Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
440,621 - 440,640 of 532,798 Comments Last updated 18 min ago
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456721
Jun 26, 2013
 
Disciple wrote:
Refresher.
The pope; "even the atheist has been redeemed with the blood f Christ"
http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2013/05/22/po...
heard this here the other day said by cc,'in the last days they will flock to the cc for instruction.'
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456722
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

The very very last days.

“Greatest Love”

Since: Aug 08

For His Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456723
Jun 26, 2013
 
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I probably should have picked another (more fitted) poster to address that to, but it is quite obvious that most cristers use their book to bash anyone who is not in the cult sect... and their hatred is without question.
Our society as a whole is in the best condition it has ever been in in the history of mankind...since the advent of Abrahamism. The Romans and the Cathaholic aversion has put us into the dark ages and we still have not recovered fully. It is a detriment to mankind and civilization.
I hate to break this to you but it was people wanting freedom to worship FREELY who settled here from Europe. Our laws were written based on Judeo Christian morals.

You can think this country is freer and better..But sooner or later all the people with old fashioned work ethics. And ethics period will go the way of the dinosaur..who is going to support everyone.

Seriously ..social ism does not work..And when lawmakers sit on their own money and make laws that affect us..not them..just saying .

We shall see or more likely you will.

But BELUEVE it or not belief is God..Not theocracy. Or fanaticism but belief and faith has been behind the forces that made this country great..

And thanks that you may not see me as a persecutrix.

Anyone with true belief in God knows that you cannot force anyone to believe ANYTHING..And Jesus had a simple message that did nit include force ...belief cones from the heart ..it cannot be burned or tortured into one single soul
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456724
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You betcha...Your church was the perpetrator of all that atrocity...in fact it has cost the lives of 250 million people tp date.
What is your need to bring racism into the picture? Your church also was the promoter of slavery and racism. You have no ground for such improvision.
I am not even attempting to describe the "peace of christ". That should be your churches job...which it has failed miserably at.
You people are a lot of failed hypocrites.
the confrintings aren't catholics.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456725
Jun 26, 2013
 
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt it'll make any difference...
If it's any consolation, neither do I.
Sinking ships are better abandoned than drowned with...even rats know better...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456726
Jun 26, 2013
 
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to break this to you but it was people wanting freedom to worship FREELY who settled here from Europe. Our laws were written based on Judeo Christian morals.
You can think this country is freer and better..But sooner or later all the people with old fashioned work ethics. And ethics period will go the way of the dinosaur..who is going to support everyone.
Seriously ..social ism does not work..And when lawmakers sit on their own money and make laws that affect us..not them..just saying .
We shall see or more likely you will.
But BELUEVE it or not belief is God..Not theocracy. Or fanaticism but belief and faith has been behind the forces that made this country great..
And thanks that you may not see me as a persecutrix.
Anyone with true belief in God knows that you cannot force anyone to believe ANYTHING..And Jesus had a simple message that did nit include force ...belief cones from the heart ..it cannot be burned or tortured into one single soul
Those very same people fleeing persecution were the very ones who were guilty of the same thing they left behind in their own edifice.

If you are following the first two tenets of Jesus, I have no need to persecute you, and I will treat you as you treat others. Fair?
hojo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456727
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.I don't get angry at all. I feel that the catholic church from ALL ORTHODOX point of view is NOT the true church. And yes ALL Orthodox do believe that the Orthodox Church is the True Church.Now how is that being a hypocrite? Were do you get the idea that I don't believe in the Orthodox Faith? I don't believe in the catholic church and its claim to be the true church because its not.Christ set His Church up upon Peter's Faith NOT on Peter himself. The fact that you don't feel that the Orthodox's aurgument against the papacy holds any weight is simple to understand. That what makes you a catholic and me an Orthodox..
What or how you "FEEL" means little or nothing when it comes to the TRUTH of TRUE Church History. The Catholic Church--has, is and will continue to be the Historically and Biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Church initiated by Jesus Christ Himself over 2000 years ago!!!

The early Church was called BOTH "Orthodox" and "Catholic." St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostles, calls the Church by both these names as early as A.D. 107. The word “Orthodox” in Greek is “orthódoxos” meaning “right in religion“, or “straight teaching”; and the word “Catholic” is “katholikós” meaning “general” and/or “kathól(ou)” meaning “universally”. >>>>>
Also, the word “katholikos” literally means “the whole in every part.” It is commonly translated “universal.”
Here is what Ignatius says:
"You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church
without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is THE CATHOLIC CHURCH." (he didn't say Orthodox Church)(Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans)
Ignatius’ point is that the TRUE Church (the CATHOLIC Church –the Church as it is known in all parts of the world) is found locally with the bishop, as opposed to Gnostic cults and other false sects which claimed to be the true Church. Ergo, here as early as A.D. 107, the Church was already known as “the Catholic Church.” It would have been known by that name (Catholic) while the Apostle John was still alive, since he died only about 7 years earlier than the time when Ignatius is writing. Also, as I said, the term “the Way” was only used by Jewish Christians when speaking to other Jews.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456728
Jun 26, 2013
 
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
the confrintings aren't catholics.
Where exactly do you think the NT came from?
Do you think the bigotry is any less? She/he has already stated the others are infidels...that is all I need to assess judgement of such an individual.
If you hold the same type of thinking, I will judge you as a bigoted hypocritical individual also.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456729
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What or how you "FEEL" means little or nothing when it comes to the TRUTH of TRUE Church History. The Catholic Church--has, is and will continue to be the Historically and Biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Church initiated by Jesus Christ Himself over 2000 years ago!!!
The early Church was called BOTH "Orthodox" and "Catholic." St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostles, calls the Church by both these names as early as A.D. 107. The word “Orthodox” in Greek is “orthódoxos” meaning “right in religion“, or “straight teaching”; and the word “Catholic” is “katholikós” meaning “general” and/or “kathól(ou)” meaning “universally”. >>>>>
Also, the word “katholikos” literally means “the whole in every part.” It is commonly translated “universal.”
Here is what Ignatius says:
"You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church
without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is THE CATHOLIC CHURCH." (he didn't say Orthodox Church)(Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans)
Ignatius’ point is that the TRUE Church (the CATHOLIC Church –the Church as it is known in all parts of the world) is found locally with the bishop, as opposed to Gnostic cults and other false sects which claimed to be the true Church. Ergo, here as early as A.D. 107, the Church was already known as “the Catholic Church.” It would have been known by that name (Catholic) while the Apostle John was still alive, since he died only about 7 years earlier than the time when Ignatius is writing. Also, as I said, the term “the Way” was only used by Jewish Christians when speaking to other Jews.
If bullshit was electricity, You would be a bolt of lightning!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456730
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Disciple wrote:
Refresher.
The pope; "even the atheist has been redeemed with the blood f Christ"
http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2013/05/22/po...
then Robert F can remain a catholic and still be a professed atheist.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456731
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it.
shut up! you dont tell me what to post and when, If you dotn like it, crawl back in the sewer that you came out of.

atheists don't give Gods People any words. you are stupid to even think so.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456732
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then Robert F can remain a catholic and still be a professed atheist.
this is the forum where Robert and his friend June conversed and knew each other very well.

Man-made religion is ...


Man-made religion is the enemy of peace

Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/T675JJ592...

THE BIBLE WARNS US OF WOLVES THAT APPEAR AS SHEEP.

AND STUPID IGNORANT PEOPLE LIKE MARGE WHO HAS CAME ON THIS FORUM AND TRIES TO SHUT THE TRUTH UP.

well guess what marge, I don't shut up for twerps and ignorant dumb posters like YOU

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456733
Jun 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop it.
make sure you repent of this SIN that you have committed, IT WILL KEEP YOU OUT OF HEAVEN IF YOU DONT.

1 Timothy 5

King James Version (KJV)

5 Rebuke not an elder

almost 30 years in the ministry, that qualifies me to speak against the devil and his minions like Robert.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456734
Jun 26, 2013
 
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>make sure you repent of this SIN that you have committed, IT WILL KEEP YOU OUT OF HEAVEN IF YOU DONT.
1 Timothy 5
King James Version (KJV)
5 Rebuke not an elder
almost 30 years in the ministry, that qualifies me to speak against the devil and his minions like Robert.
Silly rabbit, your quoting a 15th century book written by a bunch of drunken monks, on orders of a conceited totalitarian mentally deranged king? Based on mythology repeated through out human history, derived from Astronemy of ancient civilizations, 1000s of yrs before your jc, which even historically can not be proven to ever to have existed, at all.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456735
Jun 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Page 1 of 2

WE BELIEVE:

God
We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.

The Bible
We believe that God has spoken in the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, through the words of human authors. As the verbally inspired Word of God, the Bible is without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for salvation, and the ultimate authority by which every realm of human knowledge and endeavor should be judged. Therefore, it is to be believed in all that it teaches, obeyed in all that it requires, and trusted in all that it promises.

The Human Condition
We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but they sinned when tempted by Satan. In union with Adam, human beings are sinners by nature and by choice, alienated from God, and under His wrath. Only through God's saving work in Jesus Christ can we be rescued, reconciled and renewed.

Jesus Christ
We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, one Person in two natures. Jesus - Israel's promised Messiah - was conceived through the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father as our High Priest and Advocate.

The Work of Christ
We believe that Jesus Christ, as our representative and substitute, shed His blood on the cross as the perfect, all-sufficient sacrifice for our sins. His atoning death and victorious resurrection constitute the only grounds for salvation.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456736
Jun 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Page 2 of 2

WE BELIEVE

The Holy Spirit
We believe that the Holy Spirit, in all that He does, glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ. He convicts the world of its guilt. He regenerates sinners, and in Him they are baptized into union with Christ and adopted as heirs in the family of God. He also indwells, illuminates, guides, equips and empowers believers for Christ-like living and service.

The Church
We believe that the true church comprises all who have been justified by God's grace through faith alone in Christ alone. They are united by the Holy Spirit in the body of Christ, of which He is the Head. The true church is manifest in local churches, whose membership should be composed only of believers. The Lord Jesus mandated two ordinances, baptism and the Lord's Supper, which visibly and tangibly express the gospel. Though they are not the means of salvation, when celebrated by the church in genuine faith, these ordinances confirm and nourish the believer.

Christian Living
We believe that God's justifying grace must not be separated from His sanctifying power and purpose. God commands us to love Him supremely and others sacrificially, and to live out our faith with care for one another, compassion toward the poor and justice for the oppressed. With God's Word, the Spirit's power, and fervent prayer in Christ's name, we are to combat the spiritual forces of evil. In obedience to Christ's commission, we are to make disciples among all people, always bearing witness to the gospel in word and deed.

Christ's Return
We believe in the personal bodily and premillenial return of our Lord Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ, at a time known only to God, demands constant expectancy and, as our blessed hope, motivates the believer to godly living, sacrificial service and energetic mission.*

Response and Eternal Destiny
We believe that God commands everyone everywhere to believe the gospel by turning to Him in repentance and receiving the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that God will raise the dead bodily and judge the world, assigning the unbeliever to condemnation and eternal conscious punishment and the believer to eternal blessedness and joy with the Lord in the new heaven and the new earth, to the praise of His glorious grace. Amen.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456737
Jun 27, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The cat is out of the bag. All of the Roman Catholics now know what OldJG believes.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456738
Jun 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OldJG wrote:
Page 1 of 2
WE BELIEVE:
God
We believe in one God, Creator of all things, holy, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in a loving unity of three equally divine Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Having limitless knowledge and sovereign power, God has graciously purposed from eternity to redeem a people for Himself and to make all things new for His own glory.
It is your right to believe what you want, but those are still just the words of man.What does your god think of all the environmental damage we as human beings have done to this planet, according to your theory , this is all gods, the animals,oceans,land and sky, all his, all representative of him, yet we continue to shit where we eat, kill one another for resources and fortune, I mean you understand that when we send our young people to go and kill other human beings woman, children and old people, that yous are condemning them to an eternity of hell, that all life on this planet is equally precious, that when we pollute our streams lakes and oceans,strip mine the land, annihilate whole forests, that we are destroying the very thing that creates all life on this planet,and that is the alchemy of the diversity of life that has evolved and taken billion of yrs, to get to the point we are at, in the here and now.And now yous want to put all that responsibility of salvation, on something that doesn't even exist. My friend you would have a better chance of convincing me of the tooth fairy.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456739
Jun 27, 2013
 
OldJG wrote:
The cat is out of the bag. All of the Roman Catholics now know what OldJG believes.
yeah and now ALL catholics as well as marge knows that Robert F was and is a phony as I have said all along.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#456740
Jun 27, 2013
 
justice for many not exist
nooooooooooo
you will be target because your leaders and misleaders,..
you already judged before you think

id..life and soul as well future generation..is already in hand of wrong doing people..
you speak about books or law..law which not exist in economy and finance where money is god and power..

byyyyyyyyy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

697 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Krackerjacks 115,116
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min Holy dr Shrink 599,074
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min dirty white boy- 720,560
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min cretin56 224,191
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min lisw 172,402
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 25 min Charlie Sheen 256,524
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 35 min Naveen kumar 4,804
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Reshi 76
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••