Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658991 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#457367 Jun 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholic church says Peter was in Rome for 25 years(41-66 AD)...the bible totally contradicts that.
I have a feeling that a god created us as idiots so that he could feel superior, as he had no other way of proving his own superiority.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quesnel, Canada

#457368 Jun 28, 2013
The true story of creation

God was in a blue mood one day when he said to self "Self, I need some company."

Self answered, as only selves are apt to do ... "That is an idea. What are you going to do about it?"

I'm going to create little me's. They well be invisible to start with, but then I will make them appear as weird looking creatures that have no resemblance to me. I wouldn't want them to show me up."

And so it came to pass that god created Adam and Eve. And the rest is evil history.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457369 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling that a god created us as idiots so that he could feel superior, as he had no other way of proving his own superiority.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
After reading the bible, one might come to that conclusion.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#457370 Jun 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> Little info... Sera has not been on computer all day.First taking care of me (medical),then take the dogs out, feed the animals,cooked breakfast, then to the doctors for an ultrasound, visit my grandson.ome at 5.Called me several times to check up on me.
Sera told me that when they spoke on the phone Regina told her that she knows how to changes judgies.
Sera is here not with my grandson... Aint life grand!!!!! Praise God!!!
Judges?? You mean those stupid emoticons..?

T here are a few people. One especially who live to Use themm..

Quesnel, Canada

#457371 Jun 28, 2013
In opposition to the vast majority of Biblical and mainstream scholarship, Muslims maintain that Jesus was not crucified and that he was not killed by any other means. They hold this belief based on various interpretations of the following verse in the Qur'an:

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them [or it appeared so unto them], and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not: Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
—Qur'an 4:157–158

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion_of_J ...
truth

Perth, Australia

#457372 Jun 28, 2013
Creation=you belong to complex issue about creation..where you can created too..
with your mind and hand human can created many things as it is..creations of destruction too.

It is include..when i say your law is not my law.

I say to you peaceful non-moral law going every day
very powerful then moral worthy and righteousness law.

Genetic disorders and non-moral production which created human mind and hand are destruction.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#457373 Jun 28, 2013
Trailer from the movie 'Evolution vs God'

&fe ature=youtu.be
marge

Leesburg, GA

#457374 Jun 28, 2013
June! Watch the clip and watch the movie with me when it comes out.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#457375 Jun 28, 2013
marge wrote:
Trailer from the movie 'Evolution vs God'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1gv2xbXkAfsXX&feature=you tu.be
Isn't that cool?
I have to get it.
a lay apostle

Harrisburg, PA

#457376 Jun 28, 2013
a lay apostle

Harrisburg, PA

#457377 Jun 28, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#457378 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 22:19; 1 Cor. 11:24-25 - the translation of Jesus' words of consecration is "touto poieite tan eman anamnasin." Jesus literally said "offer this as my memorial sacrifice." The word “poiein”(do) refers to offering a sacrifice (see, e.g., Exodus 29:38-39, where God uses the same word – poieseis – regarding the sacrifice of the lambs on the altar). The word “anamnesis”(remembrance) also refers to a sacrifice which is really or actually made present in time by the power of God, as it reminds God of the actual event (see, e.g., Heb. 10:3; Num. 10:10). It is not just a memorial of a past event, but a past event made present in time.
In other words, the “sacrifice” is the “memorial” or “reminder.” If the Eucharist weren’t a sacrifice, Luke would have used the word “mnemosunon”(which is the word used to describe a nonsacrificial memorial. See, for example, Matt. 26:13; Mark 14:9; and especially Acts 10:4). So there are two memorials, one sacrificial (which Jesus instituted), and one non-sacrificial.
Horse feathers....
consecration is not in the Bible...
memorial sacrifice is not in the Bible...
non sacrificial is not in the Bible...

You are full of it...

Exodus 29:38-39, where God uses the same word – poieseis – regarding the sacrifice of the lambs on the altar). The word “anamnesis”(remembrance) also refers to a sacrifice which is really or actually made present in time by the power of God,

Ex 29:38 ¶ Now this is that which thou shalt offer <`asah> upon the altar; <mizbeach> two <[email protected]> lambs <kebes> of the first <ben> year <shaneh (in pl. only),> day <yowm> by day <yowm> continually. <tamiyd>

39 The one <'echad> lamb <kebes> thou shalt offer <`asah> in the morning; <boqer> and the other <sheniy> lamb <kebes> thou shalt offer <`asah> at even: <`ereb>

The rest of your dribble is as meaningless...

Location hidden

#457380 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is Glorified, He's not a human being like me and you(?).
I am positive that Jesus does not consider being turned in to a txxx and flushed into the sewer as being Glorified!!!!!!

Location hidden

#457385 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't re-crucify Jesus.
1366 of the CCC basically tells us there is one sacrifice once for all that is made present to us in the mass.

"The Eucharist is thus a sacrifice because it re-presents (makes present) the sacrifice of the cross, because it is its memorial and because it applies its fruit....."

Dr. Ott in "Fundamentals of Catholic Dogma" states: "In the Sacrifice of the Mass, Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross is made present, its memory is celebrated, and its saving power is applied."

"The Council of Trent teaches: Christ left a visible Sacrifice to His Church:'in which that bloody sacrifice which was once offered on the Cross should be made present, its memory preserved to the end of the world, and its salvation-bringing power applied to the forgiveness of the sins which are daily committed by us.;"

Christ's Sacrifice on the Cross is made present,

If that is not re-crucifying Him...what is it?????

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#457389 Jun 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Judges?? You mean those stupid emoticons..?
T here are a few people. One especially who live to Use themm..
Yes they are stupid.(the emoticons)I don't care if someone approves or disagrees with what I say.I will post as I see it. I stand alone.

Location hidden

#457390 Jun 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
A cannibal.
Jesus was merely human?
He was fully human....so, you are correct...Catholics are cannibals because they say they eat the actual body of Christ and drink His actual blood...

Bring fans a lots of kool-aid...

Location hidden

#457393 Jun 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was merely human?
It's yes or no, Ox.
You are addressing words to Old, and asking me to respond????

Location hidden

#457395 Jun 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony didn't lie.
He indicated where both terms were used and assigned them their proper meaning.
Are you now resorting to simply spamming false information out to the board?
Go look up the Greek word for "clown".
Anthony lied...his words: He uses the Greek word "to gnaw, to chew meat" His flesh.

The truth is: trogo: probably strengthened from a collateral form of the base of 5134 and 5147 through the idea of corrosion or wear; or perhaps rather of a base of 5167 and 5149 through the idea of a craunching sound; to gnaw or chew, i.e.(generally) to eat:--eat.

"Eat" is a definition of "trogo". The Greek word for "eat" is "phago", and it means to eat (literally or figuratively):--eat, meat. Catholics read the definitions in the literal sense...which makes them cannibals.
truth

Perth, Australia

#457396 Jun 28, 2013
Evil is always evil..with that intention they liked change everything and make everyone wrong..
Is that stay clear in scripture..yes it is.

Location hidden

#457399 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, I didn't say it, Jesus did. Your beef is with Jesus.
Jesus never said that Catholics are to be cannibals....Catholics erroneously say He did....and they practice cannibalism...religiously...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Peter Ross 71,186
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 min Dolly1081 6,089
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min donaldtrump 283,039
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 4 min Johnny 5,100
bisexual gay gmail video chat (Sep '13) 5 min Geraldo Ranghetti 6
Why do black children behave worse in school th... (Sep '10) 6 min Pops3111 416
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 15 min Flower5115 3,859
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Gabriel 974,879
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 2 hr Jim 297
More from around the web