Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701604 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Quesnel, Canada

#457094 Jun 28, 2013
I really want to know what name applies to that one god in the sky that all the faithful DEMAND serves only them.

I wonder ... if they shout out the wrong name, if the god turns off his receiver and says "You have to use my REAL name, as I don't pay heed to those who won't show respect for ME!"

Religion is really quite humorous ... when it's not used to harm others ... which is a very rare occasion in deed!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#457095 Jun 28, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
OJG posted it and it looked like a creed.
Wondering what church's creed it was.
Do you recognize it as such?
No

Just it looked to me like a statement of beliefs for sure.Nit a prayer like the Creed though

Would like to have the site myself.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457096 Jun 28, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
Oxbow wrote: Is The Eucharist Really Christ's Body and Blood?
NO IT IS NOT...
NEVER WILL BE THE LITERAL BLOOD AND FLESH OF JESUS.
IT IS THE COVENANT/TESTAMENT OF HIS FLESH AND BLOOD...
1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying,
--->This cup is the new testament in my blood:,<--- this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23068423

Maybe they could clone a jesus from the blood spatters from the Turin shroud.but I think a jesus would be deeply distressed of the realities of the total hypocrisy and sheer despotism carried out in his name.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#457097 Jun 28, 2013
Oxbow wrote: Is The Eucharist Really Christ's Body and Blood?
NO IT IS NOT...
NEVER WILL BE THE LITERAL BLOOD AND FLESH OF JESUS.
IT IS THE COVENANT/TESTAMENT OF HIS FLESH AND BLOOD...
1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying,
--->This cup is the new testament in my blood:,<--- this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
1Co_10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the -->communion<-- of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the -->communion<-- of the body of Christ?

COMMUNION DEFINED IN GREEK...as used above in 1 Co 10:16

G2842
&#954;&#959;&#953; &#957;&#969;&#957; &#953;&#769;&#945;
koino&#772;nia
koy-nohn-ee'-ah
From G2844; partnership, that is,(literally) participation, or (social) intercourse, or (pecuniary) benefaction:-(to) communicate (-ation), communion,(contri-), distribution, fellowship.

Warning to you ROMAN CATHOLICS

1Co_10:21 Ye cannot drink --->the cup of the Lord,<--- and

-->the cup of devils:<--

ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

CUP DEFINED IN GREEK

G4221
&#960;&#959;&#964; &#951;&#769;&#961; &#953;&#959;&#957;
pote&#772;rion
pot-ay'-ree-on
Neuter of a derivative of the alternate of G4095; a drinking vessel; by extension the contents thereof, that is, a cupful (draught); figuratively a lot or fate:- cup.

YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS SAY THAT THE CUP OF THE EUCHARIST ....CONTAINS THE LITERAL BLOOD OF JESUS...RIGHT?

QUESTION?

THEN WHAT ....DOES THE CUP OF DEVILS...LITERALLY... CONTAIN...WHAT IS IN THE DEVILS CUP?
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457098 Jun 28, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The investigative committee who looked into this matter found "significant" state collusion in the admission of thousands of women into the institutions.
That's why the taxpayers get to "pick up the bill".
Carbery, Genevieve (5 February 2013). "State had 'significant' role in Magdalene laundry referrals". The Irish Times. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
McDonald, Henry (5 February 2013). "Magdalene laundries: Ireland accepts state guilt in scandal: McAleese report finds police also bore responsibility in 'enslavement' of more than 30,000 women in institutions". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
"Irish PM says 'sorry' to laundries victims: Apology follows release of report blaming state for sending women and girls to work like "slaves at Magdalene Laundries". Al Jazeera. 5 February 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
Harrison, Shane (5 February 2013). "Irish PM: Magdalene laundries product of harsh Ireland". BBC News. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
The Irish government was without doubt complicit in such horrendous crimes,but why should tax payers who had nothing to to with the depravity fork out for the crimes of the catholic church?
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457099 Jun 28, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The state colluded to a significant degree, thus they get the bill.
Carbery, Genevieve (5 February 2013). "State had 'significant' role in Magdalene laundry referrals". The Irish Times. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
McDonald, Henry (5 February 2013). "Magdalene laundries: Ireland accepts state guilt in scandal: McAleese report finds police also bore responsibility in 'enslavement' of more than 30,000 women in institutions". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
"Irish PM says 'sorry' to laundries victims: Apology follows release of report blaming state for sending women and girls to work like "slaves at Magdalene Laundries". Al Jazeera. 5 February 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
Harrison, Shane (5 February 2013). "Irish PM: Magdalene laundries product of harsh Ireland". BBC News. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
It is typical of the catholic sycophants to try and defend the indefensible.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#457100 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
1Co_10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the -->communion<-- of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the -->communion<-- of the body of Christ?
COMMUNION DEFINED IN GREEK...as used above in 1 Co 10:16
G2842
&#954;&#959;&#953; &#957;&#969;&#957; &#953;&#769;&#945;
koino&#772;nia
koy-nohn-ee'-ah
From G2844; partnership, that is,(literally) participation, or (social) intercourse, or (pecuniary) benefaction:-(to) communicate (-ation), communion,(contri-), distribution, fellowship.
Warning to you ROMAN CATHOLICS
1Co_10:21 Ye cannot drink --->the cup of the Lord,<--- and
-->the cup of devils:<--
ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
CUP DEFINED IN GREEK
G4221
&#960;&#959;&#964; &#951;&#769;&#961; &#953;&#959;&#957;
pote&#772;rion
pot-ay'-ree-on
Neuter of a derivative of the alternate of G4095; a drinking vessel; by extension the contents thereof, that is, a cupful (draught); figuratively a lot or fate:- cup.
YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS SAY THAT THE CUP OF THE EUCHARIST ....CONTAINS THE LITERAL BLOOD OF JESUS...RIGHT?
QUESTION?
THEN WHAT ....DOES THE CUP OF DEVILS...LITERALLY... CONTAIN...WHAT IS IN THE DEVILS CUP?
Communion means "the act or an instance of sharing" or as above "participation". If your bread and grape juice is just bread and grape juice you're communing or "participating" with bread and grape juice. If it's Christ's body and blood (it's not in protestantism) you're communing or "participating" in Christ's body and blood. If it's just a symbol, all you're getting is a symbol, it's not the real thing.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#457101 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Irish government was without doubt complicit in such horrendous crimes,but why should tax payers who had nothing to to with the depravity fork out for the crimes of the catholic church?
Because the "Irish government was without doubt complicit".

That's why they're paying. The government is liable, and their source of funds is tax revenue.

That's the way it goes sometimes.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457102 Jun 28, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The state colluded to a significant degree, thus they get the bill.
Do you think that the catholic church should have exemption from paying compensation to its countless abuse victims?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#457103 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
It is typical of the catholic sycophants to try and defend the indefensible.
Who's defending it?

You asked why the state was on the hook and I showed you why.

Facts are what they are, even if they wreck your message board argument.

Buck up.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457104 Jun 28, 2013
A scenario of an afterlife

Preacher of religion dies on earth and his soul reaches the pearly gates.

I am HERE heavenly father. I in devout faith preached your holy words on earth and I am here for my rewards.

God ... "What rewards do you expect? Do you see those HAPPY souls over there? They were homosexuals on earth, and you preached that I would send them to hell to be burned for eternity. They believed what you preached in my name, so they lost their wills to live and committed suicide.

"But God ... I was just preaching what you inspired men to write in your bible! I was certain I was pleasing you."

"You were warned that those words were lies, and you paid no heed!"

"BUT ... BUT ... BUT ... will I not receive rewards?"

"OH indeed my child ... you WILL receive your JUST rewards. What you sowed, you shall reap."

"THAT doesn't sound 'GOOD!!!'"

"Well, neither did your flamboyant reckless words on earth sound GOOD to homosexuals."

"So what IS my fate?"

"You believed in hellfire and damnation for others. What do YOU think is your fate?"

"NO ... NO ... NO ... PLEASE ... HAVE MERCY DEAR GOD ... I LOVED YOU AND WORSHIPPED YOU AND GAVE YOU MY ALL."

#457105 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they could clone a jesus from the blood spatters from the Turin shroud.but I think a jesus would be deeply distressed of the realities of the total hypocrisy and sheer despotism carried out in his name.
~~~

THIS MAY SURPRISE YOU...

BUT THOSE THAT ARE REAL CHRISTIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A SPIRITUAL CLONE OF JESUS...

THE SUPPOSED TO BORN AGAIN OF HIS SPIRIT

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

A SON OF GOD...

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS

2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become

TO HAVE EXPERIENCED CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART..

Rom_2:29 ..... and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

a FELLOW CITIZEN WITH THE SAINTS

Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD

Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

A SPIRITUAL CLONE OF JESUS...YES
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457106 Jun 28, 2013
Atheist Silurist wrote:
<quoted text>
The real name of all religious myths created by humans is "SCAM."

Preachers of religion are in "LOVE" with their own words that spread nothing but lies to and fro ... as they go.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457107 Jun 28, 2013
dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The investigative committee who looked into this matter found "significant" state collusion in the admission of thousands of women into the institutions.
That's why the taxpayers get to "pick up the bill".
Justice Minister Alan Shatter told the Dáil the Government, survivors of the laundries and the wider public “expect” those who ran the institutions to pay to compensate the women who suffered in their care. Mr Shatter’s challenge comes as two of the orders have told the Government they will not be contributing any money towards the Quirke redress scheme, expected to cost between €34m and €58m.

The Irish Examiner understands from sources that both the Sisters of Mercy and the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity of Refuge told the Government in advance of the Quirke Report being published on Wednesday, they would not be contributing money to the compensation fund.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/governme...

It's obvious they care not the slightest for the victims of their disgusting abuse,they only care about saving themselves money. Any person that give cash to these institutions are either without conscience or are just plain stupid.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457108 Jun 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the "Irish government was without doubt complicit".
That's why they're paying. The government is liable, and their source of funds is tax revenue.
That's the way it goes sometimes.
Do you think the catholic church is also liable? they were the ones that were doing the abusing.
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457109 Jun 28, 2013
I wonder, if there just happens to be an afterlife, what this vile preacher of words (when he was on earth) is now reaping?

The popular television evangelist reverend Jerry Falwell, who supported President Bush, made the following statement (verbatim)…“But you got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I’m for the President … chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them away, in the name of the Lord.”
June VanDerMark

Quesnel, Canada

#457110 Jun 28, 2013
I am thankful that when I studied the bible I never let it go to my head that I was special. I never used the words in that book to harm another by preaching that I would be saved and they would burn in hell.

For THAT, I am VERY thankful.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457111 Jun 28, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THIS MAY SURPRISE YOU...
BUT THOSE THAT ARE REAL CHRISTIANS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A SPIRITUAL CLONE OF JESUS...
THE SUPPOSED TO BORN AGAIN OF HIS SPIRIT
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
A SON OF GOD...
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
A NEW CREATURE IN CHRIST JESUS
2Co_5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become
TO HAVE EXPERIENCED CIRCUMCISION OF THE HEART..
Rom_2:29 ..... and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
a FELLOW CITIZEN WITH THE SAINTS
Eph_2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD
Rom_8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
A SPIRITUAL CLONE OF JESUS...YES
Yeah,but that's just a load of bollocks,isn't it?

You are right about one thing,I am surprised,surprised how totally inane religious scripture is.

#457112 Jun 28, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Communion means "the act or an instance of sharing" or as above "participation". If your bread and grape juice is just bread and grape juice you're communing or "participating" with bread and grape juice. If it's Christ's body and blood (it's not in protestantism) you're communing or "participating" in Christ's body and blood. If it's just a symbol, all you're getting is a symbol, it's not the real thing.
~~~
WHAT YOU ARE ACTUALLY POSTING IS

IN YOUR BLOODLESS EUCHARIST

YOU HAVE NOT COMMUNION WITH CHRIST.....

AND YOU ARE ETERNALLY LOST...

Heb_9:22 without shedding of blood is no remission.

WE EVANGELICALS ACCEPT THE SACRIFICE OF THE BODY OF CHRIST (ON CALVARY'S TREE) ONCE AND FOR ALL AS OUR REMISSION ...

WE DO NOT CONTINUALLY OFFER HIM AS YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS DO..

Heb_9:28 So Christ was...ONCE ...offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

WE BELIEVE THAT
Heb_10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Atheist Silurist

Manchester, UK

#457113 Jun 28, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
I wonder, if there just happens to be an afterlife, what this vile preacher of words (when he was on earth) is now reaping?
The popular television evangelist reverend Jerry Falwell, who supported President Bush, made the following statement (verbatim)…“But you got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops and I’m for the President … chase them all over the world, if it takes ten years, blow them away, in the name of the Lord.”
killing is never done with such conviction when it is done in the name of god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 8 min Rednek 80,247
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,403
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Sammy 995,788
I'm ON BOARD: James Harden for NBA MVP 4 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Why does Draymond Green act like such a BLEEP! ... 4 hr Doctor REALITY 10
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 4 hr Doctor REALITY 44
Heros of the Simpson criminal trial 4 hr Doctor REALITY 53