Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603760 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

jake540

Atlanta, GA

#456784 Jun 27, 2013
Obama so boldly stated, "I will not force churches to marry gays". One thing I know for sure, Obama will NEVER force the Roman Catholic church to.marry gays. Dream on, Mr. President, close your eyes & dream some more.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456785 Jun 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
EVERY ONE KNOWS WHAT BROUGHT ABOUT THE REFORMATION BUT YOU ROMAN CATHOLICS...
God attempted bring about a revival ....to steer the Roman Catholic Church back to the Bible and truth...
You infidels rejected it...because you were too deeply embedded in your
Carnal minded domineering power hungry paganistic attitudes.
Remember this ...
God said
Gen_6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
God shortened mans days on earth because of sin.
JUST HOW MUCH LONGER (DO YOU THINK)HE WILL PUT UP WITH THE Roman catholic CHURCH
Until the end of time.

He said so.

....and Mrs. GIF was weighing in on the Schism, not the Reformation.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#456786 Jun 27, 2013
When I searched for Robert's old belief of Atheism, I have to admit it was to belittle Robert. And it was also to make a point that from my perspective "belief" is not ALL THAT.

I now perceive that Robert is a kind person, in a struggle to find a belief that fits for him.

The fact that I referred to him as a pompous ass was MY problem ... not his!

I became frustrated with all his changes ... until I had a good laugh at my own changes.

I was in religion when he was an Atheist ... and now I am an Atheist and he is in religion.

Now THAT to me is darned FUNNY!!!

If there is a creator, aside from being downright cruel, it must also have a sense of humor ... as it knew this scenario was going to occur.

:)

My apologies Robert F. I now see you through a different point of view.

The onus was on me.

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

#456787 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant blather isn't "argument". It's just blather.
"X is just like Y. I don't know what X IS, but it's just like Y".
Super job by KM.
Well, you have a right to your belief. I just don't agree.

I perceive that without biblical scriptures on which to reLIE, you preachers would be comparable to limp soggy noodles.

It's your right-fighting goals that make you feel powerful.
truth

Perth, Australia

#456788 Jun 27, 2013
they told you wisdom is good..
then
explain
Did you see what is front of your eye?

Its not say on very nice way..yes and no..depend what you think and how you think..then others is some thinking as well you can't act toward other as double minded=explain word=multiplay.
now

nos..n;os

please tell me about nos..
2.5 cm with two hole on edge but going up within mind=eyes stay very close as ..looking down as piramide..see
see words
piramid
p irammari iddi 'id'

if you estimated as % tray /\ where are you put circle for your eye n;osso;n or nos to nos
or son to son aei left ou sun to sun
why 25 2.5 2552
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456789 Jun 27, 2013
jake540 wrote:
Obama so boldly stated, "I will not force churches to marry gays". One thing I know for sure, Obama will NEVER force the Roman Catholic church to.marry gays. Dream on, Mr. President, close your eyes & dream some more.
Someone's going to file a suit on this, and soon.

A SSA couple in a state that allows SSM will ask to be married in a Catholic Church, be turned down, and sue.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456790 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you have a right to your belief. I just don't agree.
I perceive that without biblical scriptures on which to reLIE, you preachers would be comparable to limp soggy noodles.
It's your right-fighting goals that make you feel powerful.
My "belief" in informed arguments?

That's the "belief" I expressed in my post, Pavlov's Dog June.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#456791 Jun 27, 2013
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS NOT GODS KINGDOM; THIS EARTH IS THE KINGDOM OF EVIL; satan is the god of the dead;
WE ARE PILGRAMS ON A JOURNEY HOME.
EVIL RULES HERE IN THIS WORLD. THE WORSE IT GETS THE CLOSER TO JESUS' RETURN.
I KNOW IN MY HEART MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE LORD; WILL JOIN ME WHEN I SAY "COME LORD JESUS COME".
My friend , no offense, but that is complete rubbish.We are no different than any other life on this planet, indeed our very existence is because of the diversity and abundance of life on this planet.We as human beings are critical thinkers, with the ability to manipulate Alchemy, and each other. We are just manipulators of our environment.If you want to know the reason why life on this planet is the way it is, than you just have to look at the Sun. Then the Sun which our solar system revolves around in our Galaxy , then the larger star in which our Galaxy revolves around,and then even that star may only be one of trillions of other Universes.Almost like the molecular structure of a gene in the human body, or a live neuron in the brain.And like all other life in the Universe and this planet, it dies, sometimes naturally or some kind of tragedy, point is when we die, that is it, there is no other place our consciousness goes, that is an absurd philosophy, one only an arrogant human can come up with. So wouldn't it be more useful, if we all just started living and enjoying the life we all have, to better respect and maintain the diversity of life on this planet, the only home we have ever known.

Location hidden

#456792 Jun 27, 2013
Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there-on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.”
&#8213; Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space
Pad

Rockford, IL

#456793 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
Religion is based on superstition. Some of it is weird, and some of it is just plain corny.
A god will take wonderful ME to heaven, and shove you down the chute to eternal torment.
It's one thing for little children to believe such nonsense ... but adults that cling to such stupidity really need to wake up and smell the coffee.
Your coffee has been setting too long on the counter June,it smells stale,and gives a digestive onslaught when imbibed.

How have you been? I see that you have invited several more atheists to take over this forum.Black Thunder,wildrider(he has been on here often),oneear?humanbeing,Cowbo y states that RobertF has gone over to Atheism,I read those posts as well.I read every page to the end of this forum. Very interesting.Not one of you atheists or agnostics gave us believers a substantial reason why we should forsake our religious faiths.Is there something in this life according to Unbelief that will clearly give us a direction as to how to live morally and respectfully without the help of a Deity?

Are you a perfect being?What are you going to do when lawless people take over and demand all of your possessions,and perhaps even your life? Hypothetical question,but it has more than a life time of meaning.

If atheism is really the answer,than how is it that religion survived the greatest tests in Soviet Russia and China in the past 80 years?No system has worked harder at destroying religion than the Soviet and Sino Communists.You atheists here on this formum have no clue as to the dialectical diatribe of the Communists with their power to incarcerate and kill the practitioners of religion in their perspective countries. Religion still exists and is even more intense a s a viable force in the two largest Communist dominions of former Soviet Russia,and CHINA.

Make all of your comments,come up with every sin and error of religion,every so-called myth,and every reason why you personally cannot believe,and still it does not counter"Be still and Know that I Am God." Millions have died for Him,and have suffered in many ways for Him.But that still is not the reason to believe,as to believe is to know why you are who you are,and that being created beings,we will never be truly fulfilled unless we encounter Him.

Myth?Non-truth? that is your counter,but to those of us who have experienced Him,and His fullfilling love,it is not a myth. Healing would not suffice for many of you,because the mindset of wanting to be free of any Deity reigns supreme in your psyche.You are destined to your own course of being self-made Entities of the greater god-humanism,S e l f worship,self worth,self pride.All about who and what you are,in your own estimation.The struggle W E all have as created beings.You are not alone June,blackthunder and so on,we all are in the same boat,dealing with this life,and a world that is heading toward many clashes with both nature and human limitations.

We all have to deal with the beligerant nature of our humanity,and you all have yet to know what can be in store for you from day to day.No one knows their fate,or what daily can visit your door step.Faith in God is more than any fix of drug or passifier.We may all be nuts who are religious,but we are screwed onto the right BOLT,YES,there is a GOD,and your temporary denial of such will not erase or eradicate His Existence!

I am very busy,so I do not have everyday to come on here,and argue.I do respect your opinion more than you know!have a good day,We all want to enjoy our lives,loved ones and friends so on and so forth.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#456794 Jun 27, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
BTW -- you have already referred to others as "infidel". That is all I need to know about you as far as "dispicability is concerned.
The dictionary says that an infidel is:
A disbelieving person.
One who is faithless.
An unbelieving person.
Did I miss it? Are you a believer?
KayMarie
Not in your deity.
You worship a lesser god.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456795 Jun 27, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend , no offense, but that is complete rubbish.We are no different than any other life on this planet, indeed our very existence is because of the diversity and abundance of life on this planet.We as human beings are critical thinkers, with the ability to manipulate Alchemy, and each other. We are just manipulators of our environment.If you want to know the reason why life on this planet is the way it is, than you just have to look at the Sun. Then the Sun which our solar system revolves around in our Galaxy , then the larger star in which our Galaxy revolves around,and then even that star may only be one of trillions of other Universes.Almost like the molecular structure of a gene in the human body, or a live neuron in the brain.And like all other life in the Universe and this planet, it dies, sometimes naturally or some kind of tragedy, point is when we die, that is it, there is no other place our consciousness goes, that is an absurd philosophy, one only an arrogant human can come up with. So wouldn't it be more useful, if we all just started living and enjoying the life we all have, to better respect and maintain the diversity of life on this planet, the only home we have ever known.
"We are no different than any other life on this planet....."
"We as human beings are critical thinkers, with the ability to manipulate Alchemy, and each other".

Other than the ability for critical thinking, we're no different from any life on the planet.

Seems like a pretty big difference.

Location hidden

#456796 Jun 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>Your coffee has been setting too long on the counter June,it smells stale,and gives a digestive onslaught when imbibed.
How have you been? I see that you have invited several more atheists to take over this forum.Black Thunder,wildrider(he has been on here often),oneear?humanbeing,Cowbo y states that RobertF has gone over to Atheism,I read those posts as well.I read every page to the end of this forum. Very interesting.
I don't think we have to look far to see the social and environmental destruction, religion and capitalism has done to the life on this planet.Both are redundant in the 21 st century,

Location hidden

#456797 Jun 27, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
Have your deity "smite" me then. I will challenge it's existence this very day, and am more than willing to do battle with it. If it shows up, I will destroy it with no problem. Bring it on...
You religionist bigots are beginning to become unbearable with your threats of damnation. I am left with little choice but to directly challenge your deity over your rhetoric and accusations, so let us get down to the business of actuality.
YES! I am willing to bet my life that your deity doesn't even exist...or if it does, I can beat it. After all, it couldn't even compete with "iron chariots".
What will you say about your deity when it will not even rise to the occasion.
I will call it a complete coward...and you a fool for even believing in such a coward...or it is all fabricated and make believe...take your choice.
I have made NO 'threats of damnation' against you. I do believe there is a hell in the earth. Have you never watched a National Geographic documentary on volcano's, that shows a RIVER OF FIRE running out of the earth?
My God drowned Pharoah's whole army IN THEIR IRON CHARIOTS, and the wheels have recently been found in the Red Sea.
Judges 4:13 And Sisera gathered together all his chariots, even nine hundred chariots of iron, and all the people that were with him, from Harosheth of the Gentiles unto the river of Kishon.
Jdg 4:14 And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the LORD hath delivered Sisera into thine hand: is not the LORD gone out before thee? So Barak went down from mount Tabor, and ten thousand men after him.
Jdg 4:15 And the LORD discomfited Sisera, and ALL his chariots (all 900 of them), and all his host, with the edge of the sword before Barak; so that Sisera lighted down off his chariot, and fled away on his feet.
Jdg 4:16 But Barak pursued after the chariots, and after the host, unto Harosheth of the Gentiles: and all the host of Sisera fell upon the edge of the sword; and there was not a man left.
KayMarie
The Hudson river is full of cars and boats too. did your deity swallow them up too?
You are beginning to sound like a Wyatt creation nut.
Why is there no record of the "exodus" anywhere except the bible.
Over 600,000 people wandering around in a 200 mile wide desert for 40 years would surely have left evidence, yet there is none...the whole thing is fabricated.
Pad

Rockford, IL

#456798 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
When Robert F was an Atheist, if a creator exists, could he insult the creator simply by not believing in it's existence?
My guess is ... that couldn't occur.
A creator with strong self-esteem would need no praise, no recognition, no groveling from humans ... no ties whatsoever.
Free will means to cut all ties ... period.
"I created you, and now you are on your own. Live with it!"
My guess is ... Robert was as valuable as an Atheist as he is as a Catholic.
Isn't it NICE that free will allows us to value "EACH OTHER" as equals?
tongue in cheek
AND WHO gave us the free will to choose Him or reject any notion of Him? It is quite obvious that in man's both attempt of faith and denial the very reality of G o d exists,as to your denial is substantially the very reason He exists in abundance and power.Your denial supports every opposite argument to the affirmative,He exists,He is present,He is ALL in all.

RobertF is a nice person,from what I have gathered,now he chooses to deny what he once believed,and he has that choice.I do not believe Robert F will become fanatical about atheism,as he was not fanatical as a believer either.But the truth be known,Robert F will not end his inner struggle by denying the Very God he has yet to either receive wholeheartedly,or now to reject.The struggle will be intense at times for him,it will bother him,and affect his relationships with others.But the truth is,he cannot materialize God by faith,or eradicate Him by unbelief.GOD is who He is,omnipresent,and omniscient.We human beings have no power to destroy what has been with no beginning,although He says He is the beginning and the END. The End will prove more to each and everyone of you that all of your denial was whipped cream for your own desert,and was digested quickly in your system,maybe it caused a few clogs in your arteries.

We can shout to the sky that God does not exist all day,and that will not solve anything,nor change one ion of the atmosphere.You have an opinion,and that is fine for you dear lady,but the whole picture does not rest in you.Oh for the multitude of times that God has given me touches of Himself,to give all that up for a brief moment of atheism(total freedom from the MINDSET of a Creator)is more than suicide! "How blessed are the feet of those who publish good news" God is the best news there is,and He established a kingdom,whether He chooses to extend limbs or not,He has given the greatest miracles of the human S o u l,and spirit,that brings human beings to elevations beyond any substance known to man.Bye for now,June,hope the best for you and your loved ones!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#456799 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Until the end of time.
He said so.
....and Mrs. GIF was weighing in on the Schism, not the Reformation.
THE PAST IS MOOT

GOD IS WEIGHING IN ON THE SINS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SOCIETY

AND ESPECIALLY HOW ITS SINS OF IDOLATRY HAS IMPACTED/CONTAMINATED THE

EARTH...

BRINGING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY....LESBIANISM AND REPROBATE MINDS

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness,
fornication,
wickedness,
covetousness,
maliciousness;
full of envy,
murder,
debate,
deceit, malignity;
whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters,
haters of God,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful:

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456800 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28.
Still.
Brilliant!!!!

Lu 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

Show me the definition of any of the words in that verse that shows as a definition/s for: Immaculate conception.....sinless state... sinless life.

Plus your NABre shows the following as companion verses..

m.[1:28] Jgs 6:12; Ru 2:4;

Jg 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.

So...if Lu 1:28 teaches Mary was sinless, then Gideon was also sinless!!!!

Ru 2:4 ¶ And, behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said unto the reapers, The LORD be with you. And they answered him, The LORD bless thee.

And....the reapers were also sinless!!!!

Location hidden

#456801 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are no different than any other life on this planet....."
"We as human beings are critical thinkers, with the ability to manipulate Alchemy, and each other".
Other than the ability for critical thinking, we're no different from any life on the planet.
Seems like a pretty big difference.
Is it, are we not always trying to replicate life, stem cell research, nano-biology, science, this is what critical thinking has taken thousands of yrs to evolve too. But biologically ,like everything else on this planet we still need the basic elements to survive, we need clean air, clean water, and a clean atmosphere to exist. Remove one of those elements, and all the critical thinking and manipulation of Alchemy is all for not.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456802 Jun 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
You are obscuring a false dilemma here. Your "if/then" is more an "either/or"....
Yes, it is. That's what I'm saying. I'm waiting for you to demonstrate that it's otherwise.

Location hidden

#456803 Jun 27, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
Where exactly do you think the NT came from?
Do you think the bigotry is any less? She/he has already stated the others are infidels...that is all I need to assess judgement of such an individual.
If you hold the same type of thinking, I will judge you as a bigoted hypocritical individual also.
Suppose you show me where I judged anyone?
Your judgment of me means nothing.
Aren't you being a 'bigoted hypocritical individual' here?
KayMarie
Review your posts. Every one is judging others.
You don't like receiving the same treatment you shower on others do you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 1 min Critical Eye 4,139
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Critical Eye 881,535
I need an urgent loan in the next hour (Oct '13) 8 min nelly 16
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 17 min princeofdarknessi... 8,394
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 36 min sisank 587
You want REAL PROOF that God is REAL??! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 9
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr sangili karuppan 7,700
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 hr Freebird USA 177,902
More from around the web