Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591231 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457102 Jun 28, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The state colluded to a significant degree, thus they get the bill.
Carbery, Genevieve (5 February 2013). "State had 'significant' role in Magdalene laundry referrals". The Irish Times. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
McDonald, Henry (5 February 2013). "Magdalene laundries: Ireland accepts state guilt in scandal: McAleese report finds police also bore responsibility in 'enslavement' of more than 30,000 women in institutions". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
"Irish PM says 'sorry' to laundries victims: Apology follows release of report blaming state for sending women and girls to work like "slaves at Magdalene Laundries". Al Jazeera. 5 February 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
Harrison, Shane (5 February 2013). "Irish PM: Magdalene laundries product of harsh Ireland". BBC News. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
Do you think that the catholic church should have exemption from paying compensation to its countless abuse victims?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#457103 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is typical of the catholic sycophants to try and defend the indefensible.
Who's defending it?

You asked why the state was on the hook and I showed you why.

Facts are what they are, even if they wreck your message board argument.

Buck up.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457104 Jun 28, 2013
A scenario of an afterlife

Preacher of religion dies on earth and his soul reaches the pearly gates.

I am HERE heavenly father. I in devout faith preached your holy words on earth and I am here for my rewards.

God ... "What rewards do you expect? Do you see those HAPPY souls over there? They were homosexuals on earth, and you preached that I would send them to hell to be burned for eternity. They believed what you preached in my name, so they lost their wills to live and committed suicide.

"But God ... I was just preaching what you inspired men to write in your bible! I was certain I was pleasing you."

"You were warned that those words were lies, and you paid no heed!"

"BUT ... BUT ... BUT ... will I not receive rewards?"

"OH indeed my child ... you WILL receive your JUST rewards. What you sowed, you shall reap."

"THAT doesn't sound 'GOOD!!!'"

"Well, neither did your flamboyant reckless words on earth sound GOOD to homosexuals."

"So what IS my fate?"

"You believed in hellfire and damnation for others. What do YOU think is your fate?"

"NO ... NO ... NO ... PLEASE ... HAVE MERCY DEAR GOD ... I LOVED YOU AND WORSHIPPED YOU AND GAVE YOU MY ALL."

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#457105 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23068423
Maybe they could clone a jesus from the blood spatters from the Turin shroud.but I think a jesus would be deeply distressed of the realities of the total hypocrisy and sheer despotism carried out in his name.
~~~

THIS MAY SURPRISE YOU...

BUT THOSE THAT ARE REAL CHRISTIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A SPIRITUAL CLONE OF JESUS...

THE SUPPOSED TO BORN AGAIN OF HIS SPIRIT

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

A SON OF GOD...

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become

TO HAVE EXPERIENCED CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART..

Rom_2:29 ..... and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

a FELLOW CITIZEN WITH THE SAINTS

Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD

Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

A SPIRITUAL CLONE OF JESUS...YES

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457106 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23068423
Maybe they could clone a jesus from the blood spatters from the Turin shroud.but I think a jesus would be deeply distressed of the realities of the total hypocrisy and sheer despotism carried out in his name.
The real name of all religious myths created by humans is "SCAM."

Preachers of religion are in "LOVE" with their own words that spread nothing but lies to and fro ... as they go.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457107 Jun 28, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The investigative committee who looked into this matter found "significant" state collusion in the admission of thousands of women into the institutions.
That's why the taxpayers get to "pick up the bill".
Carbery, Genevieve (5 February 2013). "State had 'significant' role in Magdalene laundry referrals". The Irish Times. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
McDonald, Henry (5 February 2013). "Magdalene laundries: Ireland accepts state guilt in scandal: McAleese report finds police also bore responsibility in 'enslavement' of more than 30,000 women in institutions". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
"Irish PM says 'sorry' to laundries victims: Apology follows release of report blaming state for sending women and girls to work like "slaves at Magdalene Laundries". Al Jazeera. 5 February 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
Harrison, Shane (5 February 2013). "Irish PM: Magdalene laundries product of harsh Ireland". BBC News. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
Justice Minister Alan Shatter told the Dáil the Government, survivors of the laundries and the wider public “expect” those who ran the institutions to pay to compensate the women who suffered in their care. Mr Shatter’s challenge comes as two of the orders have told the Government they will not be contributing any money towards the Quirke redress scheme, expected to cost between €34m and €58m.

The Irish Examiner understands from sources that both the Sisters of Mercy and the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of Refuge told the Government in advance of the Quirke Report being published on Wednesday, they would not be contributing money to the compensation fund.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/governme...

It's obvious they care not the slightest for the victims of their disgusting abuse,they only care about saving themselves money. Any person that give cash to these institutions are either without conscience or are just plain stupid.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457108 Jun 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the "Irish government was without doubt complicit".
That's why they're paying. The government is liable, and their source of funds is tax revenue.
That's the way it goes sometimes.
Do you think the catholic church is also liable? they were the ones that were doing the abusing.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457109 Jun 28, 2013
I wonder, if there just happens to be an afterlife, what this vile preacher of words (when he was on earth) is now reaping?

The popular television evangelist reverend Jerry Falwell, who supported President Bush, made the following statement (verbatim)…“But you got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I’m for the President … chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them away, in the name of the Lord.”

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457110 Jun 28, 2013
I am thankful that when I studied the bible I never let it go to my head that I was special. I never used the words in that book to harm another by preaching that I would be saved and they would burn in hell.

For THAT, I am VERY thankful.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457111 Jun 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
THIS MAY SURPRISE YOU...
BUT THOSE THAT ARE REAL CHRISTIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A SPIRITUAL CLONE OF JESUS...
THE SUPPOSED TO BORN AGAIN OF HIS SPIRIT
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
A SON OF GOD...
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS
2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become
TO HAVE EXPERIENCED CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART..
Rom_2:29 ..... and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
a FELLOW CITIZEN WITH THE SAINTS
Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD
Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
A SPIRITUAL CLONE OF JESUS...YES
Yeah,but that's just a load of bollocks,isn't it?

You are right about one thing,I am surprised,surprised how totally inane religious scripture is.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#457112 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Communion means "the act or an instance of sharing" or as above "participation". If your bread and grape juice is just bread and grape juice you're communing or "participating" with bread and grape juice. If it's Christ's body and blood (it's not in protestantism) you're communing or "participating" in Christ's body and blood. If it's just a symbol, all you're getting is a symbol, it's not the real thing.
~~~
WHAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY POSTING IS

IN YOUR BLOODLESS EUCHARIST

YOU HAVE NOT COMMUNION WITH CHRIST.....

AND YOU ARE ETERNALLY LOST...

Heb_9:22 without shedding of blood is no remission.

WE EVANGELICALS ACCEPT THE SACRIFICE OF THE BODY OF CHRIST (ON CALVARY'S TREE) ONCE AND FOR ALL AS OUR REMISSION ...

WE DO NOT CONTINUALLY OFFER HIM AS YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS DO..

Heb_9:28 So Christ was...ONCE ...offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

WE BELIEVE THAT
Heb_10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457113 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder, if there just happens to be an afterlife, what this vile preacher of words (when he was on earth) is now reaping?
The popular television evangelist reverend Jerry Falwell, who supported President Bush, made the following statement (verbatim)…“But you got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I’m for the President … chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them away, in the name of the Lord.”
killing is never done with such conviction when it is done in the name of god.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457114 Jun 28, 2013
I hope if there IS an afterlife, that I will be reunited with my nephew Mark who was gay, sensitive and loving, and yet who took his own life because (in great part) he had his self-worth stolen from him by preachers of religion.

And I hope that I will be reunited with his mom, my dear sister Josie, who stood by him and accepted him, as did I ... just as he was.

But I don't believe that a god exists to judge one way or the other.

It will be what it will be, and I am totally at peace that I accepted Mark just as he was.

My tears are not in vain!!!

I will fight for gay rights until my dying breath.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457115 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
killing is never done with such conviction when it is done in the name of god.
Yes, and there are many ways to kill. Stealing the self-worth from others is a wretched habit of preachers of religion.

Women who have had abortions have committed suicide because of guilt laid on them by men of the cloth, who never had to suffer being women.

I have no USE for religion ... with justifiable reason.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457116 Jun 28, 2013
IMAGINATION

You can find in a text whatever you bring, if you will stand between it and the mirror of your imagination. You may not see your ears, but they will be there.
- "A Fable"

Mark Twain
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#457117 Jun 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is quite simple.
The christian believes in a deity that has NEVER even been seen...is indoctrinated to believe that "miracles" are the signature of "holy" or divine subjects...that Jesus was the result of "magick" interlude...and Jesus ascension is the result of magick or miracle...the christian deity created everything form nothing...the deity resides outside the realm of natural reality and actuality, yet interferes within that natural realm or plane...all of which is contrary to known laws of physics and actuality-ie. impossible.
This is just the very basic and most obvious symptoms of insanity.
THAT is indeed pathological and sociopathic behavioral thinking by an inept mind...or induced delusion.
I haven't even begun to address the atrocious behavior of the deity(sociopathic/narcissistic /pathological)...which christians seem to find no fault with whatsoever.
Whenever the subjugate(s) follows the lead of it's teachings of absurdity, it will commit atrocity.
History is witness to that.
Black Thunder 42:

Rather than calling Christians insane, it might be better to consider, that your world-view does not allow a believer to be sane, based on your perceptions.

In a sense, what you are thinking, and doing is dehumanizing people, and thus becoming yourself what you detest.(Committing atrocities, not physically, but mentally....)

There is plenty of that going on, in this thread, but sometimes it is better to work it out of your system, by exposing it.

Don't worry, I see it all the time being said that atheists are insane, by theists on here too. And perhaps there is more onus on a theist, since they say they follow God, but are not following God-like virtue. And that may be the source of your thinking religious people are "insane". It is the contradiction between what and how they say, what and how they think, and claim, that you perceive.

This however, does not negate the Truth, rather, it exposes us all, in how short we are in knowing the Truth, and practicing the Truth.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457118 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I hope if there IS an afterlife, that I will be reunited with my nephew Mark who was gay, sensitive and loving, and yet who took his own life because (in great part) he had his self-worth stolen from him by preachers of religion.
And I hope that I will be reunited with his mom, my dear sister Josie, who stood by him and accepted him, as did I ... just as he was.
But I don't believe that a god exists to judge one way or the other.
It will be what it will be, and I am totally at peace that I accepted Mark just as he was.
My tears are not in vain!!!
I will fight for gay rights until my dying breath.
It would be hell indeed if an afterlife would be spent in the presence of the same religious bigots that reside in the here and now.

Vanderhoof, Canada

#457119 Jun 28, 2013
GOD

...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell--mouths mercy, and invented hell--mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!
- No. 44, The Mysterious Stranger

Mark Twain
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#457120 Jun 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Does every Orthodox at every Orthodox Mass get the wine, or does it sometimes run out before the people in the back get any?
If it does, and they only get the Eucharist, does that mean their partaking is any less? Did they not receive Jesus Christ either way?
Judging from the icons she gives you, I guess she doesn't like your posts! She does the same thing to all of mine, Hojo's and Dust Storm's. She's afraid of Anthony, lol. Even if we post Scripture, she doesn't like that either...gee, I wonder why, lol!
Maybe if we throw holy water on the screen she'll melt away.

Okay, get ready for it....

:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#457121 Jun 28, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong, I prefer the wine too. But I don't feel like I received a partial grace from Christ when I only have the bread. I've had some of the greatest encounters with the Holy Spirit while only having the Eucharist.
Also, I find that hard to believe that the Orthodox Mass never runs out of wine. Is their a small number of attendees where you and Herm go?
At the Cathedral of Saint Paul there is over a thousand at the Sunday Mass. Its almost impossible for the celebrant to gauge the correct volume. Any leftover has to be consumed at that Mass..
When I went to CC in the 50 and 60

There was,NO WINE except for the priest..only the wafer..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Jac 100,166
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min PELE78 841,068
Rajkot gay Topix 19 min rohit sexy 93
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 22 min Truths 612,247
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 32 min lovewithin 40,574
Fondling my nipples drives me wild 34 min LipsAndTongue 5
Israel End is Near 1 hr MUQ2 117
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 4,717
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 6 hr Quasi Moto 261
More from around the web