Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646943 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457691 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
"MY filthy friends"?
Who?
You have absolutely no clue just who you are even talking to my dear. I may be your representative in congress or even your president's advisor...or your local judge.
Now...please elaborate on who you espouse my "friends" are. little girl.
Let us see of your bullshit is equal to any kind of truth and actuality...
Carry on...
She's talking about your friends Frick and Frack. Myself and Hermi...LOLOL...

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457692 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have plenty of kids and grandkids you liar.
Th eonly truth you have here us that I am 63...the rest is pur fantasy.
Anther one that likes the personal attack version of life.LOL
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457693 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, I didn't practice that certain caution. Now I know better. There's only one reason for any non-Catholic to be on this thread...and it has nothing to do with sharing. They have an agenda, a goal that they will accomplish no matter how they have to do it. They have no boundaries and will say anything. God help the person who objects.
Over the years I've seen Catholics literally run off this thread by these vicious animals. They lied about them, took their words out of context, hounded them mercilessly. They want free reign and when they don't get it they make the worst sinner look like a saint in comparison. You can't tell me about this bunch, I've seen too much here. Maybe it is tamer, but only just. I fear there are a lot of Napoleon complexes at work here, lol. You can always tell.
ReginaM

I don't think many persons, when they first get on a thread like this, expect to get caught up in some kind of heated argument. I know, one is likely to get impassioned in their own view. We all do. When this happens, I know something is going wrong in my own head, and catch myself.

I see a lot impassioned agendas, based on a sort of world-view that needs to self-justify. That's how most people believe, and reinforce their beliefs. It is just exposed, kind of like a raw nerve here, because one's personal thoughts are exposed, and no-one really likes being directly told they are wrong.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#457694 Jun 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So after you joined the SBC the preacher told you you were no longer an expert liar, multiple adulterer and abuser....he must be quite the salesman.
He said no such thing...I knew then as I know now, I am an ex expert liar...never an adulterer due to any marital status...never an abuser...

Now...tell me you never lied....ever...

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#457695 Jun 29, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
I see a lot impassioned agendas, based on a sort of world-view that needs to self-justify.
Such as your Catholic belief that YOU will go to heaven while others go to hell.

That is about the absolute height of self-justification!

Grasp all the yummy flavors of holiness to you and toss the evil at others.

Your religion is quite the DEAL.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457696 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I always go back to your Catholic belief of how you will be saved and others will go to hell.
I don't respect your belief, nor do I respect your slovenly laziness of staying in such a belief.
So I hope you have that straight in your own mind. I am NOT in any way, shape or form on YOUR SIDE!
I don't pretend to respect beliefs that I don't respect.
June:

Lol....Believe me, I don't assume you respect my beliefs.

I was just being jovial in an awkward "truce".

Your belief, in what I believe..., its awkward for me. And having tried to explain many times that I don't believe "others" go to hell, is just a bit difficult for me to explain.

More or less, we accept what is, and move ahead. Some people want to remain where they are at. For me, I have hope in better things to come. Rather than an irrational, mesmerized, and delusional promise, which has been propagandized by others.

You can stay where you are at if you want to....
Economist

Buffalo, NY

#457697 Jun 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>yes, I told marge to shut up. I am an elder of over 30 years in the ministry and I expect her to obey the Word of God.
if she like Robert I don't care but Robert is not one who she should be listening to, even tho I expect that a person like you would.
and what I see from you in your interaction with the orthodox now, is what I saw in your interaction with John a few yeas ago.
"hell hath no fury as a woman(RCC) scorned".
After 30 years of living off the donations of poor deluded folks you ought to be more ashamed than boastful.

Either you are ignorant and believe your trash talk or you are a religious con man.

Neither is anything to admit to when in the company of people who live in reality.

Location hidden

#457698 Jun 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You typing a bunch of crap with no citations is no different than a chimpanzee rolling around in finger paint and calling it art.
They now have computers with search engines that will locate any site that displays any part or all of what they are searching for...

If you must know this site info...get one of these more modern computers....and do your own searching...if it is that important for you to know....

I just did....Here is more of the same...

Remember when the pope came to the United States? How he chided us for not showing mercy? That we should give away what we have to the poor? We are such a wealthy nation. And then remember the great earthquake that took place in 1980 over in Italy? I remember when the pope came in to this ruined area, walked up to the bedside of some poor little wounded Italian man and the pope so benevolently laid his hand on his head and made the sign of the cross, blessed the man and walked off.

And the newscasters were telling of the devastation. And then we cut back to the United States and Senator Kennedy looked at the camera with sorrowful eyes and said, "Oh, we Americans, out of mercy we should send at least 45 million dollars to this devastated village so we can reconstruct it." Remember that? Now let me read something out of THE VATICAN BILLIONS by Avro Manhattan, and I think you're going to get as mad as I am right now. I want to bring to your attention the fact that this information was published 10 years ago, and the figures are probably even more startling today.

"The Vatican has large investments with the Rothschilds of Britain, France and America, with the Hambros Bank, with the Credit Suisse in London and Zurich. In the United States it has large investments with the Morgan Bank, the Chase-Manhattan Bank, the First National Bank of New York, the Bankers Trust Company, and others. The Vatican has billions of shares in the most powerful international corporations such as Gulf Oil, Shell, General Motors, Bethlehem Steel, General Electric, International Business Machines, T.W.A., etc. At a conservative estimate, these amount to more than 500 million dollars in the U.S.A. alone.

"In a statement published in connection with a bond prospectus, the Boston archdiocese listed its assets at Six Hundred and Thirty-five Million ($635,891,004), which is 9.9 times its liabilities. This leaves a net worth of Five Hundred and Seventy-one million dollars ($571,704,953). It is not difficult to discover the truly astonishing wealth of the church, once we add the riches of the twenty-eight archdioceses and 122 dioceses of the U.S.A., some of which are even wealthier than that of Boston.

"Some idea of the real estate and other forms of wealth controlled by the Catholic church may be gathered by the remark of a member of the New York Catholic Conference, namely 'that his church probably ranks second only to the United States Government in total annual purchase.' Another statement, made by a nationally syndicated Catholic priest, perhaps is even more telling.'The Catholic church,' he said,'must be the biggest corporation in the United States. We have a branch office in every neighborhood. Our assets and real estate holdings must exceed those of Standard Oil, A.T.&T., and U.S. Steel combined. And our roster of dues-paying members must be second only to the tax rolls of the United States Government.'

"The Catholic church, once all her assets have been put together, is the most formidable stockbroker in the world. The Vatican, independently of each successive pope, has been increasingly orientated towards the U.S. The Wall Street Journal said that the Vatican's financial deals in the U.S. alone were so big that very often it sold or bought gold in lots of a million or more dollars at one time.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457699 Jun 29, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42" The point being that "Mark" had to be written by someone long after Jesus, or far removed from the area, who knew little or nothing about the time or area, and still at a later time than the currency of Jesus.
Nazareth did not even exist at the current time of Jesus. Proven by archaeology and roman maps and records.
Nazareth did not even exist until 70 and most likely it was 100 or after.
Burbank...You should be well educated then...at least it would appear you have been afforded the opportunity.

Jesus OF NAZARETH. Archaeology is turning up many places today that were once thought non-existing.

KM

Location hidden

#457700 Jun 29, 2013
Continued////

"The Vatican's treasure of solid gold has been estimated by the United Nations World Magazine to amount to several billion dollars. A large bulk of this is stored in gold ingots with the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank, while banks in England and Switzerland hold the rest. But this is just a small portion of the wealth of the Vatican, which in the U.S. alone, is greater than that of the five wealthiest giant corporations of the country. When to that is added all the real estate, property, stocks and shares abroad, then the staggering accumulation of the wealth of the Catholic church becomes so formidable as to defy any rational assessment.

"The Catholic church is the biggest financial power, wealth accumulator and property owner in existence. She is a greater possessor of material riches than any other single institution, corporation, bank, giant trust, government or state of the whole globe. The pope, as the visible ruler of this immense amassment of wealth, is consequently the richest individual of the twentieth century. No one can realistically assess how much he is worth in terms of billions of dollars."

And I think back about how the pope, the wealthiest man on this planet, walked up to that poor little Italian man lying in that rubble, put his hand on his head, and said, "Bless you," and then walked away and just left him there. That has got to be the height of hypocrisy. And then Sen. Kennedy, the pope's boy over in the United States makes the big pitch to the U.S. people to foot the bill to repair that devastated village, right in the pope's backyard. What a set-up!

Location hidden

#457701 Jun 29, 2013
Anthony....

Logic says, if what you say is true, that the actual blood of Christ is not in that chalice.....then neither is His body in the host...

Which do bring up this question: When the priest is in the process of giving you the host, and says "Body of Christ"...is he lying to you????
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#457702 Jun 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Marge objected to my using TWO posts about Robert being a atheist.
so she said "stop it". And I told her I would post as I felt and when I felt. this is a forum and no one has the right to keep informative info quiet.
You said:

Post #456731

"shut up! you dont tell me what to post and when, If you dotn like it, crawl back in the sewer that you came out of. atheists don't give Gods People any words. you are stupid to even think so."

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/catholic/...

That's quite a bit different than what you're misleading people into believing you said. Someone agreed with you but I guess they need glasses or else they're just agreeing with you because of me. Not a very good reason to back someone up in their abuse. But, apparently, they don't have a problem with that. It all depends on who's being abused. Marge didn't deserve that, no one does. You're teaching your students well, Preston.

Location hidden

#457703 Jun 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know a single Catholic who has never received the blood of Christ.
The Mass as Memorial and Sacred Banquet:

While the Mass is more than a memorial, it is still a memorial as well as a sacrifice. The Mass is the Church's way of fulfilling Christ's command, at the Last Supper, to "Do this in remembrance of Me." As a memorial of the Last Supper, the Mass is also a sacred banquet, in which the faithful participate both through their presence and their role in the liturgy and through the reception of Holy Communion, the Body and Blood of Christ.

See: the Body and Blood of Christ.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457704 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> The point being that "Mark" had to be written by someone long after Jesus, or far removed from the area, who knew little or nothing about the time or area, and still at a later time than the currency of Jesus.
Nazareth did not even exist at the current time of Jesus. Proven by archaeology and roman maps and records.
Nazareth did not even exist until 70 and most likely it was 100 or after.
Burbank...You should be well educated then...at least it would appear you have been afforded the opportunity.
Black Thunder 42

Not quite true....

Google up, "House uncovered in Nazareth CNN World"

The evidence is plain, it is whether you want to believe what you see, or have a fixed view on the subject.

Lol I was poorly indoctrinated, and spent my energies investigating what I was interested in. My teachers didn't like that. They had a liberal agenda to which they allowed little deviation, and if you deviated, and questioned them, well, they didn't like that either Most of my teachers gave up on me, so I studied a lot.

My studies paid off latter, when I went to college, and scored very high on entrance exams. I was glad I didn't pay much attention, or believe my Burbank teachers....Lol. There were a few exceptions of course....

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457705 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
BLACK THUNDER 63 IS AN UNMARRIED LONELY BITCH WHO HAS NO GRANDKIDS OR KIDS AND HAS NEVER IN LOVE!!!!!
HE IS 63 YEARS OLD GOING ON 64!
Your jealousy is preceding your presence Lunger.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457706 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I will fire up the scooter and make a trip down to Charleston. I have had a hankering for "Landry's", and some real creole. We could discuss your possibilities of heaven...or just have a grand ole' time reveling in the dinner and drink as friends. I will be more than glad to take the check for the experience of both...it would be an honour.
Black Thunder 42:

Thanks for the invitation. I don't get out much.

But I am a bit farther south than Charleston. Quite a bit. I live in a "no-man's land", the boondocks, in south-western Louisiana. We do eat a lot of Cajun food!(smiles) It is Cajun country down here....

Location hidden

#457707 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42 has no grandkids, or kids, and he is not married. He's 63.
How is it that you found me on this thread Lunger?
Are you in "stalking mode again?
When did they release you from the asylum?

Location hidden

#457708 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
BLACK THUNDER 63 IS AN UNMARRIED LONELY BITCH WHO HAS NO GRANDKIDS OR KIDS AND HAS NEVER IN LOVE!!!!!
HE IS 63 YEARS OLD GOING ON 64!
What do you know about "love" aside from your NAMBLA buddies?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#457709 Jun 29, 2013
Economist wrote:
<quoted text>
After 30 years of living off the donations of poor deluded folks you ought to be more ashamed than boastful.
Either you are ignorant and believe your trash talk or you are a religious con man.
Neither is anything to admit to when in the company of people who live in reality.
sorry, but you don't know me at all. I have NEVER accepted a dime to Pastor my churches. my income was more than adequate to provide our lifestyle, and after I retired, my wife bragged that her income was more than mine.

and my retirement income is prolly more than what you make working. lol as I am in the real world not your imaginary one.

Location hidden

#457710 Jun 29, 2013
LineDazzle wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember me? It's Lunger!
Of course I remamber you...You have had an obsession with me ever since i repeatedly humiliated you for harassing and stalking of others.

carrion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min River Tam 49,436
Illegal to hoard or store extra food under USA ... (Jun '08) 23 min Darkbolt500 21
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min Annaleigh 105,683
Maturbating now 34 min Johny 1
Just HOW angry is Satan??? 1 hr patsy the shared ... 23
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 971,805
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,110
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 3 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web