Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654342 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#457854 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Lol....
So this is what you are stating about me:
If I am a liar, and I say I am lying, then I ask you, am I telling the truth?
Gotcha! You are arguing from a fallacy, and from an overgeneralized fallacy.
You have a very difficult time in considering yourself to be wrong or mistaken, don't you? I ask because you project that way of thinking in your words on this thread....(i.e. You treat others, the way you treat yourself.)
Take a step back maybe, and reconsider your opinions as not being chiseled in stone tablets, by your finger.(smile)
He's generally not wrong it what he says, just needs some 'salt'.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#457855 Jun 30, 2013
Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness,.... Not by putting any into them, but by leaving them to the pollution of their nature; by withdrawing his providential restraints from them, and by giving them up to judicial hardness:

through the lusts of their own hearts. The heart of man is the source of all wickedness; the lusts that dwell there are many, and these tend to uncleanness of one sort or another: by it here is meant particularly bodily uncleanness, since it is said they were given up

to dishonour their own bodies between themselves; either alone, or with others; so that as they changed the glory of God, and dishonoured him, he left them to dishonour themselves by doing these things which were reproachful and scandalous to human nature.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457856 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as your Catholic belief that YOU will go to heaven while others go to hell.
That is about the absolute height of self-justification!
Grasp all the yummy flavors of holiness to you and toss the evil at others.
Your religion is quite the DEAL.
June:

You assume to much, or to little of my beliefs.

An interesting dilemma I am in, in today's Gospel reading in Luke 9:54,55, "When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "Lord do you want us to call down fire from heaven to destroy them?" But Jesus turned and rebuked them...."

The lesson. If anyone tells you that Catholicism teaches that they go to heaven and everyone else goes to hell, they are mistaken.(Maybe you should re-consider your own belief. And those that "bait" you into converting by telling you, You will go to hell if you don't." are mistaken.)

Dilemma solved. I taught you how to answer.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#457857 Jun 30, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Greece in revolt as scandals sweep the Orthodhttp://www.guardian.co.u k/world/2005/mar/20/greeceox church
Greek Orthodox abbot goes to jail before trial over land scandal
Corruption and Scandals
in the Greek Orthodox Churches
http://triceratops.brynmawr.edu/dspace/bitstr...
Yeah that game can be played all day long. Does it make you feel better?
Corruption, taped conversations of homosexual lovers, money scandals, land scandals galore in the Orthdox church. The sins of men are not the teachings. All you have done is shown your dark hatred and hypocrisy again with the log in your eye. You nor your husband are capapble of being truthful and no you are not the official spokesmen for the Orthodox faith. You are both clearly ignorant, but Herme is a scholar in Neverland. lol
Have a nice day wallowing in your mud.
BIG DIFFERENCE. I WONT DEFEND, MINIMIZE, RATIONALIZE,SPIN,ACCUSE MEDIA, OR POINT FINGERS ELSEWHERE AS YOU AND OTHERS DO. I ALSO DO NOT CLAIM TO BE THE TRUE CHURCH ABOVE ALLOTHERS WHICH ARE THEN NOT REAL CHURCHES.INSTEAD I SAY CLEAN UP. PINISH THE GUILTY.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#457858 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Hermi:
I stand guilty as charged. I have used them all in my life. So I ask forgiveness if I have offended you or anyone else.
I thinks its when we step back, catch our breath, and take a second look, that we can get some perspective on our own defensive mechanism....
It would seem also to me, that such mechanisms operate on a mass scale as well.
Me too. Defense Mechanisms are absolutely necessary to survival. it is when they are used in the harm of self and others that they are dysfunctional. So I say pour the ouzo, break the glass, and dance!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457859 Jun 30, 2013
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ltm, I was over at cnn on a thread about gay marriage telling them how God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another and they silenced that free speech by taking down the thread.
They think the matter is settled and don't want to hear it, they exchanged the truth for a lie.
~~~~

THEY ARE NO WORSE THAN A RELIGIOUS SYSTEM THAT WILL TURN GOD'S TRUTH INTO A LIE...

FACT IS THEY SPAWNED SUCH AS YOU ARE POSTING ABOUT.

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

GOD SAYS THEY SPAWNED..BROUGHT IT UPON THE EARTH READ ABOUT IT...

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

GOD DOES NOT CATEGORIZE SIN as the Roman Catholic Church does...

SIN IS THE REJECTION OF JESUS CHRIST AS ONE;S PERSONAL SAVIOR

THESE SINS... are the result of THAT REJECTION...

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#457860 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Lol....
So this is what you are stating about me:
If I am a liar, and I say I am lying, then I ask you, am I telling the truth?
Gotcha! You are arguing from a fallacy, and from an overgeneralized fallacy.
You have a very difficult time in considering yourself to be wrong or mistaken, don't you? I ask because you project that way of thinking in your words on this thread....(i.e. You treat others, the way you treat yourself.)
Take a step back maybe, and reconsider your opinions as not being chiseled in stone tablets, by your finger.(smile)
TRY HARDER, Robert f. you words like always make absolutely no sense. so dont roil yourself.

you admitted to june that you are an atheist as well as attaching yourself into other cults.

you said it NOT ME.

and of course I treat others as I treat myself, If I try and lead a Christian life, I surely expect others who profess to be a Christian not to join them selves with the devils cults.

AS YOU PROFESSED THAT YOU HAVE.

YOU AND I BOTH KNOW THAT I HAVE WITHSTOOD YOU FROM THE VERY BEGINNING OF THIS FORUM WHEN YOU CAME ON. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

you might be thought of as a nice guy, but to me, you are very slippery and not to be believed, however others don't have the discernment that I possess so they can be easily fooled by the devil(YOU)

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457861 Jun 30, 2013
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Greece in revolt as scandals sweep the Orthodhttp://www.guardian.co.u k/world/2005/mar/20/greeceox church
Greek Orthodox abbot goes to jail before trial over land scandal
Corruption and Scandals
in the Greek Orthodox Churches
http://triceratops.brynmawr.edu/dspace/bitstr...
Yeah that game can be played all day long. Does it make you feel better?
Corruption, taped conversations of homosexual lovers, money scandals, land scandals galore in the Orthdox church. The sins of men are not the teachings. All you have done is shown your dark hatred and hypocrisy again with the log in your eye. You nor your husband are capapble of being truthful and no you are not the official spokesmen for the Orthodox faith. You are both clearly ignorant, but Herme is a scholar in Neverland. lol
Have a nice day wallowing in your mud.
You post this thinking that it will offend me?? LOL.. NOT....the corruption in ANY church is discusting. But the corruption in the greek church in Greece DOES NOT COMPARE TO THE CORRUPTION OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE...Did you just come from church? I bet you took the the body and blood of Christ and then ran home so you could insult my husband calling him the scholar of Neverland.The only ignorant one is YOU.Posting about the orthodox church is not a problem for me at all but you back everything up with your snake tongue. My advice to you would be to stop going to church because your learning nothing and your insulting the devout Catholic's here with stupidity.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457862 Jun 30, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
THIS IS A fORUM THAT IS OPEN FOR ALL PEOPLE TO POST. WHAT I POSTED ABOUT ROBERT CAME FROM ROBERT.
no one and I mean no one, can tell another poster not to REPOST posts that other people have said that proves that they are not worthy to be called a Christian.
when I told her to shut, there are Biblical verses that indicate that I am right.
God doesn't want the minions of the devil to speak not acknowledge Jesus as the Christ.
if you as a catholic(marge too) knew the bible, you would have known why I told her to shut up.
no one tells the man of God to shut up when he is reproving satans minions. and this is our example.
we don't need to keep silent when the minions of satan speak. in this instance it was marge trying to silence me because I was reproving Robert and his satanic cults.
New International Version (©2011)
"Be quiet!" Jesus said sternly. "Come out of him!" Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him.
Preston:

Psalm 46:...,

"Come behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth. He maketh wars to cease( The internal ones within our souls, and the demons we face, as well.)....Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen. I will be exalted in the earth.

Preston. Take your time and read all of Psalm 46. It applies to everyone.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#457863 Jun 30, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you mean the Jack Chick school of "theological heretics"?
and that--my friend--is the TRUTH!!
Many hear the Gospel. Some truly repent. Some just play religion.

#457864 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
June:
You assume to much, or to little of my beliefs.
An interesting dilemma I am in, in today's Gospel reading in Luke 9:54,55, "When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, "Lord do you want us to call down fire from heaven to destroy them?" But Jesus turned and rebuked them...."
The lesson. If anyone tells you that Catholicism teaches that they go to heaven and everyone else goes to hell, they are mistaken.(Maybe you should re-consider your own belief. And those that "bait" you into converting by telling you, You will go to hell if you don't." are mistaken.)
Dilemma solved. I taught you how to answer.
WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN SOUND'S REAL GOOD TO THE UNREPENTANT SINNER

BUT THERE IS TO SIDES OF THE SPECTRUM...

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God:

on them which fell, severity;

but toward thee, goodness,

if thou continue in his goodness:

otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457865 Jun 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say "Charlston"?--- I meant Lake Charles.
I expect you are not far from that at all.
Black Thunder 42

Lake Charles is about 45 minute's drive from me, to my southwest....Not far at all....When are you going?

Orlando, FL

#457866 Jun 30, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
after READING THIS < I KNOW NOW WHY SO MANY PRIEST WHO LEAVE THE PRIESTHOOD ARE IN TORMENT..
MY HEART HURTS FOR THEM; BECAUSE TRUTHFULLY I BELIEVE EVERY ONE OF THEM TRULY WANTED NOTHING MORE THEN TO SERVE GOD; WITH ALL THEIR HEARTS.
WHAT DO THE BIBLE SAY??/ THE DEVIL GOES BACK AND FORTH THROUGH OUT THE WORLD TO KILL, STEAL, AND DESTROY.
NOW WE KNOW HOW HE IS DOING IT; WITH THE HELP OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Truly you are blessed. Every day God reveals more to enlighten us about the Romanists.

Just yesterday, a new scandal. It is interesting to see how Satan runs a bank. It is tragic to see how the sheep look away. I pray for them.

Location hidden

#457867 Jun 30, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>You post this thinking that it will offend me?? LOL.. NOT....the corruption in ANY church is discusting. But the corruption in the greek church in Greece DOES NOT COMPARE TO THE CORRUPTION OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE...Did you just come from church? I bet you took the the body and blood of Christ and then ran home so you could insult my husband calling him the scholar of Neverland.The only ignorant one is YOU.Posting about the orthodox church is not a problem for me at all but you back everything up with your snake tongue. My advice to you would be to stop going to church because your learning nothing and your insulting the devout Catholic's here with stupidity.
the only person that goes to her church is her, no one else is good enough.

Orlando, FL

#457868 Jun 30, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mind. The goddess loves everybody, including me. It's just the god that is promiscuous as hell. First he loves only the Jews. Then he abandons them for the Catholics. Then he gives the Muslims their full share of attention ... and later on, the Protestants get all his love.
That one god is quite the chameleon. He just does whatever he's told.
Has he told YOU lately that he LOVES you???
He tried it with me, but I told his promiscuous invisible self to fly off!
:)
No problem. At least you know that God is neither male or female.

At least you know God does not have a mother.

Location hidden

#457869 Jun 30, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Preston:
Psalm 46:...,
"Come behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth. He maketh wars to cease( The internal ones within our souls, and the demons we face, as well.)....Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen. I will be exalted in the earth.
Preston. Take your time and read all of Psalm 46. It applies to everyone.
God is our refuge and strength.

He certainly isn't your yours since you have denied Him in your search for the Truth.

the fool says in his heart, there is no God.

and you have always played the fool on this forum, by your ignorant words that have meant nothing when analyzed carefully
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457870 Jun 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know for sure.
I think if we taught our folks proper discourse and understanding in the first place, we would not be in the fix we are now.
The Abrahamic religions and Romans are the main agents for the destruction of that premise of peaceful common practice.
Black Thunder 42:

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose...." Ecclesiastes 3:1-9

No one to blame. Its just part of the seasons....

We are just in a time that is connected to the past but lost in the present. It seems like it is late winter/early spring, when the seed has been planted, but before it has sprouted. Everyone is looking for the sprouts to appear outside, when they need to look inside instead.

#457871 Jun 30, 2013
Jack Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly you are blessed. Every day God reveals more to enlighten us about the Romanists.
Just yesterday, a new scandal. It is interesting to see how Satan runs a bank. It is tragic to see how the sheep look away. I pray for them.
~~~

There are so many distractions today that those that are true Born again Christians have to ignore the garbage that surrounds us to keep our mines centered on the things of God...

Is it not a wonder that there is such a falling away...

2Th_2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

JESUS SAID
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WE HAVE THIS PROMIS

Isa_26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457872 Jun 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So long as one recognizes that, then they can interact with dignity and understanding to a greater degree. I rarely answer a posit without inspecting it fully and as fairly as possible...I do miss once in a while.
Black Thunder 42:

It all goes along with what you give, is what you get back(and sometimes it is multiplied).

If one answers complacently, that's what they get back. Kind of a self-soothing narcotic.

Some people like to answer with an "up in your face" attitude. And they get it back in return....

#457873 Jun 30, 2013
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

THE SCRIPTURE ABOVE IS NOT ALLUDING/REFERENCING

THE KINGDOM OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..

THEY TEACH THAT HEY ARE THE ONLY NATION GOING TO HEAVEN..

THE TRUE KINGDOM OF GOD ,,,is in the herts of believers that are born again

Jesus said

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Dr Banonator 64,440
Encourage Teenage Girls To Have Sex (Oct '11) 10 min Horny jack 26 male 29
girls, when is the first time u saw a penis (Feb '14) 13 min Horny jack 26 male 14
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 22 min Annaleigh 106,593
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min HipGnosis 183,208
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 47 min hindu shiv 8,499
Poll Who's responsible for 9-11? (Nov '10) 55 min Maximillien Robes... 97
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 58 min The Hangman 973,918
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Brian_G 281,947
More from around the web