Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637048 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457323 Jun 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Horse hairs.....
HUH??? Is that in the bible???

:)

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457324 Jun 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
How is it that Peter was buried in an ossuary found in Jerusalem with the inscription Shimon Bar Jonah - Simon son of Jonah - the Hebrew name for Peter.
Note more shape-shifting by the Catholic theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Of all the disciples called by the Lord Jesus in the gospels, probably the one we can most readily identify with is Peter. Simon Barjona as he was known before the Lord changed his name to Peter.

http://www.biblestudyradio.org/...
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#457325 Jun 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
How is it that Peter was buried in an ossuary found in Jerusalem with the inscription Shimon Bar Jonah - Simon son of Jonah - the Hebrew name for Peter.
Yawn. It's not St. Peter.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457326 Jun 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"]072
It is by the blood that one is saved...not the flesh.
KayMarie
Are you a vampire?
youtube

AOL

#457327 Jun 28, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST______

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457328 Jun 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42"
Exactly what it says...
who="Black Thunder 42"Try this on for size...MARK "Jesus who came from Nazareth" Is that not what it says? A simple [yes] or [no] is all that is needed. What year was "Mark" said to be written?
There is much supposition as to when the Gospels were written, and no one knows exactly. I am convinced that the Apostles and others did no writing after they died :(
Some writers, such as Paul, wrote things that were 'current'. For instance one of his letters requests that his scrolls and cloak would be brought to him while he was imprisoned.(He would have no need for such things if he were dead!)
KayMarie
I am convinced of it too!
:)
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

#457329 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear the voice personally, or do you just believe every rumor that comes in your direction.
Words that were written, doesn't mean that what was written was true.
You should KNOW that. Muslims wrote the Qur'an. Yet you don't believe THOSE words.
WHY??? The Muslims do. Maybe THEY are right and YOU are wrong.
Or Maybe you are all wrong.
I believe Muhammad wrote the Quran.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#457330 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Muhammad wrote the Quran.
Most people who answer this question will speak from a biased perspective. The non Muslims will tell you it was written by Muhammad (saw) & that he copied the bible. The Muslims will tell you otherwise.
To get to the answer we must look at the facts
There are definitely some themes in the Quran which are shared with the bible, there also things which are contrary.

Muhammad could not read or write, he was unlettered, interestingly enough the bible predicts the coming of an unlettered prophet who shall carry a message from God.)I FIND THIS STSREMENT PRETTY IGNORANT)

IT CERTAINLY DOESNT MEAN JESUS SINCE WE CAN FIND THAT HE READ FROM A SCROLL IF IS. THE PROPHET.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457331 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. It's not St. Peter.
You are in denial of scientific and archaeological discovery by your own Fransciscan Monks (Father Baggati). It was discovered in 1953, and "hushed up" on order of the pope.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#457332 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you make that statement if I went from believing as a Muslim to believing your specialized version of Christianity???
NAHHH ...You wouldn't, as from your perception, it would be a shift to the ONLY RIGHTEOUS type of worship.
That would be completely up to you.
Pick atheism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Catholicism, Christianity, etc. only one will be right. But notice that one will be right since truth is not relative.
So don't be so vain to think that your faith holds any truth what so ever.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#457333 Jun 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>please provide Biblical evidence that these men were taught by any Apostle.John Never speaks the name of any person who was with him.
so I think that you and this person are liars, unless you can provide otherwise.
Hence, the amazing ignorance it requires to be a believer in your faith. That's why I could never be an Evangelical Presbyterian Mormon or whatever you are...
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#457334 Jun 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>please provide Biblical evidence that these men were taught by any Apostle.John Never speaks the name of any person who was with him.
so I think that you and this person are liars, unless you can provide otherwise.
What does that mean to you and your highlighted Bible? Nothing. Paul speaks of his trusted Clement... but you ignore everyting Clement had to say about Christianity. Whoopy ding, you're going to control your Christianity until you take your last breath.

Location hidden

#457335 Jun 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hence, the amazing ignorance it requires to be a believer in your faith. That's why I could never be an Evangelical Presbyterian Mormon or whatever you are...
Oh give it up clay.

the ignorance comes from people like you who have been exploited because you are ignorant of the lies that you have been told.

you weren't there back then(nor was I) so you don't know that Iggie said what he is being quoted.

isn't it TRUE that he has been misquoted by your church(BOY I HATE TO CALL YOUR IRRELIGIOUS SYSTEM A church) leaders in the past.

By the 5th century, this authentic collection had been enlarged by spurious letters, and some of the original letters had been changed with interpolations, created to posthumously enlist Ignatius as an unwitting witness in theological disputes of that age, while the purported eye-witness account of his martyrdom is also thought to be a forgery from around the same time. A detailed but spurious account of Ignatius' arrest and his travails and martyrdom is the material of the Martyrium Ignatii which is presented as being an eyewitness account for the church of Antioch, and as if written by Ignatius' companions, Philo of Cilicia, deacon at Tarsus, and Rheus Agathopus, a Syrian.

Although James Ussher regarded it as genuine, if there is any genuine nucleus of the Martyrium, it has been so greatly expanded with interpolations that no part of it is without questions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Anti... .

PROOF POSITIVE THAT HE AND ANY WORDS ATTRIBUTED TO HIM ARE MISLEADING

to say the least.lol
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#457336 Jun 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people who answer this question will speak from a biased perspective. The non Muslims will tell you it was written by Muhammad (saw) & that he copied the bible. The Muslims will tell you otherwise.
To get to the answer we must look at the facts
There are definitely some themes in the Quran which are shared with the bible, there also things which are contrary.
Muhammad could not read or write, he was unlettered, interestingly enough the bible predicts the coming of an unlettered prophet who shall carry a message from God.)I FIND THIS STSREMENT PRETTY IGNORANT)
IT CERTAINLY DOESNT MEAN JESUS SINCE WE CAN FIND THAT HE READ FROM A SCROLL IF IS. THE PROPHET.
Islamic prophecies,

Imam Mahdi

Do not confuse Imam Mahdi with Hadhrat Isa (Jesus) Alayhis Salaam. They are two different persons, and both will come during the last days. According to Hadeeth, Imam Mahdi will appear first, and Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will appear during Imam Mahdi's lifetime. Furthermore, only Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will be able to kill Dajjal (the "anti-Christ").

This is weird since the antichrist is showing up 7 years before Christ.

Location hidden

#457337 Jun 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in denial of scientific and archaeological discovery by your own Fransciscan Monks (Father Baggati). It was discovered in 1953, and "hushed up" on order of the pope.
the catholics would really go bonkers if the grave of mary was found.lol
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#457338 Jun 28, 2013
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Islamic prophecies,
Imam Mahdi
Do not confuse Imam Mahdi with Hadhrat Isa (Jesus) Alayhis Salaam. They are two different persons, and both will come during the last days. According to Hadeeth, Imam Mahdi will appear first, and Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will appear during Imam Mahdi's lifetime. Furthermore, only Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) will be able to kill Dajjal (the "anti-Christ").
This is weird since the antichrist is showing up 7 years before Christ.
Islamic prophecies continued,

On seeing this, the Abdaals of Shaam as well as large numbers of people from Iraq will come to him and pledge their allegiance to him. Then a person from the Quraish, whose uncle will be from the Bani Kalb tribe will send an army to attack him, only to be overpowered, by the will of Allah. This (defeated) army will be that of the Bani Kalb. Unfortunate indeed is he who does not receive a share from the booty of the Kalb. This person (Imam Mahdi) will distribute the spoils of war after the battle. He will lead the people according to the Sunnat and during his reign Islam will spread throughout the world. He will remain till seven years (since his emergence). He will pass away and the Muslims will perform his Janazah salaat." (Abu Dawood)

This Mahdi guy will reign for 7 years!
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#457339 Jun 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh give it up clay.
the ignorance comes from people like you who have been exploited because you are ignorant of the lies that you have been told.
you weren't there back then(nor was I) so you don't know that Iggie said what he is being quoted.
isn't it TRUE that he has been misquoted by your church(BOY I HATE TO CALL YOUR IRRELIGIOUS SYSTEM A church) leaders in the past.
By the 5th century, this authentic collection had been enlarged by spurious letters, and some of the original letters had been changed with interpolations, created to posthumously enlist Ignatius as an unwitting witness in theological disputes of that age, while the purported eye-witness account of his martyrdom is also thought to be a forgery from around the same time. A detailed but spurious account of Ignatius' arrest and his travails and martyrdom is the material of the Martyrium Ignatii which is presented as being an eyewitness account for the church of Antioch, and as if written by Ignatius' companions, Philo of Cilicia, deacon at Tarsus, and Rheus Agathopus, a Syrian.
Although James Ussher regarded it as genuine, if there is any genuine nucleus of the Martyrium, it has been so greatly expanded with interpolations that no part of it is without questions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Anti... .
PROOF POSITIVE THAT HE AND ANY WORDS ATTRIBUTED TO HIM ARE MISLEADING
to say the least.lol
So you believe the authenticity of the KJV of scriptures. Why?
The answer is... you dunno. Its da Bible. Period.

Location hidden

#457340 Jun 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that mean to you and your highlighted Bible? Nothing. Paul speaks of his trusted Clement... but you ignore everyting Clement had to say about Christianity. Whoopy ding, you're going to control your Christianity until you take your last breath.
lets see you prove that the clement in Phillipians is your catholic pope, who was born in Rome.

why don't you do some homework before you show us how stupid that you are.

Location hidden

#457341 Jun 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe the authenticity of the KJV of scriptures. Why?
The answer is... you dunno. Its da Bible. Period.
you brought up Iggie, NOT ME and I showed you through Historical facts that his words attributed to him are false and erroneous.

ADDRESS THAT ISSUE.

RATHER THAN CHANGING THE SUBJECT.

AS ALL OF YOU CATHOLICS ON HERE DO CONSTANTLY.

as I just went to the frig to make a ham sandwich, I thought about how you catholics on here are such a POOR choice to represent God on this Forum.

this post of yours is a good example of how devious and lying that you people are.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#457342 Jun 28, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lets see you prove that the clement in Phillipians is your catholic pope, who was born in Rome.
why don't you do some homework before you show us how stupid that you are.
Prove to me that 1Peter was written by thee Peter. Prove to me that 1Corinthians was written by Paul the Apostle.

Use Scripture (and only scripture) that says Revelation belongs in the Bible?
Being a sola scripture Bible only Christian, this should be easy for ya. It all should be detailed right there eh?
Book Chapter and Verse where Christ instructs what Books He wills for His Bible!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min pusherman 968,653
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 14 min Paul is dead 3,593
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min Pegasus 280,451
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 48 min truth 44,075
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Mr Wiggley 28,050
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr River Tam 104,191
New Asian Leaders (NAL) 1 hr doreeners 2
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Johnny 4,716
More from around the web