Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665388 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458745 Jul 3, 2013
BOTH ORAL & WRITTEN

Apostles and prophets

directed also to write,

Rev. 1:19.

Inspired writings put

into circulation,

1 Thess. 5:27; Col. 4:16.

WORD OF GOD BOTH ORAL AND WRITTEN, 2 Thess. 2:15; 2 Pet. 3:1-2.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458746 Jul 3, 2013
WORD OF GOD IN

INSPIRED WRITINGS

ALL WRITTEN

Apostles and prophets

delivered the faith,

Jude 3.

Miraculous powers

pass away,

1 Cor. 13:8-9.

WORD OF GOD IN WRITTEN FORM ONLY, 2 Tim. 3:15-17.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#458747 Jul 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
Not Accessible To All
A priest by the name of John A. O'Brien in his book, The Faith of Millions, says that the Bible alone is not a safe guide because it is not now and never has been accessible to all.(See pages 152-155). He argues this by saying on page 152:
"First, the Scriptures were not accessible to the primitive Christians, for the simple reason that they were not all written until many years after the establishment of Christianity."
It is certainly true that Christianity had already been introduced before the New Testament Scriptures were written, but that does not prove the Scriptures alone are not the guide for Christianity today. Although God's word in written form was not accessible to the first Christians, they had His word as their only source of authority. They received it directly from infallible teachers rather than from infallible writings. The following chart illustrates this fundamental principle:
Can someone whittle these posts down to a couple cogent sentences?
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458748 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice guy Peter Kreeft. Did you know he is a Catholic convert from protestantism?
http://chnetwork.org/2011/10/hauled-aboard-th...
What different does that make? If he thought like a catholic when he was a Protestant (whatever Protestant means) then how much sense does that make. He either gets it right or go where he thinks he is.
Am I saying all Protestants are right? No the catholic church is not the only heretic church alive or dead.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458749 Jul 3, 2013
LTM wrote:
"Is the Bible truly God's Word?"
Answer: Our answer to this question will not only determine how we view the Bible and its importance to our lives, but also it will ultimately have an eternal impact on us. If the Bible is truly God’s Word, then we should cherish it, study it, obey it, and fully trust it. If the Bible is the Word of God, then to dismiss it is to dismiss God Himself.
The fact that God gave us the Bible is an evidence and illustration of His love for us. The term “revelation” simply means that God communicated to mankind what He is like and how we can have a right relationship with Him. These are things that we could not have known had God not divinely revealed them to us in the Bible. Although God’s revelation of Himself in the Bible was given progressively over approximately 1500 years, it has always contained everything man needs to know about God in order to have a right relationship with Him. If the Bible is truly the Word of God, then it is the final authority for all matters of faith, religious practice, and morals.
The question we must ask ourselves is how can we know that the Bible is the Word of God and not just a good book? What is unique about the Bible that sets it apart from all other religious books ever written? Is there any evidence that the Bible is truly God’s Word? These types of questions must be seriously examined if we are to determine the validity of the Bible’s claim to be the very Word of God, divinely inspired, and totally sufficient for all matters of faith and practice. There can be no doubt that the Bible does claim to be the very Word of God. This is clearly seen in Paul’s commendation to Timothy:“… from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work”(2 Timothy 3:15-17).
CONT
But and however....Catholics say the Bible is not the only Word of God!!!!! They say their "traditions" and their "magnastrium" (misspelled am sure)are also the Word of God....So, they can "trump" and Scripture they want by evoking these two other sources of the Word of God...that they...and only they have!!!!!

And they have the gall to say that Christ is the redeemer of the world!!! Imagine that!!!!Christ, a Jew on earth for thirty-three years or so, of the Race that God repeatedly calls His chosen, has abandoned them and because He favors the Catholics, and only the Catholics, He gave them "the inside track" that only they have!!!!

Location hidden

#458750 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Jesus said so.
Is that not contradicting???? "Don't drink blood" "its O.k..drink blood!!!!???"
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#458751 Jul 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a whole list of prayers TO THE SAINTS.
http://www.catholic-saints.info/catholic-sain...
Will there be one to JOHN PAUL.
this says nothing of intercession..That I get..Nit to the saints themselves..And trust me,I still find myself praying to St Anthony if I lose things..have to correct myself
I sometimes ask the Blessed Virgin to pray to her Son for me and my prayers are answered. She intercedes for me. I'm good with that and I know Jesus is too.

Location hidden

#458752 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making an infallible statement that those in heaven aren't interceding for us?
How do "us"know whom is in Heaven to intercede for "us"???
Anthony MN

United States

#458753 Jul 3, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
What different does that make? If he thought like a catholic when he was a Protestant (whatever Protestant means) then how much sense does that make. He either gets it right or go where he thinks he is.
Am I saying all Protestants are right? No the catholic church is not the only heretic church alive or dead.
He thought like a protestant. He was raised a protestant. He was educated as a protestant. He found truth in the Catholic Church.

You don't know who's right, but you know who's not, is that your position?

Location hidden

#458754 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Jesus said so.
Evidently there is no one in your congregation,, including you,that follows the teaching of drinking blood of Christ, as you say He commanded...why is that????

Your words: I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ.....

Anthony MN

United States

#458755 Jul 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that not contradicting???? "Don't drink blood" "its O.k..drink blood!!!!???"
He said drink His blood. Tell Him He's wrong.
Anthony MN

United States

#458756 Jul 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
They're called Saints. They are in the presence of God. They pray to Him for us if we ask, just like you asking one of your SBC friends to pray for you.

Location hidden

#458757 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? The nuns prayed for another dying nun to Bl. John Paul asking for his intercession before God and she was cured of an incurable disease. That's crap to you.
And when your fellow pew warmer intercedes by praying for a sick congregant, and they get better, that's not crap.
Okie dokie.
Aunt....answer his question...."Why do you think you have the authority to declare the old guy in your congregation who died last month and who was "saved" is in heaven (even though you have no clue about his personal life)"

Its a valid question....how do you know the old guy is in Heaven?????
Anthony MN

United States

#458758 Jul 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently there is no one in your congregation,, including you,that follows the teaching of drinking blood of Christ, as you say He commanded...why is that????
Your words: I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ.....
Yeah, um, we don't drink the blood of anything/anyone except Jesus.
Tiger Lily

Auckland, New Zealand

#458759 Jul 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.__John 3:13

Plain and simple.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458760 Jul 3, 2013
"We Catholics are guaranteed that the Pope will never go against sacred scripture...

So the Pope is not human?

KayMarie
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#458762 Jul 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Aunt....answer his question...."Why do you think you have the authority to declare the old guy in your congregation who died last month and who was "saved" is in heaven (even though you have no clue about his personal life)"
Its a valid question....how do you know the old guy is in Heaven?????
Actually that was my question to him. He said he was because he was "saved". I assume you'd say the same thing. The question remains; why do you and chuck get to decide who's saved and in heaven and the Catholic Church can't.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458763 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He thought like a protestant. He was raised a protestant. He was educated as a protestant. He found truth in the Catholic Church.
You don't know who's right, but you know who's not, is that your position?
In case you missed it I've already stated my position.
His understanding of truth is well aligned with catholics, on the other hand and unfortunately he is out of alignment with God.
Sorry Anthony no middle ground and no compromise.
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458764 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
He said drink His blood. Tell Him He's wrong.
show me the scripture where Jesus said to drink his blood
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458765 Jul 3, 2013
For those of us who love America.........

Ray Charles. America the beautiful.

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 15 min Seentheotherside 589
3 Newspapers in Eagle RIver AK 15 min eljay577 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 22 min RiversideRedneck 977,399
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min RiversideRedneck 88,252
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Pegasus 284,577
The Future of Politics in America 37 min Nohweh 259
I still LOVE YOU SO MUCH, Ewa, Honey 37 min Ewa 8
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Nohweh 176
More from around the web