Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 590367 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#456799 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Until the end of time.
He said so.
....and Mrs. GIF was weighing in on the Schism, not the Reformation.
THE PAST IS MOOT

GOD IS WEIGHING IN ON THE SINS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY

AND ESPECIALLY HOW ITS SINS OF IDOLATRY HAS IMPACTED/CONTAMINATED THE

EARTH...

BRINGING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY....LESBIANISM AND REPROBATE MINDS

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness,
fornication,
wickedness,
covetousness,
maliciousness;
full of envy,
murder,
debate,
deceit, malignity;
whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters,
haters of God,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Location hidden

#456800 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28.
Still.
Brilliant!!!!

Lu 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Show me the definition of any of the words in that verse that shows as a definition/s for: Immaculate conception.....sinless state... sinless life.

Plus your NABre shows the following as companion verses..

m.[1:28] Jgs 6:12; Ru 2:4;

Jg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

So...if Lu 1:28 teaches Mary was sinless, then Gideon was also sinless!!!!

Ru 2:4 ¶ And, behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said unto the reapers, The LORD be with you. And they answered him, The LORD bless thee.

And....the reapers were also sinless!!!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#456801 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are no different than any other life on this planet....."
"We as human beings are critical thinkers, with the ability to manipulate Alchemy, and each other".
Other than the ability for critical thinking, we're no different from any life on the planet.
Seems like a pretty big difference.
Is it, are we not always trying to replicate life, stem cell research, nano-biology, science, this is what critical thinking has taken thousands of yrs to evolve too. But biologically ,like everything else on this planet we still need the basic elements to survive, we need clean air, clean water, and a clean atmosphere to exist. Remove one of those elements, and all the critical thinking and manipulation of Alchemy is all for not.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456802 Jun 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
You are obscuring a false dilemma here. Your "if/then" is more an "either/or"....
Yes, it is. That's what I'm saying. I'm waiting for you to demonstrate that it's otherwise.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#456803 Jun 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Black Thunder 42"
Where exactly do you think the NT came from?
Do you think the bigotry is any less? She/he has already stated the others are infidels...that is all I need to assess judgement of such an individual.
If you hold the same type of thinking, I will judge you as a bigoted hypocritical individual also.
Suppose you show me where I judged anyone?
Your judgment of me means nothing.
Aren't you being a 'bigoted hypocritical individual' here?
KayMarie
Review your posts. Every one is judging others.
You don't like receiving the same treatment you shower on others do you?

#456804 Jun 27, 2013
who="Dan"
Here.
Some actual information, so you can actually make an informed reply.
It's Wikipedia, but fully cited.

Thanks.
KM

San Francisco

#456805 Jun 27, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask great questions and are respectful for an Atheist.
Thanks. That is my intention.
I think Abrahamic religions all agree that God is outside of space and time. Our reality of hours, days and yrs are for us only. God invented them, and He is not bound by em. The Catholic Church teaches that God's ways are a mystery and we simply cannot grasp the wonder.
When He created this all, it was in one swoop. So yes, He knows all. Hitler was born and God knew what this man would do. But God didn't hold back His Spirit and allowed Hitler and only Hitler to make the choice himself.
Either way, its still free will on Hitlers part.
Putting God outside of time doesn't solve the problem, unless you are trying to give God free will. Humans are not outside of time, and therefore in our linear existence if our futures can be foreseen, then we cannot do otherwise, can we?

So to take the Hitler example, if God knew before Hitler's birth what Hitler would do, then how could Hitler have done otherwise? That would have proved God wrong, right?

Furthermore, and somewhat off-topic to the free-will discussion, God let Hitler be born and do the things he did with impunity, with nary a concern for all of Hitler's victims. That's not very benevolent, is it? Indeed, as an omnipotent deity, God created Hitler's destiny; God doesn't just know the future, God necessarily created it too. Unless some outside agency did. In which case God would no longer be omnipotent.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#456806 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
My "belief" in informed arguments?
All people believe their own stance in arguments ARE informed, or they would not BE arguing.

If you had been raised as a Buddhist, you would be arguing from the viewpoint of Buddhism ... or at least one of it's many morphed forms OF Buddhism.

Location hidden

#456807 Jun 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AND WHO gave us the free will to choose Him or reject any notion of Him? It is quite obvious that in man's both attempt of faith and denial the very reality of G o d exists,as to your denial is substantially the very reason He exists in abundance and power.Your denial supports every opposite argument to the affirmative,He exists!
My friend, if you study the history of human religion, you will see the common denominator, of Astronomy.Religion is nothing more than a mythology derived from Astronomy, a means to keep track of the solstices, for agricultural needs. This is apparent in every religion in all parts of the globe at different times of our human history. It is the fear and brutality of the last 2000yrs or so of Christianity, which has manipulated the fear of god into man physiologically. It is a barbaric practice, with no responsibility for ones actions.

Location hidden

#456808 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, following your "logic" here, you've just made being "born again" in Christ unnecessary, as you've declared us "in Christ" simply by virtue of being born.
Nice one. Is this a new theology you've come up with here?
"Oxism"?
If you were at least semiconscious you would know that you are not even in the state where this ball game is being played!!!!!
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#456809 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to many of the "knowing ones" a person can be a regular pain in the ass to others all his/her life and as long as one moment before death the person turns over a new leaf and "believes" ... that person will have eternal bliss in a hereafter.
Now THAT is a deal that no one wants to "pass on."
Silly people believe silly religious dogmas.
The wrath of God is upon Canada right now as we speak. Pay heed to the world floods that are here and in your country.

Here's a great shot for you:

http://www.spiritdaily.com/grottowater2.jpg

False gods! Bye bye!

#456810 Jun 27, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
Well, you have a right to your belief. I just don't agree.
I perceive that without biblical scriptures on which to reLIE, you preachers would be comparable to limp soggy noodles.
It's your right-fighting goals that make you feel powerful.

And your 'fighting the right' goal makes YOU feel powerful.
He who laughs last, laughs best.
KM
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#456811 Jun 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then what did He turn it into? lol
"this is My body"..."this is My blood"

Calling Jesus a liar while you lol is not something I'd be very proud of.
ReginaM

Toms River, NJ

#456812 Jun 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
RobertF is a nice person,from what I have gathered,now he chooses to deny what he once believed,and he has that choice.I do not believe Robert F will become fanatical about atheism,as he was not fanatical as a believer either.But the truth be known,Robert F will not end his inner struggle by denying the Very God he has yet to either receive wholeheartedly,or now to reject.The struggle will be intense at times for him,it will bother him,and affect his relationships with others.
Dan -- Robert is NOT an atheist. The posts you've been reading were from years ago and were dredged up out of spite.

A grave injustice has been done to Robert.

How many others like yourself will MIS-read those old posts and come to a false conclusion as you have about Robert?

To her credit, June has apologized and set the record straight. The other who is attempting to demean Robert will likely continue in his evil. As you said, Robert is a kind and intelligent person (no matter what his beliefs), so it's not surprising that satan in his jealousy is attacking him.
truthprevails

Duluth, GA

#456813 Jun 27, 2013
Alberta flooding forces shut down of Canada's largest beef plant

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/alberta-floodi...

Alberta’s worst flood in history risks knocking Canadian economy off course

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/06/26/...

"But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." Our Lord Jesus Christ

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#456814 Jun 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AND WHO gave us the free will to choose Him or reject any notion of Him?
The first theologians that created religion gave others the free will to believe in the idea whether or not the many gods and goddesses existed, or were just figments of human imagination.

For a long while I chose to put faith in the words of theologians. However that is no longer the case.

In both cases concerning my belief, I was using my free will. Not the will attached to a god ... but the will similar to every other living form of life on planet earth.

The only difference IS, that other animals are not infected with religion that bloats up their egos, as occurs with humans.

#456815 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Review your posts. Every one is judging others.
You don't like receiving the same treatment you shower on others do you?
~~~
YOU ARE GETTING KAY MARIE'S POST MIXED UP WITH MINE...
SHE SIGNS HERS POST
I DON'T.

Location hidden

#456816 Jun 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"]040
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
You quoted this Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin...based on "For as in Adam all die"
Following that logic, it can also be said that at birth all human beings are made alive...based on " even so in Christ shall all be made alive"....which cancels the original sin you say all human beings are guilty of at birth!!!!!
When you can show me ONE person who is absolutely sinless, I will be ready to hear your 'logic'.
Even tiny infants exhibit temper tantrums and rebellion. Have YOU never said a mean thing to anyone?(Yes, that is sin.) Have you never told a half-truth? Certainly YOU have never told a lie...or coveted something that belonged to someone else?
"There is none that sinneth not, no, not one." "For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
KayMarie
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China????

The discussion is about original sin or the lack thereof!!!!!!

#456817 Jun 27, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
Not in your deity.
You worship a lesser god.

There is none greater than the One I worship...in fact He is the ONLY REAL GOD.
I assume you worship yourself?

KM

San Francisco

#456818 Jun 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
You have probably heard, "Hail Mary, full of grace...."It comes from Luke 1:28, in the angels greeting. But the phrase "full of grace" from the Greek, is a poor translation. The Greek word is kecharitomene. It is a perfect passive participle. So it means that grace was always, is now, and will always be present. It is that grace, which makes her sinless from the time of conception.
Prayers to saints, are simply asking prayers from a righteous person. James 5:16....The prayers of a righteous person availeth much.
Catholics are in communion with both those yet born, with the living, and those who are dead in Christ. So though we may not see them living, we are connected eternally as one Body, in Christ, with Jesus as the Head.
Grace is not at all the same thing as sinlessness or perfect. It seems to me that the passage in Luke was simply referring to the fact that Mary was lucky enough to be chosen as Jesus' mother, and was very virtuous, but not perfect. If Mary was sinless, why not simply say so clearly? And moreover, again, if Anne wasn't sinless, then Mary would have "inherited" Original Sin (another Catholic concept that has problems of it's own, scriptually and morally) as every other human did too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 6 min prasad 98
BOSCH Kemer CONTRY Göktürk ( 342 OO 24 ) Bosch ... 11 min boschbsg22 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Tide with Beach 839,249
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 14 min ChristineM 443,189
ISTANBUL CADDESI BOSCH ( 342 00 24 ) Servisi BO... 14 min boschbsg22 1
AKATLAR BOSCH Servis (O212) 342 OO 24 ) BOSCH A... 21 min boschbsg22 1
BOSCH ULUS SERVISI Tel (O2I2) ( 342 OO 24 ) BOS... 23 min boschbsg22 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Tony17 100,016
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 hr dollarsbill 4,477
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr who 271,353