Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 653989 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#457894 Jun 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied, investigated and systematically researched ALL of TRUE CHURCH HISTORY (for over 2000 years) of the Popes, Saints, and the biographical dictionary from Early Church Fathers along with the TRUE biblical interpretation from 382, 393 and 397 from the Canon of Scriptures, by the Historian Apologistic writers!!!! THEY ALL DEBUNK and REFUTE the BS that you and your bible only "buffoons" continue to "throw out" on this forum. NONE OF YOU, have absolutely "no idea" as to what you are talking about when you refer to Church History--because it is ALL PROTESTANT REFORMATION "invented, made-up, and editorialized" church history that has been "re-written and distorted" in order to fit this "bible only mythology" religious beliefs of "relative truth", that has "no basis" WHAT-SO-EVER of any biblical or historical facts or truth to back it up! The only ABSOLUTE HISTORICAL AND BIBLICAL TRUTH that is authoritative, proven and factual, is in Matthew 16:13-21 (in the spoken and stated words) of Jesus Christ HIMSELF regarding the One (and only one) TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church that HE initiated and established---again (PROVEN and VERIFIABLE) for over 2000 years.......... Your "fictitious Protestant bible only church history books have more "holes in it" than the Titanic--which (went down like a rock)!!!
again another repeat post, you say you read all this stuff, but you never post this so called research you read about, how come??(TRUE (Universal-Catholic) Church that HE initiated and established---again (PROVEN and VERIFIABLE) for over 2000 years) 2000 yr. myth. tell me Jesus died when? and the church in Rome was created how long after? and why? lets see some of that research you've done.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457895 Jun 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text> God is our refuge and strength.
He certainly isn't your yours since you have denied Him in your search for the Truth.
the fool says in his heart, there is no God.
and you have always played the fool on this forum, by your ignorant words that have meant nothing when analyzed carefully
Preston

1 Cor 4:10

"We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ, we are weak, but ye are strong, ye are honorable, but we are despised."

If the memory of guilt is not exceeded by hope in Christ, then hope is dead. And what you say is true. Yet I still am a fool for Christ.

Do you offer no hope in Christ because you have no hope, except in that what you preach? In other words, consider that you should realize that it is hope that saves....You preach sola fidelis(always faithful), not sola fide, because you do not know that hope saves.

Psalm 42:11 "Why am I so discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again-My Savior and God!"

Stop preaching about being saved because of being always faith, and instead preach on faith and hope!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#457896 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Psalm 46:...,
"Come behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth. He maketh wars to cease( The internal ones within our souls, and the demons we face, as well.)....Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen. I will be exalted in the earth.
Preston. Take your time and read all of Psalm 46. It applies to everyone.
Is there not a law that says all born and baptized in or around Sunset are automatically Catholics???? I know there is in Bosco!!!!
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457897 Jun 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>salt is a preservative, as the Holy Ghost Preserves those who know Him.
the "honey" that you spread on here might taste good for awhile but when it gets to the belly, it will be bitter.
so your search might taste like honey but in the hell that you enter, it will be very bitter
Preston:

The Holy Spirit is Love, because God is Love....

Love is patient. Love is kind....it keeps no record of wrongs(evil)... it always hopes....(I Cor 13:4-7)

Why do you keep records of wrongs? Do you have Love, does Love have you?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#457898 Jun 30, 2013
Col 4:6
Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#457899 Jun 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Unconditionally!!!
So if the god loves you unconditionally, that means it will love you even if you don't believe it exists ... RIGHT???

Silly people.

Quesnel, Canada

#457900 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
Been there. Done that.
More like a Cheshire cat.
Around the block a few times.
Because now it rhymes.
I stop to smell the roses.
Walk on, and on like Holy Moses.
Today is enough for me
Tomorrow in the Promised Land I'll be.
Of course you will get to the promised land if YOU say so. And others will spend eternity in hell ... BECAUSE you believe it is so!

Arrogant fool!!!

Quesnel, Canada

#457901 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone tells you that Catholicism teaches that they go to heaven and everyone else goes to hell, they are mistaken.
So all the popes that stated that hell is real and hell is the fate of sinners, were lying, and yet YOU claim to be a REAL Catholic???

You are ridiculous!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Hell is a place where sinners really do burn in an everlasting fire, and not just a religious symbol designed to galvanize the faithful, the Pope said.

Addressing a parish gathering in a northern suburb of Rome, Pope Benedict XVI said that in the modern world many people, including some believers, had forgotten that if they failed to "admit blame and promise to sin no more," they risked "eternal damnation — the Inferno."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/03/28/pope-...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457902 Jun 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was "deceived" for over 35 years from bible only preachers like you with Protestant "relative--(half-truth) Christianity", who quote and misquote--interpret and then misinterpret bible verses to their own demise and destruction. Jesus Christs One True Apostolic Catholic Church. To begin with--(1) The use of sola scriptura (editorializing) "whatever each person believes" is the basis of each of the 42,000 inconsistent and contradicting Protestant denominations (2) Each one of these Protestant denominations, have proven over and over and over again, that they "cannot exist" without condemning, judging and attacking the TRUTH of the historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE APOSTOLIC CATHOLIC CHURCH. You Confrinting-and other bible only "relative truth" (so-called) preachers have proven this to be true time and time again.
WHY!!Because bible only Protestantism has no biblical or historical proof--to back up "anything that it believes---other than "personal, individual and separated "conflicting" interpretations of bible verses. Hypocrites, heretics, false preachers and pretense ministers--have "come and gone" for over 2000 years---YET--Jesus Christ, HIS TRUE GOSPEL and HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church----has, is and will CONTINUE to LIVE ON--just like Our Lord said it would in Matthew 16:18 "the gates of hell--shall not prevail against (His Church)!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Quesnel, Canada

#457903 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
And those that "bait" you into converting by telling you, You will go to hell if you don't." are mistaken.)
Why are you preaching about the benefits of heaven if all "souls" will go to heaven anyway???

You people cant tell a straight story ... and that is because religion is created out of lies.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#457904 Jun 30, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
There are so many distractions today that those that are true Born again Christians have to ignore the garbage that surrounds us to keep our mines centered on the things of God...
Is it not a wonder that there is such a falling away...
2Th_2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
JESUS SAID
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WE HAVE THIS PROMIS
Isa_26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
"And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations"

Why do the Romanists add so much garbage to the simple message?

Easy. antichrist.

Quesnel, Canada

#457905 Jun 30, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. At least you know that God is neither male or female.
At least you know God does not have a mother.
To KNOW is YOUR claim. People in religion are always bragging about what they know ... yet as is plain on this forum ... unless they belong to the same cult, they never agree.

Quesnel, Canada

#457906 Jun 30, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>would love to know what this great plan is that a mythical god has for us, since life has not really changed since the cave living days of man.
Humans do the planning and they tell the gods that live only in imaginations gets the rewards and who will be punished.

Religion is for simple-minded fools.

Quesnel, Canada

#457907 Jun 30, 2013
who

Orlando, FL

#457908 Jun 30, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Preach to your wife she is the one posting garbage, calling the church and abortion among other names and saying real Orthodox believe its the true church. Maybe if you weren't such a spinless insufferable sanctimonious idiot you could see that. All the Catholics want things cleaned up. Do you know there was only 1 credible allegation last year? The church has done alot, but cases from years ago will continue to be dredged. Nobody is justifying any of it, but when your wife and you attack the church and say its way worse now then and in the past you really need to get the log out of your eyes you sanctimonious self righteous hypocrites. I Stand by my my words that the sins of men are not the teachings of the church. You are truly insufferable with your doublespeak and selective bs. Canon 28 ROTFL and Canon 29 Hermetics are the faith. I have no desire to try to discuss anything rational with you as you have demonstrated you are a liar and deceiver many times. You are whiny little baby and you are no scholar of any kind and please quit pretending you have a clue about many things. I truly feel sorry for anyone that you may have counseled. Texas, NY whereever Orthodox are you have lots of problems. I dont recall any Catholic attacking the Orthodox church, but you and your wife seem to have a need to do so. The Protestants could care less about your church, but you sure get excited for someone who doesnt care what people on an anonymous forum say. You can preston can cry together as he needs me to be a woman so he can feel better about all the times he was put in his place. I dont have the desire nor time to argue the nonsense of complete baffoons like you. Many of the things you post Orthodox scholars and theologians know are rubbish. You choose your faith on your own terms so be it. You have plenty of Orthodox you can argue your rubbish with.
See the ROMANIST VALUES in the post above.

Read their words: "You are whiny little baby and you are no scholar of any kind."

Jesus or Satan?

No need to read the entire post. The answer can be seen in every line.

Reject Romanist hate and elitism. Glory be to Jesus.

Quesnel, Canada

#457909 Jun 30, 2013
Even people that DO belong to the same cults don't agree.

That is why there are approximately 38,000 denominations of Christianity.

Right-fighters break away to start new cults and in turn preach yet more nonsense about who are the only ones on the ever-so-righteous path.

Silly, silly people!

Orlando, FL

#457910 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
To KNOW is YOUR claim. People in religion are always bragging about what they know ... yet as is plain on this forum ... unless they belong to the same cult, they never agree.
I don't know. I hope with conviction.

Otherwise, I agree.

Quesnel, Canada

#457911 Jun 30, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<"You are whiny little baby and you are no scholar of any kind."
:)

More Christian LOVE.

Orlando, FL

#457912 Jun 30, 2013
jethro8 wrote:
<quoted text>your forgetting Catholics are pagan also, not just Christian.
Why offend pagans?

Quesnel, Canada

#457913 Jun 30, 2013
I watched a program about a woman coming in to emergency stating that she was "possessed."

The doctor on call had never heard anyone make such a claim before.

Suddenly she had a seizure and ultimately x-rays showed that she had worms infesting her brain.

She was treated with medicine and her symptoms disappeared.

My guess is, had she fallen into the hands of supposed religious exorcists, she probably would have died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Dr Banonator 63,957
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min onemale 281,866
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Gabriel 973,786
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 14 min punkaman 26
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 33 min andet1987 2,580
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 39 min James Doawen 106,501
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,738
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 19 hr teqy2000 79
More from around the web