Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649655 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457531 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's what I said, you did it by rote but had no faith, no interest in Him, even though He was there all along. There's that "personal relationship", that "I", again. It's starting to become clearer how one can reject Christ in the Eucharist without giving it a second thought. It's still astounding to me, though. Another clue is your use of the words "your church". It's not my Church, it's His. This is very interesting.
ReginaM:

Ah, but maybe she did it by rote, because that is the way it was presented to her. i.e. Learn by rote, not by searching out the Truth....

So we find God, by getting out of our "rote".

The first time I entered a RCC I was overwhelmed by the feeling of coming home. And that is one of the ways God uses our physical surroundings, to console us along our journey.

Perhaps, and I think this is the exception, is that you connected being consoled within what you were taught. The formation of your conscience and teachings helped keep you within the RCC. It seems most people do not have the similar journey, but must go out on a pilgrimage to find the deeper meaning and relationship with God.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#457532 Jun 29, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
Robert F SEE THIS PAD!!!
Since: Dec 06
Location hidden
Reply ยป
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hello Robert. And greetings to you!
I agree that organized religion is built on fear.
Trust does not fear the hereafter. And trust does not have a need to preach about what ignorance can not know. Trust is about believing in something awesome, without a need to understand. It is akin to throwing a spiritual rope into the sky, and trusting that it will attach to something incomprehensibly beautiful. The rope will never break, because the trust will never be betrayed.
Just my belief.
Hello June
The way you use the word "trusting" in the above "and trusting that it will attach to something", is more akin to "hoping".
The basic problem as I see it is a question of balancing religion and education. Organized religion can serve as teaching tool, but in the end it all comes down to arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. So, what we need especially here in the States is education.
I am afraid that I have some rather "startling" news. As of late, I have been courting atheism! Yea....Surprise!
It was probably only a matter of time. But in my thinking now it is the only way to be open minded and objective....
Robert
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...
No doubt Robert is now the preacher that he always wanted to become.

He had to be an Atheist first, to then be forgiven by Jehovah, who now has welcomed Catholic Robert into Jehovah's Jewish kingdom ... so all is well in Robert's world.

:)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#457533 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The first theologians that created religion gave others the free will to believe in the idea whether or not the many gods and goddesses existed, or were just figments of human imagination.
For a long while I chose to put faith in the words of theologians. However that is no longer the case.
In both cases concerning my belief, I was using my free will. Not the will attached to a god ... but the will similar to every other living form of life on planet earth.
The only difference IS, that other animals are not infected with religion that bloats up their egos, as occurs with humans.
True devotion and relationship does bloat the ego,it defines a person with their Creator,and is much like a father-son,or mother-daughter relationship,and or grandfather to grandchild,grandmother-to grandchild.It is a very intimate thing we humans often find in the nuclear family.But the fact is God does not intend to disrupt our lives with disharmony,but to help us to realize He is our beginning and our end of this temporal life.Men are only bloated by their own selfish egos,it has notthing to do with the Creator.When human beings use God to advance their own agendas,they are moving in their own sphere,God has nothing to do with the altered ego.

Relgionists all grapple with the human condition,what God offers when people seek Him,is to see themselves as they really are.God reveals our nature,He does not cause us to err or live as egotistical beings."Humility is good for the soul"only God can bring us to that humility,because we are obstinate and self seeking beings many times without a conscience.But June,we are created beings,and we have the opportunity in spite of history,in the present to identify with our Creator,and to be known by Him,and that we would know Him as well.It is the greatest relationship that supercedes all human endeavors with each other.You cannot erase it away with falsely attributing God to wive's tales. It is a great disservice to your being to dimmish your Creator to a fairy tale,a figment of human imagination.When in fact HE IS the great I AM,and that is not conjecture,but truth.No human being has a monopoly on God,nor can anyone place Him in a box.All the religions of the world cannot bind Him to their creed.But he can be found in the conscience of all creeds that seek to be united with Him.I am not saying that all religions equally have the same understanding of HIM,but that He is All in all,He does touch every aspect of the human condition,He inspires.God is not bound by religion,and that is the greatest error of atheists and agnostics when they deny Him because of religion.

God created all the sciences,so how is He bound to a religious creed?He is the great Architect of all that is seen and not seen in our world.But the Masons use that title for their idea of god,so I am not a Mason,but God is the Master of every trade known to human development.Our creativity is a by-product of the Creator,He gave that to all of us.He does not stipulate that we must believe in Him to become great in this life.But that we walk with God of our own free will.If you believe that we all are limited by our own god theories and slave to them,that may be the case for many who really do not seek God for themselves,and allow Him to reveal Himself.The truth is God is not satisfied with zombies,or slaves that may work for Him,but hate Him as their master.As we humans know that slavery in any form is horrible,we dishonor our Creator by following Him as a fearful slave.LOVE is not the basis of slavery,but a vibrant encountering relationship with the ONE who in all Essence is L O V E.Love never fails.We fail each other at times because of limitations,but how do we know the final outcome of anything? That is why we must trust in HIM,who is our gebinning and our end.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457534 Jun 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
well first of all, there is no hardcore proof the authors were not the Apostles themselves. So don't teach that as fact. There is some evidence but no proof.
However, if Hebrews was written by one of Paul's Disciples on behalf of Paul; within the fold of the Church, then it wouldn't be a forgery.
Same with 2Peter. Peter could have instructed his Disciple to pen a letter. To us, the texts are still the inspired word of God.
On that same premise...the gospels of Thomas, Magdalene, and Phillip should also be accepted in your book.

Quesnel, Canada

#457535 Jun 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You still can't research your way out of a wet paper bag.
Rumor has it that some of the message of truth that Jehovah was giving to KayMarie went off track and it went straight to Jethro.

So I suggest you don't be too hasty about who knows truth. Apparently the god always gets it right, but humans ... well now, that is a very sad part of the story. According to the latest information from on high ... humans are busy slacking, or maybe the message was "lacking." Sadly, I don't always get my messages right either.

Quesnel, Canada

#457536 Jun 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>True devotion and relationship does bloat the ego,
Was that a Freudian slip of the pen???

Quesnel, Canada

#457537 Jun 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
On that same premise...the gospels of Thomas, Magdalene, and Phillip should also be accepted in your book.
HEY ... Thomas Jefferson re-wrote the parts of the bible he thought were better done his way.

In the world of religion ... anything GOES.

Apparently the god is come-ply-able.

Pad

Rockford, IL

#457538 Jun 29, 2013
June :beginning (mistake gebinning).Also I meant to say in the very first sentence,True relationship does not bloat the ego.But actually when we first encounter God,we fell on top of the world at times,and know the greatest exhillaration for the human soul,to connect with the Creator.It is a malfucntion in the ego to bloat over self importance,and to seek power over others,or to dimminish the type of person due to occupation,race or affiliation to politics or religion. We all have a problem with self,the ego,and our disgust with certain people we encounter.

It is not wrong to be so excited about what God lifts you out of.Religionists often demean those who get very excited about how God loves them,they want to narrow one's vision to humility in their estimation.But God enjoys giving to us that boost of Love we become very excited over.It is something the world cannot give to you.God is not religion and religion is not God,that error in understanding is what has caused political religious wars,and regimes of slavery and so on.We cannot hold God to our creeds,nor can we expect God to hold everyone to His Creed.That is God will not force anyone to follow Him,He works through the basis of the AGAPE(Divine Love) it is a spiritual L A W with Him.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457539 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only go by what I've read and there have been some serious problems that had to be taken outside of topix. It's pretty easy to see why. As I said, they were investigated and I think some states are keeping an eye out, albeit only an occasional one. There are personal suits as well, quite a few from what I've read. That's where the monitoring comes in, or lack thereof. There are also threads where people can post to monitors but from what I could tell they were useless. You're right, this thread seems pretty tame compared to some of them.
ReginaM

Yes. I was aware of this as well.

I think this thread is tame, because on others, there are people wildly out of control, and this one is "tame", and they(seeking to be out of control) get a certain rise out of the newcomers, but old-timers keep their cool. And so the thread stays pretty calm when "they" leave.

Its sort of like learning who you can talk with, without some sort of serious tirade....So those interested in sharing, do so with a certain caution.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#457540 Jun 29, 2013
I am a typing disaster today.malfunction (we feal on top of the world).

Quesnel, Canada

#457541 Jun 29, 2013
But the neatest trick performed by Catholic theologians was how John the Baptist in the old testament prophesied the coming of Jesus, and then hundred of years later, materialize in the new testament to baptize Jesus (as an adult) into the real true faith.

Amazing stuff of miracles!

Now ... if only we could perform stuff such as that today ... people could fly to the moon without any help from science whatsoever.

Since: Nov 08

usa

#457542 Jun 29, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I mentioned in my former post...about the BLOODLESS COMMUNION
...If an air plane was put together (WITH OUT A SCHEMATIC OR SPECIFIC PLAN )
AS the Roman Catholic Church
has attempted to throw their religious system together.
.IT WOULDN'T FLY EITHER ...
~~~
IF NOAH (IN BUILDING THE ARK) HAD DISREGARDED GOD'S INSTRUCTION ...
AS THE ROMAN CATASTROPHIC
CHURCH FOLLOWS GOD'S INSTRUCTIONS ...IT WOULD NEVER HAD OUT LASTED THE
STORM.
the Noah's ark story is a great mythical story, but most likely over exaggerated, as far as the religious storm goes, it's still going on and will continue for centuries to come, the church is slowly dying, when it comes to molesting children even the hardest of criminals condemn child abuse, they are slowly done for, I see no way they can completely recover from this, it won't be in our life time, but the church will eventually fall. there are too many scandals now and i'm sure more in the future, so the first church to go will be the man made, power hungry unholy catholic church.

usa

#457543 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Vatican Accountant Accused of Smuggling $26 Million in Private Jet With Ex-Italian Spy
http://abcnews.go.com/News/vatican-accountant... ? Id=19518452#.Uc8Ktbnn_cs
hiding money in Switzerland and declaring bankruptcy,how interesting.

Quesnel, Canada

#457544 Jun 29, 2013
Pad wrote:
June :beginning (mistake gebinning).Also I meant to say in the very first sentence,True relationship does not bloat the ego.But actually when we first encounter God,we fell on top of the world at times,and know the greatest exhillaration for the human soul,to connect with the Creator.It is a malfucntion in the ego to bloat over self importance,and to seek power over others,or to dimminish the type of person due to occupation,race or affiliation to politics or religion. We all have a problem with self,the ego,and our disgust with certain people we encounter.
It is not wrong to be so excited about what God lifts you out of.Religionists often demean those who get very excited about how God loves them,they want to narrow one's vision to humility in their estimation.But God enjoys giving to us that boost of Love we become very excited over.It is something the world cannot give to you.God is not religion and religion is not God,that error in understanding is what has caused political religious wars,and regimes of slavery and so on.We cannot hold God to our creeds,nor can we expect God to hold everyone to His Creed.That is God will not force anyone to follow Him,He works through the basis of the AGAPE(Divine Love) it is a spiritual L A W with Him.
I've heard all that preaching before. It means nothing to me whatsoever.

I'd like to lock you in a room for a day (mouth taped shut) a devout Muslim, Qur'an in hand, preaching non-stop about your evil ways and how you will burn in Islam's hell if you don't become a Muslim.

There's just nothing like a good dose of your own medicine to get you to shut the f*ck up with preaching that your religion is the only truth.

Location hidden

#457545 Jun 29, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I mostly laugh as when they hit me as now I know someone is lurking ..Lol.
Cowards and lazy people have a way to express themselves on topix through simple "badges".
Wear them proudly. It is proof your post has made an impression.
I am reminded of the decorated general with his full adornment of accolades displayed on his uniform.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#457546 Jun 29, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumor has it that some of the message of truth that Jehovah was giving to KayMarie went off track and it went straight to Jethro.
So I suggest you don't be too hasty about who knows truth. Apparently the god always gets it right, but humans ... well now, that is a very sad part of the story. According to the latest information from on high ... humans are busy slacking, or maybe the message was "lacking." Sadly, I don't always get my messages right either.
:O)

Liked your article on the ancient horses...I wanted to be an anthropologist or archeologist when I wa a kid. I'll always stop and read these articles when I see them.

Location hidden

#457547 Jun 29, 2013
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me?? You've gone way too far this time, Herme. Now you've crossed the line. Your slander and accusations about me are going to stop right now. I refuse to argue with either one of you anymore.
Sorry old girl. His truth in this instance can not be considered slander.

usa

#457548 Jun 29, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The teachings have much value. The Church teaches that stealing, killing, torturing, molesting, fraud is a sin and can lead to eternal damnation. Most faithful Catholics obey these teachings and avoid the sins. Some (including some in the leadership) don't obey these teachings. They will receive their just punishment.
How much money do you think the Catholic Church has?
well according to Forbes, the wall street journal, and financial experts from newspaper to t.v. state they are the biggest, richest business conglomerate in the world. that's not counting all the stolen goods inside Vatican city.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#457549 Jun 29, 2013
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
How so what Old Jughead?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#457550 Jun 29, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because either way, you're receiving the Lord.
Consider the passage of the two men on the road to Emmaus.(Luke 24). They didn't recognize Him nor the Scriptures until Jesus sat down, pulled out some bread, blessed it and gave it to them.
On this occasion, Christ didn't use wine and the partaking was no less profound.
"They ran to the eleven and told how Christ was revealed to them in the breaking of the bread"
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That answers not my question: When I were a Catholic...the congregation only got the "body"...why were they not also given the "blood"????

Because either way, you're receiving the Lord.

Horse feathers....according to your cult, you actually eat His body AND His blood....to receive only His body and not His blood is not fulfilling His command...

Unless you answer my question, stop babbling at me...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Dr Banonator 55,671
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 1 hr pearlofagirl 13
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,282
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr courteous europhobe 281,468
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 1 hr andet1987 37
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 1 hr _Susan_ 65
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 182,928
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa 106,051
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 12 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web