Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688733 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458205 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said to search the scriptures. Give me book, chapter and verse where Christ says the Books of the KJV are the scriptures we should be searching.
I have more scripture in my Bible. Did it occur to you, you're not 'Confrinting with the word' because you don't have all of the word to Confrint with?
The apocryphal books were nit even acknowledged by the Jews as,Holy Scripture

Other reasons
http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/apocryph.htm
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#458206 Jul 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "same old wolf" in sheeps clothing!!
There's a lot of that going around and around and around and around.

It's called religion.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#458207 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionists, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11And such were some of you:
but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Well, I guess that sort'a leaves the cathaholic church with the title of "toilet paper"(wiping up in the rear), with it latest venue of atrocities...and it's previous history doesn't it?
Clay

Garden City, MI

#458208 Jul 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "same old wolf" in sheeps clothing!!
Yup. the same old bigot in sheep's clothing. lol.

Well, I'm off to the 515 daily Mass at the Cathedral.(there are so many statues to worship, I can't decide which one) lol.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458209 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually GOD said thousands,shalt not EAT of it.
Adam threw in the NOT TOUCH..And thus when the serpent touched it and did not die..the door was open for Eve yo doubtlessly ADAM told her God said..
You got my curiosity....

Where are you finding info that God actually said: thousands,shalt not EAT of it.

Where are you finding info that the serpent touch the tree...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#458210 Jul 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am one who has to agree with you on that point.
And I see that you are still alive after testing the supposed god to kill you on the spot if it exists.

:)

Most devout believers are too frightened to put that thought out into the universe, as my guess is, they really don't want to die, just in case their "god" WILL change his mind and fry them in hell rather than the ones at which they keep pointing.

After all ... Jehovah ... the one and only god ... according to theology ... created good AND evil.

It keeps them on tenterHOOKS.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458211 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you argue the point of my post? Just because you believe your imagination is all powerful, doesn't mean you can manipulate a Jew into Catholicism by your own will.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
YEAH ... Well when you can prove that a Jew finds your Catholic religion and you irresistible ... you might have a credible pulpit on which to stand.
Until then, your preaching about your own value to a god is meaningless to me.
There is "nothing to argue, and nothing to debate"! The absolute authenticated TRUTH has, is and will CONTINUE to be as it has for over 2000 years) in the faith and salvation of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) True Apostolic Catholic Church..... Our Lord "confirms it" in Matthew 16:13-21 and TRUE Sacred Church History "re-affirms it" over and over again by the (overwhelming vast majority) of accredited Apologistic Historian authors and writers (both Catholic and Protestant)........ In the historical writings of the biographical lives of the Saints and in the Church Historical manuscripts of Apostolic Succession since the beginning of the Church, Jesus began HIS CHURCH by appointing St Peter (as the 1st Bishop)as HIS "earthly representative" to lead HIS CHURCH, until HE (Jesus)returns for the second time!!!...... You see June, it is all historically documented---with "nothing to argue about"!!!!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#458212 Jul 1, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
All scripture is given by inspiration of God
So the one god is "playing" Jews, Catholics, Muslims and Protestants for all they are worth ... HUH???

Silly people.

A perfect creator would not need or WANT worship. It would have it's own complete worth intact without your slobbery nonsense dripping on it at every turn of a biblical page.

"OH PLEASE LOVE ME GOD, OH PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give me my salvation and bliss for eternity. I am worthy ... HONEST I am ... blah, blah, blah........ It's those sinners over there who should burn in hell ... blah, blah, blah.........."

Nauseating stuff indeed.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#458213 Jul 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is "nothing to argue, and nothing to debate"!
You are on a forum ... not preaching in a church!

A Jew would not wipe away Christian guilt on a bet just because Christians believe that the Jew would be such a sucker.

My guess is Jews would tell you to live with your own guilt of your so-called holy institution of Catholicism murdering them as Christ-killers century after century.

You seem to think you can manipulate others to your cause, but it won't work on me.

What you preach is unbelievable.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458214 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Your quotes of Mary are from three little children. Mary didn't say it. Three little kids said Mary said it. And THAT'S what the Catholic Church teaches about Fatima, in case you're interested in truth. Mary is our spiritual Mother. If anyone is in need of a spiritual Mother, its you.
you do not understand enough about scripture to dive into Marian doctrine. Its best to stay away until you can learn more, otherwise you risk offending Our Lord Jesus Christ.
Tell me, does Heaven have a King? If so, who would be the Queen? You can't tell me there is a King with no Queen. lol
my daughter and I were discussing Mary and the differences in Prot..Cath belief.

I think if we are s o inclined to get in tt o her poo private married life we coukd ask.

Then thinking how great heaven w I'll be thinking

Ok a bunch of Cath and PROTESTANTS...decide to be POLITE they bypass Mary.

Go up to James of Jerusalem.
Or the other Brethren of Jesus

Say hey can you settle a question fir us...Is Mary your m o m..did she birth you..did she And Joseph have relation s.
Now James ..thinking hos rude this is and maybe under orders from His elders or God

James give them a stare and says.
Now wouldn't you people just live to know..But guess what.

You all spent so much time arguing this...it will never be answered and by the way leave mom alone.. Lol

NOW wouldn't you guys just love to know

Location hidden

#458215 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
OldJG? Are you going to answer me? Shouldn't it be that Tony was past tense a sodomite like we all believers were past sinners but now have been washed?
The tantamount thing...is should Tony even be concerned what you lowly subjugates think about him, or should he be concerned what his relationship with his God is?
You people(s) opinions have no say whatsoever in the matter of any personal relationship(be it a human or a deity)....with anything whatsoever.
I would never become an "inquisitor" when it is not (nor ever was) my place.
We see in "after the fact" how they are judged.
Perhaps more christers need to listen to the words of their Jesus...
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#458216 Jul 1, 2013
This was the REAL teaching of Christianity. And it continued after the founding fathers wrote the constitution.

The devout Christian, Thomas Jefferson who re-wrote the new testament ... owned slaves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

From the book … Black and Free … by Tom Skinner … comes the following.

The young Negro argued that while the white man would teach the Negro to love his neighbor, to love God, to have patience, to be humble, he would teach him only while he had his foot on the black man’s neck. He would preach to him about love while denying him the right to a decent job. He urged the Negro to obey God’s word while raping his women. He was telling him to love God and country although his home was burning, his family shot and his property destroyed.
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

#458217 Jul 1, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#458218 Jul 1, 2013
Wherever those in religion went ... brutality was sure to follow.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book … Black and Free … by Tom Skinner … comes the following……

It soon began to be argued by even the church that slavery was a divine institution ordained by God. Others quoted scripture, from the book of Genesis, of how Ham was cursed and how through Noah his children were all given a low position.“Why,” they said,“The word ham even means black.” They argued that all black people had been relegated by God to a condition of slavery, to serve the white man for the rest of his life. Therefore they reasoned,“God has ordained it to be so,” and as one individual wrote from Texas not long ago,“woe be unto any white man that seeks to raise a black man out of the condition that God has cursed him.” This became the philosophy; this became the way of life.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#458219 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
my daughter and I were discussing Mary and the differences in Prot..Cath belief.
I think if we are s o inclined to get in tt o her poo private married life we coukd ask.
Then thinking how great heaven w I'll be thinking
Ok a bunch of Cath and PROTESTANTS...decide to be POLITE they bypass Mary.
Go up to James of Jerusalem.
Or the other Brethren of Jesus
Say hey can you settle a question fir us...Is Mary your m o m..did she birth you..did she And Joseph have relation s.
Now James ..thinking hos rude this is and maybe under orders from His elders or God
James give them a stare and says.
Now wouldn't you people just live to know..But guess what.
You all spent so much time arguing this...it will never be answered and by the way leave mom alone.. Lol
NOW wouldn't you guys just love to know
Had Mary lived, she would have been faithful to Judaism NOT Christianity.

All this malarkey about sainthood is simply that ... Catholic malarkey!
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#458220 Jul 1, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps more christers need to listen to the words of their Jesus...
If Jesus lived, you want Christians to listen to the words of a faithful Jew??? WHY???

They are Christians ... NOT Jews.
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458221 Jul 1, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Hojo It does say ONE HOLY CATHOLIC AND APOSTLIC CHURCH..CATHOLIC MEANING UNVERSAL NOT CATHOLIC AS IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH OF TODAY. Your church began in 1054 taking the word Catholic and the Orthodox took the name Orthodox meaning RIGHT FAITH OR TRUE FAITH....the Orthodox and Catholic Church WERE ONE CHURCH 2000 YEARS AGO UNTIL THE BISHOP OF ROME WANTED TO CONTROL THE ENTIRE CHURCH...humble yourself to the truth man or at least stop bragging....
Hi Seraphima!!! Sorry that you can't seem to get TRUE CHURCH History correct)!!

ALL of the Early Church Fathers were, in fact Catholic.
The Early Church was, in fact, called BOTH "Orthodox" and "Catholic." St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostles, calls the Church by both these names as early as A.D. 107. The word “Orthodox” in Greek is “orthódoxos” meaning “right in religion“, or “straight teaching”; and the word “Catholic” is “katholikós” meaning “general” and/or “kathól(ou)” meaning “universally”. >>>>>
Also, the word “katholikos” literally means “the whole in every part.” It is commonly translated “universal.”
Here is what Ignatius says:
"You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church
without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is THE CATHOLIC CHURCH." (Ignasius "NEVER" referred to the Church as Orthodox! In the Apostles Creed was it referred to as (quote)"I believe in One HOLY CATHOLIC and Apostolic Church---NOT one Orthodox Church (Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans)
Ignatius’ point is that the TRUE Church (the CATHOLIC Church –the Church as it is known in all parts of the world) is found locally with the bishop, as opposed to Gnostic cults and other false sects which claimed to be the true Church. Ergo, here as early as A.D. 107, the Church was already known as “the Catholic Church.”...... It would have been known by the name (Catholic) while the Apostle John was still alive, since he died only about 7 years earlier than the time when Ignatius is writing, and NOT Orthodox!!!

Location hidden

#458222 Jul 1, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ..corrupt the bloodline of Adam .Cain kills Abel..
.then the Neohilim DNA......then after Noah..corrupt what sons he coukd ..then try to kill off the Jews six ways from Sunday...pharaohs..also the ones they f ought.
Tempt David...then down the road kill off or corrupt the descendants ..Jezebel definitely had Satan as,coach..
And yet David's line survived...hallelujah..
He did not like that curse in the Garden..
And unlike a lot if us he knows God keeps His word
Just imagine his surprise and anger when getting them to kill Christ was the very thing God wanted Don e!!!!!
Death died ..No more free rides ..Jesus blood..the perfect sacrifice opened heaven to the ones Satan hates the most..humans...
Hallelujah. We serve an awesome God.
If you take a good look at history, you will find that it was not Egypt(proper) that was interfering with the Judah's and Israelites. It was the other way around. The were considered "barbarians" by the Egyptians....because they WERE.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#458223 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are on a forum ... not preaching in a church!
A Jew would not wipe away Christian guilt on a bet just because Christians believe that the Jew would be such a sucker.
My guess is Jews would tell you to live with your own guilt of your so-called holy institution of Catholicism murdering them as Christ-killers century after century.
You seem to think you can manipulate others to your cause, but it won't work on me.
What you preach is unbelievable.
Unfortunately for you, June,---the unbelievable has, is and will continue to be TRUE!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#458224 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong #H1121 has man defines "sons" (as characterisation, i.e. sons of injustice [for un- righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
There are many theories about the Nephilim. Here are a few to consider.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/...
When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; Therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning.

To say that Scripture teaches "sons of God are demons" or "sons of God were demons"....violates the first guideline to study Scripture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 33 min Chalupa Batgirl 37,005
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Aura Mytha 988,483
672,000 gallons of oil spilled off Louisiana co... 44 min Erratic Mind 1
SEALS vs. "Green Berets"...who would win? (Jan '08) 2 hr RealityHurts 185
TRUMP OBAMA BUSH - Next Stage in a Big Con Game 3 hr Johnny 8
Does anyone else hate being around white women? 3 hr Doctor REALITY 31
The American Dream is DEAD DEAD DEAD. 7 hr Johnny 6
More from around the web