Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 543,393
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#458590 Jul 3, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint you Marge--but you and Confrinting---"KNOW NOTHING" when it comes to the Apparitions at Fatima!!! I've been there and experienced the revelation!!
2 Thess 2:11

Since: Nov 08

usa

#458591 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”
~ Epicurus ~
he is a god of nothing, he see's nothing, does nothing, shows nothing in the way of compassion that can be proven as fact. nothing about the one god theory can be proven as fact. where are the historical records? there should be mountains of them, yet there is only one, a mythical book without proof of it's stories being real or the imagination of men for power and profit.

usa

#458592 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The modernized Pagan religions promise that the goddess loves everybody.
It can't get much better than THAT.
This fellow knows how gullible believers lap up lies as a dog laps up its own vomit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
I watched a program on Primetime OWN.
The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"
Here he is, according to him, in the person of Jesus.
… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ifEACinhrAYXX
another twisted man who started a cult going back to 1973, how come after all these years we are just seriously hearing about him now? why didn't he come forward back in "73" when Jesus first entered his body? this shows how easily people can be fooled, and organized religion counts on that. I WILL NOT change my mind to that FACT, unless someone can come up with positive undeniable 100% accurate proof A god truly exists.

usa

#458593 Jul 3, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary is claimed to have said:
"You have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart."
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religi...
Most prayers in the RCC rosary begin with "Hail Mary."
Vatican II reaffirmed that Mary was sinless (the Bible says otherwise).
Vatican II reaffirmed Mary ascended bodily to Heaven (a 1950s invention).
Vatican II reaffirmed that Mary was crowned as the "Queen of Heaven." Vatican II reaffirmed that Mary can hear and answer prayers.
Yet somehow, the Gospels fails to mention any of this! How is it possible that not a single author made mention of a Queen of Heaven?
No such teachings are found ANYWHERE in the Bible. Isn't that strange?
It all made up by the same clowns who gave the world the "holy Roman Empire" and a huge sex-abuse cover-up.
It's not just me. All of this makes most people suspicious. What next? UFOs?
these teachings are not found because they do not exist except in the world of Catholicism, the one god theory is just as mysterious as the ufo phenomenon. do they exist? there is some compelling evidence out there from thousands of years ago that make you think, even in the bible, the giants that are mentioned, who were they? where did they come from and where did they go? are there any remains to prove they existed at all?
Clay

United States

#458594 Jul 3, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked and looked and looked and could not find "Fatima" in the Bible. Is this more hocus pocus mumbo jumbo Roman Catholic crap-o-la? Just say, Yes, OldJG, this is more hocus pocus mumbo jumbo Roman Catholic crap-o-la. Thank you Cly.
Old Gee said:

"You looked and looked and looked and could not find Fatima in the Bible"

What in theee heck is that supposed to mean?

Do you honestly believe all of Christianity is bottled up in those 72 Books....excuse me, 66 Books that make up your Bible?
If so, do you have Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says it is?
Do you have Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says the KJV version is to the correct collection of Books for his Bible?
thank you
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458595 Jul 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
142<quoted text>
I am positive, from your words, that you know not which end is up!!!!!!!
I do not believe in the gap theory, I am not swayed by every doctrine preached.
All I know for sure is that God by His Amazing Grace, Mercy and Love. Sent His son to die for my sins.

usa

#458596 Jul 3, 2013
Sister Mary entered the Monastery of Silence

The Priest said,'Sister, this is a silent monastery. You are welcome here as long as you like,

but you may not speak until directed to do so.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

Sister Mary lived in the monastery for 5 years before the Priest said to her,'Sister Mary, you

have been here for 5 years ; you may now speak two words.'

Sister Mary said, &#65533;&#65533;&# 65533;Hard bed.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

'I'm sorry to hear that,' the Priest said,'we will get you a better bed.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

After another 5 years, Sister Mary was summoned by the Priest.

'You may say another two words, Sister Mary.'

'Cold food,' said Sister Mary, and the Priest assured her that the food

would be better in the future.

On her 15th anniversary at the monastery, the Priest again called Sister

Mary in to his office.

&#65533;&#65533;&# 65533;You may say two words today.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

'I quit,' said Sister Mary.

'It's probably best;' said the Priest,'you've done nothing but bitch since you got here.&#65533;&#65533; &#65533;

usa

#458598 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she did. Maybe she didn't. It doesn't affect the truth in Catholicism either way.
For starters, she is not above Christ and does not act separately from Him. But she is a very powerful intercessor being the Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the spiritual Mother of Christians. So in that context, she could help anyone through her prayers, just like your friends could help YOU through their prayers. The Blessed Mother is in the presence of Christ, So her prayers are that much more powerful than mine and yours.
God used her to bring Himself in flesh to the world. Why can't He use her again to bring the world to Him?
truth in Catholicism jethro: this only applies in the world of Catholicism, not world history because the teachings of the church are combinations of paganism and Christianity, when will Catholics understand this? when your on your death bed like most people? even the creator of Catholicism pagan empower Constantine did not change his religion until he was on his death bed, not being sure which if any religion was the right one. I do not believe the words of god "IF TRUE" are meant to be a religion or just a way of life. Jesus never states to his apostles to go forth and start a religion, only to preach/teach people his fathers word. are churches meant to be a religious place? or just a meeting house to hear the words of god?? man has corrupted the scriptures so bad we will never know the EXACT TRUTH unless god/Jesus appears before us while we are still alive. show me undeniable corroborating proof that what I just said is wrong. catholic web sites can not be used because it is Catholicism that is in dispute here and the sites are biased, they will not contain the truth, just like all other organized groups.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#458599 Jul 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Dan: You think they have authority.
You've opened a Bible to read the Divinely Inspired Word of God, and they declared the canon, so you accept their authority.
The Catholics claim some questionable things by anyone's 'measure'.
Matthew, Mark, Luke, Peter, John and Paul were NOT Catholic.
While SOME Catholics may have been involved in putting those inspired writings into a single book, it gives them no credit for having produced it.
In fact, were it possible, the CC would burn that Book today. The scorn it receives on here is shameful.
KayMarie
LOL.

"They canonized it, but they shouldn't get any credit for having done it".

Brilliant, KM.

LOLOL

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458600 Jul 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is a god of nothing, he see's nothing, does nothing, shows nothing in the way of compassion that can be proven as fact. nothing about the one god theory can be proven as fact. where are the historical records? there should be mountains of them, yet there is only one, a mythical book without proof of it's stories being real or the imagination of men for power and profit.
All the stories of gods and goddesses were compiled by humans. One story is as re-lie-able as the other.

usa

#458601 Jul 3, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Why must you be incindiary and condescending? These are not Christ like attributes. Are they?
he can't help it, it is a catholic way of life to be mean and nasty and to tread on people, use them for as long as they can give, then walk away when all is taken.

Prince George, Canada

#458602 Jul 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused, child.
Christ is a myth.
Jesus likely was a real person.
Real people are not saviors of anything.

If some mortal human preached to me that he knew the one and only pathway to eternal bliss in a hereafter, I wouldn't believe him.

And if he told me that if I didn't believe him his father would send me to hell for eternity, I wouldn't believe him.

Would you???
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#458603 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Gee said:
"You looked and looked and looked and could not find Fatima in the Bible"
What in theee heck is that supposed to mean?
Do you honestly believe all of Christianity is bottled up in those 72 Books....excuse me, 66 Books that make up your Bible?
If so, do you have Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says it is?
Do you have Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says the KJV version is to the correct collection of Books for his Bible?
thank you
Perhaps a good dose of garlic would open the minds of these ignorant, arrogant and narrow-minded fundies?

Prince George, Canada

#458604 Jul 3, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Good at least a little bit of honesty.
I'm being honest about my opinions.

Except to you and those who agree with you, your opinions don't amount to much either.

Before your Christian myths came to earth as the newest mythical gossip, other religious myths were busy making trouble. The Jews were fighting with each over who had to follow whose right-fighting dogmas.

Their opinions were only of value to their selves and those who agreed with the "specialized" opinions.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#458605 Jul 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>truth in Catholicism jethro: this only applies in the world of Catholicism, not world history because the teachings of the church are combinations of paganism and Christianity, when will Catholics understand this? when your on your death bed like most people? even the creator of Catholicism pagan empower Constantine did not change his religion until he was on his death bed, not being sure which if any religion was the right one. I do not believe the words of god "IF TRUE" are meant to be a religion or just a way of life. Jesus never states to his apostles to go forth and start a religion, only to preach/teach people his fathers word. are churches meant to be a religious place? or just a meeting house to hear the words of god?? man has corrupted the scriptures so bad we will never know the EXACT TRUTH unless god/Jesus appears before us while we are still alive. show me undeniable corroborating proof that what I just said is wrong. catholic web sites can not be used because it is Catholicism that is in dispute here and the sites are biased, they will not contain the truth, just like all other organized groups.
'

If Catholicism is in dispute, one would use Catholic sources to first locate what the disputed Catholic teaching IS.

Then, use YOUR source to argue against the teaching.

that's called "informing your argument".

Easy, huh?

Prince George, Canada

#458606 Jul 3, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my brothers in Christ. You are far from that.
I hope so!

Prince George, Canada

#458607 Jul 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>So according to you I won't shut up because I have a Bible. That's fine but what's your excuse?
I don't need an excuse to post on a forum. It's a free for all affair.

I never have used a bible to try to claim that my interpretations of words were worthy of consideration. I recognized long ago the idea that if Catholics and Protestants had killed each other while bragging that their renditions of words from that book were based on truth ... there was something very wrong with that picture.

People suck words from that book as play-things for their own egos.

When it pertains to words in a bible ... truth seems to be anybody's guess.

Prince George, Canada

#458608 Jul 3, 2013
When people take the bible in hand, read the words and then argue about the meanings of the words, that ought to be a red flag for all that if you understood truth, you wouldn't BE arguing ... you would be agreeing.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458609 Jul 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>another twisted man who started a cult going back to 1973, how come after all these years we are just seriously hearing about him now? why didn't he come forward back in "73" when Jesus first entered his body? this shows how easily people can be fooled, and organized religion counts on that. I WILL NOT change my mind to that FACT, unless someone can come up with positive undeniable 100% accurate proof A god truly exists.
Matthew 24:23-28

King James Version (KJV)

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Matthew 16:27

King James Version (KJV)

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Acts 1:10-11

King James Version (KJV)

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Revelation 1:5-7

King James Version (KJV)

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458610 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need an excuse to post on a forum. It's a free for all affair.
I never have used a bible to try to claim that my interpretations of words were worthy of consideration. I recognized long ago the idea that if Catholics and Protestants had killed each other while bragging that their renditions of words from that book were based on truth ... there was something very wrong with that picture.
People suck words from that book as play-things for their own egos.
When it pertains to words in a bible ... truth seems to be anybody's guess.
And you suck words from other books written from atheist, etc, as if it were gospel.
You say your hate religion in fact you are the most religious person on these board.
You believe every ant-Christ word written by men.
Your as Phony as a 9 dollar bill.
Go preach your anti-Christ propaganda some where else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min NEWS-FLASH 173,933
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Catcher1 741,188
Can't believe so many Chinese people are racist!! (Mar '11) 25 min andet1987 36
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 29 min Dr_Zorderz 4,515
Last Word + 2 31 min Doug77 770
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min Ratloder 118,212
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 52 min blueeyedkat 764
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Attention 228,046
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 259,795
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 601,222