Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 679299 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#456808 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, following your "logic" here, you've just made being "born again" in Christ unnecessary, as you've declared us "in Christ" simply by virtue of being born.
Nice one. Is this a new theology you've come up with here?
"Oxism"?
If you were at least semiconscious you would know that you are not even in the state where this ball game is being played!!!!!
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#456809 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
According to many of the "knowing ones" a person can be a regular pain in the ass to others all his/her life and as long as one moment before death the person turns over a new leaf and "believes" ... that person will have eternal bliss in a hereafter.
Now THAT is a deal that no one wants to "pass on."
Silly people believe silly religious dogmas.
The wrath of God is upon Canada right now as we speak. Pay heed to the world floods that are here and in your country.

Here's a great shot for you:

http://www.spiritdaily.com/grottowater2.jpg

False gods! Bye bye!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#456810 Jun 27, 2013
who="June VanDerMark"
Well, you have a right to your belief. I just don't agree.
I perceive that without biblical scriptures on which to reLIE, you preachers would be comparable to limp soggy noodles.
It's your right-fighting goals that make you feel powerful.

And your 'fighting the right' goal makes YOU feel powerful.
He who laughs last, laughs best.
KM
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456811 Jun 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>then what did He turn it into? lol
"this is My body"..."this is My blood"

Calling Jesus a liar while you lol is not something I'd be very proud of.
ReginaM

Bloomfield, NJ

#456812 Jun 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>
RobertF is a nice person,from what I have gathered,now he chooses to deny what he once believed,and he has that choice.I do not believe Robert F will become fanatical about atheism,as he was not fanatical as a believer either.But the truth be known,Robert F will not end his inner struggle by denying the Very God he has yet to either receive wholeheartedly,or now to reject.The struggle will be intense at times for him,it will bother him,and affect his relationships with others.
Dan -- Robert is NOT an atheist. The posts you've been reading were from years ago and were dredged up out of spite.

A grave injustice has been done to Robert.

How many others like yourself will MIS-read those old posts and come to a false conclusion as you have about Robert?

To her credit, June has apologized and set the record straight. The other who is attempting to demean Robert will likely continue in his evil. As you said, Robert is a kind and intelligent person (no matter what his beliefs), so it's not surprising that satan in his jealousy is attacking him.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#456813 Jun 27, 2013
Alberta flooding forces shut down of Canada's largest beef plant

Read more: http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/alberta-floodi...

Alberta’s worst flood in history risks knocking Canadian economy off course

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/06/26/...

"But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." Our Lord Jesus Christ

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#456814 Jun 27, 2013
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>AND WHO gave us the free will to choose Him or reject any notion of Him?
The first theologians that created religion gave others the free will to believe in the idea whether or not the many gods and goddesses existed, or were just figments of human imagination.

For a long while I chose to put faith in the words of theologians. However that is no longer the case.

In both cases concerning my belief, I was using my free will. Not the will attached to a god ... but the will similar to every other living form of life on planet earth.

The only difference IS, that other animals are not infected with religion that bloats up their egos, as occurs with humans.

#456815 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Review your posts. Every one is judging others.
You don't like receiving the same treatment you shower on others do you?
~~~
YOU ARE GETTING KAY MARIE'S POST MIXED UP WITH MINE...
SHE SIGNS HERS POST
I DON'T.

Location hidden

#456816 Jun 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Oxbow"]040
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
You quoted this Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin...based on "For as in Adam all die"
Following that logic, it can also be said that at birth all human beings are made alive...based on " even so in Christ shall all be made alive"....which cancels the original sin you say all human beings are guilty of at birth!!!!!
When you can show me ONE person who is absolutely sinless, I will be ready to hear your 'logic'.
Even tiny infants exhibit temper tantrums and rebellion. Have YOU never said a mean thing to anyone?(Yes, that is sin.) Have you never told a half-truth? Certainly YOU have never told a lie...or coveted something that belonged to someone else?
"There is none that sinneth not, no, not one." "For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
KayMarie
What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China????

The discussion is about original sin or the lack thereof!!!!!!

#456817 Jun 27, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
Not in your deity.
You worship a lesser god.

There is none greater than the One I worship...in fact He is the ONLY REAL GOD.
I assume you worship yourself?

KM

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#456818 Jun 27, 2013
Human Being wrote:
<quoted text>
wilderide:
You have probably heard, "Hail Mary, full of grace...."It comes from Luke 1:28, in the angels greeting. But the phrase "full of grace" from the Greek, is a poor translation. The Greek word is kecharitomene. It is a perfect passive participle. So it means that grace was always, is now, and will always be present. It is that grace, which makes her sinless from the time of conception.
Prayers to saints, are simply asking prayers from a righteous person. James 5:16....The prayers of a righteous person availeth much.
Catholics are in communion with both those yet born, with the living, and those who are dead in Christ. So though we may not see them living, we are connected eternally as one Body, in Christ, with Jesus as the Head.
Grace is not at all the same thing as sinlessness or perfect. It seems to me that the passage in Luke was simply referring to the fact that Mary was lucky enough to be chosen as Jesus' mother, and was very virtuous, but not perfect. If Mary was sinless, why not simply say so clearly? And moreover, again, if Anne wasn't sinless, then Mary would have "inherited" Original Sin (another Catholic concept that has problems of it's own, scriptually and morally) as every other human did too.

Location hidden

#456819 Jun 27, 2013
who="Oxbow"]040
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
You quoted this Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin...based on "For as in Adam all die"
Following that logic, it can also be said that at birth all human beings are made alive...based on " even so in Christ shall all be made alive"....which cancels the original sin you say all human beings are guilty of at birth!!!!!
P.S. "IN Christ shall all be made alive." One must receive Christ to be IN Him.
KayMarie
You are grasping at straws...the discussion is about original sin or the lack thereof!!!!!

Dawson Creek, Canada

#456820 Jun 27, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend, if you study the history of human religion, you will see the common denominator, of Astronomy.Religion is nothing more than a mythology derived from Astronomy, a means to keep track of the solstices, for agricultural needs. This is apparent in every religion in all parts of the globe at different times of our human history. It is the fear and brutality of the last 2000yrs or so of Christianity, which has manipulated the fear of god into man physiologically. It is a barbaric practice, with no responsibility for ones actions.
Blaming bad behavior on a devil became a scapegoat, but also a stifling, frightening image to "behold."

That in which people believe becomes real to them, and all too often even to this day, people that have invested in the idea that a devil exists believe they must be exorcized of demons.

What a shame.

A clear conscience needs no religion.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456821 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
Your statement contradicts the Bible...
The Bible says....
Rom_3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom_5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Just as all of your fables and myths are not in recorded in the word of God...
Your fables about Mary being sinless denies the fall of Adam..
Mary's pedigree harks back to the linage of David...
For Mary to have been born with out sin ....
All her progenitors would have had to be sinless back in
infinity....before the fall of Adam ....and all of her ancestors would
have had to have been without sin ...and not tainted with the adamic
nature
Just how far will you Catholics go to propagate your myths...and fables
If all Mary's progenitors were sinless....then there would have been no
need for Jesus to be sired by the Holy Ghost....
any one of MARY'S ancestors would have BEEN QUALIFIED TO BE GOD'S
SINLESS SACRIFICE...
Have ALL sinned?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456822 Jun 27, 2013
who="OldJG" OldJG wrote: So you are telling us what Luke and Paul wrote is a lie? Really? Should we get out a BIG BLACK "MAGIC MARKER" and draw huge black lines through these verses nobody can see or read them. Well, should we? Luke 22:19-20, 19 "And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me." 20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood." I Corinthians 11:23-26, 23 "For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night when he was betrayed took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." 25 n the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes."
<quoted text>
tonyBM said, quote, "We accept Jesus at His word. You on the other hand take a black marker and insert "this SYMBOLIZES My body". End quote.
This is very interesting. Was Jesus still alive when He spoke of Himself in John 6? If Jesus was alive, and He was, why didn't He hold up his finger, arm or leg when He said, "this is My body?" Why did Jesus hold up bread? Was the bread symbolic of something?
Scripture says...'and without Him was not anything made that was made'.
All that IS comes from God. You would not exist, the earth, nor anything in it would exist, were God not in everything. He IS our breath, our food, our everything. He was telling the Apostles, that He, Himself, is our 'bread'...our life. "In Him we live, and move, and have our being."
Those who 'live in Him' will live forever. Those who live, but reject Him, will not know eternal life. Such life as they now have will end in eternal death.
Countless people have eaten bread and drank the fruit of the vine...but died. But those who acknowledge that He is that living bread, and living water will live forever. Partaking of the communion with other believers calls our attention to His death (pouring out His life into us).
KayMarie
How is partaking of bread and grape juice a communion with Jesus?

Dawson Creek, Canada

#456823 Jun 27, 2013
There is none greater than the One I worship...in fact He is the ONLY REAL GOD.
Keeping in mind that you believe there is only ONE REAL god ... if the god exists, you are worshipping the same god as all others in all other religions.

Silly people!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456824 Jun 27, 2013
who=" Anthony MN"
Book, chapter and verse where Jesus says the Lords supper is symbolic. Thanks.
He said, "This do IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME."
KM
Right, we offer the sacrifice as a memorial. That has nothing to do with Jesus's emphatic statement that the bread and wine are His body and blood.
truthprevails

Alpharetta, GA

#456825 Jun 27, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Blaming bad behavior on a devil became a scapegoat, but also a stifling, frightening image to "behold."
That in which people believe becomes real to them, and all too often even to this day, people that have invested in the idea that a devil exists believe they must be exorcized of demons.
What a shame.
A clear conscience needs no religion.
A clear conscience is usually the one that IS spiritual.

None of you atheists can ever answer where evil comes from if not from an outer source, nor can you explain where good comes from.

Atheism is rife with suicide, murder and vice. The statistics aren't in your favor. Atheism can't have a moral code because atheists don't encourage morality.

All I have ever seen you encourage is decadent behavior.

Dawson Creek, Canada

#456827 Jun 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Have ALL sinned?
This man has the answers.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
I watched a program on Primetime OWN.

The man who calls himself the second coming of Jesus told the person interviewing him (verbatim)... "So you tell the millions of followers I have ...’Dat guy's a liar.’ You know what dey gonna say?...‘I prefer his lies.’"

Here he is in person …
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#456826 Jun 27, 2013
Anthony MN wrote: The "all have sinned" argument doesn't work because not all have sinned.
Read more at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion
I can't believe that you said that. Do all Catholics believe that 'all have not sinned'? LOL
KayMarie
Yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 12 min Aura Mytha 119,267
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Peter Ross 445,843
Any mature gay men wanting to Skype? (Jul '12) 2 hr Byscotty69 11
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Patriot 286,325
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 2 hr real 33,217
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 hr democrat punisher 2,784
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr nanoanomaly 982,144
More from around the web