Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News 559,712
The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ. Full Story
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456924 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
Pathological and sociopathic minds have no balance or recognition of "justice" or "conscience"...excep t what is predetermined in it's perversion that their insanity is correct behavior. They live in unrealistic "truths", and behave accordingly abnormal. This "insanity" can be induced...religion borders on this process of misinformation, and mind seduction.
Black Thunder 42:

I am not understanding the flow of your thoughts in a logical manner, but I think I understand your intent(which is to link a pathological and sociopathic mind with religion).

You need to prove the linkage, otherwise, so it seems to me, you have an "undistributed middle" as a formal logical error(fallacy).
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456925 Jun 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
But I thought she was exempt from Original Sin. If not, then she cannot have been sinless. Moreover, it's impossible for a human not to commit sin, because the Bible also has the concept of thought-crimes, which certainly cannot be avoided for an entire lifetime.
Here.

Better than I can explain it. It's long but thorough.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07674d.htm

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#456926 Jun 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering what God said about her in Luke 1, I don't think anything greater could have been said about her. She is "full of grace", no way you can add more grace to someone who's already filled with grace.
So, now your bible has progressed from being "inspired" to the "actual" words of your deity huh?
Why am I not surprised....
There is no doubt that someone is full of something.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456927 Jun 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question or go wash that egg off your face....
So...this teaching of original sin did not come from God...but it is the teaching of Acquinas???????
Oxbow:

I answered already.

You are trying to bifurcate the reasoning here.(False dilemma)

Ducks quack. God did not teach that ducks quack. So for you ducks don't quack.

You state that God doesn't teach original sin.
But if God teaches original sin via/through Acquinas, then God has taught original sin.

By your reasoning. Because God did not teach man to go to the moon. Man cannot go to the moon.

:)

I cannot reason with you at this time.

Location hidden

#456928 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, God operates out of time.
He can do as He wishes when He wishes. He did it in anticipation of the events He knew were to transpire.
Really bad apologetics...
disciple

Temecula, CA

#456929 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the bible is so holy, why did Augustine find in its pages that according to god war is JUST???
The Muslims simply have another name for JUST. Rather than referring to it as "Just war" the Muslims call it "Holy War."
Your religion is no better than Islam. Not ONE bit.
Bloodshed ran in rivers because of religion, and there is no getting around that history. Burning people at the stake ... torture chambers ... imprisonment for not having the "right" beliefs.
If you'd take your nose out of the bible and study some history ... you would be sickened by how people behaved in the name of the same supposed god.
tunnel vision June can not understand any of it because she chooses ignorance before wisdom.
keep your nose in the gutter while I keep mine in the Bible.

Location hidden

#456930 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Recall me telling you she was redeemed at her conception.
You need to "substantiate" that posit if it is to be accepted.
Practice what you preach.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456931 Jun 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
But I thought she was exempt from Original Sin. If not, then she cannot have been sinless. Moreover, it's impossible for a human not to commit sin, because the Bible also has the concept of thought-crimes, which certainly cannot be avoided for an entire lifetime.
I excerpted a section that I hope is pertinent to your question:

'The immunity from original sin was given to Mary by a singular exemption from a universal law through the same merits of Christ, by which other men are cleansed from sin by baptism. Mary needed the redeeming Saviour to obtain this exemption, and to be delivered from the universal necessity and debt (debitum) of being subject to original sin. The person of Mary, in consequence of her origin from Adam, should have been subject to sin, but, being the new Eve who was to be the mother of the new Adam, she was, by the eternal counsel of God and by the merits of Christ, withdrawn from the general law of original sin. Her redemption was the very masterpiece of Christ's redeeming wisdom. He is a greater redeemer who pays the debt that it may not be incurred than he who pays after it has fallen on the debtor.'

Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#456932 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, now your bible has progressed from being "inspired" to the "actual" words of your deity huh?
Why am I not surprised....
There is no doubt that someone is full of something.
When God is quoted in the inspired text, then yes, they are His actual words. If that's a problem for you I suggest you ignore it.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456933 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony substantiated my position on the matter of Communion, and it's not in question, I don't believe, that the contrary position is a Reformation construct, so I'm good.

Thanks
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456934 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When did you change your fore-matt back to the idea that there really is a personal god in existence that loves itty-bitty you???
June:

It is not an "idea" to change.

I would say, after a long depression, and its hard for me to confess, but it was despair to living anymore, that I turned helpless and hopeless to God.

I was in a state of great turmoil and confusion. I tried to "tough it out", to the end, and I reached my end, about a year ago.

I slowly found help and hope in God, not in religion. And I confess, I don't have everything right. But God will help me out.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456935 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were asking RE: Mary-

Here for you as well.

Proof given from scripture, tradition and reason.

Thanks
disciple

Temecula, CA

#456936 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the key word in play for you here is "substantiate".
As in, you need to "substantiate" your claim that Christ was speaking in a "figurative" manner (note the correct spelling here) in the "literal" context that such a notion is contrary to universal Christian belief and practice until the Reformation.
where's the bread?
where's the wine?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456937 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really bad apologetics...
Very concerning if I was in that arena.

I'm not.

Do you have any positions of your own you'd care to expound upon, or are you simply serving an audit function?

Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456938 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Another one from Robert F page 59
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...
It is all so very insane....The question is can we acknowledge are we becoming more sane? Individuals seem to be few and far between to declare such. Unfortunately for me, I know of no one else in my vicinity that can honestly question the insanity of religion that goes on....I am living in the Bible Belt region of the U.S., and thus to keep the peace I must seek elsewhere for discussions on atheism....
Robert
June:

You are reminding me how on the edge of sanity, in an insane world I was.

Its still painful, as it is still so close in time.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456939 Jun 27, 2013
disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
where's the bread?
where's the wine?
I apologize.

I'm not tracking you here.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456940 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Still human, thus requiring salvation.
Mary avoided "thought-crimes".
Salvation is predicated on sin, not humanness. Had Adam never eaten from the tree in Genesis he would not have needed salvation. So Mary's being human doesn't require salvation.

It is impossible to avoid thought-crimes. I don't care how virtuous you are. Didn't Mary have any emotions at all? Was she a robot?
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456941 Jun 27, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
It shines more brightly when one does not think of the darkness.
Self.
NASL

In what you write, I see that hope shines more brightly, though the darkness is not erased.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456942 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I excerpted a section that I hope is pertinent to your question:
'The immunity from original sin was given to Mary by a singular exemption from a universal law through the same merits of Christ, by which other men are cleansed from sin by baptism. Mary needed the redeeming Saviour to obtain this exemption, and to be delivered from the universal necessity and debt (debitum) of being subject to original sin. The person of Mary, in consequence of her origin from Adam, should have been subject to sin, but, being the new Eve who was to be the mother of the new Adam, she was, by the eternal counsel of God and by the merits of Christ, withdrawn from the general law of original sin. Her redemption was the very masterpiece of Christ's redeeming wisdom. He is a greater redeemer who pays the debt that it may not be incurred than he who pays after it has fallen on the debtor.'
"by the eternal counsel of God and by the merits of Christ?" OK, I appreciate your presenting the rationale behind all this (and it is very interesting), where does it say this in the Bible? This is all post-hoc rationalization.

I gotta say, I can see how all this extra-Biblical lore made the Lutherans come up with the concept of "sola scriptuta". I mean, at some point you can just make stuff up ad infinitum.

Location hidden

#456943 Jun 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Thunder 42:
I am not understanding the flow of your thoughts in a logical manner, but I think I understand your intent(which is to link a pathological and sociopathic mind with religion).
You need to prove the linkage, otherwise, so it seems to me, you have an "undistributed middle" as a formal logical error(fallacy).
That is quite simple.
The christian believes in a deity that has NEVER even been seen...is indoctrinated to believe that "miracles" are the signature of "holy" or divine subjects...that Jesus was the result of "magick" interlude...and Jesus ascension is the result of magick or miracle...the christian deity created everything form nothing...the deity resides outside the realm of natural reality and actuality, yet interferes within that natural realm or plane...all of which is contrary to known laws of physics and actuality-ie. impossible.
This is just the very basic and most obvious symptoms of insanity.

THAT is indeed pathological and sociopathic behavioral thinking by an inept mind...or induced delusion.
I haven't even begun to address the atrocious behavior of the deity(sociopathic/narcissistic /pathological)...which christians seem to find no fault with whatsoever.
Whenever the subjugate(s) follows the lead of it's teachings of absurdity, it will commit atrocity.
History is witness to that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Static Charge 775,892
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min preteen girl 605,074
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min EdmondWA 96,750
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 25 min scirocco 37,828
Scientific proof for God's existence 26 min lightbeamrider 12
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 31 min Dr_Zorderz 265,217
Don't Shop At..... 33 min Experienced Shopper 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min lisw 175,685
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr mannibterf 441,787
More from around the web