Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Comments (Page 22,005)

Showing posts 440,081 - 440,100 of511,982
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen carefully Kay, your salvation may depend on it:
You are using deception like your husband. Just because Jesus gave Peter the keys, DOESN'T MEAN CHRIST GAVE UP HIS SET!
you added your own personal opinion to John's Book.
Here is the only verse in Revelation you should be interpreting "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this Book; if anyone adds to them, God will add to them the plagues described in this book" Rev. 22:18
~~~
THE CHAIN OF COMMAND IS

1Co_11:3 But I would have you know,

that

1.the head of every man is Christ;

and

2. the head of the woman

is the man; and

3.the head of Christ is God.

GOD'S CHAIN OF COMMAND DOES NOT INCLUDE A POPE...
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Disciple"]<q uoted text>
Yea OK Peter has the keys!
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and HAVE THE KEYS of hell and of death.
Jesus says that HE HAS the keys Himself.
KayMarie
Their logic not mine, which makes no sense. Not that you do most of the time either.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are the keys for the Catholic kingdom or for the Jewish kingdom???
:)
They are to lock you up where you belong.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
THE CHAIN OF COMMAND IS
1Co_11:3 But I would have you know,
that
1.the head of every man is Christ;
and
2. the head of the woman
is the man; and
3.the head of Christ is God.
GOD'S CHAIN OF COMMAND DOES NOT INCLUDE A POPE...
SINCE THE HEAD OF THE WOMAN IS THE MAN...

Mary the wife of Joseph (the mother of Jesus) would have had to be subject to her husband Joseph...Would she not?

1Co_7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

According to the scripture Her responsibility to Joseph would have been

1Co_7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

The myth/fable that the Roman Catholic have concocted about Mary is not scriptural....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Isiah 22:22 "And I will place on his shoulder the KEY of the house of David; He shall open and none shall shut; and he shall shut and none shall open. And I will fasten him like a peg in a sure place and he will become a throne of honor to his fathers house"
Mathew 16:18-19 "And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven."
Peter got the keys. He organized the Church. He ordained Bishops, Priests and Deacons. You can read the writings of the early Church to get a clear glimpse of this hierarchy if you're interested in truth.
From the NT, you can see that Peter is mentioned 156 times (kjv) that's more than all the other Apostles combined.
From Acts you can see His authority.'Peter stood up and addressed the people (Acts 1:15, 2:14, 3:11... Peter heals a beggar (Acts3:2) Peter boldly rebukes the rulers, elders and scribes (Acts 4).. Ananias and his wife come face to face with Peter and the keys he was given (Acts 5).. Peter kneels down to pray before Tabathia and she arises from the dead(Acts 9:36).. Peter heals a paralyzed man (Acts 9:32).. An Angel of God appeared to Cornelius - a centurion - told him to summon Simon called ROCK and listen to what Peter has to say.(acts 10) Peter brings the word of God to the Gentiles (acts 10:34)...The Church at Jerusalem question Peter about bringing the Gospel to the Gentiles. Peter explains and they do not question him any further.
~~~
YOU WROTE

Isiah 22:22 "And I will place on his shoulder the KEY of the house of David; He shall open and none shall shut; and he shall shut and none shall open. And I will fasten him like a peg in a sure place and he will become a throne of honor to his fathers house"
~~~~

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO THE APOSTLE PETER

PETER WAS NOT A DESCENDENT OF THE HOUSE OF DAVID...SO PETER DOES NOT QUALIFY...

IN YOUR WILDEST IMAGINATION/DREAMS ...

YOU ATTEMPT TO HIJACK THE DYNASTY OF DAVID AND GIVE IT TO A BUNCH OF GENTILES...

IN ROME..

.AND DENY THE EXISTENCE OF THE CHILDREN OF JOSEPH AND MARY

WHO WERE THE REAL DESCENDENTS OF OF THE DYNASTY OF DAVID ON THE EARTH...

THE LORD REBUKE YOU.

YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY WILL REAP THE HARVEST OF THE TREACHERY, LIES AND DECEPTION

WHICH IT HAS PROPAGATED.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
SINCE THE HEAD OF THE WOMAN IS THE MAN...
Mary the wife of Joseph (the mother of Jesus) would have had to be subject to her husband Joseph...Would she not?
1Co_7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
According to the scripture Her responsibility to Joseph would have been
1Co_7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.
The myth/fable that the Roman Catholic have concocted about Mary is not scriptural....
The Word of God also proclaims,“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent”
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
Their logic not mine, which makes no sense. Not that you do most of the time either.
She makes perfect sense to me on the important stuff anyway, can you give a example where she's wrong on the 'True Church'?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word of God also proclaims,“A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent”
My son-in-law wrote a paper about the woman 'Disciples' in the Bible, do you want to read it:)

Since: Sep 09

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
They are to lock you up where you belong.
Party pooper!

Must you get so cranky just because I want to know if the kingdom is Jewish or Catholic???

After all it's a legitimate question.

OH DEAR!!! I forgot to add the fact that the Protestant kingdom might be a possibility ... OH ... and then there's that pesky Muslim kingdom.

Maybe Jehovah will split it four ways.

What do YOU think professor???

Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
My son-in-law wrote a paper about the woman 'Disciples' in the Bible, do you want to read it:)
Nope!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

<quoted text>
~~~
YOU WROTE
~~~~
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO THE APOSTLE PETER
PETER WAS NOT A DESCENDENT OF THE HOUSE OF DAVID...SO PETER DOES NOT QUALIFY...
IN YOUR WILDEST IMAGINATION/DREAMS ...
YOU ATTEMPT TO HIJACK THE DYNASTY OF DAVID AND GIVE IT TO A BUNCH OF GENTILES...
IN ROME..
.AND DENY THE EXISTENCE OF THE CHILDREN OF JOSEPH AND MARY
WHO WERE THE REAL DESCENDENTS OF OF THE DYNASTY OF DAVID ON THE EARTH...
THE LORD REBUKE YOU.
YOUR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY WILL REAP THE HARVEST OF THE TREACHERY, LIES AND DECEPTION
WHICH IT HAS PROPAGATED.
Did you have an enema that made you poop out all those capital letters.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Party pooper!
Must you get so cranky just because I want to know if the kingdom is Jewish or Catholic???
After all it's a legitimate question.
OH DEAR!!! I forgot to add the fact that the Protestant kingdom might be a possibility ... OH ... and then there's that pesky Muslim kingdom.
Maybe Jehovah will split it four ways.
What do YOU think professor???
I think you are not worthy.
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
She makes perfect sense to me on the important stuff anyway, can you give a example where she's wrong on the 'True Church'?
I meant in general. When someone is wrong sometimes or often then it is time to move on.
A preacher must know God first then the scriptures then it must be a he not a she.
I will never let a woman preach to me. Why? Because God says so!

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

<quoted text>
2. the head of the woman
is the man;
Are you sure you're not Catholic???

Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have an enema that made you poop out all those capital letters.
I think they read your posts.
Full of fiber.

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are not worthy.
But you avoided my question.

Do you think Jehovah will split the realm of bliss four ways, or whether he will save the best part of utopia for his favored Jews?

Vanderhoof, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
I will never let a woman preach to me. Why? Because God says so!
OH now you've gone too far. You hurt Joyce Meyers feelings. And that is a pity, because god speaks through her all the time ... night and day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about. Star posted straight sola scripture in its purest form.
If you you reject those blatant words from Jesus Christ, you're a hypocrite and not a 'Bible Alone' Christian.
He called Simon a rock and said "On this rock I will build my Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail. I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; Whatever you loose on Earth will be loosed in Heaven"
Did Jesus say that or not? Did He give Peter THE KEYS or not?
You got no business messing around with sacred scripture. You were not authorized to teach the Ministry of Jesus Christ. I believe you and the SDAs are dangerously reckless with this.
Horse radish....

NABre.....pope approved Catholic Bible...

Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone.

Note: image of the keys...image:A mental picture of something not real or present.

metaphor: A figure of speech in which a word or phrase that ordinarily designates one thing is used to designate another, thus making an implicit comparison, as in "a sea of troubles" or "All the world's a stage" (Shakespeare).

Note: A figure of speech.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Mathew 16:18-19 "And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this Rock I will build my Church and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in Heaven; Whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in Heaven."
Peter got the keys. He organized the Church. He ordained Bishops, Priests and Deacons. You can read the writings of the early Church to get a clear glimpse of this hierarchy if you're interested in truth.
From the NT, you can see that Peter is mentioned 156 times (kjv) that's more than all the other Apostles combined.
From Acts you can see His authority.'Peter stood up and addressed the people (Acts 1:15, 2:14, 3:11... Peter heals a beggar (Acts3:2) Peter boldly rebukes the rulers, elders and scribes (Acts 4).. Ananias and his wife come face to face with Peter and the keys he was given (Acts 5).. Peter kneels down to pray before Tabathia and she arises from the dead(Acts 9:36).. Peter heals a paralyzed man (Acts 9:32).. An Angel of God appeared to Cornelius - a centurion - told him to summon Simon called ROCK and listen to what Peter has to say.(acts 10) Peter brings the word of God to the Gentiles (acts 10:34)...The Church at Jerusalem question Peter about bringing the Gospel to the Gentiles. Peter explains and they do not question him any further.
Bull solid waste material!!!!

Largest denominations in the world Catholicism - 1.2 billion.

Christ built no denominations...zilch...nada.. ..

You are regurgitating the swill your piped piper from Rome fed you....
Disciple

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
But you avoided my question.
Do you think Jehovah will split the realm of bliss four ways, or whether he will save the best part of utopia for his favored Jews?
What do you care?
His plan does not include blasphemous individuals.
Wherever you land will give you a clue where the other ones went.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 440,081 - 440,100 of511,982
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

698 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min sweets2360 679,916
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Eagle 12 216,799
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min All-Righty 89,540
White House says bad intelligence fed WMD claim (Apr '06) 21 min who 91
Gay Snapchat Names 22 min Dblack379 1,329
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 26 min shovelhead72 52,503
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 37 min BLUEEYED CHILD OF FORTUNE 440,803
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Aiso82 234
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr Dang It 109,526
•••
•••
•••