Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650575 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#456742 Jun 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
The Immaculate Conception is a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, the Immaculate Conception refers to the sinless state of Mary. Pope Pius IX proclaimed this doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of Mary on December 8, 1854.
Many people, Catholics included, wrongly believe that this dogma refers to the conception of Jesus Christ. But, in fact, the Immaculate Conception doctrine states that Mary, "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin." Immaculate, meaning "without stain," implies that Mary herself was preserved from original sin at conception, that she was born without a sin nature, and that she lived a sinless life.
Will a Catholic show me the Scripture that this teaching is based on????
~~~
If immaculate conception were possible ..

THEN JESUS WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO TO HAVE BEEN SIRED BY THE HOLY GHOST...

ANY OF MARY'S BROTHERS (OR HER ANCESTORS) COULD HAVE BEEN THE SINLESS

SACRIFICE FOR OUR SINS....AND THEY WOULD HAVE HAVE HAD TO INTERMARRY

WITH IN THEIR OWN FAMILY TO PRESERVE THE PURITY RACE.

THE STUPIDITY OF SUCH TEACHING CONCERNING MARY IS GROSS IGNORANCE...

IT SETS HER FAMILY UP AS SINLESS ...ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE CREATION,

IT ATTEMPTS TO IMPLY...

THAT GOD CREATED TWO FAMILIES IN THE BEGINNING..

AND ONE OF THEM (THE PROGENITORS OF MARY.)... NEVER SINNED.

ANY ONE THAT CAN READ THE BIBLE

(OF COURSE THE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS THEIR OWN PRIVATE INTERPRETATIONS)

KNOWS THAT DAVID (the ancestor of Mary) SINNED.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#456743 Jun 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You betcha...Your church was the perpetrator of all that atrocity...in fact it has cost the lives of 250 million people tp date.
What is your need to bring racism into the picture? Your church also was the promoter of slavery and racism. You have no ground for such improvision.
I am not even attempting to describe the "peace of christ". That should be your churches job...which it has failed miserably at.
You people are a lot of failed hypocrites.
Churches..as n organized religion ..are run by men and they err.

Badly.

How many were killed subTitled..who was no more religious than my tooth brush. He said Jews deserved. to die because of their faith..But it was a power and money and land grab. All over Europe. And some crazy firm of eugenics..Blonde white Aryans was the model...(did the man never look in a mirror)
He wanted to rule the world and in his c a Dr religion had nit a thing to do with it.

Genghis Khan..PolPot..Stalin..Mao.

NO RELIGION.

#456744 Jun 27, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
If immaculate conception were possible ..
THEN JESUS WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TO TO HAVE BEEN SIRED BY THE HOLY GHOST...
ANY OF MARY'S BROTHERS (OR HER ANCESTORS) COULD HAVE BEEN THE SINLESS
SACRIFICE FOR OUR SINS....AND THEY WOULD HAVE HAVE HAD TO INTERMARRY
WITH IN THEIR OWN FAMILY TO PRESERVE THE PURITY RACE.
THE STUPIDITY OF SUCH TEACHING CONCERNING MARY IS GROSS IGNORANCE...
IT SETS HER FAMILY UP AS SINLESS ...ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE CREATION,
IT ATTEMPTS TO IMPLY...
THAT GOD CREATED TWO FAMILIES IN THE BEGINNING..
AND ONE OF THEM (THE PROGENITORS OF MARY.)... NEVER SINNED.
ANY ONE THAT CAN READ THE BIBLE
(OF COURSE THE PAGAN ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS THEIR OWN PRIVATE INTERPRETATIONS)
KNOWS THAT DAVID (the ancestor of Mary) SINNED.
~~~

If you believe that Mary was the incarnate daughter of God....then you would have to believe that her Mother was immaculately conceived...
and that would have had to go away back to Genesis...to the creation of Man..

Question

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LIE AND MAKE UP FABLES ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS....TO BEGAN WITH?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456745 Jun 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
The Immaculate Conception is a doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, the Immaculate Conception refers to the sinless state of Mary. Pope Pius IX proclaimed this doctrine of the Immaculate Conception of Mary on December 8, 1854.
Many people, Catholics included, wrongly believe that this dogma refers to the conception of Jesus Christ. But, in fact, the Immaculate Conception doctrine states that Mary, "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin." Immaculate, meaning "without stain," implies that Mary herself was preserved from original sin at conception, that she was born without a sin nature, and that she lived a sinless life.
Will a Catholic show me the Scripture that this teaching is based on????
Luke 1:28.

Still.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456746 Jun 27, 2013
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
You quoted this Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin...based on "For as in Adam all die"
Following that logic, it can also be said that at birth all human beings are made alive...based on " even so in Christ shall all be made alive"....which cancels the original sin you say all human beings are guilty of at birth!!!!!
Well, following your "logic" here, you've just made being "born again" in Christ unnecessary, as you've declared us "in Christ" simply by virtue of being born.

Nice one. Is this a new theology you've come up with here?

"Oxism"?
truth

Perth, Australia

#456747 Jun 27, 2013
Where is first Eden ..Lucifer change many time..perfection is lose..you need died.
now..please tell me why you try go around.

#456748 Jun 27, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
BTW -- you have already referred to others as "infidel". That is all I need to know about you as far as "dispicability is concerned.

The dictionary says that an infidel is:

A disbelieving person.
One who is faithless.
An unbelieving person.

Did I miss it? Are you a believer?

KayMarie

#456749 Jun 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 1:28.
Still.
Luk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art --->highly favoured,<--- the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

--->highly favoured <---DEFINED IN GREEK

G5487
&#967;&#945;&#961; &#953;&#964;&#959; &#769;&#969;
charitoo&#772;
khar-ee-to'-o
From G5485; to grace, that is, indue with special honor:- make accepted, be highly favoured.

THERE IS NOTHING IN THE DEFINITION OF THE ABOVE THAT REMOTELY INFERS

AN IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF MARY...
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#456750 Jun 27, 2013
oneear69 wrote:
<quoted text>It is your right to believe what you want, but those are still just the words of man.What does your god think of all the environmental damage we as human beings have done to this planet, according to your theory , this is all gods, the animals,oceans,land and sky, all his, all representative of him, yet we continue to shit where we eat, kill one another for resources and fortune, I mean you understand that when we send our young people to go and kill other human beings woman, children and old people, that yous are condemning them to an eternity of hell, that all life on this planet is equally precious, that when we pollute our streams lakes and oceans,strip mine the land, annihilate whole forests, that we are destroying the very thing that creates all life on this planet,and that is the alchemy of the diversity of life that has evolved and taken billion of yrs, to get to the point we are at, in the here and now.And now yous want to put all that responsibility of salvation, on something that doesn't even exist. My friend you would have a better chance of convincing me of the tooth fairy.
Your assessment of man is right!! of God it is not.
God does not force man to do all the stuff you mentioned, He doesn't force you to believe, God gave us the right to choose good or evil.
God will not fringe on our right; to the "FREE WILL" He gave us!!!
He did however tell us to choose wisely.
Evolutionist, think everything is evolving the truth is everything is dying. If we are evolving still after billions of years pray tell what are we becoming, is it worse then what we already are,
from your perspective we already are as bad as it gets.
The lack of faith in a creator; man has lost hope!! where there is no hope, there is despair, which breeds fear.
Why man would be satisfied eating out of the bottom of a garbage can, instead of sitting and eating at the Kings table is beyond me.
The Bible says mans heart is evil. Men are takers, greed and power motivates them. THIS WORLD RINKS OF DEATH EVERY WHERE; GOD IS THE GOD OF THE LIVING,
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for "GOD IS" with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
THIS IS NOT GODS KINGDOM; THIS EARTH IS THE KINGDOM OF EVIL; satan is the god of the dead;
WE ARE PILGRAMS ON A JOURNEY HOME.
EVIL RULES HERE IN THIS WORLD. THE WORSE IT GETS THE CLOSER TO JESUS' RETURN.
I KNOW IN MY HEART MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE LORD; WILL JOIN ME WHEN I SAY "COME LORD JESUS COME".

#456751 Jun 27, 2013
who="Oxbow"]040

You quoted this Scripture in support that at birth all human beings have the stain on their soul of original sin...based on "For as in Adam all die"
Following that logic, it can also be said that at birth all human beings are made alive...based on " even so in Christ shall all be made alive"....which cancels the original sin you say all human beings are guilty of at birth!!!!!

When you can show me ONE person who is absolutely sinless, I will be ready to hear your 'logic'.

Even tiny infants exhibit temper tantrums and rebellion. Have YOU never said a mean thing to anyone?(Yes, that is sin.) Have you never told a half-truth? Certainly YOU have never told a lie...or coveted something that belonged to someone else?

"There is none that sinneth not, no, not one." "For ALL have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

KayMarie

#456752 Jun 27, 2013
who="Oxbow"]040

P.S. "IN Christ shall all be made alive." One must receive Christ to be IN Him.

KayMarie
headlinesphotos

AOL

#456753 Jun 27, 2013

FALSE PROPHET & Mark of Beast -- In Plain View

http://youtu.be/j5gGtsNTTUo

#456754 Jun 27, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
BTW -- you have already referred to others as "infidel". That is all I need to know about you as far as "dispicability is concerned.
The dictionary says that an infidel is:
A disbelieving person.
One who is faithless.
An unbelieving person.
Did I miss it? Are you a believer?
KayMarie
~~~~

GREEK DEFINITION OF INFIDEL

G571
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#960;&#953;&#963; &#964;&#959;&#962;
apistos
ap'-is-tos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G4103; (actively) disbelieving, that is, without Christian faith (specifically a heathen); (passively) untrustworthy (person), or incredible (thing):- that believeth not, faithless, incredible thing, infidel, unbeliever (-ing).

#456755 Jun 27, 2013
who="Black Thunder 42"
Have your deity "smite" me then. I will challenge it's existence this very day, and am more than willing to do battle with it. If it shows up, I will destroy it with no problem. Bring it on...
You religionist bigots are beginning to become unbearable with your threats of damnation. I am left with little choice but to directly challenge your deity over your rhetoric and accusations, so let us get down to the business of actuality.
YES! I am willing to bet my life that your deity doesn't even exist...or if it does, I can beat it. After all, it couldn't even compete with "iron chariots".
What will you say about your deity when it will not even rise to the occasion.
I will call it a complete coward...and you a fool for even believing in such a coward...or it is all fabricated and make believe...take your choice.

I have made NO 'threats of damnation' against you. I do believe there is a hell in the earth. Have you never watched a National Geographic documentary on volcano's, that shows a RIVER OF FIRE running out of the earth?

My God drowned Pharoah's whole army IN THEIR IRON CHARIOTS, and the wheels have recently been found in the Red Sea.

Judges 4:13 And Sisera gathered together all his chariots, even nine hundred chariots of iron, and all the people that were with him, from Harosheth of the Gentiles unto the river of Kishon.
Jdg 4:14 And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the LORD hath delivered Sisera into thine hand: is not the LORD gone out before thee? So Barak went down from mount Tabor, and ten thousand men after him.
Jdg 4:15 And the LORD discomfited Sisera, and ALL his chariots (all 900 of them), and all his host, with the edge of the sword before Barak; so that Sisera lighted down off his chariot, and fled away on his feet.
Jdg 4:16 But Barak pursued after the chariots, and after the host, unto Harosheth of the Gentiles: and all the host of Sisera fell upon the edge of the sword; and there was not a man left.

KayMarie
LTM

Kingston, Canada

#456756 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
If you believe that Mary was the incarnate daughter of God....then you would have to believe that her Mother was immaculately conceived...
and that would have had to go away back to Genesis...to the creation of Man..
Question
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO LIE AND MAKE UP FABLES ABOUT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS....TO BEGAN WITH?
when Marge and I were on another thread, a catholic even suggested that Joseph also was a virgin, which shoots holes in the theory that Jesus brothers and sisters where Josephs from another marriage; which the Bible teaches none of these theories.
The catholic religion is based on assumptions, and suggestions, and man made traditions not facts.
Their religion is about Mary not Jesus; which is a pagan religion and not a Christian one.
No where in the Bible does it say we have to go to Mary to get to Jesus to get God the Father.
The Bible says come as you are, God will take our filthy rags a give us a rob of white.

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#456757 Jun 27, 2013
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and this advice from a self professed atheist
Robert's NEW self believes in a personal god.

And since according to the "knowers of truth" god forgives all sinners, Robert is now in the group that is sure to be saved and will have nothing but eternal bliss awaiting him in the hereafter.

Ya see, there is no middle line with this god. Ya either deserve total bliss, OR total alienation.

It's called unconditional love and just as are the people that created the god ... god is "full of it."

:)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#456758 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Luk 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art --->highly favoured,<--- the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
--->highly favoured <---DEFINED IN GREEK
G5487
&#967;&#945;&#961; &#953;&#964;&#959; &#769;&#969;
charitoo&#772;
khar-ee-to'-o
From G5485; to grace, that is, indue with special honor:- make accepted, be highly favoured.
THERE IS NOTHING IN THE DEFINITION OF THE ABOVE THAT REMOTELY INFERS
AN IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF MARY...
"charitoo" isn't the word in the passage.

Ox tried that one last week and it's still not in there.

It's 'kecharitomene', the perfect passive participle of 'charitoo', which denotes one who has been and still is the object of divine benevolence, one who has been favored and continues to be favored by God, one who has been granted supernatural grace and remains in this state.

Kecharitomene denotes continuance of a completed action.

Kecharitomene has been suitably translated as “full of grace”, by the Vulgate and the Peshitto (The principal Syriac version of the Bible). This rendering expresses the conviction of the Church that the divine favor was fully bestowed on Mary, in the sense that she was ever immune from the least stain of sin and that she abounded in graces of the supernatural life and in all the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit which flow from that life.

“The Lord is with Thee” continued the angel, enunciating the fact that she enjoyed the effective divine assistance in all her endeavors for God’s glory, like Gideon, to whom a similar declaration was made and who crushed the foes of Israel as one man (Judges 6:12, 16). Gabriel concludes his address with “blessed art thou among women,” indicating that she occupied a unique position among the women of all nations and ages (Lk 1:28-29)

http://kecharitomene.com/

1. L Cerfaux, Gratia plena, in Mémories et Raports du Congrès Marial tenu à Bruxelles (1921), Vol. I (Bruxelles, 1922), pp. 34-40.

[2] H. W. Smyth, Greek Grammar [Harvard University Press, 1968], p. 108-109, sec 1852:b.

#456759 Jun 27, 2013
who="hojo"
What or how you "FEEL" means little or nothing when it comes to the TRUTH of TRUE Church History. The Catholic Church--has, is and will continue to be the Historically and Biblically PROVEN One True Apostolic Church initiated by Jesus Christ Himself over 2000 years ago!!!
The early Church was called BOTH "Orthodox" and "Catholic." St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostles, calls the Church by both these names as early as A.D. 107. The word “Orthodox” in Greek is “orthódoxos” meaning “right in religion“, or “straight teaching”; and the word “Catholic” is “katholikós” meaning “general” and/or “kathól(ou)” meaning “universally”. >>>>>
Also, the word “katholikos” literally means “the whole in every part.” It is commonly translated “universal.”
Here is what Ignatius says:
"You must all follow the bishop as Jesus Christ follows the Father, and the presbytery as you would the Apostles. Reverence the deacons as you would the command of God. Let no one do anything of concern to the Church
without the bishop. Let that be considered a valid Eucharist which is celebrated by the bishop, or by one whom he appoints. Wherever the bishop appears, let the people be there; just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is THE CATHOLIC CHURCH." (he didn't say Orthodox Church)(Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans)
Ignatius’ point is that the TRUE Church (the CATHOLIC Church –the Church as it is known in all parts of the world) is found locally with the bishop, as opposed to Gnostic cults and other false sects which claimed to be the true Church. Ergo, here as early as A.D. 107, the Church was already known as “the Catholic Church.” It would have been known by that name (Catholic) while the Apostle John was still alive, since he died only about 7 years earlier than the time when Ignatius is writing. Also, as I said, the term “the Way” was only used by Jewish Christians when speaking to other Jews.

It remains that the CC was the first protestor (protestant). They separated themselves from the Orthodox.

KayMarie

#456760 Jun 27, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
GREEK DEFINITION OF INFIDEL
G571
&#945;&#787;&#769; &#960;&#953;&#963; &#964;&#959;&#962;
apistos
ap'-is-tos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and G4103; (actively) disbelieving, that is, without Christian faith (specifically a heathen); (passively) untrustworthy (person), or incredible (thing):- that believeth not, faithless, incredible thing, infidel, unbeliever (-ing).
~~~

ACCORDING TO THE ABOVE DEFINITION OF.... INFIDEL

IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT ALL ROMAN CATHOLICS ARE INFIDELS,

they are disbelievers ...in the word of God...

There faith is solely vested in their church, as apposed to the scriptures...

THEY ARE FAITHLESS concerning SALVATION THROUGH ACCEPTING JESUS CHRIST AS ONE'S SAVIOR..

THEY DON'T BELIEVE ...THE WORDS OF

PETER AT THE HOUSE OF CORNELIEOUS

Act_11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

OR PAUL AND SILAS AT PHILIPPI

Act_16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

THEY SCOFF AT THE WORD'S OF pAUL IN

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

THEY DISCOUNT/NEGATE... THEM... AND REPLACE THEM WITH THEIR OWN MOUNTAIN OF CONJECTURE...RITUALS, MYTHS AND FABLES

Since: Sep 09

Dawson Creek, Canada

#456761 Jun 27, 2013
OldJG wrote:
Page 2 of 2
WE BELIEVE
Or ELSE ... you are afraid of punishment!

That's really not a good reason to have faith in anything.

And if there just happens to be a creator, that creator knows that fear is what prevents you from asking questions OF the dogmas, because you reckon the creator will be offended.

I believe it's the opposite. If there is a creator, that creator would be offended because fear held you in bondage to the point of where you wouldn't dare to question the words of your favorite theologians.

I was never afraid to ask question of why theologians wrote of and preached conflicting dogmas when at the same time, they all proclaimed to know "truth."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bring back thd human sexuality forum? 9 min Shanti 34
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 12 min Shanti 41
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min Buck Crick 56,172
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 27 min Richard Tzell 384
does any kids want to be completely naked for 2... 1 hr Susan 2
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 446
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 3 hr Thinking 73
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 182,967
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Hangman 971,867
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr ChristineM 445,930