Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670153 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458705 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the answer; Yes, they can declare Bl. John Paul is in heaven. No, the pope and the Vatican doesn't always know what happening in a parish under the supervision of a bishop on another continent.
Here's my question for you; Why do you think you have the authority to declare the old guy in your congregation who died last month and who was "saved" is in heaven (even though you have no clue about his personal life) and then turn around and mock the Catholic Church for declaring someone in heaven?
Fyi I think he is in heaven..by His actions he reflected Our Lord.He was humble and tried to make up for things in the past that were less than what they should have been.

Do you think God is waiting on the Church to let him in??

We believe saved people go to heaven .. That is what Jesus said .

It is ultimately up to Him to decide ..Nit us and not the Church

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458706 Jul 3, 2013
lapsteel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, Gospel of John, verse 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
AMEN
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458707 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the answer; Yes, they can declare Bl. John Paul is in heaven. No, the pope and the Vatican doesn't always know what happening in a parish under the supervision of a bishop on another continent.
Here's my question for you; Why do you think you have the authority to declare the old guy in your congregation who died last month and who was "saved" is in heaven (even though you have no clue about his personal life) and then turn around and mock the Catholic Church for declaring someone in heaven?

*Just like I said...the intersession is bogus and I guess they aren't aware if someone is stealing their money either. thanks

Here's my question for you; Why do you think you have the authority to declare the old guy in your congregation who died last month and who was "saved" is in heaven (even though you have no clue about his personal life)

It's not the fact if the pope is in Heaven or not, it the fact that it's total crap that he is interceding. If he is, give me proof besides the cardinals and bishops decided he was...thanks.

*I rest my case Tony...bishops/cardinals said pope john is interceding from Heaven...you bought it. They can't prove it but you bought it. Why..because you're like the Branch Davidians. They too believed what their leader tells them.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#458708 Jul 3, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU WROTE
"There is no verse in the Bible that says the Bible is the Word of God. NONE."
THE ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE A BUNCH OF INFIDELS...
THEY HAVE NO FAITH...
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
THEY DO NOT HEAR THE WORD OF GOD....
THEY DO NOT BELIEVE THE WORD OF GOD..
THEY SEARCH FEVERISHLY TO FIND A REASON NOT TO BE OBEDIENT TO THE WORD OF GOD
___
JUST WHAT IS A PREACHER SUPPOSED TO PREACH
Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
2Ti_4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
___
JUST WHAT IS A PREACHER SUPPOSED TO STUDY..
2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
___
I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOME ROMAN CATHOLIC WOULD TELL ME WHERE GOD
SAID
WRITE A CATECHISM...A BOOK...
THAT THEY HAVE REPLACED THE WORD OF GOD WITH...
HOW FOOLISH CAN A BUNCH OF INFIDELS GET?
confrinting:

I agree with Paul, but not with your conclusions.

I can say, that I accepted Jesus Christ, when I heard him say to me, "Peace, peace I give you. Not as the world gives, I give to you."

If someone has the peace given by Jesus Christ, then they have heard His message. They may not understand what it entails in their life in living in this world. And because of this, one is inclined to sin, because of the nature of the flesh, but in repenting of sin, on learns obedience to God.

In learning doctrine, I think it best to have heard His message first, but there is merit in hearing doctrine without understanding it, as it becomes a guide to God's Way.

The Catechism(Teaching) is one such guide. It is not perfect, but a guide nonetheless.

So it is more important to first hear the Message of God.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#458709 Jul 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fyi I think he is in heaven..by His actions he reflected Our Lord.He was humble and tried to make up for things in the past that were less than what they should have been.
I think he is too. That's what it means when the Church recognizes a saint.

What's hypocritical to me is people like Chuck who have no problem declaring a fellow congregant in heaven as soon as they die, but bashes the Catholic Church for doing it.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#458710 Jul 3, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
And what were the revelations Hojo?
Further appearances were reported to have taken place on the thirteenth day of the month in June and July. In these, the woman asked the children to do penance and Acts of Reparation as well as making personal sacrifices to save sinners. The children subsequently wore tight cords around their waists to cause themselves pain, performed self-flagellation using stinging nettles, abstained from drinking water on hot days, and performed other works of penance.
The second secret included Mary's instructions on how to save souls from hell and convert the world to the Christian faith, also revealed by LĂșcia in her Third Memoir:
"I have seen hell where the souls of poor sinners go. To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart.
These are lies from Satan Hojo.
marge:

God's blessing on you.

I just read an interesting "truth", I would like to share with you, and others on her, and I am paraphrasing a bit here. Perhaps you might meditate on it....

"The Immaculate Law of God is God's Love."

It comes from the Psalms, "The law of the Lord is perfect, it revives the soul."
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#458711 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What's hypocritical to me is people like Chuck who have no problem declaring a fellow congregant in heaven as soon as they die, but bashes the Catholic Church for doing it.
Tony..my friends that have died and gone to Heaven are not interceding for anyone.

Vatican - "lets see, we know that pope john paul is interceding from Heaven but we don't know if someone is stealing from us and we don't know that priests have molested boys".

clear as mud Tony. only a cult member would buy this stuff.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#458712 Jul 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
*Just like I said...the intersession is bogus and I guess they aren't aware if someone is stealing their money either. thanks
Here's my question for you; Why do you think you have the authority to declare the old guy in your congregation who died last month and who was "saved" is in heaven (even though you have no clue about his personal life)
It's not the fact if the pope is in Heaven or not, it the fact that it's total crap that he is interceding. If he is, give me proof besides the cardinals and bishops decided he was...thanks.
*I rest my case Tony...bishops/cardinals said pope john is interceding from Heaven...you bought it. They can't prove it but you bought it. Why..because you're like the Branch Davidians. They too believed what their leader tells them.
Proof? The nuns prayed for another dying nun to Bl. John Paul asking for his intercession before God and she was cured of an incurable disease. That's crap to you.

And when your fellow pew warmer intercedes by praying for a sick congregant, and they get better, that's not crap.

Okie dokie.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458713 Jul 3, 2013
who="Human Being"
marge:
God's blessing on you.
I just read an interesting "truth", I would like to share with you, and others on her, and I am paraphrasing a bit here. Perhaps you might meditate on it....
It comes from the Psalms, "The law of the Lord is perfect, it revives the soul."

Very good. Man's problem is that we want to accept His forgiveness, but haven't learned to show forth His love to others.

The thing is that He showed how His love works when He forgave us.
Forgive those who trespass against you. It's very healing.

KayMarie
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#458714 Jul 3, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
.....YOU ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT
THE SUBJECT IS
( personally I do not believe the Roman Catholics ever compiled it)
WHY DID THE ROMAN CATHOLICS CLAIM TO COMPILE THE BIBLE AND
THEN SET ABOUT TO DISCLAIM IT?
WHY DO THEY NEED A SCRIPTURE (from the Bible)TO GIVE
CREDITABLE/validate...
TO the books ...THAT THE SUPPOSEDLY CANONIZED THEMSELVES?
confrinting:

Canonization is a process. And the Bible became a "closed" book in the process.

The other side of this issue is the deist's argument, that God created the world, and stepped back, and did not "interfere" with it.

I think the Bible is closed, although there are some factions that desire to eliminate books within it.

I do not think God created the world and stepped away from it.
Vote for Pedro

United States

#458715 Jul 3, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Rose, I am inclined to think, from reading your posts, that you are a gentle soul. And I thank God for the grace of kindness that He has bestowed upon you. AS to your post above, think of it this way: Lets say a soldier at war lays down his life to save not only our freedoms but also the lives of his entire fellow soldiers. He comes home less an arm or a leg or both. Everyone knows he is a hero, yet they (the USA) commend him with the medals to show that he will eternally be recognized as a hero. That is exactly what the Church does with saints. Though everyone recognizes that the person merits the opportunity to be received into the Kingdom of Heaven, the Church is just outwardly, in a human sense, commending them with the title of "Saint in heaven".

Peace be with you sweet child of God!
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#458716 Jul 3, 2013
who="Human Being"
marge:
God's blessing on you.
Very good. Man's problem is that we want to accept His forgiveness, but haven't learned to show forth His love to others.
The thing is that He showed how His love works when He forgave us.
Forgive those who trespass against you. It's very healing.
KayMarie
confrinting:

KM

I very much agree with you. The more we meditate on the simple things in Bible, the more illuminating they become in our lives. Thank you for your insight.

God is the Healer.

I tend to think it takes time, and experience in our lives to become like simple children in Christ. We need time to understand our experiences, and they are all connected by God's Love.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458717 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof? The nuns prayed for another dying nun to Bl. John Paul asking for his intercession before God and she was cured of an incurable disease. That's crap to you.
And when your fellow pew warmer intercedes by praying for a sick congregant, and they get better, that's not crap.
Okie dokie.
There is a whole list of prayers TO THE SAINTS.
http://www.catholic-saints.info/catholic-sain...

Will there be one to JOHN PAUL.

this says nothing of intercession..That I get..Nit to the saints themselves..And trust me,I still find myself praying to St Anthony if I lose things..have to correct myself
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#458718 Jul 3, 2013
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony..my friends that have died and gone to Heaven are not interceding for anyone.
Vatican - "lets see, we know that pope john paul is interceding from Heaven but we don't know if someone is stealing from us and we don't know that priests have molested boys".
clear as mud Tony. only a cult member would buy this stuff.
You're making an infallible statement that those in heaven aren't interceding for us?

Location hidden

#458719 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics don't even know the definition of "saint"...

SAINT

A holy person, a friend of God, either on earth or in heaven, De 33:2

It is sometimes used of the pious Israelites, as Ps 16:3; 34:9

Nothing is more frequent in Paul than the name of saints given to all Christians, Ro 1:7; 8:27; 12:13; 15:25,31; 16:2 In this acceptation it continued during the early ages of Christianity; nor was it applied to individuals declared to be saints by any other act of the church than admission to its membership, till various corruptions had depraved the primitive principles.

The church of Rome assumes the power of making saints; that is, of announcing certain departed spirits as objects of worship, from whom the faithful may solicit favors-a notion worthy of the dark ages in which it originated.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#458720 Jul 3, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all myth to me.
To you, yes. But it's not.

And you do not have the knowledge base to distinguish what is fiction and what is not.

Now go read a good, non-Christian scholar whose written something intended for a general audience.

In that regard, as before, I'd recommend Ehrman.

He studied under Metzger at Princeton (I think Metzger was a believer, though I don't understand how that could be.) Ehrman teaches along with Tabor at UNC, one of the finest schools in the country in this field. And Ehrman is perhaps the best there is -- today.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458721 Jul 3, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Will someone get some fluids in this child? It is an emergency and should be done through an IV. He is now saying that the "Word was made flesh" in the garden of Eden. Wow, what a tragedy!
Pedro Pedro Pedro are you ok?
I did not say that. Your confusion has reached a critical point.
I meant that Christ is not confined by your church heretic interpretation of the Bible where you claim that Mary is the mother of god and/or her spouse.
Mary is a descendant of Adam and Eve therefore a sinner just as you are.
Find a cool shade Pedro. What's the temperature now in San Antonio?
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#458722 Jul 3, 2013
Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Rose, I am inclined to think, from reading your posts, that you are a gentle soul. And I thank God for the grace of kindness that He has bestowed upon you. AS to your post above, think of it this way: Lets say a soldier at war lays down his life to save not only our freedoms but also the lives of his entire fellow soldiers. He comes home less an arm or a leg or both. Everyone knows he is a hero, yet they (the USA) commend him with the medals to show that he will eternally be recognized as a hero. That is exactly what the Church does with saints. Though everyone recognizes that the person merits the opportunity to be received into the Kingdom of Heaven, the Church is just outwardly, in a human sense, commending them with the title of "Saint in heaven".
Peace be with you sweet child of God!
That sounds so beautiful but very wrong again Pedrito!
Saints don't get the glory and don't become saints when they die either.
Clay

Garden City, MI

#458723 Jul 3, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making an infallible statement that those in heaven aren't interceding for us?
lol. good one.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#458724 Jul 3, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics don't even know the definition of "saint"...
SAINT
A holy person, a friend of God, either on earth or in heaven, De 33:2
It is sometimes used of the pious Israelites, as Ps 16:3; 34:9
Nothing is more frequent in Paul than the name of saints given to all Christians, Ro 1:7; 8:27; 12:13; 15:25,31; 16:2 In this acceptation it continued during the early ages of Christianity; nor was it applied to individuals declared to be saints by any other act of the church than admission to its membership, till various corruptions had depraved the primitive principles.
The church of Rome assumes the power of making saints; that is, of announcing certain departed spirits as objects of worship, from whom the faithful may solicit favors-a notion worthy of the dark ages in which it originated.
Or antiquity, in which your myth arose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Joe Fortuna 99,605
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min Sky Writer 31 184,245
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 1 hr Tony 14
How can i get someone to have sex with my wife ... (Jul '13) 1 hr Tony 444 6
Hot Sale Nike Kyrie Irving 3 Basketball Shoes O... 1 hr Donald J Turnip 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 980,036
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Tony 6,134
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 hr AussieBobby 286,431
the new gay skype Sat codyh 2
More from around the web