following that silly dogma.

I don't believe I have to saved from my self.

Silly people.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Marge--but you and Confrinting---"KNOW NOTHING" when it comes to the Apparitions at Fatima!!! I've been there and experienced the revelation!!

And what were the revelations Hojo?

Further appearances were reported to have taken place on the thirteenth day of the month in June and July. In these, the woman asked the children to do penance and Acts of Reparation as well as making personal sacrifices to save sinners. The children subsequently wore tight cords around their waists to cause themselves pain, performed self-flagellation using stinging nettles, abstained from drinking water on hot days, and performed other works of penance.

The second secret included Mary's instructions on how to save souls from hell and convert the world to the Christian faith, also revealed by Lúcia in her Third Memoir:
"I have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart.

These are lies from Satan Hojo.
Garlic man

Fairfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a old fashion revival, where the Holy Spirit renews and refreshes those of us who claim we are Christians.
We have become slugs, lazy, lack power,'BECAUSE WE HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO WE ARE IN CHRISTS JESUS'
IF WE ARE THE BODY OF CHRIST, WHY ARE WE GRAVELING WITH THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD. WHO WANT NOTHING MORE THEN TO ARGUE WITH US AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD.
WE DO NOT HAVE TO ARGUE GODS WORD; JESUS SAID TO PRESENT IF THEY ACCEPT IT GREAT IF THEY DO NOT WIPE YOU FEET AND GO ON.
Apparently, we do have to argue God's word because of people, such as yourself, who worship not the Word of God, but the Bible as an idol and who have declared themselves their own pope, by their own self-appointed authority. Bible-only Christians are leading many people astray and to their eternal destruction.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Your light stay within you.
Do you sold your soul to whom?!
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

As well you liked be bigger then God not me.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Chuck wrote:
The late Pope John Paul II moved closer to sainthood on Tuesday after a commission of cardinals and bishops credited him with a second miracle since his death, Italian media reported.
A canonization ceremony for the Polish-born pontiff, who died in April 2005, could come as soon as December, news agency ANSA said. That would be the fastest progression to sainthood in modern times.
The remaining stage in the ancient procedure is a signature from the current pope, Francis, confirming the decision.
Vatican officials declined to comment.
The Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Vatican body that reviews candidates for sainthood, decided the pope's intercession was behind the healing of a woman from Costa Rica on May 1, 2011, according to the reports.
**DECIDED THE POPE'S INTERCESSION WAS BEHIND THE HEALING**
How does a normal sane person believe something like this? Cult members maybe????
A SAINT is a person in heaven. heaven Or some say destined for heaven by being BIRN AGSIN..

..I am sure the Lord God is holding His breath to see what the CC decides. On this very good man ...
LTM

Elliot Lake, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had the chance, on your orders, I would be put to death as an offender of "your" specialized god.
There's no question about your motives.
Dictators idolize dictating, and bibles are very handy in that regard.
"THIS IS WHAT GOD COMMANDS ... AND YOU WILL FOLLOW HIS WILL ... OR ELSE!!!"
And they preach and they preach and they preach that all they care about is LOVE!
Shysters in god-garb!
Wrong, God's commandment says thou shall not kill.
As followers of Christ; Christian do not walk after the flesh, but the spirit.
Spiritually you are dead already. Your body will soon be in a grave as it already is in a state of decay. I had nothing to do with either.
You have a cantankerous spirit, it has no joy, because the joy of the Lord is the Christians strength, and you believe there is no God.
Your in a sad state June. May God have Mercy on you. I really mean that.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Creator not created you for suffering.

Did someone see or looking creation?
yes yes yes it is
but but but its fall..why fall?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

every spirit is not holy..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong.
On earth the preachers have all the power to claim what the supposed many gods and goddess "believe."
You commit that crime of "emotional passion" every day, while you claim that a god "called" you to his "service."
You are one among many silly fools that play to your own folly.
~~~

I will give you first... THE POSITIVE SIDE OF SALVATION and what one receives when he is saved......

SALVATION defined in HEBREW

scripture text and DEFINITION

Exo_15:2 The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my -->salvation:<-- he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him.

The word-->SALVATION <--DEFINED IN HEBREW as used in Exodus 15:2

H3444
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
yeshu&#770;&#8219;a &#770;h
yesh-oo'-aw
Feminine passive participle of H3467;

something saved, that is,(abstractly) deliverance; hence aid, victory, prosperity:- deliverance, health, help (-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare.

NOTE THE BENEFITS .. THAT SALVATION (BEING SAVED) INCLUDES

ONLY A FOOL WOULD REJECT THE ABOVE BENEFITS OF SALVATION..

THAT i ENJOY...DAILY
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, we do have to argue God's word because of people, such as yourself, who worship not the Word of God, but the Bible as an idol and who have declared themselves their own pope, by their own self-appointed authority. Bible-only Christians are leading many people astray and to their eternal destruction.
We don't worship the Bible..it's not an idol. We take seriously the things that are said in God's Word. Take for instance Peter(catholics claim the first pope) and what he said about God's Word"

2 Peter 1:19 And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts

**Why do you ignore your pope??

How bout John...you know John right:

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

**I guess this is pretty clear why God's Word is the authority. Catholics have men...christians have God's Word.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, the next time a catholic tells you we don't know for sure whether or not we go to Heaven until we die....share this verse with them:

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may KNOW that you have eternal life.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
After reading this:
The Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Vatican body that reviews candidates for sainthood, decided the pope's intercession was behind the healing of a woman from Costa Rica on May 1, 2011, according to the reports.
**The majority of catholics...if not all...will believe this because they believe catholic leaders have authority from God.
**David Koresh's followers believed him because they believed he had authority from God as well.
So how do catholics differ from the Koresh followers??
You don't believe in miracles?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, the next time a catholic tells you we don't know for sure whether or not we go to Heaven until we die....share this verse with them:
1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may KNOW that you have eternal life.
Catholics know they are going to heaven if they remain in friendship with God.

Many protestants, including some on this board, don't believe in OSAS. Who's right?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe in miracles?
sure

here is the question again:

**The majority of catholics...if not all...will believe this because they believe catholic leaders have authority from God.
**David Koresh's followers believed him because they believed he had authority from God as well.
So how do catholics differ from the Koresh followers??
Chuck

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics know they are going to heaven if they remain in friendship with God.
Many protestants, including some on this board, don't believe in OSAS. Who's right?
I'm really not sure....

but the catholic leaders can determine a dead guy was behind the healing of a woman half a world away two years ago but they didn’t know someone was stealing money and molesting boys????

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Judged:

Clay wrote:

<quoted text>
Heaven is a KINGDOM. We know who the King is, so who is the Queen?
Jesus told you to search the scriptures Jack, so tell us who the Queen would be?
Clay, take a closer look. He's not interested in arguing the point. "Worm and wiggle"? Didn't he used to say we "danced"?
JETHRO: lets look at the merits of your question, is there a queen of heaven? well we have gen.1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness....who is he talking to? the key word being "our" he says it twice, so who is he talking to? that gives you a possible hint that a queen of heaven may exist, that is the only passage that I can think of and so far came up with. so the big question is... who if anyone is he talking to??

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I will give you first... THE POSITIVE SIDE OF SALVATION and what one receives when he is saved......
Unless you are "evil" in your own nature, there is no NEED for salvation.

I try to be as kind as my selfish nature allows, and if that is not good enough for the malevolent supposed creator ... that is JUST too bad! He can go shoot his self in his non-existent invisible "brain."

Silly dogmas!

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
From your perspective, is there a negative side to salvation?

:)

Maybe if an invisible god exists, he will give all of you right-fighters what you deserve ... which might be to lock you in one of his supposed many mansions and duke it out until all of your invisible teeth are missing from your invisible faces.

I suggest you try "imagining" THAT scenario for a change of pace.

Silly people ... fighting over who a god loves!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you are "evil" in your own nature, there is no NEED for salvation.
I try to be as kind as my selfish nature allows, and if that is not good enough for the malevolent supposed creator ... that is JUST too bad! He can go shoot his self in his non-existent invisible "brain."
Silly dogmas!
~~~

Jer 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

Jer 17:8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

NOTE
Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 442,501 - 442,520 of530,344
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

350 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min ocxz 114,694
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min It aint necessarily so 717,138
Who really controls America and other Western c... 18 min yon 48
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 20 min MUQ1 36,420
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 54 min brian c toney 392
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr gort 223,290
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... 1 hr Yassir 62
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr andet1987 171,519
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Hidingfromyou 598,810