Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
442,441 - 442,460 of 538,446 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Fatteemaw continuaded...

2. Not everyone saw it!. This is the polar opposite of the theory that some in China saw it too but consistency and science have nothing to do with each other when trying to disprove a miracle, I guess.

Astronomers argue that the sun dancing in the sky was not reported all over the world so it never happened.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why thank you. Ever since God saved me I have been feeling high. It's a great feeling too. It's called being on a Godly and spiritual high. You should try it sometimes.
Tony i'm sorry to make an example of you but it fits to discribe the saving power of God to conform one to His Son.

You surely agree your no longer a 'gay' man just as theifs no longer steal, murderers at heart repent etc etc, right?

I don't see how your past sin is different from other sins, aren't we freed from them all when we believe and move forward from there?

You don't still think you were born that way, do you?

I love you Tony. Blessings
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is ONLY thing you Protestant "fundies" ever have (are questions) as you bible only "buffoons" drift around "aimlessly" with your other 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent denominations in "conflicting" confusion and chaos!...... The answers were given to you over 2000 years ago in Jesus Christ---in and through HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, that HE initiated, formed and authenticated in Matthew 16:13-21 and in John 6:47-59 with HIS TRUE BODY and TRUE BLOOD in the Eucharist.
hey hojo how are you, we ask questions to make you think...:) Love you, blessings.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lord Jesus makes himself visible to whomever he wants. I agree.
You are still high.
Adam and Eve were humans and it was Jesus who was in the Garden.
You should marry a woman and give up lusting on your own gender.
That would be God's plan directly said, Disciple power:)

HE reminded me today that HE will finish what HE started in me, what a welcome journey, love you bro.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is a myth, as are all other myths.
You want your myth to be real by claiming that those other myths were simply fairy tales.
I believe all religious myths are fairy tales ... and that includes the ones in which you place all your faith.
You're confused, child.

Christ is a myth.

Jesus likely was a real person.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Interesting lesson for the Christians here. Have you guys ever noticed how Goliath the giant that David slew had the number 6 stamped on him like a hallmark? Note that he was "6" cubits in height, he had "6" pieces of armor and "6" shekels of iron. Compare the armor of Goliath to the armor of God given in Ephesians 6:14-16.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Tony17 wrote:
Interesting lesson for the Christians here. Have you guys ever noticed how Goliath the giant that David slew had the number 6 stamped on him like a hallmark? Note that he was "6" cubits in height, he had "6" pieces of armor and "6" shekels of iron. Compare the armor of Goliath to the armor of God given in Ephesians 6:14-16.
Goliath used 6 pieces of armor and the armor of God in Ephesians consisted of 6 things also. Goliath's 6 pieces of armor was physical, Gods 6 pieces of armor was spiritual.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Vatican sex abuse scandal: Priests paid to leave

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wire...
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey hojo how are you, we ask questions to make you think...:) Love you, blessings.
Thanks Marge! Nothing more think about with regards to Our Lords One True Catholic. It's ALL in be authenticated and proven over and over again, in 2000 years in the TRUTH of TRUE Church History. Now, just live that TRUTH in faith, hope and trust in the Salvation of Jesus Christ---each and every day at Daily Mass, in the Eucharist (HIS TRUE body and TRUE blood), the Word of God --which is proclaim and read daily, the Sacraments, and in daily/nightly prayer in the Adoration Chapel where are Lord is exposed and present (again) in the Eucharist. God Bless!!!
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids lied we know for a fact.
Sorry to disappoint you Marge--but you and Confrinting---"KNOW NOTHING" when it comes to the Apparitions at Fatima!!! I've been there and experienced the revelation!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Marge--but you and Confrinting---"KNOW NOTHING" when it comes to the Apparitions at Fatima!!! I've been there and experienced the revelation!!
Remember when Saul went to the witch of Endor and wanted her to raise the prophet Samuel from the dead so that he could consult. Well seemingly the witch appeared to raise the prophet Samuel but the apparition that king Saul actually saw was not really Samuel but was a DEMON SPIRIT . Those apparitions of Fatima are the exact same thing....DEMONIC SPIRITS.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Remember when Saul went to the witch of Endor and wanted her to raise the prophet Samuel from the dead so that he could consult. Well seemingly the witch appeared to raise the prophet Samuel but the apparition that king Saul actually saw was not really Samuel but was a DEMON SPIRIT . Those apparitions of Fatima are the exact same thing....DEMONIC SPIRITS.
And if any of you want to challenge me and claim that this Witch of Endor really did bring Samual up and it really was Samual,I say to you again that this was not really Samuel but a demonic spirit pretending to be Samuel. Check out II Corinthians 11:14-15. Demonic spirits can disguise themselves as ministers of righteousness which is what this apparition of Samuel was. It was a demon spirit. The apparitions at Fatama are nothing more than demon spirits and if you saw it and felt good then I suggest you start praying that God will deliver you and protect you.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
2 Thess 2:11

Since: Nov 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
~ Epicurus ~
he is a god of nothing, he see's nothing, does nothing, shows nothing in the way of compassion that can be proven as fact. nothing about the one god theory can be proven as fact. where are the historical records? there should be mountains of them, yet there is only one, a mythical book without proof of it's stories being real or the imagination of men for power and profit.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
The modernized Pagan religions promise that the goddess loves everybody.
It can't get much better than THAT.
This fellow knows how gullible believers lap up lies as a dog laps up its own vomit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
I watched a program on Primetime OWN.
The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"
Here he is, according to him, in the person of Jesus.
… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ifEACinhrAYXX
another twisted man who started a cult going back to 1973, how come after all these years we are just seriously hearing about him now? why didn't he come forward back in "73" when Jesus first entered his body? this shows how easily people can be fooled, and organized religion counts on that. I WILL NOT change my mind to that FACT, unless someone can come up with positive undeniable 100% accurate proof A god truly exists.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is claimed to have said:
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart."
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
Most prayers in the RCC rosary begin with "Hail Mary."
Vatican II reaffirmed that Mary was sinless (the Bible says otherwise).
Vatican II reaffirmed Mary ascended bodily to Heaven (a 1950s invention).
Vatican II reaffirmed that Mary was crowned as the "Queen of Heaven." Vatican II reaffirmed that Mary can hear and answer prayers.
Yet somehow, the Gospels fails to mention any of this! How is it possible that not a single author made mention of a Queen of Heaven?
No such teachings are found ANYWHERE in the Bible. Isn't that strange?
It all made up by the same clowns who gave the world the "holy Roman Empire" and a huge sex-abuse cover-up.
It's not just me. All of this makes most people suspicious. What next? UFOs?
these teachings are not found because they do not exist except in the world of Catholicism, the one god theory is just as mysterious as the ufo phenomenon. do they exist? there is some compelling evidence out there from thousands of years ago that make you think, even in the bible, the giants that are mentioned, who were they? where did they come from and where did they go? are there any remains to prove they existed at all?
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked and looked and looked and could not find "Fatima" in the Bible. Is this more hocus pocus mumbo jumbo Roman Catholic crap-o-la? Just say, Yes, OldJG, this is more hocus pocus mumbo jumbo Roman Catholic crap-o-la. Thank you Cly.
Old Gee said:

"You looked and looked and looked and could not find Fatima in the Bible"

What in theee heck is that supposed to mean?

Do you honestly believe all of Christianity is bottled up in those 72 Books....excuse me, 66 Books that make up your Bible?
If so, do you have Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says it is?
Do you have Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says the KJV version is to the correct collection of Books for his Bible?
thank you
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
142<quoted text>
I am positive, from your words, that you know not which end is up!!!!!!!
I do not believe in the gap theory, I am not swayed by every doctrine preached.
All I know for sure is that God by His Amazing Grace, Mercy and Love. Sent His son to die for my sins.

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Sister Mary entered the Monastery of Silence

The Priest said,'Sister, this is a silent monastery. You are welcome here as long as you like,

but you may not speak until directed to do so.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

Sister Mary lived in the monastery for 5 years before the Priest said to her,'Sister Mary, you

have been here for 5 years ; you may now speak two words.'

Sister Mary said, &#65533;&#65533;&# 65533;Hard bed.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

'I'm sorry to hear that,' the Priest said,'we will get you a better bed.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

After another 5 years, Sister Mary was summoned by the Priest.

'You may say another two words, Sister Mary.'

'Cold food,' said Sister Mary, and the Priest assured her that the food

would be better in the future.

On her 15th anniversary at the monastery, the Priest again called Sister

Mary in to his office.

&#65533;&#65533;&# 65533;You may say two words today.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

'I quit,' said Sister Mary.

'It's probably best;' said the Priest,'you've done nothing but bitch since you got here.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she did. Maybe she didn't. It doesn't affect the truth in Catholicism either way.
For starters, she is not above Christ and does not act separately from Him. But she is a very powerful intercessor being the Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the spiritual Mother of Christians. So in that context, she could help anyone through her prayers, just like your friends could help YOU through their prayers. The Blessed Mother is in the presence of Christ, So her prayers are that much more powerful than mine and yours.
God used her to bring Himself in flesh to the world. Why can't He use her again to bring the world to Him?
truth in Catholicism jethro: this only applies in the world of Catholicism, not world history because the teachings of the church are combinations of paganism and Christianity, when will Catholics understand this? when your on your death bed like most people? even the creator of Catholicism pagan empower Constantine did not change his religion until he was on his death bed, not being sure which if any religion was the right one. I do not believe the words of god "IF TRUE" are meant to be a religion or just a way of life. Jesus never states to his apostles to go forth and start a religion, only to preach/teach people his fathers word. are churches meant to be a religious place? or just a meeting house to hear the words of god?? man has corrupted the scriptures so bad we will never know the EXACT TRUTH unless god/Jesus appears before us while we are still alive. show me undeniable corroborating proof that what I just said is wrong. catholic web sites can not be used because it is Catholicism that is in dispute here and the sites are biased, they will not contain the truth, just like all other organized groups.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Charlie Sheen 257,618
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Catcher1 732,276
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 18 min Anandan 5,272
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min bacon hater 94,569
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 33 min Catcher1 173,231
0553403266 Body to body Massage Service in Dubai 34 min Dubai Massage 055... 9
skype show/paypal 36 min skypesexme 1
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min KiMare 226,082
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Holy dr Shrink 599,708

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••