Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,016
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458600 Jul 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>he is a god of nothing, he see's nothing, does nothing, shows nothing in the way of compassion that can be proven as fact. nothing about the one god theory can be proven as fact. where are the historical records? there should be mountains of them, yet there is only one, a mythical book without proof of it's stories being real or the imagination of men for power and profit.
All the stories of gods and goddesses were compiled by humans. One story is as re-lie-able as the other.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#458601 Jul 3, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>Why must you be incindiary and condescending? These are not Christ like attributes. Are they?
he can't help it, it is a catholic way of life to be mean and nasty and to tread on people, use them for as long as they can give, then walk away when all is taken.

Prince George, Canada

#458602 Jul 3, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused, child.
Christ is a myth.
Jesus likely was a real person.
Real people are not saviors of anything.

If some mortal human preached to me that he knew the one and only pathway to eternal bliss in a hereafter, I wouldn't believe him.

And if he told me that if I didn't believe him his father would send me to hell for eternity, I wouldn't believe him.

Would you???
Garlic man

Troy, OH

#458603 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Gee said:
"You looked and looked and looked and could not find Fatima in the Bible"
What in theee heck is that supposed to mean?
Do you honestly believe all of Christianity is bottled up in those 72 Books....excuse me, 66 Books that make up your Bible?
If so, do you have Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says it is?
Do you have Book, Chapter and Verse where Christ says the KJV version is to the correct collection of Books for his Bible?
thank you
Perhaps a good dose of garlic would open the minds of these ignorant, arrogant and narrow-minded fundies?

Prince George, Canada

#458604 Jul 3, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Good at least a little bit of honesty.
I'm being honest about my opinions.

Except to you and those who agree with you, your opinions don't amount to much either.

Before your Christian myths came to earth as the newest mythical gossip, other religious myths were busy making trouble. The Jews were fighting with each over who had to follow whose right-fighting dogmas.

Their opinions were only of value to their selves and those who agreed with the "specialized" opinions.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#458605 Jul 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>truth in Catholicism jethro: this only applies in the world of Catholicism, not world history because the teachings of the church are combinations of paganism and Christianity, when will Catholics understand this? when your on your death bed like most people? even the creator of Catholicism pagan empower Constantine did not change his religion until he was on his death bed, not being sure which if any religion was the right one. I do not believe the words of god "IF TRUE" are meant to be a religion or just a way of life. Jesus never states to his apostles to go forth and start a religion, only to preach/teach people his fathers word. are churches meant to be a religious place? or just a meeting house to hear the words of god?? man has corrupted the scriptures so bad we will never know the EXACT TRUTH unless god/Jesus appears before us while we are still alive. show me undeniable corroborating proof that what I just said is wrong. catholic web sites can not be used because it is Catholicism that is in dispute here and the sites are biased, they will not contain the truth, just like all other organized groups.
'

If Catholicism is in dispute, one would use Catholic sources to first locate what the disputed Catholic teaching IS.

Then, use YOUR source to argue against the teaching.

that's called "informing your argument".

Easy, huh?

Prince George, Canada

#458606 Jul 3, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my brothers in Christ. You are far from that.
I hope so!

Prince George, Canada

#458607 Jul 3, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>So according to you I won't shut up because I have a Bible. That's fine but what's your excuse?
I don't need an excuse to post on a forum. It's a free for all affair.

I never have used a bible to try to claim that my interpretations of words were worthy of consideration. I recognized long ago the idea that if Catholics and Protestants had killed each other while bragging that their renditions of words from that book were based on truth ... there was something very wrong with that picture.

People suck words from that book as play-things for their own egos.

When it pertains to words in a bible ... truth seems to be anybody's guess.

Prince George, Canada

#458608 Jul 3, 2013
When people take the bible in hand, read the words and then argue about the meanings of the words, that ought to be a red flag for all that if you understood truth, you wouldn't BE arguing ... you would be agreeing.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458609 Jul 3, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>another twisted man who started a cult going back to 1973, how come after all these years we are just seriously hearing about him now? why didn't he come forward back in "73" when Jesus first entered his body? this shows how easily people can be fooled, and organized religion counts on that. I WILL NOT change my mind to that FACT, unless someone can come up with positive undeniable 100% accurate proof A god truly exists.
Matthew 24:23-28

King James Version (KJV)

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Matthew 16:27

King James Version (KJV)

27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Acts 1:10-11

King James Version (KJV)

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Revelation 1:5-7

King James Version (KJV)

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458610 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need an excuse to post on a forum. It's a free for all affair.
I never have used a bible to try to claim that my interpretations of words were worthy of consideration. I recognized long ago the idea that if Catholics and Protestants had killed each other while bragging that their renditions of words from that book were based on truth ... there was something very wrong with that picture.
People suck words from that book as play-things for their own egos.
When it pertains to words in a bible ... truth seems to be anybody's guess.
And you suck words from other books written from atheist, etc, as if it were gospel.
You say your hate religion in fact you are the most religious person on these board.
You believe every ant-Christ word written by men.
Your as Phony as a 9 dollar bill.
Go preach your anti-Christ propaganda some where else.

Prince George, Canada

#458611 Jul 3, 2013
Imagine the arrogance of this Puritan preacher, who was certain that his interpretations of the bible were the be-all and end-all concerning "truth."

He was nothing but a dictator, wanting to enforce his own rules of conduct by using words from a bible as though a god "approved."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

History of the United States … by Charles A. Beard and Mary R. Beard. The Macmillan Company 1923.

The clergy became a powerful class, dominant through their learning and their fearful denunciations of the faithless. They wrote the books for the people to read—the famous Cotton Mather having three hundred and eighty-three books and pamphlets to his credit. In cooperation with the civil officers they enforced a strict observance of the Puritan Sabbath—a day of rest that began at six o-clock on Saturday evening and lasted until sunset on Sunday. All work, all trading, all amusement, and all worldly conversations were absolutely prohibited during those hours. A thoughtless maid servant who for some earthly reason smiled in church was in danger of being banished as a vagabond. Robert Pike, a devout Puritan, thinking the Sun had gone to rest, ventured forth on horseback one Sunday evening and was luckless enough to have a ray of light strike him through a rift in the clouds. The next day he was brought into court and fined for “his ungodly conduct.” With persons accused of witchcraft the Puritans were still more ruthless. When a mania of persecution swept over Massachusetts in 1692, eighteen people were hanged, one was pressed to death, many suffered imprisonment, and two died in jail.

“Let the Children”

Since: Aug 08

Come To Me

#458612 Jul 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe in the gap theory, I am not swayed by every doctrine preached.
All I know for sure is that God by His Amazing Grace, Mercy and Love. Sent His son to die for my sins.
Exactly ..I agree ..it is a simple belief IF YOU BELiEVE IT.

The Spirit opens our Eyes to the Word.

Jesus taught the Way to the Father was through HIM..And the Spirit is inattentive us.

He gave us the free gift if Grace b y taking our sins to the Cross.

All this added on stuff may be interesting..thought provoking ..

Was Mary a MOTHER of surrogate

Did Jesus have siblings

Seven sacraments or two..

Thud ritual or that.

We will find out in heaven IF GOD CHOOSES to dignify our differences with answers..

But the basic truth lies in His Shed blood and if we accept it.

Prince George, Canada

#458613 Jul 3, 2013
Many devout religious believers of today are certain that the world is drenched in evil ... all except for them of course, as they perceive they are pure and holy because of the grace of a god.

Never have so many people been allowed to live as occurs today, and that is because those such as the Puritan Preachers can not use the bible to put others to death.

The problem "stemmed" from putting faith IN the religion itself.

The theologians were killing people for the least little "grievance" in the name of gods.

May we never suffer from religion running government ever, ever again!!!
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

#458614 Jul 3, 2013
Garlic man wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps a good dose of garlic would open the minds of these ignorant, arrogant and narrow-minded fundies?
Actually a old fashion revival, where the Holy Spirit renews and refreshes those of us who claim we are Christians.
We have become slugs, lazy, lack power,'BECAUSE WE HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO WE ARE IN CHRISTS JESUS'

IF WE ARE THE BODY OF CHRIST, WHY ARE WE GRAVELING WITH THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD. WHO WANT NOTHING MORE THEN TO ARGUE WITH US AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD.

WE DO NOT HAVE TO ARGUE GODS WORD; JESUS SAID TO PRESENT IF THEY ACCEPT IT GREAT IF THEY DO NOT WIPE YOU FEET AND GO ON.

Prince George, Canada

#458615 Jul 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
And you suck words from other books written from atheist, etc, as if it were gospel.
You say your hate religion in fact you are the most religious person on these board.
You believe every ant-Christ word written by men.
Your as Phony as a 9 dollar bill.
Go preach your anti-Christ propaganda some where else.
If you had the chance, on your orders, I would be put to death as an offender of "your" specialized god.

There's no question about your motives.

Dictators idolize dictating, and bibles are very handy in that regard.

"THIS IS WHAT GOD COMMANDS ... AND YOU WILL FOLLOW HIS WILL ... OR ELSE!!!"

And they preach and they preach and they preach that all they care about is LOVE!

Shysters in god-garb!

Prince George, Canada

#458616 Jul 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually a old fashion revival, where the Holy Spirit renews and refreshes those of us who claim we are Christians.
We have become slugs, lazy, lack power,'BECAUSE WE HAVE FORGOTTEN WHO WE ARE IN CHRISTS JESUS'
IF WE ARE THE BODY OF CHRIST, WHY ARE WE GRAVELING WITH THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD. WHO WANT NOTHING MORE THEN TO ARGUE WITH US AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD.
WE DO NOT HAVE TO ARGUE GODS WORD; JESUS SAID TO PRESENT IF THEY ACCEPT IT GREAT IF THEY DO NOT WIPE YOU FEET AND GO ON.
Shout it out preacher. You can no longer use that bible to burn me at the stake for contradicting your interpretations.

I understand your disappointment!!!

On another thread of a forum a frustrated devout died in the wool Catholic wrote the following.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Post 42246 Oct 9, 2008 Bob wrote

"We need another Inquisition!!!The Old Timers here where I live agree."

Prince George, Canada

#458617 Jul 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you meant "inquisition." Burn a few people here and there at the stake, for adultery, homosexuality, taking "god's" name in vain, stealing, et cetera.

Any occasion to devout Christians was good enough to celebrate Jesus' supposed presence on earth.

Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

#458618 Jul 3, 2013
This was a prime example of how Christians celebrated Jesus' supposed presence on earth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

The following is from the book titled “ONE CANADA … memoirs of the right honorable John G. Diefenbaker.”

Great-grandfather told my mother a story of life in the early 1830s which I have always found instructive. The greatest celebration of all in Upper Canada,(my note- now in the province of Ontario) one that brought all the people together within a reasonable distance, was a public execution. He himself had been present at one. The pioneers arrived a day ahead for the festivities. With whiskey selling at less than a dollar a gallon, liquor became a source not only of exhilaration but of inspiration for the assembled, enabling them the more to enjoy the spectacle. The condemned man was a teenager whose offence had been pickpocketing. The death penalty was then imposed for some fifty or sixty offences. The law was less harsh than it had been: no longer were prisoners drawn and quartered. But the theory was that punishment must be imposed so that the criminal would understand the gravity of the sin he had committed. Also, deterrence was then the argument and still is among those who advocate capital punishment. On this occasion, the young man made a speech in the traditional style of condemned criminals in Upper Canada: he admitted his guilt and asked forgiveness. He was not restricted to a fixed length of time, since time really meant nothing. While he was making his testimony of guilt, four of the assembled pioneers found that their pockets had been picked.

Prince George, Canada

#458619 Jul 3, 2013
The Christians were considerate that those being put to death always had the chance to first get their selves "right" with "god" before they were killed by the LOVE of the Christians.

Sarcasm intended.

Your religion should sicken you ... if you had any conscience left with which to function!!!

Instead you revel in it, as pigs revel in slop!

Despicable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Buck Crick 765,060
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min lil whispers 603,672
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min Rick in Kansas 263,604
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min Student 39,162
Moses never existed 23 min Khatru 563
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 28 min confused 5,439
22 F underwear model!!!! im so horny 35 min harrypotter254 3
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr top dubai 1,185
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 4 hr truth 932

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE