Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685932 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#457272 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<
I've been told by countless religiots that I will burn in hell,but that's okay,what ever turns them on.
Of course it turns them on. Note how powerful they feel when they believe the words they read in their books have the power to condemn others to a life of eternal misery and credit their selves to a life of eternal bliss!
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#457273 Jun 28, 2013
Hermeneutics Smutics wrote:
<quoted text> Little info... Sera has not been on computer all day.First taking care of me (medical),then take the dogs out, feed the animals,cooked breakfast, then to the doctors for an ultrasound, visit my grandson.ome at 5.Called me several times to check up on me.
Sera told me that when they spoke on the phone Regina told her that she knows how to changes judgies.
Sera is here not with my grandson... Aint life grand!!!!! Praise God!!!
Well that's good to hear! Every time she posts, they suddenly appear. Am pleased it's not her.

Not entirely accurate though. I know there's a way it 'can' be done as I've seen people do it, and people have posted about it on other forums, but I don't know how and, frankly, most of us haven't used them in a long time. They're time consuming and childish. Not sure why Topix put them there in the first place.

So glad to hear life is treating you well! Yes, indeed, it is grand!! Keep up the positive attitude!

Since: Nov 08

usa

#457274 Jun 28, 2013
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You, Jethro are just like Peter before his TRUE conversion to Jesus Christ! YOU FISH AND CATCH NOTHING, very time you make a comment on this forum!!! The Only thing that you protestant "fundies"rely upon is "throwing something out" on this forum desperately "hoping" that somehow, somewhere it sticks! As I told you before, Jesus never used the word Catholic! At that time it was the ONLY Church around and it was Universal. Ignatius referred to the word Catholic in 107AD and it has been there for over 2000 years---REGARDLESS of the "editoralized (bogus history nonsense) you keep "trying to sell others" on this forum. This ridiculous "broken chain" from the Apostles that you keep "spitting out" is has "no relevance" at all when it comes to verifing, authenticating and undeniable proof of confirming the One and only TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church initiated, formed and established by Jesus Christ HIMSELF in Matthew 16:13-21. Your twisted "Church History propaganda" (never has, nor ever will) change the Historical and biblical PROVEN TRUTH of Jesus Christ and His One (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
I fish an catch you continuously lying, you have no historical proof, if you had it you would post it, you do not have a true apostolic church, you have nothing! but perversion and corruption.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457275 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget that there could BE no sin if the supposed god had not created Adam and Eve. An all-knowing god would KNOW that created up-coming sinners!
Mental food for idiots.
you need a gold medal in mental gymnastics to make sense of that lot,or maybe a tab of acid. Acid eventually wares off,a religious affliction can last a lifetime.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457276 Jun 28, 2013
The old saying that goes "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me," is another HUGE lie.

Theologians taught many people that they were evil offenders of gods ... and THAT in turn frightened the be-jeepers out of them to the point of committing suicide, as they were certain they were contaminated BY evil.

Religion is NOT good!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457277 Jun 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
Rather than calling Christians insane, it might be better to consider, that your world-view does not allow a believer to be sane, based on your perceptions.
In a sense, what you are thinking, and doing is dehumanizing people, and thus becoming yourself what you detest.(Committing atrocities, not physically, but mentally....)
There is plenty of that going on, in this thread, but sometimes it is better to work it out of your system, by exposing it.
Don't worry, I see it all the time being said that atheists are insane, by theists on here too. And perhaps there is more onus on a theist, since they say they follow God, but are not following God-like virtue. And that may be the source of your thinking religious people are "insane". It is the contradiction between what and how they say, what and how they think, and claim, that you perceive.
This however, does not negate the Truth, rather, it exposes us all, in how short we are in knowing the Truth, and practicing the Truth.
The first two tenets of Jesus is all one needs practice. All the ritual and cherrypicking for designs of defamation and self aggrandizement is indeed insane....anyone practicing such behavior is directly contrary to the teachings of Jesus, and will hear that infamous line when their judgement is made. It only proves to me that they do not even believe what they preach...in fact, I have to wonder if they don't eat their own kin.
I think you may be one of the few who understands that.
I stand by my statement.

usa

#457278 Jun 28, 2013
here's your true church HOJO:A senior Catholic cleric has been arrested on suspicion of fraud and corruption in connection with a sweeping probe of the scandal-plagued Vatican bank, Italian media reported Friday.
Contrary to earlier media reports, the arrested cleric Nunzio Scarano is not a bishop but a priest from Salerno in southern Italy who is called "monsignor" in recognition of his seniority at the Holy See, Vatican senior media advisor Greg Burke said.
Scarano was arrested after an investigation into the Institute for Works of Religion (IOR), as the bank is known, unearthed a suspected international fraud scheme, reports said.
The senior cleric was suspended from his position as a member of the administration that manages the Vatican's assets (the APSA) "about a month ago, after his superiors learnt about an investigation into his activities," Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi said.
Scarano was arrested along with a former member of the Italian secret services and a financier, reports said.
Police declined to confirm the arrests, saying a press conference would be held later on Friday.
ANSA news agency said the three arrested men were suspected of plotting to illegally move 20 million euros ($26 million) from Switzerland to Italy.
The money allegedly belonged to friends of Scarano and was brought into Italy on board a private jet belonging to Italian former secret service agent Giovanni Maria Zito, the reports said.Zito purportedly received 400,000 euros for the service.
According to the daily La Repubblica, Scarano is also under investigation by the Salerno prosecutor on suspicion of money laundering.
"They called him Monsignor 500... because of the great number of 500 euro notes he had at his disposition," which he allegedly used to launder money for friends in southern Italy, the daily said.
It added that it was an initial investigation into Scarano's bank account at the IOR which led to the discovery of the suspected racket.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457279 Jun 28, 2013
These were early Christians. Nuttier than fruitcakes.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book,“The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire,” by Edward Gibbon,(Coyright 1963, by Frank C. Bourne … comes the following…….

Such disorders are the natural effects of religious tyranny; but the rage of the Donatists was inflamed by a frenzy of a very extraordinary kind; and which, if it really prevailed among them in so extravagant a degree, cannot surely be paralleled in any country or in any age. Many of these fanatics were possessed with the horror of life, and the desire for martyrdom; and they deemed it of little moment by what means, or by what hands, they perished, if their conduct was sanctified by the intention of devoting themselves to the glory of the true faith, and the hope of eternal happiness. Sometimes they rudely disturbed the festivals, and profaned the temples of Paganism, with the design of exciting the most zealous of the idolaters to revenge the insulted honour of their gods. They sometimes forced their way into the courts of justice, and compelled the affrighted judge to give orders for their immediate execution. They frequently stopped travelers on the public highways, and obliged them to inflict the stroke of martyrdom, by the promise of reward if they consented, and by the threat of instant death if they refused to grant so singular a favour. When they were disappointed of every other resource, they announced the day on which, in the presence of their friends and brethren, they should cast themselves headlong from some lofty rock; and many precipices were shown which had acquired fame by the number of religious suicides.

The simple narrative of the intestine divisions which distracted the peace and dishonoured the triumph of the church, will confirm the remark of a Pagan historian, and justify the complaint of a venerable bishop. The experience of Ammianus had convinced him that the enmity of the Christians towards each other surpassed the fury of savage beasts against man; and Gregory Nazianzen most pathetically laments that the kingdom of heaven was converted by discord into the image of chaos, of a nocturnal tempest, and of hell itself.

usa

#457280 Jun 28, 2013
Through the years the Vatican bank has been tarnished by scandals, with criminals using anonymity or false names to launder money.
The biggest scandal was in 1982 over the bankruptcy of Banco Ambrosia, in which the Vatican was the main shareholder and which had been accused of laundering money for the Sicilian mafia.
The chairman of Banco Ambrosiano, Roberto Calvi -- dubbed "God's Banker" in the press -- was found hanging from Blackfriars Bridge in London in 1982 in a suspected murder by mobsters.
The Vatican promised in 2011 to redouble its efforts to reform the bank and overhaul its financial legislation following reports of anonymous accounts at the bank being used by organised crime.
The bank was back in the headlines in 2012, when its head Ettore Gotti Tedeschi was sacked by the board after a major falling out with the Holy See's Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone.
In a bid to tighten control of the bank's activities, Pope Francis announced on Wednesday a sweeping study of the bank before a possible clear-out of top management at the Holy See.
In his first real step towards reform, the pontiff is to take a hands-on approach, ensuring that everything a special five-member commission uncovers will be reported directly to him.
The pope, elected amid an in-house debate over whether it is necessary to have a Vatican bank at all, has railed against the cult of money, calling for a "poor Church".
He has also quipped that "St. Peter did not have a bank account", and warned the IOR and other Vatican staff that "offices are necessary but they are necessary only up to a certain point."
Earlier this month, Francis named cleric Battista Mario Salvatore Ricca to oversee the IOR's management -- effectively placing a trusted ally in a key position to report to him,
The IOR, which does not lend money, manages assets of 7.0 billion euros ($9.3 billion) and handles funds for Vatican departments, Catholic charities and congregations as well as priests and nuns living and working around the world.
nice church HOJO
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457281 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it turns them on. Note how powerful they feel when they believe the words they read in their books have the power to condemn others to a life of eternal misery and credit their selves to a life of eternal bliss!
And they say pride is a sin,they are certainly proud of themselves when the condemn you to hell. Their smugness illuminates my PC screen.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457282 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
you need a gold medal in mental gymnastics to make sense of that lot,or maybe a tab of acid. Acid eventually wares off,a religious affliction can last a lifetime.
My religious affliction lasted most of my life.

But I am thankful that I finally recognized the lies of the theologians that liked nothing more than to keep the masses fighting each other by their divide and conquer methods..
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.
Human Being

Ville Platte, LA

#457283 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it,are we born with out sin,with sin and if we are wounded by sin,what did jesus die for again? or did he die at all?
This christianity shit is rather confusing,it's no wonder why there has been so much sectarian murder over it.
Atheist Silurist:

There are a lot of things done in the name of Christianity, that aren't Christian in nature. Its called hypocrisy.

If your thoughts are built on observing hypocrisy, then
what is your definition of Christianity? And is it correct?
I can see how you are confused.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457284 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
And they say pride is a sin,they are certainly proud of themselves when the condemn you to hell. Their smugness illuminates my PC screen.
I agree! But the problem IS, they don't think they ARE smug and prideful ... so they don't they WILL fall ... as in their minds "god" is the one supporting them and HE is all-powerful.

They are fools to their own follies.

usa

#457285 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They use the bible as their history book. The problem IS, they don't agree on the history that comes from within the same bible.
Religious right-fighters follow their OWN lead and then in turn brag that a god is leading them!
HOJO is someone you can't take seriously because if you notice you posts nothing except the same thing over an over about how he has true history, true, true apostolic church,when you ask for the proof you get the same post all the time,once would I like to see him post some true facts that support the phony b.s. spread by the p/c church.

usa

#457286 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
If today I murdered another human in self defense, I would be a new self TO my self.
I hope that I never have to be put in that position ... but if I do, then I will know the feeling of those to whom it has happened.
Each new happening teaches us that we are not better behaved than our neighbors, and that in light of it all, we are not after all, anything special.
For the most part, we just have to face what comes our way and deal with the emotional and physical aftermath of our own decisions.
The new self is probably not a bit better than the old self ... it simply is what it is.
I was put in that position, may 5th 1987,and your right is does change your life a little bit, but I have no regrets at what I did to the person, I sleep at night.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

#457287 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
My religious affliction lasted most of my life.
But I am thankful that I finally recognized the lies of the theologians that liked nothing more than to keep the masses fighting each other by their divide and conquer methods..
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
Odium theologicum (o di um the o loj ikim)(Lat.). The bitter hatred of rival theologians. No wars so sanguinary as holy wars; no persecutions so relentless as religious persecutions; no hatred so bitter as theological hatred.
You poor fool!
You can't even tell that your worshipping has not stopped, it has only shifted.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#457288 Jun 28, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42
I am not sure of what you mean by early writings.
Most think the Book of Mark,(written by him as a kind of recorder of Peter), makes Peter being an eyewitness. And the Book of Mark records miracles.
Try this on for size...MARK "Jesus who came from Nazareth" Is that not what it says?
A simple [yes] or [no] is all that is needed.
What year was "Mark" said to be written?

usa

#457289 Jun 28, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But Jethro
It can err as any institution run by I.perfect MEN can
And the sooner Catholics whom I BELIEVE to be believed a in Christ as I am..
Can admit to the past..as John Paul did ..The mire authority The Church will have in the eyes if others.
If indeed there has been a resurgence of new and returned Catholics..Imo this can be directly attributed to your last three popes
And their truthfulness and humility..And their call fir unity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologie...
to err is natural, but then to lie about it, make up b.s. stories. not expectable, you talk about the last 3 popes, benny was the main man covering things up, he was in charge of priests behavior, new what was going on, and told everyone under him to stay quiet. He became pope for the only reason it would give him diplomatic immunity and could not be brought to court and testify, he should be now, I see no reason why not.

usa

#457290 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Many people that believed in a devil, came to believe that the devil was IN them.
Observe the popularity of exorcisms in today's churches, and you will see the results of that belief.
http://www.timeslive.co.za/lifestyle/2013/04/...
they need something to blame their meltdowns on, loved the movie was hysterical, best comedy that year.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457291 Jun 28, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"Try this on for size...MARK "Jesus who came from Nazareth" Is that not what it says?
A simple [yes] or [no] is all that is needed.
What year was "Mark" said to be written?

What are you saying?
KM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Gabriel 985,758
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 48 min Doctor Trump 27,079
Why are so many black people so FAT? (Jul '09) 2 hr juliakk 230
Black women hate White men? (Feb '11) 2 hr juliakk 67
make money online. free. easy to start. no cred... (Sep '15) 2 hr juliakk 9
Leftists libs DONT KNOW their own history 4 hr Wake Up 2
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 5 hr Johnny 69
More from around the web