Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653948 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458781 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were a student of the bible. Do you skip the parts you don't like?
I thought your church gave the world the bible, yet you don't read it, or believe it.
Jesus is our Passover lamb, when we have communion we do it in remembrance of what Jesus did for us. Every time we sit down to a meal with family and say grace over the meal, every communion we share with our Christian brothers and sister in
Christ we are celebrating the Passover meal in remembrance of Jesus..
The wafer and wine doesn't change to the flesh and blood of Jesus.
That is insane to think it would.
Sorry I am not trying to be cruel Anthony.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#458782 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tiger, could you please provide Book, chapter and verse where Christ tells us the Books of the KJV are 'the Bible'?
Could you also show where Jesus Christ says those particular set of Book are to be the sole authority on His Ministry?
Thanks.
There you go again, Clay. I simply quoted text from a KJV and you go into some absurd conjecture that it is not scripture.
You Catholics are not impressing any of us that you know ANYTHING of what scripture is about let alone what the apostle John wrote.

NO MAN HAS EVER DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN.

Though a very few were translated and taken up to Heaven as scripture tells us.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For David ascended not into heaven; but he himself said: The Lord said to my Lord, sit thou on my right hand,... Acts 2:34

David is not in Heaven????! He is yet with us in a sepulchre.

Acts 2:29-34
29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.

30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne

31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.

33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

34 “For David DID NOT ascend into the heavens...

Clay, you may believe something CONTRARY to scripture.
Suit yourself if you don't believe we die and rest in a grave until Jesus awakes us, resurrects us and translates us. Pity you.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458783 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They're called Saints. They are in the presence of God. They pray to Him for us if we ask, just like you asking one of your SBC friends to pray for you.
Call him or her by whatever name you want....how do you and/or the pope know that any particular person is in Heaven???????? Just declaring him to be in Heaven does not equate to him being there...

My SBC friends are alive and well...and I can prove it.. I know they hear me and can prove it..I have no problem asking them to pray for me, because I know they will pray to God the Father in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458784 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is Jesus said;
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
You say; "No way, ahs ain't no cannibal!!"
~~~

By Websters definition of Cannibal you are.. a
Cannibal

CANNIBAL, n. A human being that eats human flesh; a man-eater, or anthropophagite.

Maneater
MAN'EATER, n. A human being that feeds on human flesh; a cannibal; an anthropophagite.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458785 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I say the biblical evidence supports Catholicism, so does he. What is your authority to declare us out of alignment?
What is your authority to declare that catholicism aligns with anything other than itself?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458786 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is too. That's what it means when the Church recognizes a saint.
What's hypocritical to me is people like Chuck who have no problem declaring a fellow congregant in heaven as soon as they die, but bashes the Catholic Church for doing it.
But does God as I t for the Church s opinion or ritual???

We assume if you'd I e being saved ..that's where you are.

Only God knows for sure of course .

But saying he is a saint ..We do not pray to him
http://www.catholic-saints.info/catholic-sain...

There are mire but that is a prayer TO St Peter ..
Clay

Garden City, MI

#458787 Jul 3, 2013
Tiger Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, Clay. I simply quoted text from a KJV and you go into some absurd conjecture that it is not scripture.
You Catholics are not impressing any of us that you know ANYTHING of what scripture is about let alone what the apostle John wrote.
NO MAN HAS EVER DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN.
Though a very few were translated and taken up to Heaven as scripture tells us.
Douay-Rheims Bible
For David ascended not into heaven; but he himself said: The Lord said to my Lord, sit thou on my right hand,... Acts 2:34
David is not in Heaven????! He is yet with us in a sepulchre.
Acts 2:29-34
29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day.
30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne
31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.
32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses.
33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
34 “For David DID NOT ascend into the heavens...
Clay, you may believe something CONTRARY to scripture.
Suit yourself if you don't believe we die and rest in a grave until Jesus awakes us, resurrects us and translates us. Pity you.
I love scripture. I participate in scripture by being a Catholic.
I think you guys pervert the very meaning of sacred scripture. For some reason unbeknownst to logic, you think the Bible appeared out of the sky and the Apostles handed it out to everyone to interpret themselves.

My question to you was: Could you provide book, chapter and verse where Christ tells us which Books belong in the Bible?
Book, chapter and verse where Christ says those particular Books are to be the sole source of authority on His Ministry?

If you can't answer that, then why on Earth do you preach the Bible like you do?

Location hidden

#458788 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that.
Oxbow wrote:
072 Anthony MN wrote: We've been receiving the chalice in every mass, weekday and Sunday for a number of years in my parish.
----
If the Catholics base their practice of eating what they say is the actual body of Christ, and drinking the what they say is the actual blood of Christ...why did it take them that long to "get it right"...
Did not Christ say "eat my body AND drink my blood????
When I were a Catholic...the congregation only got the "body"...why were they not also given the "blood"????

I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ.

#458789 Jul 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE...
"It ain't our fault some Protesters showed up and put a false label on our Bible. "
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE NO HOLY BIBLE..AS DEFINED IN GREEK
Bible
BI'BLE, n.[Gr. a book.]
THE BOOK, by way of eminence; the sacred volume, in which are contained the revelations of God, the principles of Christian faith, and the rules of practice. It consists of two parts, called the Old and New Testaments.
The Bible should be the standard of language as well as of faith.
That is unless you call your CATECHISM YOUR BIBLE...
~~~

Testament Defined
TEST'AMENT, n.[L. testamentum, from testor, to make a will.]

1. A solemn authentic instrument in writing, by which a person declares his will as to the disposal of his estate and effects after his death. This is otherwise called a will. A testament,to be valid, must be made when the testator is of sound mind, and it must be subscribed, witnessed and published in such manner as the law prescribes.

A man in certain cases may make a valid will by words only, and such will is called nuncupative.

2. The name of each general division of the canonical books of the sacred Scriptures; as the Old Testament; the New Testament. The name is equivalent to covenant, and in our use of it, we apply it to the books which contain the old and new dispensations; that of Moses, and that of Jesus Christ.

JESUS ....IS THE TESTATOR OF THE NEW TESTAMENT...

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

HE SIGNED THE new testament with his lifes blood

SAID IT IS FINISHED AND BOWED HIS HEAD AND DIED

AFTER THREE DAYS HE AROSE from the dead to become the

Co-executor
CO-EXECUTOR, n. A joint executor. WITH THE HEAVENLY FATHER of the NEW TESTAMENT...

Rom_8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,

who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#458790 Jul 3, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Rose, I am inclined to think, from reading your posts, that you are a gentle soul. And I thank God for the grace of kindness that He has bestowed upon you. AS to your post above, think of it this way: Lets say a soldier at war lays down his life to save not only our freedoms but also the lives of his entire fellow soldiers. He comes home less an arm or a leg or both. Everyone knows he is a hero, yet they (the USA) commend him with the medals to show that he will eternally be recognized as a hero. That is exactly what the Church does with saints. Though everyone recognizes that the person merits the opportunity to be received into the Kingdom of Heaven, the Church is just outwardly, in a human sense, commending them with the title of "Saint in heaven".
Peace be with you sweet child of God!
Thank you for your kind words..you seem gentle also.

I BELUEVE there are saints in every denomination and some in no denomination..I understand why the Church wants to honor him..He is by far the best Pope I have known in my decades if life.

I knew he was g king to be canonized as soon as he died..him and Mother Theresa.
Thing I s he was most likely a saint the minute He left this earth.

But praying TO HIM .And people do PRAY TO SAINTS ..I or a need h is as a child ...now the Church says it never did ..And that is NOT true

We had feast days.processions to crown Mary...patron saints ...And we prayed TO them..

But as I came to the true faith o f the heart ..I learned it is wrong to pray TO anyone but Jesus..the Fath e r or the Holy Spirit....in other words only pray TO GOD.

http://www.catholic-saints.info/catholic-sain...

THAT link is a prayer TO PETER..THE whole site is full of prayers TO Saints.

If I BELUEVE my neighbor is in heaven ..I might pray to God to bless him..But not TO HIM.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458791 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Tiger, could you please provide Book, chapter and verse where Christ tells us the Books of the KJV are 'the Bible'?
Could you also show where Jesus Christ says those particular set of Book are to be the sole authority on His Ministry?
Thanks.
clay could you please show us where it says in the Bible that mary is the Queen of heaven and we are to pray to her
Clay

Garden City, MI

#458792 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE...
"It ain't our fault some Protesters showed up and put a false label on our Bible. "
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS HAVE NO HOLY BIBLE..AS DEFINED IN GREEK
Bible
BI'BLE, n.[Gr. a book.]
THE BOOK, by way of eminence; the sacred volume, in which are contained the revelations of God, the principles of Christian faith, and the rules of practice. It consists of two parts, called the Old and New Testaments.
The Bible should be the standard of language as well as of faith.
That is unless you call your CATECHISM YOUR BIBLE...
Do you believe Jesus Christ established the Books as the sole authority on His Ministry?
If so, how come no one ever heard of that until the Books were published and Luther got a hold of them in 16th century?

I'm not trying to be a jerk. But if we are going to have any theological discussion, you need to start explaining why you use the scriptures to trash the Catholic Church.

#458793 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
Testament Defined
TEST'AMENT, n.[L. testamentum, from testor, to make a will.]
1. A solemn authentic instrument in writing, by which a person declares his will as to the disposal of his estate and effects after his death. This is otherwise called a will. A testament,to be valid, must be made when the testator is of sound mind, and it must be subscribed, witnessed and published in such manner as the law prescribes.
A man in certain cases may make a valid will by words only, and such will is called nuncupative.
2. The name of each general division of the canonical books of the sacred Scriptures; as the Old Testament; the New Testament. The name is equivalent to covenant, and in our use of it, we apply it to the books which contain the old and new dispensations; that of Moses, and that of Jesus Christ.
JESUS ....IS THE TESTATOR OF THE NEW TESTAMENT...
Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
HE SIGNED THE new testament with his lifes blood
SAID IT IS FINISHED AND BOWED HIS HEAD AND DIED
AFTER THREE DAYS HE AROSE from the dead to become the
Co-executor
CO-EXECUTOR, n. A joint executor. WITH THE HEAVENLY FATHER of the NEW TESTAMENT...
Rom_8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again,
who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
~~~

IT IS UNLAWFUL/ILLEGAL TO CHANGE THE WILL OF THE TESTATOR AFTER THE TESTATOR HAS DIED...

Only BORN AGAIN BELIEVERS ARE sons of God

ONLY SON'S OF GOD ARE HEIRS...

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

___

Rom_8:17 And if children/SONS, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAVE REJECTED THE TESTAMENT OF THE TESTATOR JESUS CHRIST..THEY HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CHANGE THE TESTAMENT OF GOD TO FIT THEIR OWN RELIGIOUS HEATHENISM.

THOSE THAT DO SUCH ... HAVE NO INHERITANCE... THEY ARE NOT BORN AGAIN SONS OF GOD.

AND
Clay

Garden City, MI

#458794 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
By Websters definition of Cannibal you are.. a
Cannibal
CANNIBAL, n. A human being that eats human flesh; a man-eater, or anthropophagite.
Maneater
MAN'EATER, n. A human being that feeds on human flesh; a cannibal; an anthropophagite.
The Eucharist ingredients are still bread. And we don't eat it to satisfy are physical hunger.
We eat it to satisfy our spiritual hunger and because Christ commanded us to.
Upon the words of the valid Priest: "This I My Body", the bread becomes the literal body, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ. This is what the Apostles taught us, why do you try to undo it?

#458795 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Jesus Christ established the Books as the sole authority on His Ministry?
If so, how come no one ever heard of that until the Books were published and Luther got a hold of them in 16th century?
I'm not trying to be a jerk. But if we are going to have any theological discussion, you need to start explaining why you use the scriptures to trash the Catholic Church.
`~~~

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called) CHURCH

trashed itself when it set aside the TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST AND

ATTEMPTED TO WRITE IT'S OWN TESTAMENT.

#458796 Jul 3, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The Eucharist ingredients are still bread. And we don't eat it to satisfy are physical hunger.
We eat it to satisfy our spiritual hunger and because Christ commanded us to.
Upon the words of the valid Priest: "This I My Body", the bread becomes the literal body, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ. This is what the Apostles taught us, why do you try to undo it?
~~~

THE DISCIPLES TAUGHT YOU NO SUCH THING...

DON'T BLAME YOUR CANNIBALISM ON THEM..

THEY WERE NOT CANNIBALS NEITHER WERE THEY VAMPIRES.

YOUR CHURCH IS VOID OF UNDERSTANDING...
Clay

Garden City, MI

#458797 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
`~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC (so called) CHURCH
trashed itself when it set aside the TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST AND
ATTEMPTED TO WRITE IT'S OWN TESTAMENT.
But they established the New Testament at the council of Rome (382 AD); the councils of Hippo and Carthage (393, 401 and 407 AD).

Where do you think the New Testament came from?
Please don't say "God" and run away. I believe God inspired those authors too.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#458798 Jul 3, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>I have worshipped in an Assembly of God Church. What I remember the most about this was joy and thankfulness. There is no question that I felt the Holy Spirit. The Orthodox Service-the contrast- very somber. Yet God reached me both ways. Why do we God that God has to
dance to our choreography? That's how the people missed Who Jesus was the first time.
It's like putting Him in a box ..He boulevards US ..No one else..have to do it our way.

Forgetting it is ALL ABOUT JESUS and what He did .

When I was a kid we were told it might be possible for a protestant to go Whitehaven..But they did not have the gift of true f with like the CC does..But we were FORBIDDEN to goblins Protestant church ..it was a sin

Maybe they were afraid that like you we might feel the pull of the HOLY..Spirit there..not checking who told us..They believed it was sinful..But the CC put out the rules.

I admit yo not living as a,Christian for years....

But I determined that my child woukd not have such a burden on her.

She learned Christianity from m e partly but became a real Christian through the school I I found by God's grace.

He watches over us even when we do not deserve it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458799 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is Jesus said;
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
You say; "No way, ahs ain't no cannibal!!"
You Roman Catholics always quit reading this parable of Jesus at verse 56. Let us read on beginning at verse 61.........

John 6:61-63, 61 "But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this? 62 Then what if you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where he was before? 63 IT IS THE SPIRIT WHO GIVES LIFE; THE FLESH IS NO HELP AT ALL. THE WORDS THAT I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU ARE SPIRIT AND LIFE."

There is no life in what you eat. NONE. This is what Jesus has told you. It is the SPIRIT who gives life. The flesh...(you eat) is no help at all. NO HELP AT ALL!!!
Clay

Garden City, MI

#458800 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE DISCIPLES TAUGHT YOU NO SUCH THING...
DON'T BLAME YOUR CANNIBALISM ON THEM..
THEY WERE NOT CANNIBALS NEITHER WERE THEY VAMPIRES.
YOUR CHURCH IS VOID OF UNDERSTANDING...
Yes they did. Their students wrote about it too.

"They abstain from the Eucharist and prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Flesh which suffered for our sins and the Father, in His Goodness, raised up again. They who deny this gift are perishing in their disputes"

This about quote was from Ignatius of Antioch. He knew the Apostles personally.
In you opinion Confrint, do you think Ignatius also got the proper teachings wrong?
It begs the question: At what point in history, do you think Christianity got completely messed up? You've often said it was Constantine and the Roman Empires legalization of Christianity... but I just showed you a quote that was much much earlier than Constantine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min Spit on Hangman 973,772
I posed as black to get into medical school 22 min vijaychokalingam 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 26 min bad bob 183,172
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 38 min Catcher1 63,869
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 46 min Pegasus 281,863
Seeking Females in kent 1 hr Villain77 1
forex enigma free download 1 hr amazon9 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Lbj 106,491
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 13 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web