Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603285 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456423 Jun 26, 2013
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
The truth is ....Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
ROMAN CATHOLICISM ....HAS NO SEMBLANCE ....TO .... TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST.
IT HAS THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHAMELEON...
IT HAS CHANGED TO FIT INTO MULTIPLE ENVIRONMENTS UNTIL IT HAS COMPLETELY
EXTRICATED ITSELF FROM ANY THING AT ALL THAT IDENTIFIES WITH
CHRISTIANITY...
IT IS AN ALTOGETHER SEPARATE ENTITY
Ok ... how?

Is it the Eucharist, Baptism, Confession and Marian theology? Or the funny robes they wear?

At what point did 'Roman' Catholicism become corrupted. Was it Constantine, or when Protestants gave us the Roman title in the 17th century?
You guys need to start being challenged on your scenarios of this supposed corruption. You do not provide any evidence to back up your accusations against the Church. Try foregoing deception te prove your claims Confrint. Your religion should be able to stand on its own merit. I see it immediately falling apart from ignorance.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#456424 Jun 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe 3 popes have visited Israel since 1948.
Anyway, Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD.. The Apostles and other Christians were scattered about.
The Miracle is that The Holy Spirit took the.....snip...leveled; Bishops and Priest fed to the lions. A few yrs later, God ended the suffering and answered the prayers of the peo......ks who would pick it up and read it? But the establishment of the Church that compiled the Bible was really under the guidance of Constantine and the Devil?
If thats the case, then Christ is a phony. He let Hell prevail against His Church, and started 45,000 other ones once the Bible became available.
Also Catholicism, is the same before and after Constantine, which we proved to you by the Martyrd Christians who wrote about it.
It's great that theses popes have visited Israel

The non Catholic Christians have been in Israel with missions and money for refugees relocation for a long time..this land belongs to the Jews..And we have acknowledged and supported that for decades.

And your own John Paul acknowledged the Christian martyrs who were not Catholic..

Again Again you all think you have cornered the market on spreading the truth that matters...And GOD has used ALL OF US.

What if it is a simple as this.

The Church started with the Apostles. And grew into an institution that became very intertwined with Emperor and kings later on. The kings used the authority of religion and the Church used the authority of the kings.
AND PRESERVED THE WORD as you said.

GOd did not want this political institution to be the ONLY way His word was spread.

He allowed for the Reformation..the distribution of bibles and the spread if His Word across the seas. NOTHING that big could happen without Him.

GOD blessed our country for its basic faithfulness and allowed us to ally with Israel.

Our internet and television ministries both Catholic and non spread the Good Word all over.

Our missionaries both Catholic and Non do wonderful work in poor places and Spread the Good Word.

He allowed this country to become a shining city .

He allowed for Vatican 2

He allowed for Popes who are now independent of kings and politics and ask for UNITY between the brethren...meaning us.

And for good relations with Israel

And He allowed for the generalized ACTUAL BIBLE study along with the catechism they had. For Catholics..with actual bibles

GOD HAS ALWAYS HAD A,PLAN for His,Church.(His Bride..the believers)

And maybe He needed alliance with the Emperor's to preserve His word.

But HE obviously did not desire that it be kept locked up for ONLY the clergy to interpret.

GOD ALLOWED all of this.

I believe He used ALL of theses methods including the printing press...tv..And internet..So that His word would be spread as far as,possible before the END TIMES.

Catholics BELIEVE it's only through them we are saved

We believe in the Bible as the way.

Maybe for each time in history it was through both .

So that most who hear will believe the ONLY NECESSARY WORD.

Jesus died for our Sins. We need to repent and receive Him. He is the Way..The Truth and the Light.

AT SOME POINT..it will be too late..He wants that none shall perish

Imo..to jealously say I AM THE ONLY WAY Is so wrong.

GOD allowed the Reformation so more of His word was spread ..period.

GOD allowed the Church in Rome to copy and preserve scripture.

We needed each other.to do His will.

And it is folly to believe differently. Imo

If there are errors in how we practice ....GOD WILL CORRECT THEM.

But the WORD ..JESUS IS THE WAY. Is His word and it will go out because He wants it to by what ever means He allows

And the Spirit will show us the truth in the Word.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#456425 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
The truth is ....Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Heb 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.
Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
ROMAN CATHOLICISM ....HAS NO SEMBLANCE ....TO .... TEACHINGS OF JESUS CHRIST.
IT HAS THE CHARACTERISTICS OF A CHAMELEON...
IT HAS CHANGED TO FIT INTO MULTIPLE ENVIRONMENTS UNTIL IT HAS COMPLETELY
EXTRICATED ITSELF FROM ANY THING AT ALL THAT IDENTIFIES WITH
CHRISTIANITY...
IT IS AN ALTOGETHER SEPARATE ENTITY
~~~~

JESUS SAID..

Joh_12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT LIFT UP NOR DOES IT GLORIFY JESUS...

IT GLORIFIES ITSELF...

1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29 -->THAT NO FLESH SHOULD GLORY IN HIS PRESENCE.

1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written,

HE THAT GLORIETH LET HIM GLORY IN THE LORD.

___

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT REPRESENT JESUS CHRIST.

IT HAS NO

wisdom, righteousness, and sanctification, and

PROMISES NO redemption: ONLY A DEAD END STREET.

Since: Sep 09

Terrace, Canada

#456426 Jun 26, 2013
People argue over who were the first Christians, as though THAT is a big deal.

I believe that Catholics were the first ones to use the word Christian, but whoever it was, they were liars, so there is nothing of which to be proud from THAT history.

It's plain to see again and again that the Christians vilified the religion of the Jews in order to create a new sensation in the already over-done bragging of being special to one or another illusionary god.

To call the faithful Jews "Christ-killers" was a whopper of a lie, because faithful Jews would not have killed Jesus, unless Jesus was unfaithful to Judaism.

And that is the picture painted by the Christians. Jesus willingly left Judaism for Catholicism ... along with all his apostles,(with the exception of Judas) and his mother Mary, who according to the lies, became a Catholic saint.

You can see the lies ... and if you want to stay blinded by that word salvation ... the onus is on you.

Stay in your Christian cult ... nurture your lies ... and see where it gets you.

When you are aware, and you still keep on feeding it religious lies, my guess is, your conscience will not give you peace.

Terrace, Canada

#456427 Jun 26, 2013
Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
At what point did 'Roman' Catholicism become corrupted.
When they claimed that a Jew converted to Catholicism when he was baptized by a Catholic named John the Baptist and that the (now ex-Jew named Jesus) was intent on taking ONLY those of the Catholic faith to Christian "heaven."

That's just ONE major lie. The whole religion is based on lies.

The idea that a faithful Jew would be serving Catholics in confessionals is good for a laugh or two ... but even as myths go ... the scenario is beyond ludicrous.

#456428 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~~
JESUS SAID..
Joh_12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT LIFT UP NOR DOES IT GLORIFY JESUS...
IT GLORIFIES ITSELF...
1Co 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
1Co 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1Co 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29 -->THAT NO FLESH SHOULD GLORY IN HIS PRESENCE.
1Co 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
1Co 1:31 That, according as it is written,
HE THAT GLORIETH LET HIM GLORY IN THE LORD.
___
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT REPRESENT JESUS CHRIST.
IT HAS NO
wisdom, righteousness, and sanctification, and
PROMISES NO redemption: ONLY A DEAD END STREET.
~~~

A ROMAN CATHOLIC CANNOT SAY...-->

2Ti_1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed:

for

-->I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

THE ETERNAL DESTINY OF A ROMAN CATHOLIC IS LIKE A GAME OF BINGO...

THEY HAVE NO CERTAIN KNOWLEDGE OF THEIR DESTINY....

THEY DOUBT THE TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD THAT SAYS...

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

----
And well they should because the road that they follow will not lead them to the above truth.

THEREFORE THEY LIVE IN A HOPELESS VOID

#456429 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
2Ti_1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed:
for
-->I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
----
And well they should because the road that they follow will not lead them to the above truth.
~~~

THE WAY OF SALVATION IS...

Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Terrace, Canada

#456430 Jun 26, 2013
Scenario

Catholic in confessional ... "I don't mean to be rude Jesus ... but didn't you used to believe in Judaism?"

"Well actually, I don't exist except in your mind. But had I existed, I would have been known by the title Rabboni and been true to my Jewish heritage. But Catholics with pens in hand created me as a willing traitor to the Jews, which never would have happened had I been real."

Catholic in confessional ... "But Jesus, I can see you. You are as real to me as I am to myself."

"You are the creator of your own imagination. If you no longer believe in a savior, my image will be gone, and you will set your self free of such images."

Catholic in confessional ... "NOW I wish I hadn't asked any questions. Where do I go from here. I have no savior. I am all alone and desperately in need of assurance that I will be saved. Woe is me! I am bankrupt, and my despair in inconsolable. I NEED MY SAVIOR. I DEMAND TO HAVE MY SAVIOR BACK ... NOW!!!"

Terrace, Canada

#456431 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
for
----
You fool ... you are as a much a liar as any Catholic on earth.

You believe that this Jesus Character from the new testament that was compiled BY Catholics is YOUR door matt, and that he will love you because YOU SAY SO!

Of all the religious self-inflated preachers of supposed truth on this forum ... you take the cake.

Terrace, Canada

#456432 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
THE WAY OF SALVATION IS...
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Those scriptural words were approved of and compiled in the new testament by Catholics.

How foolish you are in your childish, wet-behind-the-ears suit claiming "I KNOW TRUTH!!! FOLLOW ME!!!

Your own finger of stupidity is pointing back at you, and you don't even realize that is the case.

#456433 Jun 26, 2013
ONE RECEIVES SALVATION WHEN THEY ACCEPT THE FACT THAT

Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and

the LORD hath laid on him/JESUS the iniquity of us all.

~~~

JESUS FORGIVES ALL OUR PASSED SINS WHEN WE ACCEPT HIS SACRIFICE ON CALVARY'S CROSS AS A PARDON FOR THEM.

WHEN WE ACCEPT HIM AS OUR SUBSTITUTE ....IT IS THEN

THAT BEFORE GOD...WE ARE FORGIVEN....

for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

#456434 Jun 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You fool ... you are as a much a liar as any Catholic on earth.
You believe that this Jesus Character from the new testament that was compiled BY Catholics is YOUR door matt, and that he will love you because YOU SAY SO!
Of all the religious self-inflated preachers of supposed truth on this forum ... you take the cake.
~~~

the lord rebuke you~

let not the devil say so...
marge

Ames, IA

#456435 Jun 26, 2013
103How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456436 Jun 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you jest!
From your perception, is Catholicism simply a different "level" than Islam or Judaism or Hinduism, et cetera?
June:

I can generalize here, and say that Christianity's approach to Truth is an acceptance of suffering, and is not dependent on the work of eliminating suffering, but to deny oneself in order to become Christ-like. Judaism is similar.

Islam seeks peace(by force) but does not eliminate suffering.(At least in our modern times.) Islam tolerates the non-Islamic world, because it does not have enough power to force its peace upon it at the present.

Hinduism(Buddhism) seeks to eliminate suffering by emptying oneself and live in a sort of "nothingness" called Nirvana.(Hinduism has so many philosophical approaches it is hard to generalize.)

So they all share some things in common. Namely, they have philosophical approaches, though they are different, and thus end up on different levels.

#456437 Jun 26, 2013
ONE RECEIVES SALVATION WHEN THEY ACCEPT THE FACT THAT
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
the LORD hath laid on him/JESUS the iniquity of us all.
~~~
JESUS FORGIVES ALL OUR PASSED SINS WHEN WE ACCEPT HIS SACRIFICE ON CALVARY'S CROSS AS A PARDON FOR THEM.
WHEN WE ACCEPT HIM AS OUR SUBSTITUTE ....IT IS THEN
THAT BEFORE GOD...WE ARE FORGIVEN....
for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
~~~

JESUS SAID

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Terrace, Canada

#456438 Jun 26, 2013
Even as a child I didn't believe that a god would send a savior for only those who were Christian.

I used to watch the preachers sermonizing and wonder how they could believe their own words.

And they DID believe them, of that part of the equation I don't question.

Billy Graham put complete faith in how he interpreted those word written by other men. There was no question about his sincerity.

But now, he tells a different story from the same bible. Now he claims that people don't have to be Christian to be saved.

You are no longer children. And biblical words never were dependable. You know it and I know it.

What are YOU going to do about it? That is the question you must ask your selves ... or NOT! The onus is on you!

Terrace, Canada

#456439 Jun 26, 2013
<quoted text>
~~~
the lord rebuke you~
let not the devil say so...
You think you are all-powerful and can put a curse on me simply because you hold a bible and I don't.

You fool!

Terrace, Canada

#456440 Jun 26, 2013
marge wrote:
103How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Shakespeare had nothing on those words.

Theologians were quite the philosophers.

They could see ahead that if they taught people to believe the gods were giving orders, the people would follow the string of words compiled by the theologians.

They were masters at their trade.

"I'll give you a savior ... and you will do as I say in the pretense that the words come direct from GOD."

And the people followed comparable to blinded sheep.
Human Being

Welsh, LA

#456441 Jun 26, 2013
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Precisely. We have "concepts" of truth, which could be way OFF the mark of truth ... if such a thing as absolute truth even exists, which is anybody's guess, or concept.
It's all about ifs, and ifs are not necessarily facts.
June:

Its wider ranging than what you state.

Its all about our pre-conceptions, and our ability to reason them logically to make up a valid concept.

This valid concept may or may not be true within the framework of another world-view.

So in just giving opinions with evidence is not a convincing argument. Evidence is not proof. Opinions are not evidence....
Clay

Brooklyn, NY

#456442 Jun 26, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's great that theses popes have visited Israel
The non Catholic Christians have been in Israel with missions and money for refugees relocation for a long time..this land belongs to the Jews..And we have acknowledged and supported that for decades.
And your own John Paul acknowledged the Christian martyrs who were not Catholic..
Again Again you all think you have cornered the market on spreading the truth that matters...And GOD
Snipped for space..
you said, "You all think you have cornered the market on spreading the truth"
There is no 'market' on truth. Its either truth or not. When you tell people the Eucharist is nothing; Baptism doesn't need water; faith is all you need; sscripture is all you need, you're not spreading the will of God. You're not spreading truth.
you said "Catholics believe it is only through them which we are saved"
No we don't. You guys say we say that. Read the Catechism.
You guys should get a pat on the back for the charity work you do; introducing people to Jesus Christ; working to bring peace and harmony to the world; feeding the poor etc.
Not one of your ministers are an authority on sacred scripture. The Holy Spirit does not reveal Biblical truths to them.
You pray, commit your life to Christ and the Lord blesses you with graces.
JP II acknowledged that truth. Its a wonderful truth that shows allot of positive results and we can work together on that. There is no way Blessed John Paul was giving credence to Protestant doctrines because they are not what the Apostles taught. The Holy Spirit works in some way with all peoples who's intent is to love thy neighbor and do good works. Sorry Rose, that doesn't mean you're guided to the full teachings of Jesus Christ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Darwins Stepchild 879,397
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 20 min 15th Dalai Lama 8,100
The Christian Atheist debate 27 min messianic114 3,864
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 42 min cool boy 228
Gay sex in Gurgaon 46 min nikhil 2
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 52 min Ann Bonney 53,493
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min who 177,861
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus 272,895
More from around the web