Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
440,401 - 440,420 of 532,621 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Nit one believer on this thread has said that JESUS OR JOHN the Baptist converted to anything.
Th e y were Jews ..
And many have told you this..
So why aren't YOU practicing Judaism as do the Jews.

They don't practice Catholicism ... have you noticed???

And by the way, not one of you Catholics or Protestants (on the forum) have stated that Jesus converted to Christianity, but had he not, he would not support Christianity and neither would his mother, or the apostles. Judas was the only faithful Jew, because he would not leave Judaism for Catholicism.

Within Catholic "theology," Jesus and the whole flock of Jews (with the exception of Judas) became converted to Catholicism ... and you KNOW that is true.

Yet you LIE to defend your cult!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
What empirical evidence do you want?
If I said "open your window and look around", you would then say "God had no part of the natural world", yes?
Open your window and look around, Dan. Can't you see the obvious evidence for Zeus?

If you want to call the laws of physics God, then certainly God exists. If you know of empirical evidence for an interfering deity with an unexplained interest in human affairs, which inspired the Bible and causes "miracles" and answers prayers, then by all means I'm interested in seeing that.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

According to Catholics, Jesus' mother Mary is a "Catholic" saint ... NOT a saint because of being faithful to her religion of Judaism.

Catholics converted her AGAINST her own will!

Silly theology for silly people!
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Must agree with what is written;
'So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you are judged.'
Oral tradition carried Christianity for centuries.

Do you believe early Christendom to be inferior in substance and/or belief as the teachings had not yet been written?

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="wilderide"
If God knows I will not eat today (not predict, but know as a fact), then can I do otherwise, and prove God wrong?
As for God's will, it is impossible to oppose the will of an omnipotent deity. Which is why God would also be culpable for evil and sin. G
God cannot be proven 'wrong', because He is perfectly 'right'.
Certainly a fallible person such as yourself cannot prove Him wrong.
Apparently, you think that you have already done so.(Forget it, no one is that smart...and it can be very costly.)
KM
If God cannot be proved wrong, and God knows your fate in advance, then you have no free will.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, not one of you Catholics or Protestants (on the forum) have stated that Jesus converted to Christianity, but had he not, he would not support Christianity and neither would his mother, or the apostles. Judas was the only faithful Jew, because he would not leave Judaism for Catholicism.
Within Catholic "theology," Jesus and the whole flock of Jews (with the exception of Judas) became converted to Catholicism ... and you KNOW that is true.
LOLOL.

Who on this board (besides you) has asserted that Jesus "converted" from Judaism?

You're a straight-up riot, June.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

God cannot be proven 'wrong', because He is perfectly 'right'.
Then he made the right choice the first time he inspired men to write the words that the Jews were his chosen few ... RIGHT???

He didn't need Catholics to write lies in a new testament to make their selves the center of attention.

And he doesn't need you as a Protestant to USE the lies written by the Catholics to make your self the center of attention.

Do you GET that idea, or will the god that belongs to the Jews have to smarten you up in his own way???

tongue in cheek

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
.....and it's not a strawman.
What empirical evidence of God would suffice for you?
Well, we could start with the efficacy of prayer.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Hey Dan, are you a Catholic? If so, can you explain the whole Mary thing? She has such a small role in the Bible, yet such an outsized role in the Catholic church. I don't get it.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

who="June VanDerMark"

Christianity is NOT a race. Jesus was born a Jew (of the tribe of Judah)...not a Judaist. If the Judaists had it 'all right', He would not have had to teach them differently.

He was born Jesus, THE CHRIST, thus was totally CHRIST-Like (ian).

He never converted to Catholicism...or any other denomination. He was, and remains, totally Christian. He said that, "salvation is of the Jews (not the Catholics, etc.).

KayMarie

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
the time is coming !!!
WHY ... because you read it in a book???

People were all packed and ready to leave because of the Mayan end of time prophecy, but it seems nothing has been learned by that misinformation.

You gloat when you say "the time is coming." It makes you feel powerful, and that is simply your arrogance playing with your own brain.

The idea that a god would destroy the earth and take some arrogant beings to an afterlife of bliss is about as ludicrous as it gets ... but you insist on playing the fool's game, as it meets your desires.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Open your window and look around, Dan. Can't you see the obvious evidence for Zeus?
If you want to call the laws of physics God, then certainly God exists. If you know of empirical evidence for an interfering deity with an unexplained interest in human affairs, which inspired the Bible and causes "miracles" and answers prayers, then by all means I'm interested in seeing that.
A short while ago, you wanted evidence of a deity.

Now, you are asking for something else (while accusing ME of constructing a straw man). You're asking for empirical evidence of certain beliefs about God, not about the existence of God.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

From the article in the September 2010 edition of the magazine "Scientific American" ... The end or is it?... comes the following..........

Aristotle appealed to a similar principle when he argued that time can have neither beginning nor end. Every moment is both the end of an era and the start of something new; every event is both the outcome of something and the cause of something else. So how could time possibly end? What would prevent the last event in history from leading to another? Indeed, how would you even define the end of time when the very concept of “end” pre-supposes time?

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

From the article in the September 2010 edition of the magazine "Scientific American" ... The end or is it?... comes the following..........

Edges of Time

Physicists argue it both ways. Some think time does end. The trouble with this option is that the known laws of physics operate within time and describe how things move and evolve. Time’s end points are off the reservation; they would have to be governed not just by a new law of physics but by a new type of law of physics, one that eschews temporal concepts such as motion and change in favor of timeless ones such as geometric elegance.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

who="wilderide"
If God cannot be proved wrong, and God knows your fate in advance, then you have no free will.

That is silly, and you know it. It is just an argument you use to convince yourself that there is no power higher than yourself.

Did you ever forget to make the sun shine? Or keep these huge orbs spinning around in the air?

If you don't keep all of the plants pollinated, we will have famine.(Shame on you. LOL)

KayMarie
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
God not being able to be proved wrong and being omniscient doesn't conflict with free will.

Even though God already knows what our free choices will be in the future, our choices are still ours and are still free.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Edges of Time

In the Aboriginal worldview there is no past, present or future—there is not even a word for time.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Edges of Time

Our fears of the apocalypse may in the end mirror the most fundamental fear of all: fear of our own mortality. It is all a piece—death, the dissolution of our people, the extinction of our species. Regardless of how we feel about it, flux is the nature of the world, and endings are an inescapable—and often overlooked-part of life.

Some of these endings are more probable than others. Some, such as the end of time, are downright paradoxical.

It is our nature to weave simple story from a complex set of data points.(In recent years this tendency has been amplified by news media that are very good at turning complex events into cartoon crisis.)

“It's part of the fundamental limited perspective of our species to believe that this moment is the critical one and critical in every way—for good, for bad, for the final end of humanity,” says Nicholas Christenfeld, a psychologist at the University of California, San Diego. Imagining the end of the world makes us feel special.

Smithers, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

If you don't keep all of the plants pollinated, we will have famine.(Shame on you. LOL)
KayMarie
God has spoken through KayMarie!!!

What would happen if KayMarie couldn't preach???

WOE BE ONTO US!

By the way ... when IS that Jew coming to save you??? Have you had the word straight from Jehovah YET ... or is he keeping a tiny secret from you???

:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

who="wilderide"
Well, we could start with the efficacy of prayer.

Good idea. Let's start with that one. When I was three years old I had rheumatic fever, and nearly died. I was left with a heart murmur, and the doctor said that I would not live. I spent several months in bed.

One night we had company and there was a conversation that disturbed me deeply. There was always a baby at our house, and as little girls do, I loved them. Someone commented on this, and another said, "It is a pity that she will not live, and have her own."

At night I would pull the blanket over my head so no one else would hear; then I would pray, "Dear God, please let me live and have children."

My life was uncertain for years, but I finally reached age 19, only to have the family doctor tell me that I should never have children.

To make a long story short, I gave birth to SEVEN children, and God graciously gave me two more by way of adoption.

I was not an adult trying to shape a religious belief. I was a little child, asking God to give me children.

'Nother question???

KayMarie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

425 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Bigger Baby Jeebus 720,614
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Patrick 224,099
Last Word + 2 11 min Richies Cool Man Diary 36
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min passing by 256,449
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 15 min shyam 4,580
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min Strength and Honor 172,337
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min Al Capone 3,949
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 2 hr Larry 122
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 11 hr Helga 72