Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649768 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Minneapolis, MN

#458096 Jul 1, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SEPERATED IT SELF FROM GOD, AND THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.
You "fundies" just continue to "make it up" as you go along, which is no surprise to any of Catholics, especially to thousand and thousands of former Protestants, who converted to Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church......... Bible Only Protestants have become "experts" at distorting the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well as manipulating and twisting the TRUTH of TRUE authenticated, verifiable and proven Church History.
The overwhelming vast majority of Apologistic Church Historian writers and authors (both Catholic and Protestant) clearly documented where the "separation" from God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ came from........ The Protestant Reformation!!!! Plain and simple!! You speak of separation! You bible only self-interpreting "editorialists" have have a (monoploy) on contradiction (of interpretation of the entire bible) with inconsistency, and SEPARATION of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ with over 42,000 hodge-podge conflicting (separate denominations OF "RELATIVE TRUTH" (whatever each person thinks) beliefs, with your own self appointed popes!! The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, has,is and will ALWAYS (as it has for over 2000 years) be manifested, in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, in and through HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ).

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#458097 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I don't think for a moment that God will give me anything.
I have to work for it, work to be worthy.
It's not what I say, it's the way I live my life. Dogma, like consuming a magical little wafer once a week, is not going to benefit me.
I used to believe as you now believe.

But then I thought about why a creator of perfection would have not created perfection and left it at that ... no suffering necessary.

And that huge question ... why a creator would create non-human forms of life to suffer wouldn't let my mind rest.

As it made less sense to me, I could no longer stay under the spell of theological nonsense.

I either had to believe that a wretched all-knowing creator existed, or that there was and is no creator.

I chose the latter, and that is now my opinion.

Quesnel, Canada

#458098 Jul 1, 2013
I suggest that all of you keep in mind that I tested the idea of whether or not a creator exists.

I asked that the point be made to all of you by the supposed creator to kill me instantly to prove of its existence, and yet I am still alive.

If the creator wanted to make a point of its existence, it never had a better chance.

Of all the stupid things ... he supposedly sent his most beloved son to earth to suffer and be put to death in order to show humans the meaning of love.

And you bought it ... hook, line and "sinker" ... all for that one word ... SALVATION.

But you aren't the first suckers to fall for the lines of the cunning theologians.

NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Quesnel, Canada

#458099 Jul 1, 2013
Beware of words—they are dangerous things. They can change colour like the chameleon, and they return like a boomerang.

Sir William Osler

Quesnel, Canada

#458100 Jul 1, 2013
I am thankful that when I studied the bible, I never believed the words IN the bible, to in turn physically or emotionally brutalize homosexuals as evil offenders of a god.

I can rest in peace knowing that the theologians never had their way with me.

I never once used my religion to harm another, and considering that I was under the spell of religion until I was seventy years of age ... for that I believe I have a right to be proud.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#458101 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to believe as you now believe.
But then I thought about why a creator of perfection would have not created perfection and left it at that ... no suffering necessary.
And that huge question ... why a creator would create non-human forms of life to suffer wouldn't let my mind rest.
As it made less sense to me, I could no longer stay under the spell of theological nonsense.
I either had to believe that a wretched all-knowing creator existed, or that there was and is no creator.
I chose the latter, and that is now my opinion.
It seems you believe in a creator you have created. Interesting?

Someday when you are bored check your pulse. When you checked your pulse was it still there? Do you have to ask your heart to beat every beat of every day in order to extend your life?

Now check your chest. Does your chest go up and down as you take in oxygen? Do you ask your lungs to take in air and then extract air? Do you do this repeatedly to extend your life each minute of every day? If not, why not?

Why does your heart keep beating and your lungs keep working without you thinking about it?

Quesnel, Canada

#458102 Jul 1, 2013
If you don't pay heed to your conscience rather than your dogmatic religious nonsense, you will stay until you die where you are.

John Woolman of the Quakers was one of the first to start the anti-slavery movement.

And that all occurred because his conscience alerted him that signing the bill of sale for the slave he "owned" was wrong. He did not sign that paper, but rather set his slave free, and he went about sharing his idea with other Quakers who also set their slaves free.

You have a conscience, and you KNOW full well that you are nothing special.

If you keep on USING words in that bible to fill you with pride of salvation ... the onus is on YOU!!!

Only you can set your self free from the bondage of religion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#458103 Jul 1, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You "fundies" just continue to "make it up" as you go along, which is no surprise to any of Catholics, especially to thousand and thousands of former Protestants, who converted to Jesus Christ, in and through His One True Catholic Church......... Bible Only Protestants have become "experts" at distorting the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well as manipulating and twisting the TRUTH of TRUE authenticated, verifiable and proven Church History.
The overwhelming vast majority of Apologistic Church Historian writers and authors (both Catholic and Protestant) clearly documented where the "separation" from God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ came from........ The Protestant Reformation!!!! Plain and simple!! You speak of separation! You bible only self-interpreting "editorialists" have have a (monoploy) on contradiction (of interpretation of the entire bible) with inconsistency, and SEPARATION of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ with over 42,000 hodge-podge conflicting (separate denominations OF "RELATIVE TRUTH" (whatever each person thinks) beliefs, with your own self appointed popes!! The TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ, has,is and will ALWAYS (as it has for over 2000 years) be manifested, in Jesus Christ HIMSELF, in and through HIS One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church (the Bride of Christ).

Same old song that you have been singing for years...

One that you can sing in one day in tears..

Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

The Bible defines what is sin and what one must do to be Born again...I also tells us how to live after we have been saved...

You have your rituals calisthenics religious exercises... that you go through continually..

1Ti_4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

But you have spurned the instructions that tell you how to live a godly life by applying the word of God daily...

You live from one event of atonement (Your Eucharist ) to another..

but walking with Christ is something that you are grossly ignorant of.

___

Joh_12:35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you.

Walk while ye have the light,

lest darkness come upon you:

for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

2Co_6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?

for ye are the temple of the living God;

as God hath said,

I will dwell in them, and

walk in them; and I will be their God,

and they shall be my people.

Gal_5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit,

and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Eph_4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
Eph_5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Col_1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Col_2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

2Jn_1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Quesnel, Canada

#458104 Jul 1, 2013
I don't spend hours a day on a forum to receive anything from you. I don't want your money and there is no benefit for me to have you follow me.

I was held under the spell of religion, and so I understand it's powers to persuade. I'm giving you my experience and you can take it or leave it.

If you choose to let the theologians tell you what to think ... stay where you are ... if not ... leave where you are to think outside of the box of religion.

I'm not a better or worse person than I was when I was in religion. I'm simply a mortal human, selfish and trying my best to be a little less selfish. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I fail, but I am for the most part at peace within, and that from my perspective is the best for which I can hope.

Quesnel, Canada

#458105 Jul 1, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Same old song that you have been singing for years...
So you are CERTAIN that you were called by a Jew named Jesus to preach Protestantism as absolute truth?

That is QUITE a claim.

How PROUD you must be to claim such an HONOR for your SELF!

Quesnel, Canada

#458106 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you believe in a creator you have created.
NONSENSE!

I believe it's possible that the universe always existed, and had no beginning, and therefore no creator was necessary.

However, I don't know the answers, as all I have are opinions, and opinions, as you well know, don't have any value except to me and those who agree with me.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#458107 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are CERTAIN that you were called by a Jew named Jesus to preach Protestantism as absolute truth?
That is QUITE a claim.
the GREATEST JOB ON THIS EARTH IS TO SERVE OUR ALMIGHTY GOD AS HIS MINISTERS.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#458108 Jul 1, 2013
Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionists, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11And such were some of you:

but you are washed, but you are sanctified, but you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#458109 Jul 1, 2013
For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.

4But after that the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared,

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; …
marge

Leesburg, GA

#458110 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG? Are you going to answer me? Shouldn't it be that Tony was past tense a sodomite like we all believers were past sinners but now have been washed?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#458111 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
RoSesz said, quote, "They corrupted the DNA if the earth ..am sure Satan was,pleased." End quote.
Actually, many have said satan's goal was the corruption of the bloodline of David from which Jesus would be born. Satan is a tricky devil. He(satan)attempted to thwart Christianity before it began.
Exactly ..corrupt the bloodline of Adam .Cain kills Abel..
.then the Neohilim DNA......then after Noah..corrupt what sons he coukd ..then try to kill off the Jews six ways from Sunday...pharaohs..also the ones they f ought.

Tempt David...then down the road kill off or corrupt the descendants ..Jezebel definitely had Satan as,coach..

And yet David's line survived...hallelujah..

He did not like that curse in the Garden..

And unlike a lot if us he knows God keeps His word

Just imagine his surprise and anger when getting them to kill Christ was the very thing God wanted Don e!!!!!

Death died ..No more free rides ..Jesus blood..the perfect sacrifice opened heaven to the ones Satan hates the most..humans...

Hallelujah. We serve an awesome God.

#458112 Jul 1, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is QUITE a claim.
~~~

How proud you must be to exercise you puny rants against the one that gives you the breath you breath.

Like a wild animal you rage against the one who is the custodian of your welfare.

The Bible tells us that there will be those such as yourself...

Jud 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

(It also tells us what you can anticipate if you continue in you atheistic lifestyle...)

~~~~~~

Jud 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Jud 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

Jud 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Jud 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
Clay

Union, NJ

#458113 Jul 1, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughing stock is very appropriate for the Roman Catholic church. I must say "amen, amen and amen" to your assertions. Great job. Perhaps one of these lost souls will open their Bible to find the real Jesus and not the cracker.
Suppose I open my Bible and interpret it myself and I disagree with your Interpretations. What are you, Jack and Preston going to do? Surround me and shove scripture verses down my throat?? lol

Which one of you guys are the authority on sacred scripture?
Clay

Union, NJ

#458114 Jul 1, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Anything to avoid the questions.
No god ever appointed such a failure as the Roman Catholic Church.
Just a simple look at history proves that much.
TRUE Gospel?
Question: Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary the queen of Heaven?
Where in the TRUE Gospel is Mary sinless?
Where in the TRUE Gospel say that Mary ascended into Heaven in bodily form? The Romanist church just made up this stuff over the years. The last was in the 1950s I believe.
Like God waited almost 2000 years to tell you Romanists that Mary flew up to Heaven in human form?
Your Pope prays to Mary. Mary is now another savior. And the Gospels are rendered almost meaningless.
No wonder Romanism is such a failure after so many centuries.
True Gospel? Not when you keep making stuff up to take the focus off of God and put it on yourselves and your self-created gods and saints.
So how has that worked out for what was once the most powerful institution on the planet? Is the power and prestige growing, or is Romanism today a laughing stock?
First of all, try posting stuff without lying about Catholicism. Your religion should be able stand on its own two feet. You shouldn't have to lie.
Second, before I use scripture to answer your questions about Marian doctrine, could you answer mine?

- Give me book, chapter and verse where Christ says everything about His Mother is detailed in Scripture.
- Give me book, chapter and verse where Christ tells us which Books are scripture. You say the KJV is the correct authentic Books? Fine, where does Christ say those Books need to be in the Bible and His Ministry is soley based on those Books.

You can't come close to answering those two questions so I'll just say: it takes amazing ignorance to subscribe to your new and strange brand of Christianity. Amazing ignorance and deception.

#458115 Jul 1, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Suppose I open my Bible and interpret it myself and I disagree with your Interpretations. What are you, Jack and Preston going to do? Surround me and shove scripture verses down my throat?? lol
Which one of you guys are the authority on sacred scripture?
THEW HOLY GHOST IS THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THE AUTHORITY INTERPRET THE SCRIPTURES TO EACH OF US...

WHILE THE WORD OF GOD CANNOT BE ALTERED..

.WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS OF THE WORD.... THAT FITS OUR INDIVIDUAL PERSONAL NEEDS...

JESUS SAID SO

HE SAID...

Joh_5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth;

the flesh profiteth nothing:

-->the words that I speak unto you,

they are spirit,

and they are life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 55,910
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Steve III 427
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 1 hr Steve III 70
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 2 hr Johnny 39
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr Al Capone 2,292
Why Australians should fear Muslims? (Feb '15) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 45
TRUTH about illegal aliens (Aug '14) 2 hr Johnny 13
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Just Saying 972,381
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web