Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 599783 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458620 Jul 3, 2013
I don't detest a god, as I don't believe in a god.

But I do detest religion, as it has been used for every crime under the sun, and all by humans who pretended to love one another.

What a shame!!!

Prince George, Canada

#458621 Jul 3, 2013
The man who now refers to his self as the second coming of Jesus preaches a loving gospel. He claims that all people are loved by GOD ... that there is no sin and no hell and no devil.

He needs body guards to protect him. My guess is, his worst enemies are Christians that put complete faith in hell, evil, and a devil "for others."

They want heaven ALL for their selves.

Religion is BUNK!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#458622 Jul 3, 2013
Christian science monitor:Vatican sex abuse scandal: Priests paid to leave.....jethro the church prays to god yet money is the answer to their prayers every time, why is that?

usa

#458623 Jul 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Okay. Qyestion for you Christian folks. When Adam and were formed and placed into the garden which entity at that time was the first entity that knew both good and evil? Even he was good at one time.........TILL INIQUITY ( evil ) was found in him as we are told in scripture. He didn't become evil by eating from some tree that made him aware of evil by eating its fruit. Scripture tells us that iniquity was found in him. Why? He is called the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. Are the lessons I give on this forum really too difficult for you guys?
you went way over their heads, I put a few simple questions to HOJO who claims to have done extensive research, yet he so far has not answered them, I still have a few more pages to go through, but so far I have not seen any answers to my questions.

usa

#458624 Jul 3, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and more....
Look at the title of this thread.
Then look at the behavior and recent legacy of the RCC.
Faith must be lived, if one believes in the teachings of Jesus.
Yesterday, 2 more Vatican officials were arrested in the ongoing Vatican bank scandal. And these poor brainwashed Catholics believe that has nothing to do with their church or Jesus.
WOW!!!! How brainwashed does one have to be to believe that Jesus allows His (supposed) only "church" to own a bank, yet alone make a mockery of His name.
How many RCC diocese in the USA and worldwide did Jesus want to be bankrupted by child sex abuse?
How many Cardinals need to be honored and protected by the Vatican for refusing to tell the truth about sexually abusive Priests?
What kind of people ignore such things, while at the same time claiming the churches of all others are not real churches of Jesus?
How else does one define evil?
Oops, I forgot. It's a problem for all church organizations.
**** Note how it becomes "all churches" instead of "one true church" when child sex abuse is the topic.
simple, the church is run by man, fallible man, that is the excuse you hear from Catholics, god knew that man would errr on his path to the promised land, so if he makes a mistake it's ok.....what rubbish. like it can be that simple, I highly doubt it, and anyone who supports the church supports child abuse as being ok for church clergy to do. it's a crime worse than killing a child, a child suffers briefly when being killed, an abused child suffers a life time and we are suppose to turn our backs to the problem because it's the pagan/Christian church? the so called true church? it can commit acts of hideous proportion one after the other and we are suppose to say " it's ok it is gods church it can do what ever it pleases"? again I repeat 1000+ times show me one sentence of undeniable proof that the headline of this forum is true. it can not be done.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458625 Jul 3, 2013
The late Pope John Paul II moved closer to sainthood on Tuesday after a commission of cardinals and bishops credited him with a second miracle since his death, Italian media reported.

A canonization ceremony for the Polish-born pontiff, who died in April 2005, could come as soon as December, news agency ANSA said. That would be the fastest progression to sainthood in modern times.

The remaining stage in the ancient procedure is a signature from the current pope, Francis, confirming the decision.

Vatican officials declined to comment.

The Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Vatican body that reviews candidates for sainthood, decided the pope's intercession was behind the healing of a woman from Costa Rica on May 1, 2011, according to the reports.

**DECIDED THE POPE'S INTERCESSION WAS BEHIND THE HEALING**

How does a normal sane person believe something like this? Cult members maybe????

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458626 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a hereafter, I wish the best for Mussolini.
I believe that just as theologians allowed power to go to their heads to in turn order the torture and killing of others ... although not because of religion, the same happened to Mussolini.
Having too much power over others corrupted him.
I don't believe that human behavior offends a creator, but I DO believe that whether in or not in religion, humans are all too often offensive to other humans.
Power corrupts.
~~~
ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY...

GOD has absolute power.

BUT

He never has and never will corrupt any person place or thing.

Why do you hate him so much?
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458627 Jul 3, 2013
Acts 14:14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their garments and rushed out into the crowd, crying out, 15 “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men, of like nature with you, and we bring you good news

**Paul says he is just like any other man...just like christian men of today.

**Pope John Paul must be something special**

James 5:17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth.

**Elijah was just like any other man...just like christian men of today.

** Pope John Paul must be something special**

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458628 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody can preach and believe what they preach is true.
Vanity and religion have always gone hand in hand.
Give a fool a bible, and that fool will never shut up.
~~~

You hate God and the Bible

but

your amount of post is evidence of just whom

it is that never holds their peace.

We all know who's hand are in perpetual motion to mischief.

usa

#458629 Jul 3, 2013
trivia question: In 2007, the Vatican released a document titled "The Hope of Salvation for Infants Who Die without Being Baptized," which cast doubt on the existence of what place? it is 11:02 a.m. you have one minute to answer, lets see how much you know about the church HOJO.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458630 Jul 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
The late Pope John Paul II moved closer to sainthood on Tuesday after a commission of cardinals and bishops credited him with a second miracle since his death, Italian media reported.
A canonization ceremony for the Polish-born pontiff, who died in April 2005, could come as soon as December, news agency ANSA said. That would be the fastest progression to sainthood in modern times.
The remaining stage in the ancient procedure is a signature from the current pope, Francis, confirming the decision.
Vatican officials declined to comment.
The Congregation for the Causes of Saints, the Vatican body that reviews candidates for sainthood, decided the pope's intercession was behind the healing of a woman from Costa Rica on May 1, 2011, according to the reports.
**DECIDED THE POPE'S INTERCESSION WAS BEHIND THE HEALING**
How does a normal sane person believe something like this? Cult members maybe????
So let me get this straight.....

The catholic leaders can determine a dead guy was behind the healing of a woman half a world away two years ago but they didn’t know someone was stealing money and molesting boys????

Interesting indeed.....

Prince George, Canada

#458631 Jul 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
GOD has absolute power.
You are wrong.

On earth the preachers have all the power to claim what the supposed many gods and goddess "believe."

You commit that crime of "emotional passion" every day, while you claim that a god "called" you to his "service."

You are one among many silly fools that play to your own folly.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458632 Jul 3, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> 2 Thess 2:11
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Marge--but you and Confrinting---"KNOW NOTHING" when it comes to the Apparitions at Fatima!!! I've been there and experienced the revelation!!

And so--you are saying that 2 Thess 2:11 debunks the apparitions at Fatima...... Now we can add you "cowboy" to the (never ending bible only) "KNOW NOTHING" list of 42,000 inconsistent Protestant "editoralist" self appointed interpreters (or better yet) MIS-interpreters of the bible who just "make it up" as they go along. You "fundies" continue to serve up more whoppers than burger king!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#458633 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
You hate God and the Bible
Liar! I would first have to believe in the existence of a god to hate the god ... which I don't!

I don't hate the new testament OR the old testament or the people that compiled nonsense in those books and claimed the nonsense was based on HOLY truth.

Hating would be a waste of my energy, and I don't plan to go there.
truth

Perth, Australia

#458634 Jul 3, 2013
they will come in my name..its not me..no

scripture make clear others who liked be bigger then god..
o well Jesus Christ know where i am ..they don't have as someone within..Did you sold your soul..yes you are..then you will know why they can't win..they choose darkness..where is light?

now
I am alright many wicket around me..many you can fill them everyday..

Prince George, Canada

#458635 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY...
I agree!

And you are certain you have complete power over the words in the bible and that you speak truth after being called by a god.

What you perceive as absolute biblical and godly power was corrupted and is corrupted by your self-centered VAIN glories ... and nothing BUT!

Prince George, Canada

#458636 Jul 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Marge--but you and Confrinting---"KNOW NOTHING"
Right-fighters know everything ... according to their selves.

Yet they say (out of other side of their mouths) that the god is "above" all human understanding.

:)
truth

Perth, Australia

#458637 Jul 3, 2013
no wicket set up..not me..i did not make any crime
remember that..wicket on front generations by generation prepeare..Are you for sure I am wrong..then you don't need any weapens against anyone.

Remember that..in matrix is so long evil..on most holy place is some..o you scribe Pharesee this and that..
Are you sure I am wrong?

Did I need died?
For what?!
a nkh
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458638 Jul 3, 2013
After reading this:

**The majority of catholics...if not all...will believe this because they believe catholic leaders have authority from God.

**David Koresh's followers believed him because they believed he had authority from God as well.

So how do catholics differ from the Koresh followers??

Prince George, Canada

#458639 Jul 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>simple, the church is run by man, fallible man, that is the excuse you hear from Catholics, god knew that man would errr on his path to the promised land, so if he makes a mistake it's ok.....what rubbish. like it can be that simple, I highly doubt it, and anyone who supports the church supports child abuse as being ok for church clergy to do. it's a crime worse than killing a child, a child suffers briefly when being killed, an abused child suffers a life time and we are suppose to turn our backs to the problem because it's the pagan/Christian church? the so called true church? it can commit acts of hideous proportion one after the other and we are suppose to say " it's ok it is gods church it can do what ever it pleases"? again I repeat 1000+ times show me one sentence of undeniable proof that the headline of this forum is true. it can not be done.
If there just happens to BE a creator ... that creator would know that these people sold their consciences out for the cheap promise of salvation.

No preacher ever managed to con me into following that silly dogma.

I don't believe I have to saved from my self.

Silly people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min House 272,418
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 33 min It aint necessari... 864,884
Is the problem of groping in India over exagger... (Jan '11) 42 min DTC 484
Rajkot gay Topix 2 hr chirag parmar 197
sex (May '13) 2 hr vapi btm 180
Interracial Dating 2 hr white stud 3
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 2 hr Dennis 42
The Christian Atheist debate 3 hr Justice League_ 2,009
White Lives MATTER 10 hr Burke Devlin 113
More from around the web