Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,063)

Showing posts 441,241 - 441,260 of530,013
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

who="Disciple"
Islamic prophecies continued,
On seeing this, the Abdaals of Shaam as well as large numbers of people from Iraq will come to him and pledge their allegiance to him. Then a person from the Quraish, whose uncle will be from the Bani Kalb tribe will send an army to attack him, only to be overpowered, by the will of Allah. This (defeated) army will be that of the Bani Kalb. Unfortunate indeed is he who does not receive a share from the booty of the Kalb. This person (Imam Mahdi) will distribute the spoils of war after the battle. He will lead the people according to the Sunnat and during his reign Islam will spread throughout the world. He will remain till seven years (since his emergence). He will pass away and the Muslims will perform his Janazah salaat." (Abu Dawood)
This Mahdi guy will reign for 7 years!

This is interesting, because Islams are not permitted to make a treaty with anyone...UNLESS they are too weak to win over their opposition...in which case they may make a treaty of up to seven years.

When they have regained enough strength to continue the fight, they may abandon their treaty.

The tribulation period of which John speaks in Revelation, is a period of seven years. The anti-Christ of the Bible prophecy will make a 'peace' with Israel for seven years...but after three and one half years (Rev. 13:5), he will break his treaty, and the ensuing period will be more brutal than any that the world has ever known. Rev. 13

KayMarie
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh give it up clay.
the ignorance comes from people like you who have been exploited because you are ignorant of the lies that you have been told.
you weren't there back then(nor was I) so you don't know that Iggie said what he is being quoted.
isn't it TRUE that he has been misquoted by your church(BOY I HATE TO CALL YOUR IRRELIGIOUS SYSTEM A church) leaders in the past.
By the 5th century, this authentic collection had been enlarged by spurious letters, and some of the original letters had been changed with interpolations, created to posthumously enlist Ignatius as an unwitting witness in theological disputes of that age, while the purported eye-witness account of his martyrdom is also thought to be a forgery from around the same time. A detailed but spurious account of Ignatius' arrest and his travails and martyrdom is the material of the Martyrium Ignatii which is presented as being an eyewitness account for the church of Antioch, and as if written by Ignatius' companions, Philo of Cilicia, deacon at Tarsus, and Rheus Agathopus, a Syrian.
Although James Ussher regarded it as genuine, if there is any genuine nucleus of the Martyrium, it has been so greatly expanded with interpolations that no part of it is without questions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Anti... .
PROOF POSITIVE THAT HE AND ANY WORDS ATTRIBUTED TO HIM ARE MISLEADING
to say the least.lol
BTW , Prophet Preston. I didn't quote anything bout Ignatius martyrdom. Your middle paragraph discussed whether or not his letters concerning martyrdom were authentic. You attempted it to apply to his other letters concerning the Eucharist. Did you try to be deceitful? lol.
You guys require baffling ignorance and I think I'll stay right where I'm at thank you!
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the catholics would really go bonkers if the grave of mary was found.lol
They found her tomb. It was empty. She was assumed into heaven.
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you brought up Iggie, NOT ME and I showed you through Historical facts that his words attributed to him are false and erroneous.
ADDRESS THAT ISSUE.
RATHER THAN CHANGING THE SUBJECT.
AS ALL OF YOU CATHOLICS ON HERE DO CONSTANTLY.
as I just went to the frig to make a ham sandwich, I thought about how you catholics on here are such a POOR choice to represent God on this Forum.
this post of yours is a good example of how devious and lying that you people are.
The writings of St. Ignatius are damning to protestantism. Of course they'll try to discredit them.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove to me that 1Peter was written by thee Peter. Prove to me that 1Corinthians was written by Paul the Apostle.
Use Scripture (and only scripture) that says Revelation belongs in the Bible?
Being a sola scripture Bible only Christian, this should be easy for ya. It all should be detailed right there eh?
Book Chapter and Verse where Christ instructs what Books He wills for His Bible!
again, YOU BROUGHT UP CLEMENT WHO WAS BORN IN ROME,

while the clement(a not unusual name back then) that is mentioned in the bible is not from Rome.

DEFEND WHAT YOU BRING UP.LOL
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you brought up Iggie, NOT ME and I showed you through Historical facts that his words attributed to him are false and erroneous.
ADDRESS THAT ISSUE.
RATHER THAN CHANGING THE SUBJECT.
AS ALL OF YOU CATHOLICS ON HERE DO CONSTANTLY.
as I just went to the frig to make a ham sandwich, I thought about how you catholics on here are such a POOR choice to represent God on this Forum.
this post of yours is a good example of how devious and lying that you people are.
Really? read the website again. You showed me nothin but the deceptive religion you preach.
The accounts of his martyrdom are disputed. The letters about the Eucharist are not.

Why is the KJV authentic and Ignatius' letters are not?
Duh, da KJV is da word of God duh!
Really? who says it is and what verse can you provide that outlines the valid Books, so we the readers can know!

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

The Polemics of Mark
(From a CJ post on another thread last night.)

The earliest extant Christian writing, aside from the genuine letters of Paul, is the gospel of Mark.

Mark is a marvelous, largely fictional work. It was written anonymously and later attributed, almost certainly incorrectly, to John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem. It was written in the 70's after the fall of Jerusalem and destruction of the 2nd temple. And it comes to us in a crude Greek that probably was written by a Gentile or Hellenized Jew who was a masterful storyteller but not the best linguist and probably not a resident of Palestine, as John Mark was.

Perhaps seizing on the moment of weakness for the early Jerusalem church that came after the fall of Jerusalem, with most members of the Jerusalem church likely killed or dispersed with the rest of Jerusalem's residents in the siege, Mark is written as a polemic against Jesus' closest followers, including members of Jesus' family.

Backtrack to Paul's genuine texts: In most of the 1st century, there was a struggle in the Jesus movement between Gentiles and Jews. Paul, a Jew but also a proponent of a more Hellenized version of the movement, warns against believing the "Judaizers". These "Judaizers" were believers -- probably mostly or exclusively Jews -- who argued for believing in Jesus but still following Jewish law. According to them, Gentiles were to be circumcised and to obey Jewish dietary restrictions among other things before becoming full members of the movement.

What? No bacon and eggs for breakfast? Say it ain't so!

According to one of Paul's genuine letters, he met Peter in Antioch -- a real event, not fiction.

Peter ate with everyone there until the rest of the Jerusalem delegation arrived. Then Peter would no longer eat with the unclean Gentiles. Paul called Peter on this. Paul does not tell us he won the argument, suggesting he did not, but what Paul does tell us indirectly was that Peter was an observant Jew when circumstances permitted. In short, Simon Peter, a key member of the Jerusalem church, was an observant Jew after Jesus' death, and the Jerusalem church, the hub of power in the early movement before the fall of Jerusalem, was also likely the hub of power for Paul's "Judaizers".

Fast forward to Acts: Despite the portrayal in the Mark's gospel of Jesus' family living in Galilee and the portrayal in John's appendix, chapter 21, of the disciples returning to Galilee, everyone lives in Jerusalem. And despite Mark portraying Jesus' family as nonbelievers, Jesus' brother James appears to lead the Jerusalem church.

Mark's author was anti-family -- biological family that is. And he sought to portray the Twelve as a bunch of dolts. In short, he sought to portray the key members of the then-dead-or-dispersed Jerusalem church as misguided.

Masterful. Not only was Mark's author a great storyteller, he was a great strategist as well.

In Mark, the Twelve just don't get it or don't measure up. They don't understand Jesus' parables, argue among themselves about whom is the most worthy, fall asleep during guard watch, and even deny Jesus in his hour of need.

In Mark, Jesus' family does not follow him and disrespects him.

In Mark, the movement comes before family.

In Mark, Jesus' closest followers, probably among Paul's "Judaizers", are sidelined.

-- Chess

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Beginnings of the Qur'an

According to some traditions, upon receiving his first revelations Muhammad was deeply distressed.[74] After returning home, Muhammad was consoled and reassured by Khadijah and her Christian cousin, Waraqah ibn Nawfal.

In 615, some of Muhammad's followers emigrated to the Ethiopian Aksumite Empire and founded a small colony there under the protection of the Christian Ethiopian emperor A&#7779;&#7717;ama ibn Abjar.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad#Early_b ...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Chronology of Medieval Christianity

Muhammad broke with his Jewish supporters because they refused to recognize him as a prophet and adopt Islam. He chose now to emphasize the Arabness of the new religion and has his followers face Mecca when praying instead of Jerusalem. In the end, all the Jews were either banished or executed.

http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christi ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The writings of St. Ignatius are damning to protestantism. Of course they'll try to discredit them.
Protestants are not the people who changed and exploited him,

AS YOU VERY WELL KNOW.

so let me post this partial description of the truth so you can peruse it better. lol..

By the 5th century, this authentic collection had been enlarged by spurious letters, and some of the original letters had been changed with interpolations, created to posthumously enlist Ignatius as an unwitting witness in theological disputes of that age.

see that stupid.{by the 5th century}. now even a person bad at math can figger out we aren't guilty of those lies he told and lies told about him and for him.

the more that you post, the more I figfer that you are lying when you claim to a successful businessman.lol
Clay

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lets see you prove that the clement in Phillipians is your catholic pope, who was born in Rome.
why don't you do some homework before you show us how stupid that you are.
What other Clement could Paul be referring too? Evidently, Clement would have been a notable Christian, perhaps an ordained Bishop by Paul in Rome?
I get the feeling you will only accept certain things so as long as you can control the teachings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? read the website again. You showed me nothin but the deceptive religion you preach.
The accounts of his martyrdom are disputed. The letters about the Eucharist are not.
Why is the KJV authentic and Ignatius' letters are not?
Duh, da KJV is da word of God duh!
Really? who says it is and what verse can you provide that outlines the valid Books, so we the readers can know!
the Bible says that if a man is unstable in some of his ways, he is unstable in ALL of his ways.

if some of his writings were changed and they were, then his doctrinal stance is also not to be believed.

as for Christians we will stick with what the Bible teaches and says.

DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME. very simple to understand and very simple to follow. nothing has to be added including some pedophile priest asking God in Prayer to change that piece of grain into His Body to be sacrificed all over the world.

we NEED no other miracle to understand that He was giving His body as a SACRIFICE for our sins, and that His Blood was shed for the remission of sin for all that would accept that Sacrifice,

AS I DID ON 8/25/82

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>....
By the 5th century, this authentic collection had been enlarged by spurious letters.....lol
You mean 2 Peter, right?

Of course, that was forged in the 2nd century.

But you probably want to believe that spurious letter, huh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean 2 Peter, right?
Of course, that was forged in the 2nd century.
But you probably want to believe that spurious letter, huh?
we aren't talking about Peter, if you wish to start a thread on him, go 4 it.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Protestants are not the people who changed and exploited him,
AS YOU VERY WELL KNOW.
so let me post this partial description of the truth so you can peruse it better. lol..
By the 5th century, this authentic collection had been enlarged by spurious letters, and some of the original letters had been changed with interpolations, created to posthumously enlist Ignatius as an unwitting witness in theological disputes of that age.
see that stupid.{by the 5th century}. now even a person bad at math can figger out we aren't guilty of those lies he told and lies told about him and for him.
the more that you post, the more I figfer that you are lying when you claim to a successful businessman.lol
We don't quote the disputed 6 letters, they are rejected by Catholics as well. The other seven are authenticated by respected protestant and Catholic historians. They are the ones which are so damning to protestantism. And you, like other anti-Catholics hate him for it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the catholics would really go bonkers if the grave of mary was found.lol
That has happened also.
Interestingly, in 1950 The pope declared the "assumption of Mary" a catholic article of faith. The tomb of Mary(held by the Catholics' in Jerusalem) was immediately sold to the Armenian church.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>we aren't talking about Peter, if you wish to start a thread on him, go 4 it.
Well, we're talking about 2 Peter right here as we post.

Got something relevant to add?

Or do you need time to consult you apologetics?

I'll wait.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

who="Chess Jurist" The Polemics of Mark
The earliest extant Christian writing, aside from the genuine letters of Paul, is the gospel of Mark.
Mark is a marvelous, largely fictional work. It was written anonymously and later attributed, almost certainly incorrectly, to John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem...
Perhaps seizing on the moment of weakness for the early Jerusalem church that came after the fall of Jerusalem, with most members of the Jerusalem church likely killed or dispersed with the rest of Jerusalem's residents in the siege, Mark is written as a polemic against Jesus' closest followers, including members of Jesus' family.
Backtrack to Paul's genuine texts: In most of the 1st century, there was a struggle in the Jesus movement between Gentiles and Jews. Paul, a Jew but also a proponent of a more Hellenized version of the movement, warns against believing the "Judaizers". These "Judaizers" were believers -- probably mostly or exclusively Jews -- who argued for believing in Jesus but still following Jewish law. According to them, Gentiles were to be circumcised and to obey Jewish dietary restrictions among other things before becoming full members of the movement.
According to one of Paul's genuine letters, he met Peter in Antioch -- a real event, not fiction.
Peter ate with everyone there until the rest of the Jerusalem delegation arrived. Then Peter would no longer eat with the unclean Gentiles. Paul called Peter on this. Paul does not tell us he won the argument, suggesting he did not, but what Paul does tell us indirectly was that Peter was an observant Jew when circumstances permitted. In short, Simon Peter, a key member of the Jerusalem church, was an observant Jew after Jesus' death, and the Jerusalem church, the hub of power in the early movement before the fall of Jerusalem, was also likely the hub of power for Paul's "Judaizers".
Fast forward to Acts: Despite the portrayal in the Mark's gospel of Jesus' family living in Galilee and the portrayal in John's appendix, chapter 21, of the disciples returning to Galilee, everyone lives in Jerusalem. And despite Mark portraying Jesus' family as nonbelievers, Jesus' brother James appears to lead the Jerusalem church.
Mark's author was anti-family -- biological family that is. And he sought to portray the Twelve as a bunch of dolts. In short, he sought to portray the key members of the then-dead-or-dispersed Jerusalem church as misguided.
Masterful. Not only was Mark's author a great storyteller, he was a great strategist as well.
-- Chess

Try reading Mark instead of the intellectual know-it-alls.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
Mar 16:20 And they (THE APOSTLES) went forth, and preached every where, THE LORD WORKING WITH THEM, AND CONFIRMING THE WORD with signs following. Amen.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Chess Jurist wrote:
The Polemics of Mark
Mark is a marvelous, largely fictional work. It was written anonymously and later attributed, almost certainly incorrectly, to John Mark, son of Mary of Jerusalem. It was written in the 70's after the fall of Jerusalem and destruction of the 2nd temple. And it comes to us in a crude Greek that probably was written by a Gentile or Hellenized Jew who was a masterful storyteller but not the best linguist and probably not a resident of Palestine, as John Mark was.
In Mark, the Twelve just don't get it or don't measure up. They don't understand Jesus' parables, argue among themselves about whom is the most worthy, fall asleep during guard watch, and even deny Jesus in his hour of need.
In Mark, Jesus' family does not follow him and disrespects him.
In Mark, the movement comes before family.
In Mark, Jesus' closest followers, probably among Paul's "Judaizers", are sidelined.
-- Chess
The Catholic church says Peter was in Rome for 25 years(41-66 AD)...the bible totally contradicts that.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it too.
When I was in eighth grade our choir...And I have no idea how I got in..as my v live is horrid.

Anyway we used to sing many of the responses ..especially on special days

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 441,241 - 441,260 of530,013
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

564 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min RiccardoFire 93,220
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min susanblange 36,399
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min trifecta1 598,753
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Lyndi 171,448
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Hidingfromyou 716,533
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min dr Shrink 38,405
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 21 min dr Shrink 32,904
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min Charlie Sheen 255,699
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 38 min CunningLinguist 223,194
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••