Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603410 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458440 Jul 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said, "He that has ears, let them be shouted into."
OK. I might be paraphrasing.
Catholics created the Jesus'-myth and compiled the words they created as though a character named Jesus spoke the words.

It's simply more mythical nonsense.

Prince George, Canada

#458441 Jul 2, 2013
All myth-believers had a bad habit of explaining what offended the supposed gods and what pleased the gods.

And nothing has changed.

Arrogance gone wild.

Prince George, Canada

#458442 Jul 2, 2013
More Egyptian mythology

From the book compiled by Larousse … World Mythology

The doctrine of Aten

Rejecting polytheism with its densely interwoven mythology, Amenophis IV recognized only one god.

But this sublime doctrine, founded on the principle of monotheism and proclaiming love of one’s fellow men, did not have time to take root during the relatively short reign of the pharaoh who initiated it. Sincere belief was probably restricted to a relatively small circle of followers, while the mass of the population remained secretly attached to the religion of their ancestors. When Akhenaten died, his opponents reappeared and forced the reformer’s weak successors to reinstate Amun and the other banished gods.

Prince George, Canada

#458443 Jul 2, 2013
New fads are certain to have new followers.

Each religious cult though history placed high value ONLY its own dogmas.

It's just the way religion "operates."

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#458444 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics created the Jesus'-myth and compiled the words they created as though a character named Jesus spoke the words.
It's simply more mythical nonsense.
Well, that's not entirely correct.

There likely was an historical Jesus.

And the best critical scholars would agree with that: Pagels, Ehrman, Koester, Tabor, Charlesworth, Smith, Beck, Metzger, et al.

But a Christ?

Naw.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#458445 Jul 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered that last time. You're an idiot.
You're not at all interested in what Catholics really believe.(in fact, I don't think you're interested in what Protestants do either.lol Scary)
God didn't ask Joseph to take Mary as his wife so they could be romantic and procreate. Joseph was old. He already been there done that.
Joseph was asked to be her Husband so he could provide for Mary and Jesus.
Conjecture,you have no idea how old Joseph was,except if you believe some of the myths that both the Orthodox and RCs have come up with over the years.The whole problem with Joseph being just a guardian of Mary and Jesus is that they would have been forced to live a lie as it were.Nothing was more unnatural in Jewish society than a man and a woman just living together never having children. Look at Zachariah and Elizabeth they were elderly and how cheated they felt that no children were ever given from their union together.You forget how important offspring was to those people.Mary and Joseph being like a nun and a priest married together was unnatural in Jewish society.Given how closely nit Jews were to each other,someone would have known that Joseph and Mary were not having relations,and it would have been very peculiar to neighbors eventually.Where did Jesus come from?

Could Joseph and Mary live together for years never truly enjoying their relationship in an intimate way,Mary was very young,Joseph was not that much older.How could he have traveled and been a carpenter if he was elderly? He passed his occupation onto Jesus,that took years no doubt.No the Bible is sufficient enough to declare Joseph, Mary and offspring along with Jesus.Made a lot more sense.A married couple being celibate was not even remotely normal in those days.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#458446 Jul 2, 2013
truth wrote:
you not explain
'you will cry mountains fall over us..sea and water cover us''..
see
please explain..
Is that happened before?
yes it is..
Who do that as well why?
Dear God why I am wrong!
your wrong because your listening to the wrong people. get away from organized religion read the bible yourself then you decide what is right and what is wrong, what is truth what is fiction, is it all real or just a creation of mans.

Prince George, Canada

#458447 Jul 2, 2013
Once the Jewish one-god dogma was put forth as the only truth according to the Jews ... that, as we are well aware was not the end of the story.

The ex-Jew Catholics, the Gnostics ...the Muslims and Protestants USED the same god to claim that THEY were all favorites.

Now the modernized Pagans preach about a goddess that loves everybody.

Religion won't subside unless people stop feeding it, and my guess is, they won't stop feeding it, because they are absolutely certain it feeds THEM.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458448 Jul 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality of Fatima is that there were supernatural events that proved the existence of God and the role of the Blessed Mother.. which also proves the Catholic Church to be who they claim to be.
You want to focus on some secret messages that are basically irrelevant to us. Mary didn't say anything to us. Three little children said Mary said it. That's not enough to make the Church respond to any Dogmatic or doctrinal issues.
Meanwhile, some guy say he deciphered some Bible secret, and you guys run out in the street awaiting the Rapture!
The reality of Fatima from Satan. Yes, it proves who the RCC is.

People gathered to see Mary.

Most people saw nothing. Those who did see something provided personal accounts of a wide variety of events.

The only ones to see Mary were the 3 hysterical little children who foretold the event. Mary gave them 3 secret messages. Two were hidden from the world for about 25 and 90 years.

It's so cryptic.

We can only rely on the Catholic Church as to what those messages said.

The second secret tells us that devotion to Mary saves souls. The RCC has never wavered from its original stance. This was indeed from Mary.

Except when questioned about the actual KNOWN details. Then Satan twists and turns.

"Not from my Church," Satan says.

"Not important anyhow," Satan insists.

In the meantime, EVERY Pope since 1917 has made a pilgrimage to Fatima. Not one has questioned the authenticity of the message.

Every Pope. Mary has joined the Holy Trinity says Satan. The Vatican would never lie.

Prince George, Canada

#458449 Jul 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's not entirely correct.
There likely was an historical Jesus.
I understand you believe that ... but the Jesus-character was simply a re-run of earlier savior gods and sons of savior gods.

Same story told with simply a different name attached.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

The World’s Sixteen Crucified Saviors … Christianity before Christ, by Kersey Graves … first published in 1875.

and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

1. Chrishna of Hindostan.
2. Budha Sakia of India.
3. Salivahana of Bermuda
4. Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
5. Odin of the Scandinavians.
6. Crite of Chaldea.
7. Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
8. Baal and Taut,“the only Begotten of God,” of Phenicia.
9. Indra of Thibet.
10. Bali of Afghanistan.
11. Jao of Nepaul.
12. Wittoa of the Bilingonese.
13. Thammuz of Syria.
14. Atys of Phrygia.
15. Xamolxis of Thrace.
16. Zoar of the Bonzes.
17. Adad of Assyria.
18. Deva Tat,aud Sammonocadam of Siam.
19. Alcides of Thebes.
20. Mikado of the Sintoos.
21. Beddru of Japan.
22. Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
23. Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
24. Cadmus of Greece.
25. Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
26. Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
27. Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
28. Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
29. Divine teacher of Plato.
30. Holy One of xaca.
31. Fohi and Tien of China.
32. Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
33. Ision and Quirinus of Rome.
34. Prometheus of Caucasus.
35. Mohammud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of Gods; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian’s bible to Jesus Christ; many of them like him, are reported crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian’s Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458450 Jul 2, 2013
Yes

or No?

In the almost 100 years since Fatima, has the RCC ever called into question the authenticity of the message given by Mary, recorded by and later reported by the Church?

Never.

These three secrets were the entire point of the miracle in the first place. How can they be "unimportant?"

We must focus on what this MAJOR EVENT really tells us about the RCC.

Prince George, Canada

#458451 Jul 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your wrong because your listening to the wrong people. get away from organized religion read the bible yourself then you decide what is right and what is wrong, what is truth what is fiction, is it all real or just a creation of mans.
The bible stems FROM organized religion.

Can't you see how arrogant is the claim that you know truth and others don't know truth???

GOOD GRIEF ... every preacher is certain he/she speaks for a creator ... or he/she would not preach.

Prince George, Canada

#458452 Jul 2, 2013
From the book—Mussolini—The Untold Story, by Alan Gelb.

Mussolini …“They sent you to teach me manners expected of a Prime Minister, didn’t they? I didn’t get where I am because of manners.”

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458453 Jul 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT NO ONE LISTENS

Maybe he was shouting, child.

JESUS SAID

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk_18:17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

We that are born again are the sons of God

No matter our age.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I am only 79 years of age...and enjoying my second child hood...

How old are you?

Prince George, Canada

#458454 Jul 2, 2013
The laws were put into place by devout bible-reading male Christians.

According to the Christians in power, the god ordained everything the Christians ordained. It was as simple as THAT!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book—The Burning Bed.

An article by Dolores J. Trent in a 1979 issue of “The woman’s lawyer’s journal,” points out that in the middle ages in Europe, a man’s right to beat his wife was unquestioned, while a woman who so much as threatened her husband could be burned alive. In England, as late as 1395, a court confirmed the right of a husband to inflict extreme punishment on his wife on the grounds that it was “reasonable and solely for the purpose of reducing her from her errors.

#458455 Jul 2, 2013
who="jethro8" there is/was a web site I used called the internet bible, it was designed to answer any question you had by sighting a passage from the bible to answer your question, and I have yet to see a passage that answers the BIG question, how can life be any different than what it is? the only thing that changes is the way we do things, technology makes our lives better in some cases, actually it's making us busier because we can supposedly work faster and it does not free up more time for us to spend time with our friends an families, in Europe their big on that, they give gracious amounts of vacation time to people so they can enjoy life, unlike here where making a dollar comes first and friends an family come second. that is capitalism for ya, granted we do enjoy more freedoms than any other country but their is a price to pay for that freedom. use to be a time when you knew all your neighbors, kids filled the streets playing, riding bikes, scooters, homemade buggy's, now you drive/walk through your neighborhood and everyone is a stranger and the streets are empty of children, because we are hooked on our new high tech toys, the very toy I'm typing on right now for one. it's sad but true. is that the grand plan? we become strangers to each other? due to the smoking ban in all public places businesses where people socialize in are becoming scarce and people are becoming alienated from each other.

The enemy uses 'change' to cheat us. While we are looking at the 'new' things we have, we lose touch with friends and family. If one will "honor father and mother"; "love wives and children" as the Good Book says, everything else will fall into place. The 'new toys' won't be able to destroy 'home'.

'High tech toys' give a whole new light on 'graven images' don't they?

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#458456 Jul 2, 2013
From the book—The Burning Bed.

In North Carolina in 1864 the court declared that even though a husband had choked his wife “the law permits him to use such a degree of force as necessary to control an unruly temper and make her behave herself.

#458457 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
From the book—Mussolini—The Untold Story, by Alan Gelb.
Mussolini …“They sent you to teach me manners expected of a Prime Minister, didn’t they? I didn’t get where I am because of manners.”
~~~

”Where was Mussolini— when he said

("I didn’t get where I am because of manners.")...IN HELL?

WANT YOU JUST WELCOME HIM AS YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR..

OR HITLER JUST MIGHT BE YOUR ROOM MATE...

IT IS SAID....

"MISERY LIVES COMPANY."
Clay

United States

#458458 Jul 2, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
Yes
or No?
In the almost 100 years since Fatima, has the RCC ever called into question the authenticity of the message given by Mary, recorded by and later reported by the Church?
Never.
These three secrets were the entire point of the miracle in the first place. How can they be "unimportant?"
We must focus on what this MAJOR EVENT really tells us about the RCC.
I've read about Fatima quite a bit. Have you? I suggest you quit bearing false witness against the Church and try and learn some truth. I've never met one single radial fanatical who is interested in truth.
- The Catholic Church were the last peoples to acknowledge the Supernatural events at Fatima.

- the local Bishops at the time tried to silence the whole hoopla at the time- even detaining the children and asking their parents to 'shut them up'.

- The Miracle of the Sun was witnessed by 80,000 people. Many of them were scientist, atheist, Jews and Muslims. Not all were Catholic. The Catholic Church did not respond to the media requests, choosing instead to wait it all out.

- The so called secrets were not given to the Pope by Mary. They were given to fallible little children susceptible to 'outside influence' or outside 'spiritual influences' not from God.

-if God wants His Church to do something dogmatic or doctrinal, he'll go through the Pope, He won't go through three 10 yr old kids. It would be irresponsible to go that route.

- Therefore the secret messages were for Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco. They were private revelations to them. The world should view it with caution.

- I don't believe every Pope has visited Fatima. But so what if they did? God performed a spectacular event in the sky and precisely the time those children said He would.

-there has been countless miracles attributed to the intercession of the Blessed Mother at Fatima. Idiot like you want to say it was demons.
Heck, you're no different than the chief scribes and Pharisees who crucified the Lord - using the 'word of God' no less!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#458459 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need to be nasty.
My point was that if your supposed god hates sodomy, he also hates that heterosexuals perform sodomy on their wives, and that means it's not about homosexuality ... it's about sodomy ... period.
Silly dogmas for silly people.
do hetero's perform sodomy on you? just wondering and you certainly don't have to answer if you consider this intrusive and personal....;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Soon Armagedon Day 41,157
The Christian Atheist debate 6 min Critical Eye 3,968
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min dollarsbill 8,281
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Darwins Stepchild 880,125
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Soon Armagedon Day 613,080
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 55 min Belle Sexton 5
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... 2 hr pepertoa 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr gentlepplpleaser 177,894
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr waaasssuuup 7,643
More from around the web