Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,107)

Showing posts 442,121 - 442,140 of530,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The apocryphal books were nit even acknowledged by the Jews as,Holy Scripture
Other reasons
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/apocryph.htm
Some were... especially those in the immediate area(and most familiar with Jesus)the Greeks also accepted many, as did the Coptics in the areas of Egypt and eastern mestoptamia.
The problem arose with the "Roman" (western) factions. They were the[strongest] "power" in the region, and the "victors" rewrote the history(that included the facts). Paul was invented to procure the gentile factor of the empire(400 years later--when the "gospels were elaborated and incorporated)Their empire was faltering, and "religion " was the cure to embody the reunification. When they were secure enough in that, they destroyed and burned any resistance to their "new" theocracy....they destroyed any and all science and intelligent information. Alexander had begun the advance of world progress through education, learning, and knowledge...he instituted the library of Alexandria that would incorporate the entire knowledge of the world and teach world people for it's advancement(it was his dream). From Constantine on it would not even be heard of...it would be destroyed...and it was!
It was a very sad day for the world. The Vatican has much of this still entered in it's secret archives.
It is shameful.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry marge I have been at work.
Yes, if Tony has repented and given up being a sodomite and that lifestyle.
Thanks marge, OldJG
So this must mean that you are judge and jury over heterosexuals that have anal and oral sex with their wives.

My guess is, that Jew will be so impressed with your ability to label heterosexuals as evil sinners that he might wet his invisible self.

Mythical characters can't take too much excitement. It was written ... and I know that is true because I just wrote it.

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. the same old bigot in sheep's clothing. lol.
Well, I'm off to the 515 daily Mass at the Cathedral.(there are so many statues to worship, I can't decide which one) lol.
Thanls for admitting it. Pan is just outside one if the cathedrals...perhaps you could join us in worshiping his honour.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
127<quoted text>
Bull manure!!!!!
NOT cow manure???

It's not nice to favor one gender's poop over the other.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<It was a very sad day for the world. The Vatican has much of this still entered in it's secret archives.
It is shameful.
Religion IS shameful.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I already answered that last time. You're an idiot.
You're not at all interested in what Catholics really believe.(in fact, I don't think you're interested in what Protestants do either.lol Scary)
God didn't ask Joseph to take Mary as his wife so they could be romantic and procreate. Joseph was old. He already been there done that.
Joseph was asked to be her Husband so he could provide for Mary and Jesus.
Joseph take your wife but don't touch you bad boy. She is your wife but not really.
You get no privileges.
Catechism stuff?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Superstition and religion have always gone hand in hand.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book—Don’t Sing Before Breakfast, Don’t Sleep in the Moonlight.

Women were often considered bad luck on ships. This was partly due to the fear that they might be witches.
…………………
Hair has long been thought to be connected in some way with a person’s life force or inner strength. In the biblical story of Samson and Delilah, the hero Samson was robbed of his tremendous physical power when Delilah cut his hair as he slept.
…………………
It is best to burn hair so that not a trace will remain for a witch to find.
People once believed that yawning was caused by the devil, whose favorite way of jumping into the body was through the mouth.
…………………………
It was feared that the breath and the soul could escape the body, even by means of a sneeze.
…………………………
Hiccups were blamed on the devil. Victims were said to be possessed. Now we know that hiccups have to do with the diaphragm and other organs in the chest.

The ancient Romans were so worried about visitors entering their houses with the left foot instead of the right, that they stationed a servant called a “footman” at the door to keep watch.

But if the left-handed people were the majority, the right hand would almost certainly be the wrong hand.

From the earliest times, people who were born left-handed were looked upon with fear and distrust. They were believed to be insane, to have criminal tendencies, or –worst of all—to be possessed by the devil.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Some were... especially those in the immediate area(and most familiar with Jesus)the Greeks also accepted many, as did the Coptics in the areas of Egypt and eastern mestoptamia.
The problem arose with the "Roman" (western) factions. They were the[strongest] "power" in the region, and the "victors" rewrote the history(that included the facts). Paul was invented to procure the gentile factor of the empire(400 years later--when the "gospels were elaborated and incorporated)Their empire was faltering, and "religion " was the cure to embody the reunification. When they were secure enough in that, they destroyed and burned any resistance to their "new" theocracy....they destroyed any and all science and intelligent information. Alexander had begun the advance of world progress through education, learning, and knowledge...he instituted the library of Alexandria that would incorporate the entire knowledge of the world and teach world people for it's advancement(it was his dream). From Constantine on it would not even be heard of...it would be destroyed...and it was!
It was a very sad day for the world. The Vatican has much of this still entered in it's secret archives.
It is shameful.
What??? The True Church going back 2000 years did this???...MOMMA MIA!!!!..NO NO It can not be! I am shocked!(faints)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Clay"
I already answered that last time. You're an idiot.
You're not at all interested in what Catholics really believe.(in fact, I don't think you're interested in what Protestants do either.lol Scary)
God didn't ask Joseph to take Mary as his wife so they could be romantic and procreate. Joseph was old. He already been there done that.
Joseph was asked to be her Husband so he could provide for Mary and Jesus.

You forget that Mary and Joseph were betrothed before she became pregnant.
You forget that Joseph KNEW that Mary was pregnant, and considered a divorce because of that. He loved her (romance) so much that he was unwilling to expose her to public shame, so he was going to do it quietly.

And THEN God spoke to him in a dream, saying, "Don't be afraid to take Mary YOUR WIFE..."

Old man!!! LOL

KayMarie

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Dumb animals ... HUH!!!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book—Banting—A biography, by Michael Bliss.

Banting saw one of the rare sights of the Great War; a mass of cavalry galloping to the attack. They soon turned and retreated in the face of German fire. Banting watched as their leader, now riding behind his men, was thrown headlong from his horse by a shell that seemed to explode directly under them. The horse got to its feet, started galloping away, then stopped and returned to its rider. The horse stood perfectly still, while he slowly climbed into the saddle. When he grasped the reign, the horse galloped off.“I stood and watched him go……hurdling shell holes, ditches and the debris of war.” He always remembered, and was fascinated by the intelligence the animal had shown.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

who="Seraphima" I/we as Catholics, will (continue) to follow, embrace and adhere to the ONLY TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ, as other Catholics have for over 2000 years, living in the faith and salvation of Christ that is manifested in and through HIS One True Catholic ChurcH---where the inspired and revealed TRUTH has and always (will be))!!!...."YOU Confrinting--- CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!
Was the Catholic Church following "The true teachings of Jesus Christ" during the Crusades,Inquisition etc.? just asking..

Seraphima...I don't understand what you are saying in the above post. Please explain.

KayMarie
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Vote for Pedro wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct! But scripture also says that "the Word was made flesh" and you must ask yourself the original Word of God (the ten commandments)was in the ARC of the Covenant and the New Covenant "Word of God" was in Mary's womb, not yours not mine no anyone else's. So, the only logical conclusion is that, NO, we are not all ARCs of the covenant because we do not, did not and never have ever held the "Word of GOD" who "became flesh in our wombs.
That's funny.
We have the word thanks to Mary. We never heard it before.
Is that more catechism?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

who="Seraphima"Sorry Hojo but your wrong again.....the word Catholic wayyyy back then meant UNIVERSAL NOT AS IN YOUR CATHOLIC CHURCH of TODAY...ONE HOLY UNIVERSAL AND APOSTOLIC CHURCH!!!....Its that simple to understand and if you stop and think about it it makes sense..

Agree.
KM

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You got my curiosity....
Where are you finding info that God actually said: thousands,shalt not EAT of it.
Where are you finding info that the serpent touch the tree...
You are quite ignorant. The "serpent" IS the [Keeper] of the tree and all medical and scientific information. The serpent/snake/feathered serpent[ENKI] is the chief "engineer" in charge of all such information. He is the one who "ordered" Adumus to existance. Your deity is an assumed deity from the bowels of "EL"...A lessor god to Anshar and even Any of Enki. Enlil-Ekki's brother Is your deity by the assumed name of YHWH or El Shaddai.
Why do you think your "deity" was so jealous of other gods? He was extremely jealous of Enki and Marduk...that's why!
Who do you think it was that said "let us create him in our own image"?
It was Enki and Ninhursag!---not your make believe trinity!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And I see that you are still alive after testing the supposed god to kill you on the spot if it exists.
Most devout believers are too frightened to put that thought out into the universe, as my guess is, they really don't want to die, just in case their "god" WILL change his mind and fry them in hell rather than the ones at which they keep pointing.
After all ... Jehovah ... the one and only god ... according to theology ... created good AND evil.
It keeps them on tenterHOOKS.
Ya! I am still here June! I see you are also. What does that tell ya?

Wait for the apologetic rhetoric...
...!...2...3...
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything to avoid the questions.
No god ever appointed such a failure as the Roman Catholic Church.
Just a simple look at history proves that much.
TRUE Gospel?
Question: Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary the queen of Heaven?
Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary sinless?
Where in the TRUE Gospel say that Mary ascended into Heaven in bodily form? The Romanist church just made up this stuff over the years. The last was in the 1950s I believe.
Like God waited almost 2000 years to tell you Romanists that Mary flew up to Heaven in human form?
Your Pope prays to Mary. Mary is now another savior. And the Gospels are rendered almost meaningless.
No wonder Romanism is such a failure after so many centuries.
True Gospel? Not when you keep making stuff up to take the focus off of God and put it on yourselves and your self-created gods and saints.
So how has that worked out for what was once the most powerful institution on the planet? Is the power and prestige growing, or is Romanism today a laughing stock?
Tell me about your church.

Surely you can do better than these heretics, eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is "nothing to argue, and nothing to debate"! The absolute authenticated TRUTH has, is and will CONTINUE to be as it has for over 2000 years) in the faith and salvation of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church..... Our Lord "confirms it" in Matthew 16:13-21 and TRUE Sacred Church History "re-affirms it" over and over again by the (overwhelming vast majority) of accredited Apologistic Historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant)........ In the historical writings of the biographical lives of the Saints and in the Church Historical manuscripts of Apostolic Succession since the beginning of the Church, Jesus began HIS CHURCH by appointing St Peter (as the 1st Bishop)as HIS "earthly representative" to lead HIS CHURCH, until HE (Jesus)returns for the second time!!!...... You see June, it is all historically documented---with "nothing to argue about"!!!!
YES!
It is quite hysterically documented!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
This was the REAL teaching of Christianity. And it continued after the founding fathers wrote the constitution.
The devout Christian, Thomas Jefferson who re-wrote the new testament ... owned slaves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
From the book … Black and Free … by Tom Skinner … comes the following.
The young Negro argued that while the white man would teach the Negro to love his neighbor, to love God, to have patience, to be humble, he would teach him only while he had his foot on the black man’s neck. He would preach to him about love while denying him the right to a decent job. He urged the Negro to obey God’s word while raping his women. He was telling him to love God and country although his home was burning, his family shot and his property destroyed.
Sounds like typical Mississippi rhetoric ta me sis.
Oh God, Where art though?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Ya! I am still here June! I see you are also. What does that tell ya?
Wait for the apologetic rhetoric...
...!...2...3...
Oh yes, I'm sure there will be a reasonable explanation from the pulpit gang of bible-bangers concerning why the god didn't kill us outright to prove it's existence.

Maybe it just wants people to have faith in its existence, as faith is mysterious rather than proof-positive.

Apparently this god hides its knowledge on purpose to keep humans in dark dungeons while IT sucks up all the light and perfection for itself.

Stupid dogmas.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite ignorant. The "serpent" IS the [Keeper] of the tree and all medical and scientific information.
The Catholics did not only vilify the dogmas of the Jews. They vilified the dogmas of all religions that came before them, and didn't foresee that the Muslims and Protestants would come after them ... literally and figuratively.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Progress of the Intellect: As Exemplified in the Religious Development of the Greeks and Hebrew, Volumes 1-2, by Robert William Mackay.

But the serpent had many varying meanings. A serpent ring was a well-known symbol of time; and to express dramatically how time preys upon itself, the Egyptian priests fed vipers in a subterranean chamber, as it were in the sun’s winter abode, on the fat of bulls or the year’s plenteousness.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 442,121 - 442,140 of530,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

489 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min _Brenda_ 717,003
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Dusty Mangina 93,244
Why America is a ROTTEN nation! 22 min Anon 35
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min River Tam 598,798
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min Pegasus 255,746
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 29 min seriously the original 5,177
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min Jim Justice 114,678
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr UidiotRaceMAkeWorldpeace 171,503
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr SimmerExtreme 64