Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673155 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#458403 Jul 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
YOU HAVE GONE DEEPER INTO SUPPOSITION AND PRESUMPTUOUSNESS THAN THE ROMAN CATHOLICS,,,
QUESTION
OF WHAT PROFIT IS IT ..to God's eternal plan of redemption.."
Is it not a bloated ego trip...based on
"LOOK HOW INTELLEGENT I AM" LOOK I KNOW SOMETHING YOU DON'T...AND YOU ARE SO DUMB...
IS NOT THE ABOVE YOUR REASON FOR EXPLOITING CONJECTURE AND IMAGINATIONS THAT ARE AN UNCHARTED COURSE IN THE BIBLE?... AS THE ROMAN CATHOLICS DO?
1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.
Let's use our indoor voices, K?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458404 Jul 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality of Fatima is that there were supernatural events that proved the existence of God and the role of the Blessed Mother.. which also proves the Catholic Church to be who they claim to be.
You want to focus on some secret messages that are basically irrelevant to us. Mary didn't say anything to us. Three little children said Mary said it. That's not enough to make the Church respond to any Dogmatic or doctrinal issues.
Meanwhile, some guy say he deciphered some Bible secret, and you guys run out in the street awaiting the Rapture!
YOU POSTED

The reality of Fatima is that there were supernatural events that proved the existence of God and the role of the Blessed Mother.

YOUR CONJECTURE IS NOT THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST....

JESUS GAVE US ALL THE SIGNS WE NEED..AND IT AINT ABOUT MARY...IT IS ABOUT HIM...

JESUS SAID

Mat 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign;

and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

A REAL BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN DOES NOT FOLLOW SIGNS...SIGNS FOLLOW THE,

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

#458405 Jul 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's use our indoor voices, K?
I AM COMPLETELY DEAF ...WITH OUT A HEARING AID...

INDOOR VOICES OR OUT DOOR VOICES ARE ALL THE SAME TO ME...

IT ALL DEPEND UPON THE QUALITY OF MY AMP...

SOMETIMES IT IS ADVANTAGEOUS TO BE DEAF...It helps one to not be distracted when looking for truth..

Since: Nov 08

usa

#458406 Jul 2, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG!! Go back to the 3rd century Seraphima when the Apostles Creed was written----Notice that it says ..."I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy CATHOLIC Church...the communion of Saints.....etc.
(It doesn't say the Holy Orthodox Church --does it!!
This is just another TRUE Church History example that illustrates and proves that Jesus Christs One TRUE CHURCH (over 2000 years ago) has, is and ALWAYS was Catholic and the Orthodox (an arm) of the Catholic Church separated itself in the 11th century.
rotflmao, you are a funny guy. you talk about oral teachings since you have done extensive research as you claim, can you tell us what oral teachings that you speak of? that proves your point? and how do you prove what you say is true or even said, if there only oral teachings?

Columbus, OH

#458407 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
...It helps one to not be distracted when looking for truth..
Or hiding from it.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#458408 Jul 2, 2013
how are all the little roman empire throwback - idol worhshipers doing today?:)

#458409 Jul 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Or hiding from it.
My Brother-in-law was blind in his later life...

He had (Retinitis pigmentosis) but he saw deeper in the important things

of God than many that had perfect vision..

Since: Sep 09

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458410 Jul 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
How ignorant does one have to be to believe corruption and scandals are confined to a specific religion?
Do you really want an opinion on that issue???

:)

#458411 Jul 2, 2013
who="jethro8" It is true that man/women is born the most helpless, interesting that it is, and in the animal kingdom babies are born an left alone knowing exactly how to survive, what would you call that?? to me it sounds like credibility to Darwin's theory of evolution survival of the fittest.

It would show a MASSIVE flaw in evolution...the highest of its creatures born totally helpless? LOL

God's plan is better. Man is born NEEDING OTHERS. A nurturer and a provider. Then fellowship. He feeds those helpless tame creatures, which, though they know HOW to feed themselves, can't get the food they need. God feeds the remaining wild creatures.

It is not good for man to be alone. God deliberately made us to need each other. We sin against ourselves when we struggle against our fellowman. You may sometimes find bread to feed yourselves, but you cannot find the mental and emotional support needed to LIVE anywhere except in other human beings.

This is why God categorizes sin as those things which wound one's human fellows.(We see a lot of that 'sin' on this forum.)

KayMarie

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458412 Jul 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're still shouting, son.
Hahahahahaha

Preachers that are hired by god often shout it out!

It seems that god prefers shouting matches by his followers concerning who he loves.

Even physical violence doesn't seem to bother "him."

God just sleeps his life away
While his greedy children PLAY

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#458413 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>OH. You're one o' them S&M guys huh?
no...m&m's

#458414 Jul 2, 2013
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Or hiding from it.
Seven times in Revelation Jesus said

Rev_2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Rev_2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Rev_2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Rev_2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev_3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev_3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev_3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear

BUT NO ONE LISTENS

Every on is LISTENING to the pope...

Jesus said..

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

IS THERE ANY ONE THAT WILL PAY ATTENTION TO...

what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

TODAY...

Paul wrote Timothy

Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

NOTE
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

#458415 Jul 2, 2013
who="Clay "
Heaven is a KINGDOM. We know who the King is, so who is the Queen?
Jesus told you to search the scriptures Jack, so tell us who the Queen would be?

The Word says plainly that Israel is the wife of God. It also declares The Raptured Church to be the Bride of Christ. All argument about THE church will be settled when the CHURCH that God is building is caught up to be with Him, and is part of the wedding supper.(Hint: THE church is invisible. It is part of every nation, tribe and tongue. It is not yours, or mine, or theirs...it is HIS.)

It would be a twisted mess to present a natural human being (Mary) to be both the mother and the bride of our Savior!

KayMarie

#458416 Jul 2, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
how are all the little roman empire throwback - idol worhshipers doing today?:)
THE SAME AS YESTERDAY...

Mat_15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458417 Jul 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>It is true that man/women is born the most helpless, interesting that it is, and in the animal kingdom babies are born an left alone knowing exactly how to survive, what would you call that?? to me it sounds like credibility to Darwin's theory of evolution survival of the fittest.
Did you ever wonder why this supposed creator created Adam and Eve as adults, and yet thereafter babies were born absolutely helpless?

And being an all-knowing creator, it knew that those babies would often be abused and many of them finally murdered by the parents who should have been (by an all-benevolent designer) to be loving care-givers.

If a creator exists, it's a cruel maniac in thought and deed!

Columbus, OH

#458418 Jul 2, 2013
<quoted text>
My Brother-in-law was blind in his later life...
He had (Retinitis pigmentosis) but he saw deeper in the important things
of God than many that had perfect vision..
I wouldn't argue blindness helps in these matters, child.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458419 Jul 2, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The reality of Fatima is that there were supernatural events that proved the existence of God and the role of the Blessed Mother.. which also proves the Catholic Church to be who they claim to be.
You want to focus on some secret messages that are basically irrelevant to us. Mary didn't say anything to us. Three little children said Mary said it. That's not enough to make the Church respond to any Dogmatic or doctrinal issues.
Meanwhile, some guy say he deciphered some Bible secret, and you guys run out in the street awaiting the Rapture!
When I was a kid learned about Fatima..the messages were to be revealed sometime in the then future..what happened to them??

Serious question..kind if forgot about it.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458420 Jul 2, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>religion is a double edged sword, if used as it was intended by the O.t. writers, which to me was to bring hope an comfort to people who feel lost and desperate at times, a book to read to help you through a time of crisis when you have no one to turn to,a book of rules in which to live by, bring harmony to the world unfortunately man corrupted all that, turned the book into a money making machine,
I don't agree at all. The old testament is an much a book of lies as is the new one.

Jews were at one time polytheistic, believing in multiple gods. Some Jews wanting full attention created the one-god dogma and wrote that they were the chosen few. The aim was to make all people over into Jews.

Religion is all about "What's in it for me."

Ridiculous blather.

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#458421 Jul 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I AM NOT YOUR BROTHER, AND i THANK GOD FOR THAT
There's just nothing so sentimental as religious LOVE.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#458422 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I was under the spell of religion, I knew I had get over my self and out of my own religion in order to perceive that all forms of life value their own existence as much as I value mine.
Non-human animals also have the will to survive, but they don't go to such stupid lengths as trying to manipulate a hereafter because of their own lusts to stay alive.
Only humans are so greedy!
Non-human animals take it as it comes.
Since God is not a religion,nor is He religion at all,I can relate to your wanting to free yourself of being under the SPELL of religion.Your statements are profoundly glib however.As you seem to think that any exhilaration over being connected with God is selfish and lustful.How morbid.Your mental evaluations of God,religion and our human connection to the spiritual are strictly from a fallacy your mind has developted on the subject.There is no concrete substance of truth in what you purport June. It would be better if you went on a fast,got a hold of a bible and just read it,give the True GOD of all Creation a chance to enter that fallacy you created in your mind,and abandon such for your own preservation.SOMETIMES we have to just abandon those useless thoughts that pervade our mindset,and let GOD have His perfect way June.

You have a real hurdle to overcome,atheism will not help you to overcome it,only the Creator will,because He knows every fiber of your being,I hope the best for you.Abandon religion,that is good,but that will not give you the peace that only God can give.By the way according to the New Testament TRUE religion is helping widows and caring for orphans.Perhaps if you tried true religion,than you would finally realize that God is the author of good deeds,helping widows,and caring for orphans,also Giving to those in need.Selfish living is not good for any human being whether atheist or believer.Your present mindset dear June is ultimately a selfish quagmire of glorifying your thoughts and opinions over the reality of Who God really IS.You will die someday,and HE will continue to BE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 17 min LAWEST100 619,375
News Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian' (Jul '09) 1 hr Antonio Raviolio 7,659
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Antonio Raviolio 184,621
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr True Christian-Jew 104,696
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr True Christian-Jew 981,254
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr True Christian-Jew 445,855
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 3 hr True Christian-Jew 95
More from around the web