Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#458415 Jul 2, 2013
who="Clay "
Heaven is a KINGDOM. We know who the King is, so who is the Queen?
Jesus told you to search the scriptures Jack, so tell us who the Queen would be?

The Word says plainly that Israel is the wife of God. It also declares The Raptured Church to be the Bride of Christ. All argument about THE church will be settled when the CHURCH that God is building is caught up to be with Him, and is part of the wedding supper.(Hint: THE church is invisible. It is part of every nation, tribe and tongue. It is not yours, or mine, or theirs...it is HIS.)

It would be a twisted mess to present a natural human being (Mary) to be both the mother and the bride of our Savior!

KayMarie

#458416 Jul 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
how are all the little roman empire throwback - idol worhshipers doing today?:)
THE SAME AS YESTERDAY...

Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458417 Jul 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It is true that man/women is born the most helpless, interesting that it is, and in the animal kingdom babies are born an left alone knowing exactly how to survive, what would you call that?? to me it sounds like credibility to Darwin's theory of evolution survival of the fittest.
Did you ever wonder why this supposed creator created Adam and Eve as adults, and yet thereafter babies were born absolutely helpless?

And being an all-knowing creator, it knew that those babies would often be abused and many of them finally murdered by the parents who should have been (by an all-benevolent designer) to be loving care-givers.

If a creator exists, it's a cruel maniac in thought and deed!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#458418 Jul 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
My Brother-in-law was blind in his later life...
He had (Retinitis pigmentosis) but he saw deeper in the important things
of God than many that had perfect vision..
I wouldn't argue blindness helps in these matters, child.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#458419 Jul 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality of Fatima is that there were supernatural events that proved the existence of God and the role of the Blessed Mother.. which also proves the Catholic Church to be who they claim to be.
You want to focus on some secret messages that are basically irrelevant to us. Mary didn't say anything to us. Three little children said Mary said it. That's not enough to make the Church respond to any Dogmatic or doctrinal issues.
Meanwhile, some guy say he deciphered some Bible secret, and you guys run out in the street awaiting the Rapture!
When I was a kid learned about Fatima..the messages were to be revealed sometime in the then future..what happened to them??

Serious question..kind if forgot about it.

Prince George, Canada

#458420 Jul 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is a double edged sword, if used as it was intended by the O.t. writers, which to me was to bring hope an comfort to people who feel lost and desperate at times, a book to read to help you through a time of crisis when you have no one to turn to,a book of rules in which to live by, bring harmony to the world unfortunately man corrupted all that, turned the book into a money making machine,
I don't agree at all. The old testament is an much a book of lies as is the new one.

Jews were at one time polytheistic, believing in multiple gods. Some Jews wanting full attention created the one-god dogma and wrote that they were the chosen few. The aim was to make all people over into Jews.

Religion is all about "What's in it for me."

Ridiculous blather.

Prince George, Canada

#458421 Jul 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I AM NOT YOUR BROTHER, AND i THANK GOD FOR THAT
There's just nothing so sentimental as religious LOVE.

:)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#458422 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I was under the spell of religion, I knew I had get over my self and out of my own religion in order to perceive that all forms of life value their own existence as much as I value mine.
Non-human animals also have the will to survive, but they don't go to such stupid lengths as trying to manipulate a hereafter because of their own lusts to stay alive.
Only humans are so greedy!
Non-human animals take it as it comes.
Since God is not a religion,nor is He religion at all,I can relate to your wanting to free yourself of being under the SPELL of religion.Your statements are profoundly glib however.As you seem to think that any exhilaration over being connected with God is selfish and lustful.How morbid.Your mental evaluations of God,religion and our human connection to the spiritual are strictly from a fallacy your mind has developted on the subject.There is no concrete substance of truth in what you purport June. It would be better if you went on a fast,got a hold of a bible and just read it,give the True GOD of all Creation a chance to enter that fallacy you created in your mind,and abandon such for your own preservation.SOMETIMES we have to just abandon those useless thoughts that pervade our mindset,and let GOD have His perfect way June.

You have a real hurdle to overcome,atheism will not help you to overcome it,only the Creator will,because He knows every fiber of your being,I hope the best for you.Abandon religion,that is good,but that will not give you the peace that only God can give.By the way according to the New Testament TRUE religion is helping widows and caring for orphans.Perhaps if you tried true religion,than you would finally realize that God is the author of good deeds,helping widows,and caring for orphans,also Giving to those in need.Selfish living is not good for any human being whether atheist or believer.Your present mindset dear June is ultimately a selfish quagmire of glorifying your thoughts and opinions over the reality of Who God really IS.You will die someday,and HE will continue to BE!

Columbus, OH

#458423 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
BUT NO ONE LISTENS
Maybe he was shouting, child.

Prince George, Canada

#458424 Jul 2, 2013
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Yea its pretty hard to controll.A little hair pulling,a smack on the fanny really gets things started.
Some people like god's type of love to be rough.

It all starts out nice with words such as "I know the true gospel, so I will share that truth with you so you will be saved."

But when that persuasive sentiment doesn't work, the next step comes as an ominous warning of "You will burn in hell if you don't pay heed to the words I'm trying to "share" with you."

And the rest is brutal and blood-soaked history.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#458425 Jul 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Or hiding from it.
if you dont like how we do things on this forum, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE AT ANY TIME.

YOU WILL NOT BE MISSSED.

CHECKMATE!

Columbus, OH

#458426 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahahaha
Preachers that are hired by god often shout it out!
It seems that god prefers shouting matches by his followers concerning who he loves.
Even physical violence doesn't seem to bother "him."
God just sleeps his life away
While his greedy children PLAY
:)
Jesus said, "He that has ears, let them be shouted into."

OK. I might be paraphrasing.

Columbus, OH

#458427 Jul 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>if you dont like how we do things on this forum, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LEAVE AT ANY TIME.
YOU WILL NOT BE MISSSED.
CHECKMATE!
Sorry.

My rules, not yours.

Deal with it.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#458428 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
THE SAME AS YESTERDAY...
Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
but but why should you be able to confront them while using scripture telling me to leave them alone???:-(

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#458429 Jul 2, 2013
Cathy the Catholic says: PRAY THE ROSARY!!!

(contrary to what The Lord clearly says, Catholic/heathen SHOULD use vain repitition and we ARE heard for our many words:)

Prince George, Canada

#458430 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I will relate to you a story. It is that of the MU(original "American"
indian). The MU were a people of the Pacific. Maybe 20,000 or more years ago. Their land has "sunk" in the Pacific-just as Atlantis in the Atlantic (southern).
The original inhabitant was not of this planet. He was from without this solar system.(I can not recall his name at this moment).
ANYWAY... he was not happy with his circumstance in the place where he dwelled. He had spoken to this individual who had spoken of him of a "blue" planet which was wonderful in aspect and becoming of fortitude. He spoke with his grandfather(one of wisdom) and asked his permission to travel and settle in this new world. His grandfather gave his permission and support for his venture to him and his famly..The planet was what we know as "earth"...and he took this expansive venture in the "wings if the eagle" of none other than "ENKI"(who was unknown to anyone other than the Sumerians-Thousands of years before this event-[and half a world apart]).
This is not the entire revelation, but it is sufficient to make the point.
ENKI IS INDEED [Quetzalcoatl]!
Thanks for sharing that myth. Religion (created by humans) has a long history, but there's no doubt about it that the ones who believed the gods favored them were as certain back then as the religious right-fighters are of today.

Once the gossip started, it took off like a house on fire ... morphing and twisting it's tales into more and more tales.

#458431 Jul 2, 2013
who="Tony17" There was no garden before creation. In the beginning when God originally created everything in the universe,not the RE-CREATION that He did after the world became void and without form,GOD GAVE SATAN AUTHORITY OVER ALL THE WORLD. That's why
Satan could offer Christ the riches and the governments of the world if He worshipped him. They were his to give. Satan was possibly also a High Priest as well before he fell. One needs to study the precious stones in Ezekiel 28 that was Satan's covering. They are the same stones that the High Priest of Israel wore. There is much many of you still need to learn before you will begin to see that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is Satan.

God did not give Satan authority over the world.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and LET THEM HAVE DOMINION over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and HAVE DOMINION over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

When Adam obeyed Satan's directive (eat the fruit), he gave HIS dominion to Satan. Jesus came to take that dominion back...and He did not fall for Satan's offer to 'give' it to Him. It was already His, and He knew it.

KayMarie

Prince George, Canada

#458432 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
AYE!
There is soooo much more to it than that. And who and what does the Abrahamic religion denigrate?
Why did they destroy the library of Alexandria?
Why do you suppose I have stated so many times that who I spoke with was "misled". I -was -NOT -lying!
I believe that religious myths valued as certainties always mislead and still mislead believers.

I don't cotton to any religious myths as being based on truth.

I'm satisfied to not know the answers to what remains mysteries.

Prince George, Canada

#458433 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty vain deity if ya ask me...
Humans that created all the supposed deities were and are vain, so what else could be expected from right-fighters?
David Jr

Bronx, NY

#458434 Jul 2, 2013
Let me guess, your sky fable created the world in seven days 6,000 years ago? You're cult could never explain the dinosaur bones when they were discovered. THE UNIVERSE WAS CREATED by DARK MATTER ROUGHLY 14.8 BILLION YEARS AGO! We know this by temperature readings. After the big bang the universe continues to expand. It is infinitesimal! And it's hard to imagine that we are the only beings living. There are literally billions of stars and planets, and moons out there. You really want to tell me that Zeus created those things? Follow the money trail you simple minded fools. It was always about the power. Pilot was afraid of the political uproar being created by the Hebrew tribes, Jesus wasn't even real! A virgin birth...ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Sure Muhammad was visited by the angel Gabriel, on his flying unicorn in the middle of the desert and told him that he was the final prophet and Allah's revelation. He flew through the seven layers of the sky for 11 years to write down his holy words via the Quran. What a bunch of garbage...all of it...JUNK NONSENSE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I wish God would get rid of all homosexuals in ... 7 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Buck Crick 830,406
Why God made males UGLY but females PRETTY ? 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 10
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 3,959
bless the jews (Nov '08) 2 hr worship GOD 7,145
the homosexuals who are EMBARRASSMENTS to the ... 2 hr Titania 7
Rajkot gay Topix 2 hr botam 41
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Student 40,223
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Paul Porter1 99,270
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 hr dr Shrink 611,943
More from around the web