Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 555,079
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458277 Jul 1, 2013
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

Leviathan was the Hebrew name of the great Serpent god called Lotan or Lawtan in northern Canaan, Ladon in Greece, and Sata or Apep in Egypt. Ladon was the guardian of the holy fruit of the Tree of Life in Hera’s garden, and his appearance in the Garden of Eden seems to have been copied from a similar image.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#458278 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus lived, you want Christians to listen to the words of a faithful Jew??? WHY???
They are Christians ... NOT Jews.
The people of thexworld have been deceived even before the advent of Jesus.
The early Egyptians understood that you had to love your neighbor as yourself...no deity required...and they survived peacefully for thousands of years on that premise(for the most part)...until the incursion of abrahamism and then Romanism(barbarism) into their empire.--over 3000 years...then came Moses/Solomon/Joseph...and Islam to finish the burning and destruction of knowledge.

Location hidden

#458279 Jul 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I/we as Catholics, will (continue) to follow, embrace and adhere to the ONLY TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ, as other Catholics have for over 2000 years, living in the faith and salvation of Christ that is manifested in and through HIS One True Catholic ChurcH---where the inspired and revealed TRUTH has and always (will be))!!!...."YOU Confrinting--- CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!
Was the Catholic Church following "The true teachings of Jesus Christ" during the Crusades,Inquisition etc.? just asking..
Well YA! You jist betcha yer jeans.
Ther gonna fix the world by jist plain ole''limenaty'n 'em!...Jist like that Hitler fella!
I sure hope yer ready fer the "next" inquisition, coz ther prolly tak'n your count right this very minute!
Ther jist wait'n fer the chance ta let it all go without hav'n ta go ta jail fer it ...Y'Know?
That's why "I" got's guns!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458280 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry marge I have been at work.
Yes, if Tony has repented and given up being a sodomite and that lifestyle.
Thanks marge, OldJG
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So this must mean that you are judge and jury over heterosexuals that have anal and oral sex with their wives.
My guess is, that Jew will be so impressed with your ability to label heterosexuals as evil sinners that he might wet his invisible self.
Mythical characters can't take too much excitement. It was written ... and I know that is true because I just wrote it.
:)
Is yours the voice of experience? Did or does your husband sodomize you? Is that why you hate men?

Location hidden

#458281 Jul 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Hojo but your wrong again.....the word Catholic wayyyy back then meant UNIVERSAL NOT AS IN YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCH of TODAY...ONE HOLY UNIVERSAL AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH!!!....Its that simple to understand and if you stop and think about it it makes sense..
Well see...That's why I makes the 'stinktion..."cathaholics " is them folks what is "addicted" ta the nonsense what them "addictors" done told 'em....Universals kin be stuck anywhere...That's why they is called "universalists" they kin fit in any shaft what tends ta drive some machine....cathgaholics is different ....now ya see? Now some of 'em CAN be ampicillic...but they gotta be cured first!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458282 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered that last time. You're an idiot.
You're not at all interested in what Catholics really believe.(in fact, I don't think you're interested in what Protestants do either.lol Scary)
God didn't ask Joseph to take Mary as his wife so they could be romantic and procreate. Joseph was old. He already been there done that.
Joseph was asked to be her Husband so he could provide for Mary and Jesus.
You have responded to my question...you have prattled about my question...you have danced all around my question...but you have never answered it!!!

When a husband takes unto him his wife......does that mean that she remains a virgin...forever!!!!!????

The Bible clearly says that an angel of the Lord told him "fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife" and it says he did "and took unto him his wife".

The answer is obvious...the truth is staring you in the face....

Of course she could not have remained a virgin...after Joseph took her to wife...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458283 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quotes of Mary are from three little children. Mary didn't say it. Three little kids said Mary said it. And THAT'S what the Catholic Church teaches about Fatima, in case you're interested in truth. Mary is our spiritual Mother. If anyone is in need of a spiritual Mother, its you.
you do not understand enough about scripture to dive into Marian doctrine. Its best to stay away until you can learn more, otherwise you risk offending Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Tell me, does Heaven have a King? If so, who would be the Queen? You can't tell me there is a King with no Queen. lol
If God is a King and Mary is his Queen, then in what why would Mary NOT be a goddess?

The King and his Queen had a son named Jesus, but before Mary was officially His queen.

Here's where it gets strange. Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity, being one with the Father.

Wait!! Now Queen Mary has a problem, in light of the definition of the Holy Trinity.

No matter, I get it. Based on what you are told, how can you NOT worship Mary?

Mary is both the Queen of Heaven and Mother of God, who lived as a human, but was forever sinless just like Jesus.

WOW, IT GETS EVEN CRAZIER!!! The Apostles and their students somehow forgot to mention any of this.

How is it possible?

Location hidden

#458284 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for spreading the truth of the matter. We might as well start now rather than waiting until after ex-pope Frances dies.
After all ... gossip is truth if somebody or other says it IS truth.
That's religious history in a nutshell.
:)
WELP! I's on it demediately!
I'm gonna run inta the church next sunday, an take right over in the pulpit box!...an I'm gonna take all them brains them folks left in that lil' box on the way in the front door an scewer 'em jist like fish eggs June!... an feed them poor folks!
YUP!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#458285 Jul 1, 2013
THE ONE TRUE APOSTOLIC CHURCH SAYS WHAT GOD SAYS IN HIS WORD...THE BIBLE

If it don't say AND STRIVE TO OBEY what God says...IT AINT A CHURCH,

IT'S NOTHING MORE THAN A SOCIAL CLUB...

AND

WHEN JESUS COMES...TO CATCH AWAY HIS BRIDE

THAT SOCIAL CLUB will be left behind to go through the

tribulation...

Luk 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

Luk 13:24

---> Strive to enter in at the strait gate:

for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. <---

Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten (YOUR FLESH and drunk (YOUR BLOOD) in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.

Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Luk 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth,

when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Luk 13:29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

(NOTE THIS VERSE ...YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS THAT CLAIM TO BE FIRST AND ATTEMPT YO MONOPOLIZE THE KINGDOM OF GOD)

Luk 13:30 And, behold,

there are last which shall be first, and

there are first which shall be last.

Orlando, FL

#458286 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quotes of Mary are from three little children. Mary didn't say it. Three little kids said Mary said it. And THAT'S what the Catholic Church teaches about Fatima, in case you're interested in truth. Mary is our spiritual Mother. If anyone is in need of a spiritual Mother, its you.
you do not understand enough about scripture to dive into Marian doctrine. Its best to stay away until you can learn more, otherwise you risk offending Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Tell me, does Heaven have a King? If so, who would be the Queen? You can't tell me there is a King with no Queen. lol
Why do you belittle the RCCs most important miracle?

In what way did the Vatican fail to report Mary's supposed message accurately?

Didn't the miracle predict World War Two and a future Pope? Every Pope since has paid homage.

Now you claim the RCC got the message wrong.

See! The truth will set you free.

Location hidden

#458287 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say if the Protestant congregants are mostly made up of people like you, then God help yous!!!!???.
Yous!!!!!?????

The facts remain....the Catholics are losing their members....only 30% believe they drink the actual blood of Christ and gnaw on his body...

While the SBC and others are increasing....I am one of the reasons why....Catholics are realizing they are being fed lies by the vatacan, while they see the truth in the SBC teachings...which are all based on the Infallible Sacred Inspired Word of God....

Location hidden

#458288 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion IS shameful.
IT really is. I can't put all the blame on it's subjugates..until they show me that they are willful perpetrators.

Orlando, FL

#458289 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Mary never said this:

"To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart."

Location hidden

#458290 Jul 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>What??? The True Church going back 2000 years did this???...MOMMA MIA!!!!..NO NO It can not be! I am shocked!(faints)
Not to worry...I have called Hermie, and left him a message. He will rescue you!!!
Clay

United States

#458291 Jul 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You have responded to my question...you have prattled about my question...you have danced all around my question...but you have never answered it!!!
When a husband takes unto him his wife......does that mean that she remains a virgin...forever!!!!!????
The Bible clearly says that an angel of the Lord told him "fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife" and it says he did "and took unto him his wife".
The answer is obvious...the truth is staring you in the face....
Of course she could not have remained a virgin...after Joseph took her to wife...
Joseph- being a devout Jew- would not venture into the Ark that bore forth the word of God. There is no way. Once the Holy Spirit conceived the Christ in her body, it became off limits for sexual intercourse. That's a no brainer to us normal Christians. To the radical fanaticals, I suppose you'd be ok with it.
His calling to the sacrament of Holy Matrimony wasn't about procreation. Joseph had a unique and special calling.
Your feeble mind can't separate sex from marriage.
Look Ox, this is the truth: I don't care what you believe about Mary or why you believe it. I find you very odd. You don't seem concerned with what Catholics really teach. You just wanna antagonize everyone. You help the Catholic Church every time you post.

Location hidden

#458292 Jul 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Clay"
I already answered that last time. You're an idiot.
You're not at all interested in what Catholics really believe.(in fact, I don't think you're interested in what Protestants do either.lol Scary)
God didn't ask Joseph to take Mary as his wife so they could be romantic and procreate. Joseph was old. He already been there done that.
Joseph was asked to be her Husband so he could provide for Mary and Jesus.
You forget that Mary and Joseph were betrothed before she became pregnant.
You forget that Joseph KNEW that Mary was pregnant, and considered a divorce because of that. He loved her (romance) so much that he was unwilling to expose her to public shame, so he was going to do it quietly.
And THEN God spoke to him in a dream, saying, "Don't be afraid to take Mary YOUR WIFE..."
Old man!!! LOL
KayMarie
God don't "need" no "sugar daddys" honey.
You really have quite an imagination.
We don't all live in the Ghetto.
I doubt your deity would either...given his propensity to kill anything that tries to defy or lower it's effiacy.
Clay

United States

#458293 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Mary never said this:
"To save them, God wishes to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart."
Maybe she did. Maybe she didn't. It doesn't affect the truth in Catholicism either way.
For starters, she is not above Christ and does not act separately from Him. But she is a very powerful intercessor being the Mother of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the spiritual Mother of Christians. So in that context, she could help anyone through her prayers, just like your friends could help YOU through their prayers. The Blessed Mother is in the presence of Christ, So her prayers are that much more powerful than mine and yours.
God used her to bring Himself in flesh to the world. Why can't He use her again to bring the world to Him?

Location hidden

#458294 Jul 1, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny.
We have the word thanks to Mary. We never heard it before.
Is that more catechism?
Which Mary?
Magdalene has he own gospel...the cristers and cathaholics dond acept it...

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#458295 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
If God is a King and Mary is his Queen, then in what why would Mary NOT be a goddess?
The King and his Queen had a son named Jesus, but before Mary was officially His queen.
Here's where it gets strange. Jesus is part of the Holy Trinity, being one with the Father.
Wait!! Now Queen Mary has a problem, in light of the definition of the Holy Trinity.
No matter, I get it. Based on what you are told, how can you NOT worship Mary?
Mary is both the Queen of Heaven and Mother of God, who lived as a human, but was forever sinless just like Jesus.
WOW, IT GETS EVEN CRAZIER!!! The Apostles and their students somehow forgot to mention any of this.
How is it possible?
NOT ONE OF THEIR FABLES ABOUT MARY HAS ANY FOUNDATION IN THE ..

SCRIPTURES...

NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT A IMMACULATE CONCEPTION...

THAT SHE WAS BORN WITH OUT SIN...

NOR A HOLY ASSUMPTION OF MARY...IN THE BIBLE

NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT MARY BEING A PERPETUAL VIRGIN

fact is it names her children...

Mat_13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mar_6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT HER BEING THE MEDIATOR BETWEEN THE CHRISTIAN AND JESUS.

JESUS IS OUR MEDIATOR BETWEEN US AN THE HEAVENLY FATHER...

1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Heb_8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb_9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Location hidden

#458296 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, I'm sure there will be a reasonable explanation from the pulpit gang of bible-bangers concerning why the god didn't kill us outright to prove it's existence.
Maybe it just wants people to have faith in its existence, as faith is mysterious rather than proof-positive.
Apparently this god hides its knowledge on purpose to keep humans in dark dungeons while IT sucks up all the light and perfection for itself.
Stupid dogmas.
Pretty vain deity if ya ask me...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min River Tam 765,119
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min arabian 5,444
Why Topix is dying 32 min Protester 1
I wish homosexuals never existed...... 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 77
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 263,625
4 Powerful Steps to Permanently Dissolve Panic ... 1 hr Dissolve Panic 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Roberta G 175,050
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Black Thunder 42 603,706
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 13 hr Ayyan 1,187

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE