Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646402 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

4GVN

Jackson, MO

#458357 Jul 1, 2013
4GVN wrote:
<quoted text>So Catholicism is the only way to God? So you are trying to tell us that one can not go directly to God, but must go through a religious system? What are you smoking. Good thing the thief on the cross didn't know that. Nor the Ethiopian eunich. Fortunatly God is available to all sincere seekers who would call on His name for salvation. You are really clueless and are teaching a false gospel, which is really no gospel at all.
Funny how they try to ignor the things they can't answer.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458358 Jul 1, 2013
Do you guys understand Ezekiel 28:15. This is when the knowledge of evil was introduced into the world. Satan was PERFECT, had only the knowledge of good till he because of his pride, wanted to be like God and sit on Gods throne himself WHICH CAUSED HIM TO BECOME EVIL. This is when the knowledge of evil was introduce by him and he became known as the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458359 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony17, said, quote, "You foolishly stated that there are no metaphors in the Bible yet you can't apply a literal intrepretation to verse 9 of Ezekiel 37." End quote.
Tony17, you are lost. At no time did I ever say there are NO METAPHORS in the Bible.
I'll keep my ESV and you can have your KJV. Actually I have an NASB as well.
Also, Tony17, aren't you the "Serpent Seed" doctrine guru? LOL LOL
He is trying to get you to believe what the Kenites teach...they are mentioned in the OT....and they are alive and well today...and he claims to be a Christian....

KENITES

A people who dwelt west of the Dead sea, and extended themselves far into Arabia Petraea. Jethro, the father-in-law of Moses, was a Kenite, and his family accompanied the Israelites, and settled with other Kenites in various parts of the Holy Land, Jg 1:16; 4:11; 1Sa 30:29; 1Ch 2:55 Heber and the Rechabites were their descendants.

The Kenites of whom we read appear to have known and served Jehovah, and the whole tribe were friendly to the Hebrews. Saul spared them, when sent to destroy the Amalekites among whom they dwelt, Nu 24:20-21; 1Sa 15:6
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#458360 Jul 1, 2013
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#458361 Jul 1, 2013
Now you are against me..why?
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#458362 Jul 1, 2013
I told you beware from Israel or else.
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#458363 Jul 1, 2013
http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/1-16.htm

your law is not my law..
ones when you put hand over me and judge finish..
https://www.google.com.au/search...
truth

Duncraig, Australia

#458364 Jul 1, 2013
your judges is not my judges..no.
jesus know i speak truth..

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#458365 Jul 2, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>since we do not have a mode to express our words for emphasis, we use CAPS.
IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM READING THE POSTS WHEN YOU SEE CAPS BEOING USED.
If your writing has any force, child, you won't need caps.

If your writing has no force, caps won't change that.
socci

Cameron, MO

#458366 Jul 2, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
Okay. Qyestion for you Christian folks. When Adam and were formed and placed into the garden which entity at that time was the first entity that knew both good and evil? Even he was good at one time.........TILL INIQUITY ( evil ) was found in him as we are told in scripture. He didn't become evil by eating from some tree that made him aware of evil by eating its fruit. Scripture tells us that iniquity was found in him. Why? He is called the TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL. Are the lessons I give on this forum really too difficult for you guys?

Sssatan like all the other angels was created with free will. He chose evil and was then cast out of heaven. He was not in the Garden before creation. We are told when God finished creation "it was good."

The tree of good and evil was just a tree. Eve and Adam chose to sin, thus know evil. God had told them not to eat from that tree. By defying God they surrendered to Satan. The tree was just a test. If they hadnt failed this test some of their children would have eventually.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#458367 Jul 2, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
Sssatan like all the other angels was created with free will. He chose evil and was then cast out of heaven. He was not in the Garden before creation. We are told when God finished creation "it was good."
The tree of good and evil was just a tree. Eve and Adam chose to sin, thus know evil. God had told them not to eat from that tree. By defying God they surrendered to Satan. The tree was just a test. If they hadnt failed this test some of their children would have eventually.
There was no garden before creation. In the beginning when God originally created everything in the universe,not the RE-CREATION that He did after the world became void and without form,GOD GAVE SATAN AUTHORITY OVER ALL THE WORLD. That's why
Satan could offer Christ the riches and the governments of the world if He worshipped him. They were his to give. Satan was possibly also a High Priest as well before he fell. One needs to study the precious stones in Ezekiel 28 that was Satan's covering. They are the same stones that the High Priest of Israel wore. There is much many of you still need to learn before you will begin to see that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is Satan.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#458368 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans do the planning and they tell the gods that live only in imaginations gets the rewards and who will be punished.
Religion is for simple-minded fools.
religion is a double edged sword, if used as it was intended by the O.t. writers, which to me was to bring hope an comfort to people who feel lost and desperate at times, a book to read to help you through a time of crisis when you have no one to turn to,a book of rules in which to live by, bring harmony to the world unfortunately man corrupted all that, turned the book into a money making machine, it's like the book was divided up between each religious group and used to make money, the catholic church was the first and became the richest thanks to the roman empire, the so called early church fathers were not fools, they saw the strength of the empire and took advantage of it, that is why there is a great religious state inside of Italy, the church used the romans to gather their treasures and strengthen the church through the use of fear and torture and death. if god does exist there is no way I can see that the pagan/Christian church would be the holy church Jesus speaks of creating in the book of Mathew. there is not one word of truth to the fact that the Vatican claims that it is the true church of Jesus/god. It is only in their man made beliefs that they try an make people believe that it is the holy church of Christ, outside of their history, there is nothing written anywhere that supports their B.S. stories.

usa

#458369 Jul 2, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why offend pagans?
no offense intended towards pagans, but the truth is the truth, paganism is part of the make up of the catholic church combined with Christianity, Do you really believe the Christian an pagan holiday dates JUST HAPPEN TO TAKE PLACE AT THE VERY EXACT SAME DATE?? not just one date but all of them, you have better odds at hitting the lottery than that happening, people just have to open their eyes and read for themselves the true history of the beginning of the catholic church and you'll see it is not the holy place it claims to be, IT'S A LIE! if you doubt it research it and try and prove me wrong, show me any type of history outside of their own teachings that clearly states that the catholic church is the church spoken of in the book of Mathew, which seems to be the book heavily relied upon by Catholics to prove their point, RIGHT HOJO! some how " MY CHURCH" came to mean Jesus was speaking about the catholic church, even though he never says it, we are suppose to believe it based on blind faith.

usa

#458370 Jul 2, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
From the book—Unconditional Love—John Powel .
What is life for? When I ask myself this question, I try to direct it to my stomach rather than my head. My poor head has memorized so many ideal answers, and these rote responses are ready to come tumbling out as soon as someone presses the right button.
bzzzzzzzzzzzzing is that the right button?:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458371 Jul 2, 2013
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Only those that are members of the 144,000 of Gods Elect are privy to comprehending the mystery nof the Serpent's seed. I pity you and the rest that haven't been sealed with the truth of God's word.
If this doctrine of the serpents seed bloodline befuddles you then no doubt about it you are definitely NOT one of Gods elect.
There ore those that God sealed that comprehend this doctrine at this timne but there is coming a time in the millennium that all those of you today that claim to be Christian are then gonna underatand that doctrine because at that time God will remove the veil from your eyes which porevents you guys from being able to understand this doctrine and the reason that Satan did what He did with Eve in the garden in an attempt to corrupt that bloodline through which Christ was to come. That was not the only arttempt by Satan on the seedline through which Christ was to come. In Genesis 6 when the SONS OF GOD took wives of the daughters of Adam that was yet another attempt by Satan on the bloodline through which Christ was to come. And there were many more attempts by Satan trying to corrupt that bloodline and the majority of so called Christians have absolutley NO CLUE what was going on and they still haven't a clue.
Eve mated with the serpent??? Producing Cain??

Then why is it that when the angels mated with the daughters of men..They produced Giants..the Neohilim.

Makes no sense.

Sounds like fiction.

The first born was Abel and there is no mention of Him in the Garden.

So how coukd she have been pregnant with Cain..

Actually sounds like heresy.

Strengthen 144 thousand to be Jews
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458372 Jul 2, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
I WILL DO WHAT GOD WANTS...
ROMAN CATHOLICISM .....IS NOT...MY...GOD...
YOU WROTE
No Confrinting!! You will do "only" what YOU want!!---and that is listing a bunch of bible verses, using "your own" misguided, "self-opinionated" interpretation, to attack the faith of other Christians, the Churches they worship in and their personal (daily) faith and salvation in Jesus Christ---especially Catholics.
Catholicism is NOT our God either! However your lies and deceit about the Catholic faith regarding what it teaches and believes is 99% of your "trash talking" ministry, that you desperately (hang on to) that keeps your bible only preaching from "sinking" further and further into oblivion--as you lose more and more credibility with "every post and comment" you make!! You do not speak for God NOR do you do what God wants---- and NEVER have---until you come to the TRUTH of TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ, who is the "ecumentical Savior of the world"!!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#458373 Jul 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
If a person repents and turns from sin are we to condemn them for repenting. On a forum such as this aren't we to take people at their word. I am certainly not God but when we sin aren't we called to repent?
For the record I never accepted Tony17 as a Christian teacher. Thanks, OldJG
Do you buy this serpent seed stuff ..I had never heard of it till I looked at that link.

Sounds like Dan Brown religion imo

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#458374 Jul 2, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
144,000? And I take it you are one of the 144,000, correct? LOL LOL You live in a fairy tale world. Quit the drugs and go to rehab.
Aren't they to be Messianic Jews in the tribulation?
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

#458375 Jul 2, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

LTM

Kingston, Canada

#458376 Jul 2, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well then there is no Asherah, No EL, Nor any Elohim. So that would mean there was no creation, and YOU do NOT even exist!
I really doubt you want to argue that you don't even exist do you?
God is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and Omega, there is no Queen of Heaven. The Bible does not speak of a Queen in Heaven.
It does however speak of the Messiah Savior of the world; it also speaks of the Holy Spirit, The Comforter, Elohim Adonai are masculine names of God . and they are plural ,
That does not mean there are 3 Gods there is one God ,it speak of the Trinity. which means "Lord God"
El Shaddai (&#1513;&#1463;&#1 473;&#1491;&#1463; &#1468;&#1497;) is the name by which God was known to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The name Shaddai is again used as a name of God later in the Book of Job. It means God Almighty ; Shaddai means destroyer.
In my bible class we studied the Hebrew names for God accordingly to His works , In great detail, Jehovah Jireh - God our Provider .
The Bible has no name for a Queen of Heaven and if it is in the Bible please give me the Scripture and the Hebrew name , so I know what I am looking for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Steve III 44,647
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 35 min Aura Mytha 48,211
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min MUQ2 281,233
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 48 min Brian_G 445,701
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 971,606
Incest 1 hr LetsRoleplayThen 5
topic sex forum gone? 1 hr LetsRoleplayThen 17
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Brian_G 618,560
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Annaleigh 105,560
More from around the web