Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590301 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#458214 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quotes of Mary are from three little children. Mary didn't say it. Three little kids said Mary said it. And THAT'S what the Catholic Church teaches about Fatima, in case you're interested in truth. Mary is our spiritual Mother. If anyone is in need of a spiritual Mother, its you.
you do not understand enough about scripture to dive into Marian doctrine. Its best to stay away until you can learn more, otherwise you risk offending Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Tell me, does Heaven have a King? If so, who would be the Queen? You can't tell me there is a King with no Queen. lol
my daughter and I were discussing Mary and the differences in Prot..Cath belief.

I think if we are s o inclined to get in tt o her poo private married life we coukd ask.

Then thinking how great heaven w I'll be thinking

Ok a bunch of Cath and PROTESTANTS...decide to be POLITE they bypass Mary.

Go up to James of Jerusalem.
Or the other Brethren of Jesus

Say hey can you settle a question fir us...Is Mary your m o m..did she birth you..did she And Joseph have relation s.
Now James ..thinking hos rude this is and maybe under orders from His elders or God

James give them a stare and says.
Now wouldn't you people just live to know..But guess what.

You all spent so much time arguing this...it will never be answered and by the way leave mom alone.. Lol

NOW wouldn't you guys just love to know

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#458215 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
OldJG? Are you going to answer me? Shouldn't it be that Tony was past tense a sodomite like we all believers were past sinners but now have been washed?
The tantamount thing...is should Tony even be concerned what you lowly subjugates think about him, or should he be concerned what his relationship with his God is?
You people(s) opinions have no say whatsoever in the matter of any personal relationship(be it a human or a deity)....with anything whatsoever.
I would never become an "inquisitor" when it is not (nor ever was) my place.
We see in "after the fact" how they are judged.
Perhaps more christers need to listen to the words of their Jesus...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#458216 Jul 1, 2013
This was the REAL teaching of Christianity. And it continued after the founding fathers wrote the constitution.

The devout Christian, Thomas Jefferson who re-wrote the new testament ... owned slaves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book … Black and Free … by Tom Skinner … comes the following.

The young Negro argued that while the white man would teach the Negro to love his neighbor, to love God, to have patience, to be humble, he would teach him only while he had his foot on the black man’s neck. He would preach to him about love while denying him the right to a decent job. He urged the Negro to obey God’s word while raping his women. He was telling him to love God and country although his home was burning, his family shot and his property destroyed.
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

#458217 Jul 1, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

Prince George, Canada

#458218 Jul 1, 2013
Wherever those in religion went ... brutality was sure to follow.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book … Black and Free … by Tom Skinner … comes the following……

It soon began to be argued by even the church that slavery was a divine institution ordained by God. Others quoted scripture, from the book of Genesis, of how Ham was cursed and how through Noah his children were all given a low position.“Why,” they said,“The word ham even means black.” They argued that all black people had been relegated by God to a condition of slavery, to serve the white man for the rest of his life. Therefore they reasoned,“God has ordained it to be so,” and as one individual wrote from Texas not long ago,“woe be unto any white man that seeks to raise a black man out of the condition that God has cursed him.” This became the philosophy; this became the way of life.

Prince George, Canada

#458219 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
my daughter and I were discussing Mary and the differences in Prot..Cath belief.
I think if we are s o inclined to get in tt o her poo private married life we coukd ask.
Then thinking how great heaven w I'll be thinking
Ok a bunch of Cath and PROTESTANTS...decide to be POLITE they bypass Mary.
Go up to James of Jerusalem.
Or the other Brethren of Jesus
Say hey can you settle a question fir us...Is Mary your m o m..did she birth you..did she And Joseph have relation s.
Now James ..thinking hos rude this is and maybe under orders from His elders or God
James give them a stare and says.
Now wouldn't you people just live to know..But guess what.
You all spent so much time arguing this...it will never be answered and by the way leave mom alone.. Lol
NOW wouldn't you guys just love to know
Had Mary lived, she would have been faithful to Judaism NOT Christianity.

All this malarkey about sainthood is simply that ... Catholic malarkey!

Prince George, Canada

#458220 Jul 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps more christers need to listen to the words of their Jesus...
If Jesus lived, you want Christians to listen to the words of a faithful Jew??? WHY???

They are Christians ... NOT Jews.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#458221 Jul 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Hojo It does say ONE HOLY CATHOLIC AND APOSTLIC CHURCH..CATHOLIC MEANING UNVERSAL NOT CATHOLIC AS IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH OF TODAY. Your church began in 1054 taking the word Catholic and the Orthodox took the name Orthodox meaning RIGHT FAITH OR TRUE FAITH....the Orthodox and Catholic Church WERE ONE CHURCH 2000 YEARS AGO UNTIL THE BISHOP OF ROME WANTED TO CONTROL THE ENTIRE CHURCH...humble yourself to the truth man or at least stop bragging....
Hi Seraphima!!! Sorry that you can't seem to get TRUE CHURCH History correct)!!

ALL of the Early Church Fathers were, in fact Catholic.
The Early Church was, in fact, called BOTH "Orthodox" and "Catholic." St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostles, calls the Church by both these names as early as A.D. 107. The word “Orthodox” in Greek is “orthódoxos” meaning “right in religion“, or “straight teaching”; and the word “Catholic” is “katholikós” meaning “general” and/or “kathól(ou)” meaning “universally”. >>>>>
Also, the word “katholikos” literally means “the whole in every part.” It is commonly translated “universal.”
Here is what Ignatius says:
"You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church
without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is THE CATHOLIC CHURCH." (Ignasius "NEVER" referred to the Church as Orthodox! In the Apostles Creed was it referred to as (quote)"I believe in One HOLY CATHOLIC and Apostolic Church---NOT one Orthodox Church (Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans)
Ignatius’ point is that the TRUE Church (the CATHOLIC Church –the Church as it is known in all parts of the world) is found locally with the bishop, as opposed to Gnostic cults and other false sects which claimed to be the true Church. Ergo, here as early as A.D. 107, the Church was already known as “the Catholic Church.”...... It would have been known by the name (Catholic) while the Apostle John was still alive, since he died only about 7 years earlier than the time when Ignatius is writing, and NOT Orthodox!!!

Location hidden

#458222 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..corrupt the bloodline of Adam .Cain kills Abel..
.then the Neohilim DNA......then after Noah..corrupt what sons he coukd ..then try to kill off the Jews six ways from Sunday...pharaohs..also the ones they f ought.
Tempt David...then down the road kill off or corrupt the descendants ..Jezebel definitely had Satan as,coach..
And yet David's line survived...hallelujah..
He did not like that curse in the Garden..
And unlike a lot if us he knows God keeps His word
Just imagine his surprise and anger when getting them to kill Christ was the very thing God wanted Don e!!!!!
Death died ..No more free rides ..Jesus blood..the perfect sacrifice opened heaven to the ones Satan hates the most..humans...
Hallelujah. We serve an awesome God.
If you take a good look at history, you will find that it was not Egypt(proper) that was interfering with the Judah's and Israelites. It was the other way around. The were considered "barbarians" by the Egyptians....because they WERE.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#458223 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on a forum ... not preaching in a church!
A Jew would not wipe away Christian guilt on a bet just because Christians believe that the Jew would be such a sucker.
My guess is Jews would tell you to live with your own guilt of your so-called holy institution of Catholicism murdering them as Christ-killers century after century.
You seem to think you can manipulate others to your cause, but it won't work on me.
What you preach is unbelievable.
Unfortunately for you, June,---the unbelievable has, is and will continue to be TRUE!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458224 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong #H1121 has man defines "sons" (as characterisation, i.e. sons of injustice [for un- righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
There are many theories about the Nephilim. Here are a few to consider.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/...
When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; Therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning.

To say that Scripture teaches "sons of God are demons" or "sons of God were demons"....violates the first guideline to study Scripture...

Location hidden

#458225 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; Therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning.

To say that Scripture teaches "sons of God are demons" or "sons of God were demons"....violates the first guideline to study Scripture...

Location hidden

#458226 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..corrupt the bloodline of Adam .Cain kills Abel..
.then the Neohilim DNA......then after Noah..corrupt what sons he coukd ..then try to kill off the Jews six ways from Sunday...pharaohs..also the ones they f ought.
Tempt David...then down the road kill off or corrupt the descendants ..Jezebel definitely had Satan as,coach..
And yet David's line survived...hallelujah..
He did not like that curse in the Garden..
And unlike a lot if us he knows God keeps His word
Just imagine his surprise and anger when getting them to kill Christ was the very thing God wanted Don e!!!!!
Death died ..No more free rides ..Jesus blood..the perfect sacrifice opened heaven to the ones Satan hates the most..humans...
Hallelujah. We serve an awesome God.
That is NOT what what was supposed to happen at all.

You have been misled.

Location hidden

#458227 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the fact that their offspring are giants..super hero's to speak .
Might give us a clue.
My understanding is that these were angels..principalities who were to guard the earth. Who became corrupted by the temptations of the flesh.
Have no idea what happened to forbids angels after their corruption..
Probably aligned with the fallen ..as God was NOT pleased.
They corrupted the DNA if the earth ..am sure Satan was,pleased
That does not change the truth:

In the Scripture that speaks of "sons of God"....son is defined as:
ben, a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc.,(like 1, 251, etc.)):--+ afflicted, age,(Ahoh-)(Ammon-)(Hachmon-)( Lev-)ite,(anoint-)ed one, appointed to,(+) arrow,(Assyr-)(Babylon-)(Egypt -)(Grec-)ian, one born, bough, branch, breed,+(young) bullock,+(young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first,+ firstborn, foal,+ very fruitful,+ postage, X in,+ kid,+ lamb,(+) man, meet,+ mighty,+ nephew, old,(+) people,+ rebel,+ robber, X servant born, X soldier, son,+ spark,+ steward,+ stranger, X surely, them of,+ tumultuous one,+ valiant(-est), whelp, worthy, young (one), youth

In that definition, I do not see "fallen angels (demons)". Neither does anyone else....
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#458228 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on a forum ... not preaching in a church!
A Jew would not wipe away Christian guilt on a bet just because Christians believe that the Jew would be such a sucker.
My guess is Jews would tell you to live with your own guilt of your so-called holy institution of Catholicism murdering them as Christ-killers century after century.
You seem to think you can manipulate others to your cause, but it won't work on me.
What you preach is unbelievable.
I have "no intensions" of tying to manipulate you or ANYONE else! I just speak and proclaim the TRUTH! That is all! The Holy Spirit------the Spirit of God is the "only source" that can convert, transform and change the hearts, minds and souls of people,----- through prayer--and NOTHING ELSE!!
Yes---it definitely is "unbelievable"--but TRUE!!!

Location hidden

#458229 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose I open my Bible and interpret it myself and I disagree with your Interpretations. What are you, Jack and Preston going to do? Surround me and shove scripture verses down my throat?? lol
Which one of you guys are the authority on sacred scripture?
None of you are.
Not even (1) of you can prove what, who, when, or why these rhetorics were written...many of the actual accountings were rejected as heresy when they were more real accounts than the "heretics" choices were to make "gospel".

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#458230 Jul 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOU Confrinting, have defiantly and rebelliously REJECTED over and over again the ""and expressed" words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 16 regarding HIS (Universal-Catholic) Church as well as HIS Words in John 6:47-59 regarding His TRUE body and TRUE blood--in the Eucharist-----attempting to "gloss it all over" by listing a bunch of quoted (or better yet misquoted) bible verses that are suppose to "elevate your status" as a "holier than thou" preacher,(supposedly) led by the Spirit---condemning, judging and attacking the faith of other Christians (especially Catholics)---Lets put it this way Confrinting!!!!!!! I'll continue in my "daily walk, worship and communion" with Jesus Christ (each day) at Daily Mass, receiving Our Lord (every day) in the Eucharist, listening and reading to His Word, in Prayer and Adoration in the House of God (Jesus Christs One True Catholic Church)!!----You, my friend, can have your bible only---"half-truth" editorialized "opinionated" Protestant ministry, along with your other 42,000+ contradicting and inconsistent "relative truth" denominations,of which (every one of them) conflict with each other!!! IT IS ALL YOURS!!!....... I/we as Catholics, will (continue) to follow, embrace and adhere to the ONLY TRUE TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ, as other Catholics have for over 2000 years, living in the faith and salvation of Christ that is manifested in and through HIS One True Catholic ChurcH---where the inspired and revealed TRUTH has and always (will be))!!!...."YOU Confrinting--- CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!
~~~

I WILL DO WHAT GOD WANTS...

ROMAN CATHOLICISM .....IS NOT...MY...GOD...
YOU WROTE

expressed" words of Jesus Christ in Matthew 16 regarding HIS (Universal-Catholic Church)

I WILL PRINT MATHEW 16:17-19

and PROVE YOU TO BE A LIAR,,,

(Universal-Catholic Church) aint written in there...NOT EVEN IMPLYED

WHY DO YOU LIE...

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

WHY DO YOU LIE ON JESUS?

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#458231 Jul 1, 2013
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Joh 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Joh 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Joh 6:48 I am that bread of life.

Joh 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Joh 6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

Joh 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Joh 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Joh 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

Joh 6:59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

Joh 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

Joh 6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

Joh 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

ABOVE JESUS WAS ALLUDING TO THE WORDS THAT HE WROTE BELOW..

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth;

the flesh profiteth nothing:

THE WORDS I SPEAK UNTO YOU THEY ARE SPIRIT AND THEY ARE LIFE...

JESUS WAS SPEAKING THAT HE IS THE LIVING WORD...AND WE SHOULD INGEST HIM INTO OUR HEARTS...

THIS IS THE FLESH HE WAS SPEAKING ABOUT....

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Joh 1:15
John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Joh 1:16
And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

Location hidden

#458232 Jul 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>let me play your game.
SHOW US WHERE MARY IS CONSIDEERED THE "ARK OF THE NEW COVENANT.
I doubt if you even know what the new covenant is. and that Ark of the Jewish people is not to be found.
roman catholics are idiots.
And why do you believe that the ark of the "old" was constructed according to very specific parameters of material and measurement?
Do remember where and when it came from...it was "stolen" from Egypt, and was most likely the reason for the elaborate fabrication of "Exodus"...it meant death for anyone who even touched the main container(arc itself) which was encased in the heaviest and conductive element ever known. Even in the temple in Jerusalem, men were tied around the ankle with a rope(to pull them back out) because it caused instant death.
It was a two part process that made the "mana".

Location hidden

#458233 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
The modernized Pagan religions promise that the goddess loves everybody.
It can't get much better than THAT.
This fellow knows how gullible believers lap up lies as a dog laps up its own vomit.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
I watched a program on Primetime OWN.
The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"
Here he is, according to him, in the person of Jesus.
… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ifEACinhrAYXX
All of that is "hokey" June...The Pagan part as well. It just doesn't work that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessari... 838,916
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min RiccardoFire 99,994
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 18 min janeebee 4,442
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min Truths 612,192
searching for lesbian partner... 37 min het4u 1
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 1 hr Alix 254
China sends armed officers to Nepal for relief ops 1 hr Kid_Tomorrow 7
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr swedenforever 176,949
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 23 hr Finley 31
More from around the web