Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646700 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#458117 Jul 1, 2013
marge wrote:
OldJG? Are you going to answer me? Shouldn't it be that Tony was past tense a sodomite like we all believers were past sinners but now have been washed?
he has shown many times by his words that he still remains in that state. Proof that he has never been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and his posts that are so are removed from main stream Christianity indicates this failure to become a Born Again Christian.

look at his avatar that GIF spoke about. if he had been regenerated, then there would be no "blushing" about his thoughts. God would have removed them from his reprobate mind.

GIF and I both recognized this about him, WHY HAVENT YOU?

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#458118 Jul 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the GREATEST JOB ON THIS EARTH IS TO SERVE OUR ALMIGHTY GOD AS HIS MINISTERS.
So you believe that an almighty god ordained YOU to know truth, and those who disagree with your interpretation of the biblical words are led by the devil???

Hahahahahahahahaha

It doesn't GET any more ridiculous that THAT!

Location hidden

#458119 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose I open my Bible and interpret it myself and I disagree with your Interpretations. What are you, Jack and Preston going to do? Surround me and shove scripture verses down my throat?? lol
Which one of you guys are the authority on sacred scripture?
why don't you show us just where we might err on the Word of God.

it is very possible that one of us might not have the correct understanding of the verse and yet be correct in its meaning.

for instance these words.

"ye must be Born Again"

now one might think that this is only Singular,

while another might think that it refers to ALL of us.

yet both are right in its entirety.

nice try to divide, but you lose, not knowing the Word of God, and unlike you, I used a Scripture

Location hidden

#458120 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that an almighty god ordained YOU to know truth, and those who disagree with your interpretation of the biblical words are led by the devil???
Hahahahahahahahaha
It doesn't GET any more ridiculous that THAT!
hopefully, your mind will change and you will laugh at how ridiculous that your words are now.

certainly you will not laugh if you are being led into hell

Quesnel, Canada

#458121 Jul 1, 2013
When women were perceived as whores and liars, men raped them at will, and the men of the courts always set the rapists free with the claim that the women "asked for it, and simply got what they deserved."

Back then, as there was no need, most rapists didn't kill the women that they raped.

But now, men KNOW that if the women report them, they will be incarcerated ... so the men not only became serial rapists ... they became serial killers.

I remember a rapist allowing his victim to go free, after she promised she would not tell. That woman went on the television "bragging" about how she fooled him and how he ended up incarcerated ... and I thought about how thereafter ALL rapists that watched that program would be sure in future to not just rape the women ... but to be sure to kill them.

You can't win ... for losing!

Quesnel, Canada

#458122 Jul 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hopefully, your mind will change and you will laugh at how ridiculous that your words are now.
Your wish, based on your Christian indoctrination IS that I will burn in hell for not believing as you believe.

My wish for you is that all good things will come your way.

That scenario doesn't bode well for your religion ... does it???

Quesnel, Canada

#458123 Jul 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>hopefully, your mind will change and you will laugh at how ridiculous that your words are now.
Your stance IS ... "Even though I believe all other religions worship false gods ... I demand that MY god is REAL!"

How silly!

Location hidden

#458124 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, try posting stuff without lying about Catholicism. Your religion should be able stand on its own two feet. You shouldn't have to lie.
Second, before I use scripture to answer your questions about Marian doctrine, could you answer mine?
- Give me book, chapter and verse where Christ says everything about His Mother is detailed in Scripture.
- Give me book, chapter and verse where Christ tells us which Books are scripture. You say the KJV is the correct authentic Books? Fine, where does Christ say those Books need to be in the Bible and His Ministry is soley based on those Books.
You can't come close to answering those two questions so I'll just say: it takes amazing ignorance to subscribe to your new and strange brand of Christianity. Amazing ignorance and deception.
there is no reason for any of us to think that your two trick questions are sincere.

there is enough evidence in the NT from those who actually knew her, to discredit any words from those who lived hundreds of years after she died(and yes she died) for the Word says "it is appointed unto man once to die and after this the judgment".

frankly you as a rc are not interested in the Biblical truths about Mary, she lived, she gave birth to several children after the Birth of Her Savior, as well as Mine, she was filled with the Holy Ghost as well as the other siblings of Jesus on the Day of Pentecost, and then nothing else is ever Recorded about her, nor should it have been.

as a Christian, that tell me all that I care about, she knew that she needed a Savior, and accepted Him, like All of must do to enter into Heaven, and the Bible tells us that Heaven rejoices over the lost soul that is found, and All Christians rejoice that Mary was filled with the Holy Ghost, and so we leave her with our knowledge,

UNLESS YOU THINK THAT OLDJG, OXBOW, GIF AND MYSELF MIGHT NOT ACCEPT THAT EXPERIENCE THAT SHE HAD ON THAT VERY SPECIAL DAY.

BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY.LOL

HOPEFULLY YOU WILL SEE THROUGH MY WORDS HOW FOOLISH THAT YOU APPEAR TO US.

Quesnel, Canada

#458125 Jul 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a wild animal you rage against the one who is the custodian of your welfare.
You are the one who keeps raging that you must save the whole human race from hell.

When I have proof that a Jew is the custodian of my welfare, I will pay heed to that ominous all-powerful Jew.

Until then I will (except for my asthma) breath easy and sleep well in the idea that I am as whole as it gets.

Location hidden

#458126 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stance IS ... "Even though I believe all other religions worship false gods ... I demand that MY god is REAL!"
How silly!
THE REMAINS(SUCH AS THEY ARE) of budda are in sir lanka,

the remains of moebaconed are in Saudi Arabia.

The remains of Confucius are in china.

the founder of Sikhism and his remains are in Pakistan.

the remains of the Savior of the World are not in that Grave where he was entombed , unlike those men, He is God and is now sitting on the right hand of Hos Father.

Quesnel, Canada

#458127 Jul 1, 2013
So, according to theologians, a man that rapes and kills women will be instantly forgiven by Jesus if only that rapist killer believes in the existence and the forgiving power OF Jesus.

You just can't get a better deal than to be freed from guilt by a promise of a theologian. Sarcasm intended.

That imaginary Jew has been USED as a scapegoat by Christian bible thumpers for every crime under the sun!

Quesnel, Canada

#458128 Jul 1, 2013
It's no wonder so many Christians end up incarcerated for crimes.

They are certain that Jesus died for their sins and if they only believe in him, he will take care to save them for eternal bliss in an afterlife.

It's time that children were taught that they must try their best to treat others as they want to be treated, simply because it is the right way to live, and that the reward for doing so is to have a clear conscience.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458129 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, try posting stuff without lying about Catholicism. Your religion should be able stand on its own two feet. You shouldn't have to lie.
Second, before I use scripture to answer your questions about Marian doctrine, could you answer mine?
- Give me book, chapter and verse where Christ says everything about His Mother is detailed in Scripture.
- Give me book, chapter and verse where Christ tells us which Books are scripture. You say the KJV is the correct authentic Books? Fine, where does Christ say those Books need to be in the Bible and His Ministry is soley based on those Books.
You can't come close to answering those two questions so I'll just say: it takes amazing ignorance to subscribe to your new and strange brand of Christianity. Amazing ignorance and deception.
No problem.

Rev 22: 18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book

Rev 22: 19 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Hope that's clear enough for you. No apology needed. Just read the Bible for yourself and see.

Why would God omit in the Bible such important facts about Mary?

Why would God not tell us that Mary was sinless, unlike any other human except Jesus? Isn't that significant enough for God to mention - if true?

Of course it is, if true.
Clay

Union, NJ

#458130 Jul 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
THEW HOLY GHOST IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THE AUTHORITY INTERPRET THE SCRIPTURES TO EACH OF US...
WHILE THE WORD OF GOD CANNOT BE ALTERED..
.WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS OF THE WORD.... THAT FITS OUR INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL NEEDS...
JESUS SAID SO
HE SAID...
Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth;
the flesh profiteth nothing:
-->the words that I speak unto you,
they are spirit,
and they are life.
Jesus said to search the scriptures. Give me book, chapter and verse where Christ says the Books of the KJV are the scriptures we should be searching.
I have more scripture in my Bible. Did it occur to you, you're not 'Confrinting with the word' because you don't have all of the word to Confrint with?

Quesnel, Canada

#458131 Jul 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>THE REMAINS(SUCH AS THEY ARE) of budda are in sir lanka,
the remains of moebaconed are in Saudi Arabia.
The remains of Confucius are in china.
the founder of Sikhism and his remains are in Pakistan.
the remains of the Savior of the World are not in that Grave where he was entombed , unlike those men, He is God and is now sitting on the right hand of Hos Father.
I suggest you don't try to play nice NOW with those of other religions by claiming THEIR prophets were REAL.

You know full well that even Catholics and Protestants within the Christian religion didn't and don't agree on who the prophets stated was "god's" favorite worshippers.

Stop lying to your self ... or not ... it's your choice.

Quesnel, Canada

#458132 Jul 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there is no reason for any of us to think that your two trick questions are sincere.
No kidding???

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#458133 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow-up.

Exactly what did I write that you consider a lie about the RCC?

Here are my words. For convenience, here are my words. Exactly which do you say is a lie.

I will defend.

"Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary sinless? Where in the TRUE Gospel say that Mary ascended into Heaven in bodily form? The Romanist church just made up this stuff over the years. The last was in the 1950s I believe. Like God waited almost 2000 years to tell you Romanists that Mary flew up to Heaven in human form? Your Pope prays to Mary. Mary is now another savior. And the Gospels are rendered almost meaningless."

(Satan will never be direct. Satan relies on deceit and confusion.)

Quesnel, Canada

#458134 Jul 1, 2013
The prophet John the Baptist was at one time a Jew, until he jumped ahead hundreds of years into the new testament to baptize Jesus!

It seems that Jesus ritual as a baby into Judaism didn't STICK.

Such liars were and are the theologians.
Clay

Union, NJ

#458135 Jul 1, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>there is no reason for any of us to think that your two trick questions are sincere.
there is enough evidence in the NT from those who actually knew her, to discredit any words from those who lived hundreds of years after she died(and yes she died) for the Word says "it is appointed unto man once to die and after this the judgment".
frankly you as a rc are not interested in the Biblical truths about Mary, she lived, she gave birth to several children after the Birth of Her Savior, as well as Mine, she was filled with the Holy Ghost as well as the other siblings of Jesus on the Day of Pentecost, and then nothing else is ever Recorded about her, nor should it have been.
as a Christian, that tell me all that I care about, she knew that she needed a Savior, and accepted Him, like All of must do to enter into Heaven, and the Bible tells us that Heaven rejoices over the lost soul that is found, and All Christians rejoice that Mary was filled with the Holy Ghost, and so we leave her with our knowledge,
UNLESS YOU THINK THAT OLDJG, OXBOW, GIF AND MYSELF MIGHT NOT ACCEPT THAT EXPERIENCE THAT SHE HAD ON THAT VERY SPECIAL DAY.
BECAUSE WE DONT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY.LOL
HOPEFULLY YOU WILL SEE THROUGH MY WORDS HOW FOOLISH THAT YOU APPEAR TO US.
Scripture says Mary was the new ark of the covenant because she bore forth the word of God made flesh- Jesus the Christ. The first ark that bore the word of God was a chest that was so Holy, nobody would peer inside it. Tell me Prophet, if the first ark was that Holy, how Holy was the second?
There, I read the Bible and that's the concussion I came up with. You have no business going against my scripture interpretations because you're not an authority to correct me. You're just some guy with a highlighted Bible who says his grandpa talked with the Apostle Paul, and he said you're supposed to preach what the will of Christ is!
Clay

Union, NJ

#458136 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.
Rev 22: 18 - For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book
Rev 22: 19 - And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Hope that's clear enough for you. No apology needed. Just read the Bible for yourself and see.
Why would God omit in the Bible such important facts about Mary?
Why would God not tell us that Mary was sinless, unlike any other human except Jesus? Isn't that significant enough for God to mention - if true?
Of course it is, if true.
John was taking about the Prophecy of His Book. He didn't say anything about the other 26 (or 71 for that matter)
Could you be anymore scripturally ignorant?

Where does Christ say Revelation is one of the Books He wanted in the Bible?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Bongo 48,938
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 12 min WasteWater 2,081
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 59 min sno333 2
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,758
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 1 hr Hey U 5
Jesus and Muhammad were FRAUDS 2 hr Hey U 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr VIKING 971,730
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Bunz7893 44,699
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web