Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
442,341 - 442,360 of 536,917 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
QUESTION..
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS NO AUTHORITY UPON THE EARTH...
JESUS DOES
Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All --->power<--- is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
POWER DEFINED IN GREEK
G1849
&#949;&#787;&#958; &#959;&#965;&#963; &#953;&#769;&#945;
exousia
ex-oo-see'-ah
From G1832 (in the sense of ability); privilege, that is,(subjectively) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (objectively) mastery (concretely magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence:- authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.
THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE BIBLE WHERE HE DELEGATED HIS POWER TO ANY SPECIFIC RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION...
You think they have authority.

You've opened a Bible to read the Divinely Inspired Word of God, and they declared the canon, so you accept their authority.
Dan

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Catholic running from a simple question.
In the almost 100 years since Fatima, has the RCC ever called into question the authenticity of the message given by Mary, recorded by and later reported by the Church?
Never.
Now read the so-called "2nd secret" and tell us how Mary isn't a goddess.
As for your deposit of faith, you don't even know which teachings are considered "infallible from God" and which are not. There is no list, because the RCC doesn't want you to be too knowledgeable. Then it would all fall apart - like the Fatima "secrets."
Yeah, they did question it.

It took 13 years before any statement was made, and as late as 2010 they're still hashing it out.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

<quoted text>
QUESTION..
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS NO AUTHORITY UPON THE EARTH...
JESUS DOES
Mat_28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All --->power<--- is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
POWER DEFINED IN GREEK
G1849
&#949;&#787;&#958; &#959;&#965;&#963; &#953;&#769;&#945;
exousia
ex-oo-see'-ah
From G1832 (in the sense of ability); privilege, that is,(subjectively) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (objectively) mastery (concretely magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence:- authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.
THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE BIBLE WHERE HE DELEGATED HIS POWER TO ANY SPECIFIC RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATION...
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS CLAIM PETER HAS THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM

AND YOU CLAIM YOU OWN PETER..

YOU MIGHT HAVE THE KEYS TO YOUR HOUSE BUT THE MORTGAGE COMPANY OWNS IT..

YOU DON'T MAKE THE PAYMENTS HE REPOSSESSES IT...

LON TIME AGO YOU GAVE UP ANY CLIM TO HEAVENS DOOR (if you ever had the keys...

You rented it out to paganism, fables conjecture lies and myths...and
just about ever ungodly sin that comes down the pyke...

You are the walking dead......

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Shameful:

Liberty Institute is representing Audrey Jarvis, 19, a liberal arts major at the northern California university.

On June 27, Jarvis was working for the university’s Associated Students Productions at a student orientation fair for incoming freshmen. During the event, her supervisor directed her to remove the cross necklace.

Sasser said the supervisor told her that the chancellor had a policy against wearing religious items and further explained “that she could not wear her cross necklace because it might offend others, it might make incoming students feel unwelcome, or it might cause incoming students to feel that ASP was not an organization they should join.”

“My initial reaction was one of complete shock,” Jarvis told Fox News.“I was thrown for a loop.”

Jarvis said she is a devout Catholic and she wears the cross as a symbol of her faith in Christ.

“I was offended because I believe as a Christian woman it is my prerogative to display my faith any way I like so long as it is not harming anyone else,” she said.“I was very hurt and felt as if the university’s mission statement – which includes tolerance and inclusivity to all – was violated.”

On a second encounter, her supervisor told her she should hide the cross under her shirt or remove it.

Sasser, who is representing the college student, said the university should apologize for their actions.

“It’s unfortunate there are university officials out there who think that it’s okay to tell Christians to hide their faith – but would cringe if somebody said the same thing about hiding someone’s pride in whatever political or cultural affiliation they may have,” he told Fox News.

He said the law is clear on the matter –“state employees may wear crosses while they are performing their duties as long as the wearing does not interfere with the employees’ duties or harm the employer’s business interests.”

University spokeswoman Susan Kashack confirmed to Fox News that the incident occurred and expressed extreme regret.

“Someone who works here was concerned that the cross might be off-putting to students who are coming to campus for the first time,” she said.

Kashack said the supervisor was “completely wrong.”

“It was absolutely an inappropriate action for him to make that request of her,” she said.

Kashack said Sonoma State President Ruben Arminana was “angered” by the incident and they are trying to contact Jarvis so they can apologize.

“The president was very upset about it and asked me to contact Miss Jarvis and give a profuse apology,” she said.

She said they have spoken with the employee involved in the incident but won’t reveal the contents of their discussion or whether he was punished.

“Things like this don’t happen here,” she said.“It’s very unusual. People here are very aware of discrimination. It’s possible that political correctness got out of hand.”

Audrey’s mother, Debbie, told Fox News she was devastated when she heard what happened to her daughter.

“She’s a strong Christian, a faith-filled young woman who spent her summers at Catholic camp,” Jarvis said.“She’s just full of the Lord.”

Audrey called her parents after she was told to remove the cross and Mrs. Jarvis recalled an emotional conversation.

“She doesn’t wear the cross as a fashion statement,” she said.“It’s a statement of her faith.”

As she tried to console her daughter, Jarvis reminded her that “we are still one nation under God.”

“And she told me,‘Mom, it doesn’t feel like that here,” Jarvis said.“Our faith was attacked. It’s unnerving. I know what’s going on in this country. I know Christianity is being attacked. Now, I know it first-hand and it sickens me and saddens me.”

Jarvis said it’s time for people of faith to take a stand.

“We need to band together as Christians and fight back,” she said.

LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever wonder why this supposed creator created Adam and Eve as adults, and yet thereafter babies were born absolutely helpless?
And being an all-knowing creator, it knew that those babies would often be abused and many of them finally murdered by the parents who should have been (by an all-benevolent designer) to be loving care-givers.
If a creator exists, it's a cruel maniac in thought and deed!
And you wonder why the world is like it is June, Its people like you with your ugly out look on life.
You read books by people who make claims to the way you think about God, religion , and people in general.
You believe everything they say, and the negativity has rubbed off on you.
What goes into a person is what will come out.
You keep eating from the bottom of a garbage can, you become what you consume.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Dan: You think they have authority.
You've opened a Bible to read the Divinely Inspired Word of God, and they declared the canon, so you accept their authority.

The Catholics claim some questionable things by anyone's 'measure'.
Matthew, Mark, Luke, Peter, John and Paul were NOT Catholic.
While SOME Catholics may have been involved in putting those inspired writings into a single book, it gives them no credit for having produced it.

In fact, were it possible, the CC would burn that Book today. The scorn it receives on here is shameful.

KayMarie
Clay

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan will never give a simple answer.
Again --- Yes or No?
In the almost 100 years since Fatima, has the RCC ever called into question the authenticity of the message given by Mary, recorded by and later reported by the Church?
You say the kids may have been confused and misquoted Mary. Yet in 1930, the local Bishops proclaimed it all authentic.
When has the Vatican ever disagreed?
Benny Hinn must be jealous.
Ok Jac, one more time- and I hope you listen..

The Catholic Church has claimed the events of Fatima (Miracle of the Sun, Marian apparitions, the countless healings) as worthy of belief. In other words: The Church has declared that its ok for Catholics to believe them or not to believe them. The messages are not to be considered official Church teachings. They were revealed to three little kids. That's called a PRIVATE revelation.
The messages at Fatima were given to three fallible Children. Period.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

who="confrinting with the word" Shameful:
Liberty Institute is representing Audrey Jarvis, 19, a liberal arts major at the northern California university.
On June 27, Jarvis was working for the university’s Associated Students Productions at a student orientation fair for incoming freshmen. During the event, her supervisor directed her to remove the cross necklace.
Sasser said the supervisor told her that the chancellor had a policy against wearing religious items and further explained “that she could not wear her cross necklace because it might offend others, it might make incoming students feel unwelcome, or it might cause incoming students to feel that ASP was not an organization they should join.”
“My initial reaction was one of complete shock,” Jarvis told Fox News.“I was thrown for a loop.”
Jarvis said she is a devout Catholic and she wears the cross as a symbol of her faith in Christ.
“I was offended because I believe as a Christian woman it is my prerogative to display my faith any way I like so long as it is not harming anyone else,” she said.“I was very hurt and felt as if the university’s mission statement – which includes tolerance and inclusivity to all – was violated.”
On a second encounter, her supervisor told her she should hide the cross under her shirt or remove it.
Sasser, who is representing the college student, said the university should apologize for their actions.
“It’s unfortunate there are university officials out there who think that it’s okay to tell Christians to hide their faith – but would cringe if somebody said the same thing about hiding someone’s pride in whatever political or cultural affiliation they may have,” he told Fox News.
He said the law is clear on the matter –“state employees may wear crosses while they are performing their duties as long as the wearing does not interfere with the employees’ duties or harm the employer’s business interests.”
University spokeswoman Susan Kashack confirmed to Fox News that the incident occurred and expressed extreme regret.
“Someone who works here was concerned that the cross might be off-putting to students who are coming to campus for the first time,” she said.
Kashack said the supervisor was “completely wrong.”
“It was absolutely an inappropriate action for him to make that request of her,” she said.
Kashack said Sonoma State President Ruben Arminana was “angered” by the incident and they are trying to contact Jarvis so they can apologize.
“The president was very upset about it and asked me to contact Miss Jarvis and give a profuse apology,” she said.
She said they have spoken with the employee involved in the incident but won’t reveal the contents of their discussion or whether he was punished.
“Things like this don’t happen here,” she said.“It’s very unusual. People here are very aware of discrimination. It’s possible that political correctness got out of hand.”
Audrey’s mother, Debbie, told Fox News she was devastated when she heard what happened to her daughter.
“She’s a strong Christian, a faith-filled young woman who spent her summers at Catholic camp,” Jarvis said.“She’s just full of the Lord.”
Audrey called her parents after she was told to remove the cross and Mrs. Jarvis recalled an emotional conversation.
“She doesn’t wear the cross as a fashion statement,” she said.“It’s a statement of her faith.”
As she tried to console her daughter, Jarvis reminded her that “we are still one nation under God.”
“And she told me,‘Mom, it doesn’t feel like that here,” Jarvis said.“Our faith was attacked. It’s unnerving. I know what’s going on in this country. I know Christianity is being attacked. Now, I know it first-hand and it sickens me and saddens me.”
Jarvis said it’s time for people of faith to take a stand.
“We need to band together as Christians and fight back,” she said.

Please note that a PROTESTANT legal group is standing up for the rights of a Catholic. They are not the bad guys the CC declares.

KayMarie
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

A Flying Miracle

July 2, 2013 — by Dave Branon

Our Daily Bread Radio is hosted by Les Lamborn

Read: Psalm 104:10-24

O Lord, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions.—Psalm 104:24

Bible in a Year:
Job 22-24; Acts 11

Among God’s creatures, the butterfly is one of the most stunningly beautiful! Its gentle flight, colorful wings, and amazing migratory patterns are traits that make the butterfly a masterpiece of the natural world.

This flying insect, while supplying us with visual enjoyment, also supplies us with amazing examples of the marvels of God’s creative work.

For instance, the majestic monarch butterfly can travel 3,000 miles on its migration to Central America—only to end up at the same tree its parents or even grandparents landed on a generation or two earlier. It does this guided by a brain the size of a pinhead.

Or consider the monarch’s metamorphosis. After the caterpillar builds a chrysalis around itself, it releases a chemical that turns its insides to mush—no perceptible parts. Somehow from this emerges the brain, internal parts, head, legs, and wings of a butterfly.

One butterfly expert said,“The creation of the body of a caterpillar into the body and wings of a butterfly is, without doubt, one of the wonders of life on earth.” Another expert feels that this metamorphosis is “rightly regarded as a miracle.”

“How manifold are [God’s] works!”(Ps. 104:24)—and the butterfly is but one of them.
We stand amazed, God, at the awesome creation You
allow us to enjoy. From distant galaxies to beautiful
butterflies, You have given us a world that speaks loudly
of Your love for us. Thank You, Lord, for creation.

Creation’s design points to the Master Designer.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega, there is no Queen of Heaven. The Bible does not speak of a Queen in Heaven.
It does however speak of the Messiah Savior of the world; it also speaks of the Holy Spirit, The Comforter, Elohim Adonai are masculine names of God . and they are plural ,
That does not mean there are 3 Gods there is one God ,it speak of the Trinity. which means "Lord God"
El Shaddai (&#1513;&#1463;&#1 473;&#1491;&#1463; &#1468;&#1497;) is the name by which God was known to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The name Shaddai is again used as a name of God later in the Book of Job. It means God Almighty ; Shaddai means destroyer.
In my bible class we studied the Hebrew names for God accordingly to His works , In great detail, Jehovah Jireh - God our Provider .
The Bible has no name for a Queen of Heaven and if it is in the Bible please give me the Scripture and the Hebrew name , so I know what I am looking for.
You would need to look in far older areas of civilization than your "new" teaching of the bible. Your book is merely a reconstruction of an ancient account of history and beliefs...and even they were/are reconstructions stemming from even earlier accounts...all of which were aligned to the agenda's of those particular societies as dictated by the ruling "elite". All we have left that is even discernible, is from 4-6,000 years BCE. Archaeology tells us that civilization is millions of years older than that.
Your bible has been proven to be absolutely unreliable in even the latest of "ages".
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

The Conditions of Discipleship

If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also .... And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me .... So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple —Luke 14:26-27, 33

If the closest relationships of a disciple’s life conflict with the claims of Jesus Christ, then our Lord requires instant obedience to Himself. Discipleship means personal, passionate devotion to a Person— our Lord Jesus Christ. There is a vast difference between devotion to a person and devotion to principles or to a cause. Our Lord never proclaimed a cause— He proclaimed personal devotion to Himself. To be a disciple is to be a devoted bondservant motivated by love for the Lord Jesus. Many of us who call ourselves Christians are not truly devoted to Jesus Christ. No one on earth has this passionate love for the Lord Jesus unless the Holy Spirit has given it to him. We may admire, respect, and revere Him, but we cannot love Him on our own. The only One who truly loves the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, and it is He who has “poured out in our hearts” the very “love of God”(Romans 5:5). Whenever the Holy Spirit sees an opportunity to glorify Jesus through you, He will take your entire being and set you ablaze with glowing devotion to Jesus Christ.

The Christian life is a life characterized by true and spontaneous creativity. Consequently, a disciple is subject to the same charge that was leveled against Jesus Christ, namely, the charge of inconsistency. But Jesus Christ was always consistent in His relationship to God, and a Christian must be consistent in his relationship to the life of the Son of God in him, not consistent to strict, unyielding doctrines. People pour themselves into their own doctrines, and God has to blast them out of their preconceived ideas before they can become devoted to Jesus Christ.
LTM

Chelmsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Wisdom from Oswald Chambers

It is perilously possible to make our conceptions of God like molten lead poured into a specially designed mould, and when it is cold and hard we fling it at the heads of the religious people who don’t agree with us.
Disciples Indeed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

LTM wrote:
The Hebrew Names of God
1. Elohim "God our Creator"
Elohim is the name that introduces God in Genesis 1:1. The word can be divided into two parts. The first part, El, means God and is connected to His might, power, majesty, glory, and authority. Ohim speaks of plurality, so we can clearly see in this first scripture God is introduced as the mighty Trinity. The name Elohim is always connected to God's acts. The angels know Him by this name.
2. Jehovah "Our Eternal God"
Jehovah is the name of relationship and covenant. God introduced Himself to Adam as "Lord God" in Genesis 2. "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground." (Genesis 2:7). Jehovah is connected to the creation of man, to the making of a covenant, and to the atonement. It is Jehovah who reveals Elohim. God is always worshipped as Jehovah--and one cannot worship Him without a relationship through a covenant.
3. Jehovah El Shaddai "God our Supplier"
The name El Shaddai means the God of might, nourishment, bounty, and blessings. God revealed Himself to Abraham as El Shaddai when He promised him a son. Abraham was ninety-nine years old when El Shaddai "The Almighty God" made a covenant with him to "multiply thee exceedingly" (Genesis 17:1-2).
4. Adonai "Master, Lord"
Adonai was spoken by Abraham in Genesis 18:3 when God came and told Abraham what He was about to do to Sodom and Gommorah, and Abraham became the great intercessor. This shows us that the name Adonai is connected to God's ownership and Lordship over our lives, and to revelation of the future and intercession.
5. Jehovah-Jireh "God my Provider"
This name was revealed in Genesis 22:14 when Abraham was about to offer up Isaac and the Lord stopped him and provided a lamb (ram)...the substitute for Isaac. This powerful story reveals Jesus and the work of the cross. The name Jehovah-Jireh speaks of the Lord God providing His Son for our redemption and being our provider for all that we need.
6. Jehovah-Rapha "God my Healer"
Exodus 15:22-26, when the children of Israel came to Marah in the wilderness and could not drink the water because it was bitter, discloses the name Jehovah-Rapha. The Lord made a covenant of healing with His people and said that if they would keep all His commandments, He would be their health and healer continually. "...for I am the Lord that healeth Thee." (Exodus 15:26).
7. Jehovah-Nissi "God my Banner"
This name was made known when Moses lifted up the rod of victory, in prayer, for an entire day as a battle with the Amalekites was fought (Exodus 17:15). The Hebrew word Nissi means my banner, or my covering, my protection and, also, my victory.
cont
http://www.hebrew4christians.c om/Names_of_G-d/El/el.html
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Catholic running from a simple question.
Never.
Now read the so-called "2nd secret" and tell us how Mary isn't a goddess.
As for your deposit of faith, you don't even know which teachings are considered "infallible from God" and which are not. There is no list, because the RCC doesn't want you to be too knowledgeable. Then it would all fall apart - like the Fatima "secrets."
A "list of infallible teachings"? RAD, Free Mind, or whatever, I'm sure Father Dye cleared that up for you several months ago. Why do you insist on bringing it up over and over again? You were also advised at that time that Fatima was private revelation, and again today. You're like a dog with a bone.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Judged:

i wanna know how good of catholic boys clay and hojo are - would you take it up the ying-yang from a priest without complaining for the roman team?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
QUESTION.
HOW CAN A PERSON THAT DOES NOT EXIST BE DEFAMED...
If you will note....
I gave scripture from the old testament
of what God's reaction was when Israel invented a Queen of heaven.
(JUST AS THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAVE DONE)
If you don't like what God said...take it up with Him
GOD'S word is never shameless...
I JUST POSTED WHAT HE SAID..
THE SHAMELESSNESS
IS
IN THE ONE
THAT REJECTS HIS WORD...
What you really posted is what "men" said your deity said.
Men who wanted to remove the female gender from any and all places of high countenance regarding history and religion.
basically, your writings and books are "new age" when compared with the timelines and religions of the world. Most of what is written in your book is reconstructed from earlier religious beliefs and histories with a patent agenda to control the masses toward the ends of the "elite"..very little of which is truthful or accurate. rulers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Or hiding from it.
Indeed!
Human Being

Welsh, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

God expressed His Love by creating the world good. And God expressed His Love in a far more awesome, and remarkable way in redeeming mankind which had turned from Him.

Believe in Jesus.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>no...m&m's
LOL!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
i see that you're afraid to mix it with me now a days. i never meant no harm, but only to shed light into darkness, my friend. you can't blame a brotha for that now can ya?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••