Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
441,821 - 441,840 of 538,354 Comments Last updated 35 min ago

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Oxbow wrote:
110<quoted text>
Which does raise a question. From where came "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
LOL,LOL. Stop that. You're gonna confuse that poor woman even more than she already is,LOL. Now you know darn well she most likely don't know a thing about how giants came to be here on earth.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

In our endeavor to understand reality, we are somewhat like a man trying to understand the mechanism of a closed watch. He sees the face and the moving hands, even hears it ticking, but he has no way of opening the case. If he is ingenious he may form some picture of a mechanism which could be responsible for all the things he observes, but he may never be quite sure his picture is the only one which could explain his observations. He will never be able to compare his picture with the real mechanism, and he cannot even imagine the possibility of the meaning of such a comparison. But to really seek the truth, one cannot carve out a safe niche and hole up in it. One must blunder out there into the unknown, the mysterious.

Albert Einstein.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
June, you're needy.
But I still care for you.
Humans are born needy. It's another term for selfishness.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THE SUBJECT THAT YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO PROVE BY YOU GREAT INTELLIGENCE
HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION/REDEMPTION...
IT IS JUST A THEORY THAT DEMANDS ATTENTION WHEN ONE NEEDS A DETRACTION
FROM THE FACT THAT THEY ARE LIVING AN AMORAL LIFE STYLE..FEEDS THE EGO
BUT BRINGS NO KNOWLEDGE OF ANY SERIOUS CONSIDERATION SURFACE.
iN OTHER WORDS IT IT VAIN JINGLING
1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1Ti_1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
1Ti_6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
2Ti_2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
Tit_1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
Tit_3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
You're shouting, son.

Now go learn how to spell your on-screen name.

K?

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

<quoted text>
Your certainty that you are more precious to a god than are others might be amoral, and it definitely feeds your ego.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Since there seems to be some of you such as the poster named OLDJG that isn't aware that Satan has many names, SERPENT to be only one of them,I have taken the liberty to link to a list of the many names and titles of Satan so that the unlearned such as the poster named OLDJG can see that Satan has many names.

http://askville.amazon.com/Names-Satan-found-...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
THE SUBJECT THAT YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO PROVE BY YOU GREAT INTELLIGENCE
HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION/REDEMPTION...
IT IS JUST A THEORY THAT DEMANDS ATTENTION WHEN ONE NEEDS A DETRACTION
BUT BRINGS NO KNOWLEDGE OF ANY SERIOUS CONSIDERATION SURFACE.
iN OTHER WORDS IT IT VAIN JINGLING
1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1Ti_1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
1Ti_6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
2Ti_2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
Tit_1:10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
Tit_3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Yaaawwwnnn!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Humans are born needy. It's another term for selfishness.
Well, I never knew, June.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

If we could destroy custom at a blow and see the stars as a child sees them, we should need no other apocalypse.

G.K. CHESTERTON, "A Defence of Baby-Worship"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
Since there seems to be some of you such as the poster named OLDJG that isn't aware that Satan has many names, SERPENT to be only one of them,I have taken the liberty to link to a list of the many names and titles of Satan so that the unlearned such as the poster named OLDJG can see that Satan has many names.
http://askville.amazon.com/Names-Satan-found-...
You didn't take that lude, now, did ya?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems that by all the preachers ... "god" elected everybody ... at least on earth.
If heaven exists, I pray that I won't have to go there ... and the fact that you've driven an Atheist to pray ought to make you proud!
:)
You know what June. Atheists even have their own holiday. It's called APRIL FOOLS DAY. Why? Because we are told in scripture that the fool has said in his heart there is no God. So you atheists have been given your own holiday,LOL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yaaawwwnnn!
OK.

Maybe you did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You know what June. Atheists even have their own holiday. It's called APRIL FOOLS DAY. Why? Because we are told in scripture that the fool has said in his heart there is no God. So you atheists have been given your own holiday,LOL.
Or not.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

From the book “God’s Bullies,” by Perry Deanne Young comes the following

In the name of Jesus and God, they had perpetrated all kinds of little cruelties on others and had meanwhile fooled themselves into thinking they could do no wrong because they were always carrying out God’s will.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You know what June. Atheists even have their own holiday. It's called APRIL FOOLS DAY. Why? Because we are told in scripture that the fool has said in his heart there is no God. So you atheists have been given your own holiday,LOL.
But you right-fighting preachers that deem yourselves servants of gods are fools "every" day.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Thankfully it fell out of favor to preach that these people are evil offenders of a god.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Discover Magazine—January 2000

A Question of Gender

One of every 2000 babies is born a hermaphrodite or what is now called intersexual.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Consultation Room—Frederic Loomis M.D. 1939

For the first time I realized what it must mean to be a Jew in an anti-Semitic country. He told us of the underground tunnels and caves into which whole families retreated during the Christian holidays, where they literally cowered in terror while they heard the processions glorifying Christ. In vivid words he made us see the priest of the Holy church, as he had seen him in living fact, with the cross in one hand and a sword in the other.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Consultation Room—Frederic Loomis M.D. 1939

No longer are we swayed by the sentiments of the committee of bishops who waited upon Queen Victoria to protest her use of chloroform because it is written in the book of Genesis that “In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children.”

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
OK.
Maybe you did.
LOL,LOL. Now why you picking on l'il ol me?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You're shouting, son.
Now go learn how to spell your on-screen name.
K?
~~~
I don't remember addressing you with my post...

If my avatar worries you ...that is not my problem...

You call me son...How old are you...I am only 79 are you speaking of my

second child hood, or my first?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min ChristineM 226,028
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 5 min Falcon 714
women do love being raped fact (Jan '14) 7 min Jedi Daal 36
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min curiouslu 732,183
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min Epiphany2 599,699
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 21 min Rosa_Winkel 94,567
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min AussieBobby 259,624
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr onemale 173,223

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••