Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 573,763
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#457036 Jun 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a coward....that is why you are not answering my question...what do you call a person that eats human flesh???
Cannibal
CANNIBAL, n. A human being that east human flesh; a man-eater, or anthropophagite.

Location hidden

#457037 Jun 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannibal
CANNIBAL, n. A human being that east human flesh; a man-eater, or anthropophagite.
Exactly!!!! Ant knows it, he knows I know he knows, I know he knows I know he knows.....but he suffers from a severe case of egotism...he can't admit it to me...

Location hidden

#457038 Jun 27, 2013
Is The Eucharist Really Christ's Body and Blood?

By Archbishop Michael J. Sheehan

May 1995 issue of The People of God

Newspaper of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe, N.M.
AN ALARMING GALLUP POLL

Recently, a Gallup poll was taken on Catholic attitudes toward Holy Communion. The poll showed serious confusion among Catholics about one of the most basic beliefs of the Church.

Only 30 percent of those surveyed believe they are actually receiving the Body and Blood, soul and divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ under the appearance of bread and wine.

29 percent think they are receiving bread and wine which symbolize the spirit and teachings of Jesus and, in so doing, are expressing their attachment to His person and words.

10 percent understand their action to be receiving bread and wine in which Jesus is present.

and 23 percent hold that they are receiving what has become the Body and Blood of Christ because of their personal belief.

Any well-informed Catholic will recognize that only the first option, chosen by the 30 percent, is true Catholic teaching. The other options represent various forms of Protestant belief.

Location hidden

#457039 Jun 27, 2013
The Immaculate Conception is a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, the Immaculate Conception refers to the sinless state of Mary. Pope Pius IX proclaimed this doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of Mary on December 8, 1854. Many people, Catholics included, wrongly believe that this dogma refers to the conception of Jesus Christ. But, in fact, the Immaculate Conception doctrine states that Mary, "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin." Immaculate, meaning "without stain," implies that Mary herself was preserved from original sin at conception, that she was born without a sin nature, and that she lived a sinless life.

Will a Catholic show me the Scripture that this teaching is based on????

Location hidden

#457040 Jun 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote: Book, chapter and verse where Jesus says the Lords supper is symbolic. Thanks.

When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; Therefore, take every word at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning. Unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic (self evident) and fundamental truths indicate clearly otherwise. Christ said: And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. The key to understanding the literal sense of Scripture is to distinguish between the terms literal and literalistic. Every text of Scripture has a literal sense. That is, every text of Scripture has a meaning the author intends to convey. It does not therefore follow that every text of Scripture is to be read literalistically, like a newspaper. If I tell you, "My heart is broken" I have a definite meaning I'm trying to convey: I am deeply grieved. But I am not using literalistic language to convey that meaning. I don't mean "My cardiac tissue is torn." Same with the biblical authors. They employ all sorts of linguistic tricks of the trade--poetry, history, parable, hymn, fiction, reportage, myth, argumentation, legal codes, apocalyptic--to get their various points across. But however they express themselves, they all have a meaning they intend us to get. That meaning is what is meant by the literal sense of Scripture.

Thing is....some people, as yourself, are not able to make those distinctions...

Location hidden

#457041 Jun 27, 2013
Mary she be a sinner......

There is not one Scripture given in context to show Mary is without sin. However, there is much to show the opposite. In Luke 1:46-47: After she visits Elizabeth and she is blessed she exalts the Lord saying “ My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my savior.'

Here Mary is saying that God is her personal savior, only sinners need a savior. In vs. 48 Mary states “ Henceforth all generations will call me blessed for He (God) has done great things for me and Holy is His name and His mercy is on those who fear Him.”

Notice she says, God is Holy not herself, that He will have mercy upon her. Mercy is withheld punishment, only a sinner needs the mercy of God.

It wasn’t until 1850 that the Catholic church endorsed Mary's sinlessness. Luke records by the Holy Spirit that Mary said she is a sinner by her admission in needing a savior, but the Pope says she does not.

So then the Bible would be wrong and a man called the Pope is right, it can't be both.

For whom to you vote as being right????? Hello!!!!!

Location hidden

#457042 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote: Luke 1:28. Still.
----------
Brilliant!!!! Lu 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Show me the definition of any of the words in that verse that shows as a definition/s for: Immaculate conception.....sinless state... sinless life.

Plus your NABre shows the following as companion verses.. m.[1:28] Jgs 6:12; Ru 2:4;

Jg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

So...if Lu 1:28 teaches Mary was sinless, then Gideon was also sinless!!!!

Ru 2:4 ¶ And, behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said unto the reapers, The LORD be with you. And they answered him, The LORD bless thee.

And....the reapers were also sinless!!!!

Since: Jun 13

Mumbai, India

#457043 Jun 27, 2013
yogesh.vagal add me for fun
truth

Perth, Australia

#457045 Jun 28, 2013
woe woe to scribe judges vipers this and that
woeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
now
please explain
Jesus Christ words is perfect!

Why man think he is better then women?
see
woman
wo;man
see satanic words
Jesus know
wooooooooo man
see man

please now explain why i am wrong..
truth

Perth, Australia

#457046 Jun 28, 2013
http://biblehub.com/matthew/23-13.htm
woman
wo;man

explain
remember
Jesus Christ words is perfect!
truth

Perth, Australia

#457047 Jun 28, 2013
http://biblehub.com/luke/11-52.htm
http://bibleapps.com/matthew/23-33.htm
woeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
wo;man
seeeeeeee
splitting words

I give you warning!
Don't play God words..not with me.
Armageddon

Bronx, NY

#457048 Jun 28, 2013
The Effects of Armageddon

http://i.imgur.com/xfAP0ss.gif
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#457049 Jun 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>I rest my case!
You will align yourself with anyone in order to bring down the Catholic Church. Ox spends an amazing amount of time trashing both Orthodox and Catholic teachings. yesterday he put down the Eucharist and mocked our faith.
Yet, he says something about Catholics not getting the wine all the time and you high five him. wow
Where is your integrity?
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#457050 Jun 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text>==========
Orthodox Liturgy is closest to the Liturgy the Early Church. The Catholic Church has had many revisions which have continued through the modern age.
1. REIGN OF CONSTANTINE Secular influences on liturgy starting in the reign of CONSTANTINE in the early part of the 4TH CENTURY, Research into Roman imperial court ceremonial reveals inescapable parallels in Church liturgy.
Once the Church had joined in partnership with the state, it was necessary to integrate the bishops etc into the Imperial status system ishops and other clerics began to enjoy the privileges and ceremonies of the imperial court and of high ranking officials.. Thus, the Pope was accorded some of the ceremonial privileges of the Emperor himself, such as having people kissing his foot. The bishops became entitled to wear the dress and insignia of the highest ranking Romans..
3 The Roman Liturgy changed from what we see in Justin Martyr to that of Gregory The change is radical, especially as regards the most important element of the Mass, the Canon.
4. BY AROUND 1000 AD, THE LITURGY OF ROME WAS A MIXTURE OF THE GREGORIAN LITURGY AND TWO VERSIONS FROM BEYOND THE ALPS, THE GELASIAN (ORIGINALLY FROM ROME) AND THE ANCIENT GALLICAN.
5.During the c10th the Papacy went through a bad period and the liturgical life of the city came close to extinction, saved only by devoted efforts in some of the Cluniac monasteries newly founded there.
6 WHEN A LITURGICAL REVIVAL TOOK PLACE AT THE END OF THE CENTURY, IT SHOWED DEVELOPMENTS THAT WERE FRANCO-GERMAN IN ORIGIN. This Franco-German influence is explicable in terms of partly of the Cluniac presence, but mainly of the efforts of the Saxons, Otto I (912-973) and Otto II (955-983),‘religious men’[p 76], who tried to reform the Papacy during their interventions in Italy and supplied liturgical books from beyond the Alps.
7 BUT IN THE LONG AND GRADUAL SUPPLANTING OF THE GALLICAN RITE THE ROMAN WAS ITSELF AFFECTED BY ITS RIVAL, SO THAT WHEN AT LAST IT EMERGES AS SOLE POSSESSOR IT IS NO LONGER THE OLD PURE ROMAN RITE, BUT HAS BECOME THE GALLICANIZED ROMAN USE THAT WE NOW FOLLOW
8 PRE-TRIDENTINE MASS The term Pre-Tridentine Mass here refers to the variants of the liturgical rite of Mass in Rome before 1570, when, with his bull Quo primum, Pope Pius V made the Roman Missal, as revised[1] by him, obligatory throughout the Latin-Rite or Western Church, except for those places and congregations whose distinct rites could demonstrate an antiquity of 200 years or more.
9 TRIDENTINE COUNCIL OF TRENT (1545 1563 1570, WHEN, WITH HIS BULL QUO PRIMUM, POPE PIUS V MADE THE ROMAN MISSAL, AS REVISED[1] BY HIM, OBLIGATORY THROUGHOUT THE LATIN-RITE OR WESTERN CHURCH, EXCEPT FOR THOSE PLACES AND CONGREGATIONS WHOSE DISTINCT RITES COULD DEMONSTRATE AN ANTIQUITY OF 200 YEARS OR MORE.
10 IN THE FACE ON THE ONE HAND OF THE ATTACK ON THE MASS BY THE PROTESTANTS, LUTHER (1483-1546) AND ZWINGLI (1484-1531), AND ON THE OTHER HAND OF THE ‘CHAOTIC STATE OF LITURGICAL PRACTICE’[P 117], THE COUNCIL OF TRENT (1545-1563) DETERMINED ON REFORM OF THE MISSAL AND THE BREVIARY
11 The Latin Tridentine Mass remained the standard eucharistic liturgy in the Roman Catholic Church in the West until the Second Vatican Council. In 1963, the Council adopted, by an overwhelming majority, the Constitution On Sacred Liturgy "SacrosantumConcilium Following Vatican II, Pope Paul VI instituted a new form of the Mass : THE “NEW MASS”,
12 MASS CATHOLIC 2011 UNDERGOING FIRST CHANGES IN 40 YEARS New translation will go into effect in Sep 17, 2011
Did the Orthodox mass change or not? You can't say its the "closest thing" and not be a hypocrite for condemning the Catholic Mass for changing.
Clay

Jersey City, NJ

#457051 Jun 28, 2013
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Say no more Clay....."ALMOST always on Sundays says it all! Believe the man "behind the curtain" after all "there's no place like home"
Does every Orthodox at every Orthodox Mass get the wine, or does it sometimes run out before the people in the back get any?
If it does, and they only get the Eucharist, does that mean their partaking is any less? Did they not receive Jesus Christ either way?
truth

Perth, Australia

#457053 Jun 28, 2013

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#457054 Jun 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's "we" in "WE BELIEVE"?
Christians Dan

“HAVE A BLESSED ”

Since: Aug 08

New Year

#457055 Jun 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
EVERY ONE KNOWS WHAT BROUGHT ABOUT THE REFORMATION BUT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS...
God attempted bring about a revival ....to steer the Roman Catholic Church back to the Bible and truth...
You infidels rejected it...because you were too deeply embedded in your
Carnal minded domineering power hungry paganistic attitudes.
Remember this ...
God said
Gen_6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
God shortened mans days on earth because of sin.
JUST HOW MUCH LONGER (DO YOU THINK)HE WILL PUT UP WITH THE Roman catholic CHURCH
Amen Kay. Exactly as I have thought.

Nothing as big as the Reformation c..the distribution of bibles and the taking of them along with the non Catholic believers to the New,World..

Could have been so richly blessed..without GOD's hand in the whole thing.

Imo this country was,settledr by those wishing freedom of WORSHIP..at the core..

And we went on to be a great country out of which flowed missionaries and the Word ..via many sources.

And we also had the might to backup Israel in becoming and remaining a,country.

This was God's doing. And it was nit going to be done in the way it was by leaving God's words in the hands of the Vatican and the priests..not in God's timing anyway

They did spread the faith..But to the Spanish colonies..Imo God wanted it spread wider and faster....

My personal tt bought is that in the Vatican 2,and last three popes we have seen that return by the Catholic church. church To God's purpose for it .

All things work according to HIS plan..
truth

Perth, Australia

#457056 Jun 28, 2013
he ll=pillars o=1 +5=6
its not me who do that
dan

Omaha, NE

#457057 Jun 28, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if your argument is that God has it's own standards, and we don't know what those are, then anything can be God's standards. And quite possibly that God's standards are entirely arbitrary. Isn't it rather important that one discern what is or isn't according to God's standards? I thought that's what the Bible was for.
<quoted text>
Don't you have an expectation that the religion you chose to adhere to make rational sense? In fact, religious ideology should in theory make perfect sense, if it is applied by an omnipotent deity concerned about human well-being. Did God give humans the power to reason and be rational for no reason?
You want me to tell you "why" God did/does something/anything.

That's irrational. It presumes that I operate on the divine plane.

What I've provided is man attempting to explain the Divine (theology). What cannot be explained is "why" God does something. Only God knows why God does something. I can't explain that anymore than I can explain why you do something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min onemale 268,821
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 21 min Liam 39,604
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 23 min Doctor REALITY 7
Trump: Hillary, McCain were 'birthers' 36 min Caesar 2
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min Wyle E Coyote 809,050
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 59 min WasteWater 945
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,787
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr razz58 608,142
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr My name is Ashok ... 5,624
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 10 hr hehehe7385 17
More from around the web